lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: M4-78
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-25-2008, 11:38 PM   #81
JediAthos

Current Game: Defiance
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Hey D...I'm working my way through a playthrough now with the patch installed and when I try to talk to Lt. Grenn on Telos about the fuel from Vogga the Hutt there is no dialog. My only options are "I'd like to talk to you about the bounties" and "Never mind."

Any idea if it's related?

"You'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

JediAthos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2008, 11:49 PM   #82
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediAthos
Hey D...I'm working my way through a playthrough now with the patch installed and when I try to talk to Lt. Grenn on Telos about the fuel from Vogga the Hutt there is no dialog. My only options are "I'd like to talk to you about the bounties" and "Never mind."

Any idea if it's related?
Thats a normal game bug if I remember correctly; in the Vanilla game, you can't complete the Telos Fuel quest...

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2008, 11:51 PM   #83
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
You could always restore the quest as an aspect of the mod... I don't think it'd be that hard, though I honestly don't know what it'd entail. They did it in the TSLRP: I distinctly remember completing that quest in my last playthrough.

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2008, 11:53 PM   #84
JCarter426

That happens in the plain vanilla game too.

JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2008, 11:58 PM   #85
JediAthos

Ahh...it's been awhile since I played and I don't think I ever actually tried to talk to Grenn before

"You'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

Old 04-26-2008, 12:16 AM   #86
DarthStoney
To bed. I'm old and tired

Contest winner - Modding Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90SK
You could always restore the quest as an aspect of the mod... I don't think it'd be that hard, though I honestly don't know what it'd entail. They did it in the TSLRP: I distinctly remember completing that quest in my last playthrough.
TSLRP is restoring this.They had the fix for this originally they removed it from their site because it is part of TSLRP. Any if their original fixes will work with M478. I didn't include them cause I don't have permission to.

edit:what I should have said was all TSLRP fixes are compatible EXCEPT
don't use the jrnl file from fuel for telos fix and no need for 650jedi fix.

Last edited by DarthStoney; 04-26-2008 at 07:11 PM.
DarthStoney is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-28-2008, 02:52 PM   #87
JediAthos

Just wanted to say I finished the planet last night and I was quite impressed with the work. This is a fantastic mod D...I hope to see more from you!

Old 05-05-2008, 12:25 AM   #88
jxxx22
Rookie

i installed the t3d4.dlg from m4-78 compatibility with USM, but im still receiving vash as deceased on the jedi master list.
jxxx22 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-05-2008, 12:37 AM   #89
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
I've seen some shots of M4-78 on youtube and it looks pretty cool. I wished though I had KOTOR II for PC then I could enjoy these great mods

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-05-2008, 04:52 AM   #90
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

Current Game: many
I'm sorry to say, that I was having trouble after M4-78. So I'm not downloading it again. The loading screens into areas were crashing a lot.

A nice song, fits them perfectly.
The Mandalorians - The Chosen Ones
Wedge Suron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2008, 07:50 AM   #91
el Crawler
Rookie

I'm supposed to see droid intelligence in the Industrial Zone (Archon II or something like that) yet nothing is happening when I enter the big room with him in.

Is this common or have I done something wrong?
el Crawler is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2008, 08:25 AM   #92
Robespierre

Quote:
I'm sorry to say, that I was having trouble after M4-78. So I'm not downloading it again. The loading screens into areas were crashing a lot.
Strange, that never happened with me.

"We must use daring, daring and more daring." - Georges Jacques Danton
Robespierre is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2008, 11:56 AM   #93
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

Current Game: many
There's also the fact that I don't think Niman appeared for me either.

A nice song, fits them perfectly.
The Mandalorians - The Chosen Ones
Wedge Suron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2008, 01:02 PM   #94
DarthStoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by el Crawler
I'm supposed to see droid intelligence in the Industrial Zone (Archon II or something like that) yet nothing is happening when I enter the big room with him in.

Is this common or have I done something wrong?
yes a conv is supposed to trigger apon entering,there seems to be an issue with the trigger. try walking up between the 2 droids,there is a secondary trigger you should get to initiate the conv.

