lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Mission Vao problem
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-23-2008, 01:36 PM   #1
LynyrdSkynyrd38
Lurker

Mission Vao problem

After I had been running around the Undercity and The Sewers for hours trying to figure out where to find Mission Vao I decided to give in and find a walkthrough for some help. That told me she was supposed to be right at the front gate of the Undercity the first time I went through. She wasnt and the sith patrol was there for me and now I'm stuck and cant find her and move on it the story. I've talked to her in the cantina before so its not that I havent met her. Am I missing something or is there another way to move on?
LynyrdSkynyrd38 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-23-2008, 04:21 PM   #2
Mace MacLeod
Food-based rocker

Current Game: World of Warcraft
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Hmm. A couple of thoughts:

1) Have you fully updated the game? Original release was a bit of a roach motel.

2) Reload earlier savegame from before you touch down in the slum area.

If Mission isn't showing up, that's some weird bug. She should be right there when you leave the undercity slum to explore the area just outside the gate.

Be considerate to others or I will bite your torso and give you a disease!
Mace MacLeod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2008, 01:25 PM   #3
LynyrdSkynyrd38
Lurker

I have the best of pc version I think I read that they are already updated so that only got me an error. So I re installed it and now Im making my way through again hoping it works because I cant find anything about this bug and I dont know what else to do. Thanks for the advice.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:57 PM   #4
Mace MacLeod
Food-based rocker

Current Game: World of Warcraft
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
No problem. I wouldn't have thought reinstalling was necessary, but if you've done it, you've done it. It bears repeating though: Save often and in different slots. If it's your first playthrough, maybe save every half hour or every time you enter an new area so that you don't waste hours if some bug like that crops up (and they will on occasion).

Good luck, and congratulations on purchasing not only the best Star Wars game ever made, but the best Star Wars anything since Return of the Jedi.

Be considerate to others or I will bite your torso and give you a disease!
Mace MacLeod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2008, 04:28 PM   #5
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Well, as I recall, after you go through the gate and kill the rakghoul, Mission should approach you regardless of whether you go to the left or right of the gate. If she doesn't coming running up to you as soon as you start to move in either direction, then there probably is a bug. Still have a copy of KOTOR on the machine, though it's not currently updated.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2008, 03:43 AM   #6
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Do you have an mods?

If so, do you have a tar04_mission.utc file in your override folder?

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2008, 11:47 AM   #7
LynyrdSkynyrd38
Lurker

This is my first play through although the beginning has gotten redundant from trying to get mission to show it is still a fun game and hopefully I'll be able to finish it. I haven't gotten to the undercity yet since I reinstalled but maybe I'll have time later today. I don't have any mods so I don't think that has anything to do with it.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Padawan's Lounge > Mission Vao problem