lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: 90SK's SUPER Content Mod
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-24-2008, 10:50 PM   #1
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
Thumbs up [TSL] 90SK Content Modifications [WIP]

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...tent_Mod;89554

My channel on KotOR2-Files

90SK/CaptainSkye: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...tainSkye;21930

This is my pet mod that adds robes and armors in cascading quantity to integrative KotOR II. It is primarily designed to be a standalone mod, as is completely compatible with vanilla base K2.

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/8...tsuper0zt0.jpg

It's fully compatible with the TSLRP. Just make sure the TSLRP's appearance.2da file is in Override, and not in the Override/TSLRP folder. I've put pretty detailed instructions in the readme on how to install the mod. You need Svosh's collar fix too: I've provided links to that.

Last edited by 90SK; 08-08-2011 at 02:58 AM.
90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2008, 11:20 PM   #2
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Why is it I have a feeling this going to be nearly as sexy and good looking as Kristin Kreuk?

EDIT: For those who don't know who she is; http://z.about.com/d/tvdramas/1/0/D/...-kriskreuk.jpg

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran

Last edited by jonathan7; 04-24-2008 at 11:42 PM.
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2008, 11:33 PM   #3
JD-Rom
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7
Why is it I have a feeling this going to be nearly as sexy and good looking as Kristin Kreuk?
[searches name on Wikipedia]
[gets no image]
[searches name on Google Image Search]
[succeeds]

...Damn. So true, so true...This mod is gonna ROCK! Hopefully, this will be remembered long enough to be nominated (and hopefully win) as SWK's 2008 Mod of The Year!
JD-Rom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2008, 02:03 AM   #4
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
It's now up! Excellent job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2008, 04:28 AM   #5
JD-Rom
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
It's now up! Excellent job.
HOORAY!

15th person to download this...
Old 04-25-2008, 07:45 AM   #6
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Ha, excellent! Downloading it right now! Good job, 90SK.
Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2008, 10:55 AM   #7
Master Niewiedzial
Rookie

Current Game: JK II JO
This is not good, it is not great, it is not excellent, it is not perfect, THIS IS FABOULUS! The best piece of work you've ever made!

Turn to the light, the dark side may have cookies but we have PIE!!!
Master Niewiedzial is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2008, 10:03 PM   #8
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
I think this calls for a radio quote from a commercial:
"You don't know what stupid is! It's about to get all stupid up in here!"
Err...
>_>
Still, nice job, 90! *Giant Thumbs up!*
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2008, 05:48 PM   #9
90SK
Universal Figment

Wheee! 300+ downloads!

I'm glad you guys like the mod! If you have any questions about errors or how I did something or even if you want a feature removed, be sure to e-mail me.

By the way, I'm afraid about TSLRP compatibility I might've missed something. See, I edit the Dantooine enclave sublevel onenter script (to spawn the new containers). BUT I think the TSLRP does that too. The file isn't in the TSLRP folder, but it might've been included in one of the modules. I need double-check to make sure that module isn't included in that mod... and I'm pretty sure it is, since Kaevee is down there now.

It's not a BIG deal... it's a little frustrating, because I didn't want to have to release a patch for the mod, but it gives me an opportunity to add more content I guess, so it's not a big deal.

I'll ask you guys this though: when the TSLRP comes out, and if I do need to do more to make the mod compatible, should I release a patch, or rerelease the mod?

Old 04-27-2008, 02:40 AM   #10
Ghost Down

I would rerelease the mod, because patches can become confusing for some users

Ghost Down is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2008, 02:57 AM   #11
Xarwarz
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Excellent work nice mod

USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD
TSL-O.T.E.--MODELS ON MOD DB......
Show spoiler

OTHER
Show spoiler
Xarwarz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2008, 03:17 AM   #12
memarik

Current Game: Elder Scrolls IV
totally asome !!!!!!

EDIT: SORRY FORGOT THE SMILES

Mandalorian Mod Revival -
http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=196617

Team Mandalore -
http://mandaloretheshadow.webs.com/index.htm

"You listen to Cassus Fett, and your son's sons will have nothing to do—because you'll have conquered everything!"
―Cassus Fett to Gormer
memarik is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2008, 08:55 AM   #13
JD-Rom
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90SK
I'll ask you guys this though: when the TSLRP comes out, and if I do need to do more to make the mod compatible, should I release a patch, or rerelease the mod?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Down
I would rerelease the mod, because patches can become confusing for some users
Or you could do both, seeing as how some of us don't really like the fact that we might have to download ANOTHER 49 Megabyte file. Rerelease the mod with the updates and and release just the patch with said updates as well. You could even add a rather large note with the patch saying that "YOU DON'T NEED THIS PATCH IF YOU DOWNLOADED MY RERELEASED MOD! NOW STOP BOTHERING ME YOU DARN KIDS! *grumbles*"
Old 04-27-2008, 11:32 AM   #14
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
"Get off my lawn! crazy kids.."