Old 05-23-2008, 03:21 AM   #95
Quatra
Rookie

I have few suggestions to you for Master Vash in the scene with all the masters in Dantooine.
I heard two times Vash speaks and both times, the camera is on Kreia and the 2nd time, Kreia's lips were moving like she was talking.

When Kreia appears to the masters, all 3 are in combat ready except Vash
and only Vash isn't choke by Kreia. The only thing right about this scene is when Kreia uses her field death because Vash received it

One more suggestion, is it possible to move a little bit Vash further to the Exile because when the camera is on Zez-Kai Ell's profile, Vash is cut by half. It would be nice if we could see more of her

I have one question for you. If i kill Vash and not all other Masters... will i get the normal scene or the fighting one?
Quatra is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-23-2008, 04:53 AM   #96
zbyl2

Contest winner - Modding Veteran Modder 
I saw something about Vash's lines on M4-78 forum... here
And yes, if you kill Vash and don't kill rest of Jedi Master, you'll must fight with masters in Dantooine.

Last edited by zbyl2; 01-27-2009 at 06:45 AM.
zbyl2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-23-2008, 09:57 AM   #97
DarthStoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quatra
I have few suggestions to you for Master Vash in the scene with all the masters in Dantooine.
I heard two times Vash speaks and both times, the camera is on Kreia and the 2nd time, Kreia's lips were moving like she was talking.
Make sure there is not another 650jedi.dlg in your override folder unless it is the one from the m478/USM patch. The original .dlg had lypsyncs for Kreia's unspoken lines.

As for the cameras I either need to add some for Vash(which I'll admit I hate placeable cameras)or she may not make it to Dantooine.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:20 PM   #98
Pikmin

I haven't played the council scen with Vash yet, but I does she get taunted by Kreia like the others before they get drained? I looked at your code and compared it to mine and she should right, swfan28 got that working I think.
Pikmin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2008, 04:17 PM   #99
DarthStoney

Yes ,she get taunted also, though she doesn't say Vash's name she just says "You ....."

Old 06-12-2008, 06:13 PM   #100
Pikmin

Ok. I got TSL installed and it worked, so i sent it to you.
Pikmin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2008, 09:55 AM   #101
Gavroche
Rookie

Just had a playthrough. Great mod really, it was a pleasure to see Vash having her part in the story.

I just found a couple of bugs. In played the DS way, so after Kreia pointed out Vash's Niman form, I expected to learn that technique... Yet I did not get it. I'm not sure why, lrn_form.dlg is in my Override and the script to give the form should be fired by Kreia's second line. But it's not :/

Oh, and having killed Vash and persuaded M4-78 to provide me a Star Forge-like army, I open the door to go back to the Central Zone, and behind is... Darth Sion oO Though, he would not move nor talk, and his Tag was "Sith Lord" rather than "Darth Sion". He just stood there and did nothing.

Also, maybe no real bugs, but still things that bug me: when I was about to leave him, M4-78 mentionned "unidentified heat sources" or something, that I would find on my way back to the Ebon Hawk. Did not find anybody on my way (except the standing Darth Sion).
And Vash suddenly became a master of understatement when I asked her about Kaah. "He's a bit shaken by his experience", yeah, my lightsaber shook him so much he's dead.

Anyway, that's an awesome job you did. A bit messy about how the True Sith interfered, but that's one more brick restored in the fragile skyscraper TSL is.

"Do you think I seek the death of all living things? There is no victory in such things.
I do not want to win our war like this, little Jedi. When I win, I wish it to be because I was right, my teachings true.
"
- Kreia, Jedi Master, Sith Lord
Gavroche is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2008, 10:35 AM   #102
MacTavish

This mod is awesome dstoney. Great Job!

MacTavish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2008, 11:18 AM   #103
DarthStoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavroche View Post
Just had a playthrough. Great mod really, it was a pleasure to see Vash having her part in the story.

