lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Who do you believe to be Kreia's "true" identity?
Arren Kae 32 65.31%
Krynda Draay 5 10.20%
Neither 8 16.33%
Not sure 4 8.16%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll


Thread: Kreia's true identity
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-22-2008, 01:55 AM   #121
JCarter426
Senior Member
 
JCarter426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Look to your left.
Posts: 1,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Boots
Quotes. I need quotes. She never says she 100% human.
Not exactly. But she refers to Bao-Dur as "the alien" and Visas as "the Miraluka". If she weren't 100% human herself, she most likely wouldn't say this (especially the Miraluka part). However, this definitely is "interpretation", I suppose.

Quote:
Nor does she say that she inflicted Force sight onto herself.
Yes, this one she definitely does.

Quote:
Kreia: There is nothing wrong with my sight, if that is your question. I see all that I need, though the seeing of things flesh and blood has failed me some time ago. They were distractions only.

Exile: Is it like Visas' eyes? Were you blinded as she was?

Kreia: There is nothing wrong with my eyes - they simply have atrophied from use. They are adequate to distinguish shapes, silhouettes. If need be, I could heal them, restore my sight, but sight can prove a distraction. When one relies on sight to perceive the world, it is like trying to stare at the galaxy through a crack in the door. But that is a lesson for another time. You must learn to see crude matter for what it is before the veil is lifted
OK, she got a little preachy at the end. But she does assert that her eyes are not like Visas' eyes, furthermore implying that she is not part Miraluka.


Quote:
I assume you mean Revan.
Whoops, got me there.

Quote:
But he also hasn't given us reason not to think that. It's possible at this point. And as I've mentioned, Lucien and the others did know Revan(chist) to the point of calling him "friend". And where were Lucien and the others during their training? Krynda's place.
We've seen all the ones Krynda taught. None of them were Revan. But yes, it is possible; however, that would require Mr Miller to retcon his own work.

Quote:
How are they wrong that the Council exiled her for her teachings? I'm not saying the teachings were wrong. That's an in-game thing.
Didn't say that. They were wrong that her teachings led to the Mandalorian Wars and the Jedi Civil War. As I said, they blamed her ex post facto.

Quote:
But there isn't anything contradicting that fact besides the fact that Arren Kae was exiled for bumping uglies with Yusanis.
We only have Kreia's word on this matter. And as I said earlier, Kreia lies. A lot. Especially about herself. Furthermore, it would be in her character to blame the Council for exiling her over the birth of her daughter, rather than exiling her for her own failures.

One further note: Kreia only admits that she was exiled because her teachings violated the order when the Exile calls her on it. And after that, she won't even talk about Revan when asked if she were to blame.[/QUOTE]



Last edited by JCarter426; 04-22-2008 at 06:12 PM.
JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2008, 02:08 AM   #122
Jolly Boots
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarter426
Not exactly. But she refers to Bao-Dur as "the alien" and Visas as "the Miraluka". If she weren't 100% human herself, she most likely wouldn't say this (especially the Miraluka part). However, this definitely is "interpretation", I suppose.
I never thought that Krynda would think herself as Miraluka. Since she likes to praise the pure-bloods very much. She doesn't seem to see herself "as one of them."



Quote:
Yes, this one she definitely does.



OK, she got a little preachy at the end. But she does assert that her eyes are not like Visas' eyes, furthermore implying that she is not part Miraluka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself
I don't see anywhere in that sentence that she gave herself Force sight. I always interpreted (and I mean, always. Before Krynda even existed.) as she had both at some point (how, never thought about) but then stopped using sight and always used the Force to see.
Quote:
We've seen all the ones Krynda taught. None of them were Revan. But yes, it is possible; however, that would require Mr Miller to retcon his own work.
Well. We've only seen the estate with students at it once. Revan was in the toilet at the time maybe. *shrug* Wouldn't be the first time one would have to recon ones own work. Though I don't think this is recon.



Quote:
Didn't say that. They were wrong that her teachings led to the Mandalorian Wars and the Jedi Civil War. As I said, they blamed her ex post facto.
Ah. I see.



Quote:
We only have Kreia's word on this matter. And as I said earlier, Kreia lies. A lot. Especially about herself. Furthermore, it would be in her character to blame the Council for exiling her over the birth of her daughter, rather than exiling her for her own failures.

One further note: Kreia only admits that she was exiled because her teachings violated the order when the Exile calls her on it. And after that, she won't even talk about Revan when
asked if she were to blame.
But she does blame the Council for exiling her for her supposed failures. Both parties say she was exiled for the fall of her students. I would say that's pretty much solid. Or maybe I'm having trouble interpreting what exactly your trying to put across.
Jolly Boots is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2008, 02:16 AM   #123
JCarter426
Senior Member
 
JCarter426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Look to your left.
Posts: 1,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Boots
I never thought that Krynda would think herself as Miraluka. Since she likes to praise the pure-bloods very much. She doesn't seem to see herself "as one of them."
Ah, but what does Kreia think? She hates Visas, and uses the term "the Miraluka" as if it's an insult. Maybe Mr Miller is going to explain that too. But I doubt it.