Anyways...
Why don't we just use the TSLPatcher for the TSLRP Patch?
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2008, 11:13 PM   #15
90SK
Universal Figment

I don't think I'd need to. The only conceivable issue I can foresee is a script conflict. Namely in the Dantooine Enclave sublevel, with the onenter script. ...Such a friggin lousy small little thing. I mean, I couldn't've included it in the mod: the TSLRP version does new things with the onenter script that would screw up a normal game.

There might be a way out. If I can plead with Dashus to append an "O" at the beginning of the onenter script for that module, and then put it in the Override install files, I can just ask someone at filefront to edit the description of the mod and say "If you want it to be TSLRP compatible, delete this file from the 90SK filder" and then they'd delete MY version of the onenter script (which is the original, with an appended "O" on it... hence why Dashus would append an "O" on the new one: it's kinda hard to explain why, so just bear with me).

Ummmmmmmmmmm. He'd never go for that though. They're refusing to go out of their way for making the TSLRP compatible with mods. If they did it for me, they'd have to do it for everyone. UURGH. Well, maybe I'll ask anyway. I need to determine if it's even an issue first, actually. But I bet it is.

OH. By the way:

Wheeeeee! I'm so proud of my baby!

Old 04-28-2008, 05:59 AM   #16
encinodude
Rookie

Looks fantastic, just like the Metastasis version. You're some kind of machine. But since I'm using this in conjunction with a whole lot of other mods I don't want to disrupt a delicate balance by installing this too. I'm using everything from the Metastasis version but the robes, as I prefer oldflash's Final Touch skins at the end of the day. Did you do the voice acting for the Onderon merchant or reuse existing clips? It actually sounds professional.

Something to note: In the Metastasis version, I had to delete all the new .utcs for all the Neo-Crusaders involved in the battle circle fights and reload a save before I entered the Mandalorian Ruins. I discovered that Davrel's new .utc was preventing the duel scripts from firing and I killed him (and could loot his body to top it off) instead of the match being ended before I landed the deathblow. Upon his death the Sergeant treated it as though the match was still going on. What do those new .utcs even do? I deleted them all and they didn't seem to change a thing.

Anyhow, excellent, excellent work on the whole. I don't find the new female heavy armors to be all that bad. They're loads better than the originals, for sure.
encinodude is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-28-2008, 10:33 AM   #17
90SK
Universal Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by encinodude
Something to note: In the Metastasis version, I had to delete all the new .utcs for all the Neo-Crusaders involved in the battle circle fights and reload a save before I entered the Mandalorian Ruins. I discovered that Davrel's new .utc was preventing the duel scripts from firing and I killed him (and could loot his body to top it off) instead of the match being ended before I landed the deathblow. Upon his death the Sergeant treated it as though the match was still going on. What do those new .utcs even do? I deleted them all and they didn't seem to change a thing.

Yes, I noticed that too during my playthrough. The UTCs change the appearance of the mandalorians from normal to the modded ones included in the mod. I'm glad you were able to figure out how to fix that issue: I wasn't sure what was causing it.

Thanks for the praise, though! I really do appreciate it. This mod is a culmination of years of tinkering, and I'm really proud with how it came out. The voiceovers are mine, yes. They're heavily edited so the quality is better. I used Goldwave, which is a free program, and gsccc's tutorial on voice recording and setting up VO's.

Just a word of caution, I'd be careful with the Metastasis mod. There's a lot of issues with it: I really didn't test it at all. Aside from the mandalorians, everything in the Metastasis mod is in this new mod, so I'd recommend just using the new one and uninstalling the old one, if you can.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:25 PM   #18
encinodude
Rookie

You've got a knack for writing. Usually when I download a mod that edits dialogue files/item descriptions I'll go through them myself and rewrite them extensively because I'm real anal about sloppy writing, typos and all that. I didn't even have to touch yours. I wouldn't have been able to stand playing through USM, for instance, without editing it because most of the writing was filled with typos, grammatical errors and just plain sloppiness. A lot of people probably don't care about these things when they download a mod, but it meant a lot to me as a player that you made a real effort in that area.

I seriously did not notice a difference between your Mandalorians and the default Mandalorians after I reloaded. Maybe I just wasn't observant enough, or the difference wasn't big enough, or it could be something to do with the fact that I may or may not be using T7nowhere's Shiny Mandalorians mod (it's hard to kept track anymore, with maybe a hundred mods installed...).