I just found a couple of bugs. In played the DS way, so after Kreia pointed out Vash's Niman form, I expected to learn that technique... Yet I did not get it. I'm not sure why, lrn_form.dlg is in my Override and the script to give the form should be fired by Kreia's second line. But it's not :/

Oh, and having killed Vash and persuaded M4-78 to provide me a Star Forge-like army, I open the door to go back to the Central Zone, and behind is... Darth Sion oO Though, he would not move nor talk, and his Tag was "Sith Lord" rather than "Darth Sion". He just stood there and did nothing.

Also, maybe no real bugs, but still things that bug me: when I was about to leave him, M4-78 mentionned "unidentified heat sources" or something, that I would find on my way back to the Ebon Hawk. Did not find anybody on my way (except the standing Darth Sion).
And Vash suddenly became a master of understatement when I asked her about Kaah. "He's a bit shaken by his experience", yeah, my lightsaber shook him so much he's dead.

Anyway, that's an awesome job you did. A bit messy about how the True Sith interfered, but that's one more brick restored in the fragile skyscraper TSL is.
Thank you, Not sure what happened there,but Sion is supposed to "Kill" you. There are some issues with the lrnform.dlg with adding Vash so I need to remove her and make her independant of the main learn form script. Btw the whole "death" scene is being removed and the loose ends for some chatacters is also being redone as well as a storyline addition/update.

Old 06-18-2008, 01:33 PM   #104
Gavroche
Rookie

Alright, I had a look at your website and it looks like you're still working hard on this Would you rather have bugs reported on this website? 'Cause I've a new one ^^

When you first land on Malachor V, you've got that cutscene with Traya disposing of Sion's Assassins, then talking to Sion and stating that now she understands "why the Exile has done what he has done" or something like that.
During that cutscene, they're supposed to be alone IIRC. Yet I spotted one Sith Assassin standing next to Darth Sion - I believe that's the one you spawned in your cutscene when Sion is watching a holo of the Exile, and who has not been destroyed.

"Do you think I seek the death of all living things? There is no victory in such things.
I do not want to win our war like this, little Jedi. When I win, I wish it to be because I was right, my teachings true.
"
- Kreia, Jedi Master, Sith Lord
Gavroche is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2008, 04:23 PM   #105
DarthStoney

Either site is fine, its possible thats what happened with the extra assassin. I'll look closer at the destroy script to make sure it destroys all assassins. It was obsidians original script I just added after it plays to load the droid module.

Old 06-18-2008, 05:28 PM   #106
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavroche View Post
oh lol

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2008, 09:23 PM   #107
Exile007
Forumite

Current Game: Zelda Majora's Mask
I just realized, I haven't commented yet!

Great work! I know many have said this but:

Quote:
This is one step closer to a complete TSL!
Exile007 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2008, 02:22 PM   #108
ElecManEXE
Rookie

I think I've got a bug. Got this mod, started a new game, played all the way through and did Korriban last. Korriban was fine, got Vash's message about M4-78 and the USM saber and all. No problems.

But now that I'm on M4-78 proper, there seems to be something wrong. In the first area there's the many-armed droid who you can talk to about the planet and his design. His name is wierd, I think its in German (its BegruBungsdroide or something to that effect, with an accent on the U and a wierd second B). But the text is all English besides his name, so no real problem there.

The problem comes when I enter the first area (Central Zone). After going through the door, I get a journal entry that reads "LS-44 has informed you that due to radiation flooding the Central Zone you cannot enter. You were allowed to send a droid in to investigate." But... that never happened. I never talked to any droid about any radiation, the only droid I've even seen is the many-armed one and he said nothing about radiation or sending a droid. And my full party is there. Exile, Handmaiden, Bao Dur.

Having never played the mod I don't know what's supposed to happen. Whether the journal message is an error and I'm supposed to be able to enter the area with my party, or whether its correct and I was only supposed to send in a droid. The green gas coming out of the holes in the ground tells me its probably the later, but I don't know. Something's not right, though, one way or the other.

I've got saves at various points. One before going to M4-78, and one before Korriban (though I'd prefer not to do Korriban all over again). So hopefully I can clear the issue up without starting a new game.