Quote:
But she does blame the Council for exiling her for her supposed failures. Both parties say she was exiled for the fall of her students. I would say that's pretty much solid. Or maybe I'm having trouble interpreting what exactly your trying to put across.
Maybe. My point was that Kreia only admits this when the Exile calls her lie. This happens a lot, actually, usually if the player passes a [Wisdom] or [Awareness] check (oh, Obsidian...you never cease to amaze; those were probably the best addition to K2 next to Kreia and the Hawk scenes ).

Anyway, where was I? Right. The Exile asks Kreia about Atris. Kreia then says that she "walked her path". The Exile questions her about it, forcing Kreia to admit that she was exiled because the Council didn't approve of her teachings (though she still doesn't admit that it was her fault). Different scenario than when she claims that Kae was exiled because of her child; in this case, Kreia knows that the Exile doesn't know a thing about Kae, because Kreia's the one to bring up the name. So there's no way the Exile can call Kreia on her lie.


JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2008, 02:33 AM   #124
Blix
Veteran
 
Blix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Aboard the Ravager
Posts: 866
Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_shot_the_jedi
I found it odd when searching through the most recent topic pages that there was no thread such as this (and I apologize if there is and I missed it...). So, here it is: what do you believe is Kreia's true identity?

There has been a great amount of discussion - much of it, I am sure, on these forums - over whether Kreia was indeed the fabled Jedi Master Arren Kae, mentioned briefly in Knights of the Old Republic II, and mother of the Handmaiden. On the little information we have to go on, the possibility is indeed quite likely - though not particularly strong.

Another popular theory is that Kreia is instead the similarly named Krynda Draay from the new comics. As they share numerous similarities, supporters of the theory believe that the story arc will conclude with the revelation that the two women are in fact the same person. However, this possibility is based on circumstantial evidence only, and nothing concrete linking the two has yet been revealed.


Krynda... possibly?

Or... has Kreia just always been Kreia, with only the one alter-ego: that of Darth Traya?

I am eager to hear your views.
While I don't know for certain if Kreia is in fact Arren Kae, I do know that-that pic is a fake. This one from wookiepedia shows the actual undhooded version of Kreia.


Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2008, 02:36 AM   #125
Jolly Boots
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarter426
Ah, but what does Kreia think? She hates Visas, and uses the term "the Miraluka" as if it's an insult. Maybe Mr Miller is going to explain that too. But I doubt it.
I thought she hated her because she was a pathetic excuse for a Sith. That and the whole connection to Nihilus, one the guys she wants to kill. Seems to be a lot more then just a Miraluka thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarter426
Anyway, where was I? Right. The Exile asks Kreia about Atris. Kreia then says that she "walked her path". The Exile questions her about it, forcing Kreia to admit that she was exiled because the Council didn't approve of her teachings (though she still doesn't admit that it was her fault). Different scenario than when she claims that Kae was exiled because of her child; in this case, Kreia knows that the Exile doesn't know a thing about Kae, because Kreia's the one to bring up the name. So there's no way the Exile can call Kreia on her lie.
Ah I see what your saying. And it would make sense since love and attachments at the time weren't banned as of yet considering the whole Nomi Sunrider, Andur, Ulic thing just forty years before and how Jolee says he wasn't supposed to get married. Which I believe JJM might be fixing that little screw up on Biowares part - and then continued by Avellone. See? Not all bad.

Anyway. I can't really make the connection there since it seems so far distant from each other and so unrelated to each other and seems circumstantial.
Jolly Boots is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2008, 02:46 AM   #126
JCarter426
Senior Member
 
JCarter426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Look to your left.
Posts: 1,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Boots
And it would make sense since love and attachments at the time weren't banned as of yet considering the whole Nomi Sunrider, Andur, Ulic thing just forty years before and how Jolee says he wasn't supposed to get married. Which I believe JJM might be fixing that little screw up on Biowares part - and then continued by Avellone. See? Not all bad.
Actually, the comics have it that marriage and conception are frowned upon, but the Draays are an exception because they're rich and powerful (because Mr Miller always has to make a political statement ).

Oh, and a different set of KOTOR comics already retconned the whole thing. Duron Qel-Droma's relationship with Whatserface was discouraged, and it led to both of their deaths (or some such), a good deal before K1. As for Ulic and Nomi, the implication is that their relationship led to the no attachments rule in the first place. And as for Jolee and Nayama, if I recall correctly, the Jedi were more upset that he trained her than they were when he married her. So marriage was frowned upon, but not forbidden. Fornication is another matter, though.


JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2008, 09:05 AM   #127
i_shot_the_jedi
Rookie
 
i_shot_the_jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: UK / USA
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Sharrak
While I don't know for certain if Kreia is in fact Arren Kae, I do know that-that pic is a fake. This one from wookiepedia shows the actual undhooded version of Kreia.
Yes, I'm glad that you noticed that! The image is in fact a combination of the Krynda and Kreia images, hence the caption "Krynda... possibly?"


Great minds discuss ideas.
Average minds discuss events.
Shallow minds discuss people.
Which are you?
i_shot_the_jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Kreia's true identity

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:03 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.