As for updating Metastasis to SUPER, I think it's out of the question at this point. I've played through half the game with only one incident (the battle circle Mandalorians). I've edited so many UTIs (descriptions, stats) and have so many different mods installed I'm afraid updating your mod may overwrite stuff, mess things up. I think I should be fine. I already deleted the g_mandalorian files (can't remember exactly what they were called), and that seemed to be the most significant issue with Metastasis, according to what I've gathered from speaking with other users of your mod.

Yeah, it's pretty amazing how after four, five years, with games that aren't widely played anymore, mods for them still come out on a daily basis.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:25 AM   #19
JediAthos

Current Game: Defiance
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I don't know if someone has already asked this, but would this be compatible with DStoney's M4-78 mod?

"You'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

JediAthos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-01-2008, 03:36 AM   #20
DarthRevan243
Banned

I think so. Is it 90SK?
DarthRevan243 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-01-2008, 10:41 AM   #21
encinodude
Rookie

I'm using the droid planet mod so I sure hope it is.

Captain Skye, I've encountered the worst possible bug in the Metastasis version. The merchant on Onderon doesn't show. Tragic, because he was the character the mod adds I was most looking forward to meeting. I tried bringing over all the scripts and .utc/.utp files from the SUPER version, but no dice when I reloaded before the Merchant Quarter. He definitely doesn't spawn. There's no way I could miss someone who looks like that. What are all the files are associated with him? I may have missed something. Or maybe it's not even a bug with the Metastasis version. I'm crossing my fingers that it is and not some terrible conflict with another mod...

I can't wait any longer, so I'm going to carry on playing the game and improvise by reload ing an old save if it is indeed a bug with the mod. Reload the save and talk to the merchant. Then reload the current game, add the items to my inventory and deduct the credits spent with KotORTool and pretend like he went away to another unknown planet.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:56 AM   #22
90SK
Universal Figment

The merchant is spawned by the Vaklu/Tobin conversation. You need to trigger that in order for him to show up.

Did you have the mod installed the first time you entered that area where he's supposed to be? I can't imagine any other reason why he wouldn't show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrevan243
I think so. Is it 90SK?
I'll have to check. If the M4-78 edits the Korriban sith academy onenter script, than there will be some conflicts (but it's just a matter of deleting the onenter script I included with my mod from the 90SK folder, that would clear it up). That's the only one I can think of, at any rate.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:25 PM   #23
encinodude
Rookie

My bad then. I haven't had the Vaklu/Tobin conversation yet. I haven't even come to the point where I talk to Vaklu personally yet. Hell, I haven't even met Vaklu. Good, it just means I expected the cool merchant guy to turn up way too early. I can continue playing in peace now.

Last edited by encinodude; 05-01-2008 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Vaklu, I meant
Old 05-01-2008, 05:08 PM   #24
DarthStoney
To bed. I'm old and tired

Contest winner - Modding Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90SK
I'll have to check. If the M4-78 edits the Korriban sith academy onenter script, than there will be some conflicts (but it's just a matter of deleting the onenter script I included with my mod from the 90SK folder, that would clear it up). That's the only one I can think of, at any rate.
I can save you some time ,the onenter for Korriban sith academy is not edited for the M478 mod.

DarthStoney is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2008, 05:03 AM   #25
Ghost Down

Would you be interested into doing something similair for K1?

Ghost Down is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2008, 10:33 AM   #26
90SK
Universal Figment

The thing about that is, this mod is years worth of fiddling and editing and adding stuff. I'm not sure I could make a mod like this for K1 only because it would take too long, and I don't know if I'd be skilled enough (I can't remember how to do a lot of the stuff I did with this mod), and on top of that all I really don't have much time.

I won't stop making mods for K1, but I don't think I'll do something of this scope.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:06 AM   #27
dcinroc
Rookie

Great work on the mod! I really enjoy it thus far.

However, I have a problem (I think)...many of the robe models are coming out as Darth Bandon armor. I also have the Jedi Robes TSL 1.1 mod installed (which is where the Darth Bandon armor comes from).

I assume it is a problem with merging the appearance.2da files. I just used the installer rather than merging the files with KOTOR...any ideas on how to fix this?

I love the new armor textures (though I think your medium armors are a bit stingy on the Max Dex bonuses), and am disappointed that I can't see some of your new robes (unless u intended them to all look like Darth Bandon, hehe).

Specifically, I have encountered this problem with the Dark Jedi Knight robe and the Echani Duelling Cowl (plus a few others that I can't think of). The Dark Jedi Master Robe seems fine though.
dcinroc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-14-2008, 08:45 PM   #28
MasterWaffle
Rookie

Uhh, you've obviously been busy!

Awesome, Awesome, AWESOME work! So very awesome.

MasterWaffle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2008, 08:12 AM   #29
HaveFallen
Rookie

Arr stupid Jorran Glitch!!!