I did have the Droid Planet mod installed at one point, though I never actually got around to playing it. Uninstalled it from my override, but I still see a few "remnants" of that mod (it added a console in the Mandalorian Cache that's still there, for example), and it did initially prevent installation of some of the files that go into the Modules folder for this mod, but I took the ones from the patcher data folder and overwrote them directly (I think I got all of them, maybe I missed one...). Don't know if that's a possible cause or not.
ElecManEXE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2008, 04:17 PM   #109
DarthStoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElecManEXE View Post
But now that I'm on M4-78 proper, there seems to be something wrong. In the first area there's the many-armed droid who you can talk to about the planet and his design. His name is wierd, I think its in German (its BegruBungsdroide or something to that effect, with an accent on the U and a wierd second B). But the text is all English besides his name, so no real problem there.

The problem comes when I enter the first area (Central Zone). After going through the door, I get a journal entry that reads "LS-44 has informed you that due to radiation flooding the Central Zone you cannot enter. You were allowed to send a droid in to investigate." But... that never happened. I never talked to any droid about any radiation, the only droid I've even seen is the many-armed one and he said nothing about radiation or sending a droid. And my full party is there. Exile, Handmaiden, Bao Dur.
I've got saves at various points. One before going to M4-78, and one before Korriban (though I'd prefer not to do Korriban all over again). So hopefully I can clear the issue up without starting a new game.

I did have the Droid Planet mod installed at one point, though I never actually got around to playing it. Uninstalled it from my override, but I still see a few "remnants" of that mod (it added a console in the Mandalorian Cache that's still there, for example), and it did initially prevent installation of some of the files that go into the Modules folder for this mod, but I took the ones from the patcher data folder and overwrote them directly (I think I got all of them, maybe I missed one...). Don't know if that's a possible cause or not.
Yes that's what's wrong, there are still remnants of "the droid planet mod" in your override also if there are any old .mod files in your module folder from the other mod. You can redo an installation and use your save after Korr should be fine. The biggest thing is the globals from the begining.

Old 06-20-2008, 04:43 PM   #110
ElecManEXE
Rookie

Went through and deleted all 80#DRO files from my modules folder then ran the installer again, that seems to have done it. Guess I did in fact miss some. Everything seems to be working fine now. Thanks, now I get to have my fun playing it
Old 06-20-2008, 04:47 PM   #111
Jedil3thal
Rookie

Love this mod

Weapons are helpful accesories but your skills are how you act In battle but to win strength is your greatest ally
Jedil3thal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2008, 11:39 PM   #112
LordofStarWars
Rookie

when i go into the archon core i can get i2 s4 or whatever his name is to talk to me but after he asks what is your request my game crashes
LordofStarWars is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2008, 11:45 PM   #113
DarthStoney

I have heard of this, not sure what causes it though. I've not been able to duplicate it. Try removing placeables.2da from your override which will remove the archons. Maybe its a graphics issue?

Old 06-20-2008, 11:50 PM   #114
Da_Man_2423
Forumite

Current Game: NCAA Football 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofStarWars View Post
when i go into the archon core i can get i2 s4 or whatever his name is to talk to me but after he asks what is your request my game crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTONEY642000
I have heard of this, not sure what causes it though. I've not been able to duplicate it. Try removing placeables.2da from your override which will remove the archons. Maybe its a graphics issue?
Same exact thing happened to me. I took the lazy route and just moved all the files in my override folder somewhere else and reinstalled the mod. Fixed it for me, so I'm guessing there was a mod conflict somewhere.

Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2008, 07:07 AM   #115
Istorian

Helpful! 
I played the mod over, and it's totally awesome!!

Truly wonderful work, Darth Stoney! Can't wait for your next mod

Istorian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2008, 08:27 AM   #116
Da_Man_2423
Forumite

Current Game: NCAA Football 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Istorian View Post
I played the mod over, and it's totally awesome!!

Truly wonderful work, Darth Stoney! Can't wait for your next mod
Definately adds a ton to the game. I found it quite unsatisfying that you couldn't talk to Vash ever and just find her dead corpse on Korriban.

I needed the pleasure of taking out my revenge .

Permanent addition to my override folder for as long as I have this game installed.

Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2008, 02:35 PM   #117
ElecManEXE
Rookie

Finished this a few days ago and forgot to give you my feedback. Oops.

Great mod, for starters. I'm a huge droid fan, and seeing all the different types of droids was cool. Especially the quadraped ones with guns on their backs.

I didn't mind the voices too much. I could tell they weren't original TSL voices, but they weren't terrible. Improvement is always wanted, but they work well enough.

2 big suggestions for things that really bugged me. First, the droid in the central area. That whole puzzle thing makes no sense. If the generators power the functions as the memory core says, then you should have to turn them ON, not off. Also, there's no way to tell which is which, it doesn't tell you which corner is a certain number, so you just have to guess. And do the ones other than the one that solves the puzzle (aka the weapons and such) actually DO anything, or are they just there for show?

Second, loot. I notice there was a lot of "static" loot. Which is fine, you gave some droid stuff that is unavailable in the game, and thats great. But most of those containers have way too much in them. Many of them have 8 or so items in them, and that's a big difference from the main game, where most usually have 4 or less. Might want to either split the containers up, or just lower the amount a bit. One particular container that really got me was the lightsaber locker in the core. Way too many items, and too many really good ones (though that may have been because I did the planet last so I was high level). 1 lightsaber, and 1-3 crystals. No more than that. They're droids, its a bit odd that they have lightsaber parts at all, but they definately shouldn't have as many as are in there now.

On the same line, I noticed that a whole bunch of the droids in the Environmental Area (especially getting close to the end) had Thermal Detonators. Always 4 of them, so I assume you put them there specifically, and it wasn't just chance. By the end of the planet I'd gathered almost 50 of the things. Since they're the best grenade and usually very expensive to make or buy, not to mention rare, they really need to be toned down. I don't know if you meant for them to be looted, or if they were supposed to be used by the droids against you. Might look at that, though.

One other minor issue is the trigger for talking to the archons. Rather than have it be an invisible trigger area (which often goes off again as you try to leave), maybe you should look at something like the Mandalorian on Dxun that's trapped on the ridge. Not sure how that works, but it seems like a visible talking trigger you can click would be better than how it is now, so it wouldn't trigger so much when you try to leave or walk around.

Overall, though, I really enjoyed it. The scenery was great, and the story was pretty cool. Didn't really understand the Twi'lek girl by the huge mass of droids, though.

I'm glad you're going to remove the death scene. Its kinda wierd, especially since once you get back to the Ebon Hawk everyone acts as if nothing happened. Doesn't really make sense that Vash would get by Sion unharmed if you don't fight her yourself, either.

And I can confirm the problem with the extra Assassin during the Kreia arrival on Malachor scene. Just stands there off to the side as it happens.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:42 PM   #118
DarthStoney

Yes the whole Central droid issue is being redone the power sation puzzle is going to be used but will make sense this time. The loot wil be toned down I tried to put in some of the items that aren't found in game normally but there is quite a bit and they are slightly overpowered. The Twilek girl is also going away, she was just left over dialog found in the .tlk file have someone/something else planned for that area.

On the issue of the Archon's, would it be better to have a computer panel to interact with to trigger the conv?
I will recheck the script for the left over assassin.thanks

Old 06-25-2008, 03:48 PM   #119
Druganator

Current Game: Kotor, TSL, Fable II
uh i went to m478 after i went to the hk place and i dont kno but i never saw master vash and i dont kno if i even completed the quest cuz everytime i would talk to any of the archons it would act like i was talking to them for the first time

There is no Palpatine. No Empire. No Jedi. There is no Light. No Dark... Just you, and I, here, now.
Druganator is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2008, 03:54 PM   #120
ElecManEXE
Rookie

A computer console could work if you can't get something like the Mandalorian on the ridge to work, yah. I just don't like the automatic invisible trigger. Sometimes its hard to get to work at all, other times it goes off every time you move. It's just akward.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > M4-78