Hey All,

Ok, I am super tired and frustrated because I have spent about 5 hours trying to remedy this. I think I am the first to have this, because it doesn't seem to be in any forums or faqs, or...Google!

Whenever I save Jorran from the enclave and try to talk to him in the Salvager's camp, he starts to talk as if I haven't saved him yet and asks for help, after I talk to him and he "opens the door" the screen goes black then it goes back to my character. When I try to talk to him again, nothing happens, no Dialogue or anything. I have loaded a lot, and even tried Dantooine all over again.

Please help, I want my lightsaber parts and Sulruu's Vaporator thing.
HaveFallen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2008, 10:34 AM   #30
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Had this myself as well...

Did you have any mods installed?

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2008, 04:00 AM   #31
HaveFallen
Rookie

Yeah, I do actually, are they the cause of the problems?

EDIT: Well, I seemed to have fixed the problem, it was from the 90SK's Ultimate Robe Pack. I deleted jorran.dlg and it's all fine now. I feel stupid for wasting all those hours and the problem was a mod. ahhh.

Thanks though

Last edited by HaveFallen; 05-17-2008 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Fixed
HaveFallen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2008, 08:37 AM   #32
dcinroc
Rookie

I noticed that after installing this mod, my violet saber crystal is now pink. I prefer the violet.

Anyone know which files I should remove/change to get my violet sabers back?
dcinroc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2008, 08:59 PM   #33
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Merged thread "Arr stupid Jorran glitch!!" with this thread (posts 29-31).

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2008, 05:06 AM   #34
kata_mad
Rookie

Hi, could someone help me, due to a lot of mods in my override I want to be more select with the models I put into my override does anybody know what files are associated with the jedi robes shown here:

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...s/File/89554/2 as I think that these would look really good as a replacement for the defualt clothing.

Last edited by kata_mad; 05-26-2008 at 05:43 AM.
kata_mad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2008, 12:44 PM   #35
90SK
Universal Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveFallen View Post
Yeah, I do actually, are they the cause of the problems?

EDIT: Well, I seemed to have fixed the problem, it was from the 90SK's Ultimate Robe Pack. I deleted jorran.dlg and it's all fine now. I feel stupid for wasting all those hours and the problem was a mod. ahhh.

Thanks though
Sorry you had to experience that issue. I mentioned it in the comments section of that mod, but a lot of people don't read the comments and so they don't delete the file and thus get the problem.

Old 06-02-2008, 03:02 PM   #36
ElecManEXE
Rookie

Does this include the stuff in your Ultimate Robe Pack, or is that still seperate? Says there's robes in it, but doesn't mention if they're the same ones from URP or if you made even more.

Great looking stuff, anyway. Only seen screens so far, gathering up mods for a new TSL playthrough, but even in screens it all looks nice.
ElecManEXE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2008, 04:45 PM   #37
90SK
Universal Figment

Yes, it includes the robes from the other pack, minus some of the bugs.

Last edited by 90SK; 06-07-2008 at 12:16 PM.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:05 AM   #38
FireWarrior

What does this mod do with Dantooine? I'm asking because I' having problems on this planet first time around and it's the only mod I have installed that changes anything here. Essentially, when I get to the Jedi Enclave and run around, Gerevika dn his thugs show up at the entrance, however Gerevik himself is bugged. During combat, he registers as attackable (can queue attack and so on on him), but his targetting rectangle is the standard green/blue as opposed to red. His thugs work just fine, but the second Gerevik himself takes any form of damage, the game crashes. Only mods I have are the Slender Bodies for females and this one. Never experienced this bug before on unmodded games, had no serious bugs beyond this so far.
I tried posting in the support section, but the only help I got from there was "go ask in the mod topic" and something about KSE (which I don't see it might help me).

I've tried to reload both savegames prior to Dant and to Jedi Enclave with no effect, reinstalling the game and everything in between.
Only thing that has allowed me to continue is to dump my companions far away from the action, go solo and simply run through the group and leave the enclave. Unfortunately it crashes near-instantly if I re-enter so it doesn't seem like the best way to go about it.

I'm hoping it's fixable since the idea of starting all over again really isn't all that nice.
FireWarrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2008, 12:15 PM   #39
90SK
Universal Figment

That's strange; it sounds like something that this mod might do since I DID edit his UTI file (I didn't do anything to stuff other than his inventory), but I've tested that point in the game without problems.

What other mods do you have installed?

Old 06-07-2008, 12:26 PM   #40
FireWarrior

Slender bodies and a few test runs with handmaiden-style underwear for females (looks utterly hilarious when combined with the slender bodies mod), pretty sure I got rid of all the changes handmaiden-underwear mod do, but I suppose some files might still be there.
FireWarrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > 90SK's SUPER Content Mod