lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: 90SK's SUPER Content Mod
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-07-2008, 01:06 PM   #41
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
Hmm. I think it has something to do with the screwed up 2da file in the slender bodies mod. See about removing it and reinstalling my mod, and then going back to an earlier save game and replaying the sublevel.

If the problem persists, remove my mod and try the sublevel again.

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2008, 02:09 PM   #42
FireWarrior

Already tried it, removed all mods and reinstalled them from scratch, found a non-messed up 2da for slender bodies. Will try again though.

EDIT: Fixed, dunno why it didn't work before, probably had something to do with the order in which I did things. Will have to either cook up a solution for the slender bodies mod or, more likely, just go without it. Not like it has much gameplay difference anyway. Gerevik was using the same model as the thugs, as opposed to being human so I guess there's some weird conflict going on there, dunno.

Last edited by FireWarrior; 06-07-2008 at 02:35 PM.
FireWarrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2008, 02:40 PM   #43
90SK
Universal Figment

Ungh. I don't know what to tell you: like I said, when I tried it while testing the mod it worked fine.

Old 06-10-2008, 02:04 PM   #44
ElecManEXE
Rookie

I've run into the same problem as the guy above, but with a different enemy. My Gerevick was perfectly fine, but I'm now in the Trayus Academy on Malachor V and running into the problem with an NPC. Specifically, the ones named "Dark Jedi". They appear as green instead of red like a normal enemy but are still attackable, and the second they take any bit of damage the game crashes. That includes area force powers and the like, though if the power does no damage (Insanity) its fine.

The worst part is that it seems to be making them invisible as well. I thought it was the Sith Commando's causing the crash at first, but then I noticed as I was sneaking through the room (figured if I couldn't attack them I'd just go by and move on) that my targetting reticule was locking on an invisible Dark Jedi in the middle of the room. Not stealth field invisible, just plain not there.

There were none of the NPC's in the first part of the academy, but there seem to be a bunch in the "Prison" map (the one you enter going left when the path brances). One in the first square room where you first find Sith Commando's, another in the long windowed area, and then one in the first room of the Trayus Academy as you exit the prison.

I'm using a number of mods. USM, High Level Force Powers, and Improved AI are the big ones, the rest are minor item property changes.

There some sort of error report in my KOTOR2 folder that I didn't notice before. It's titled AR_ERROR and says "Names Differ: N_DarkJLowF pfbjm". Sounds like it might be related.

Awesome mod, by the way. Lots more variety and some really cool looking stuff. And this is the only problem I've had through the entire playthrough (besides Vrook for some reason not using his lightsaber when I fought him, but that seems like it'd be USM at fault).

One question, though. The High Council robe, I think it is, lists 2 +2 Dexterity stats. Is it supposed to be that way?

Last edited by ElecManEXE; 06-10-2008 at 02:18 PM.
ElecManEXE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2008, 03:31 PM   #45
90SK
Universal Figment

I dunno, I guess so. If it lists it twice, it shouldn't affect the game adversely.

And as for the invisible dark jedi, I can't think of anything that would cause that error aside from maybe some kind of mod conflict. Unlike the Dantooine part, I didn't really go to the Trayus Academy at all to test, but then again there's really nothing that should be wrong there. Like, I just can't think of anything I did that would cause this issue... I've never encountered something like this before.

Perhaps someone with more experience can shed some light on what's going on. In the meantime, could you list out which mods you have installed?

Old 06-11-2008, 02:03 PM   #46
ElecManEXE
Rookie

Conflict of some sort probably, yah. Can't even say for sure if its this mod at fault, but since someone else had a similar problem, I figured it was the best possibility. Maybe you edited the NPC to use a new robe?

Anyway, here's the list. I think this is all of them.

USM
High Level Force Powers (2.1)
Improved AI
Oldflash's Saber Hilts
Oldflash's Double Saber Hilts
Oldflash's Short Saber Hilts
Realistic Visual Effects
Movie Style Dark Side Transitions
Prologue, Peragus, and Harbinger Corrections
A simple mod of my own that gives all Droid side weapons unlimited charges
Compilation of Team Gizka fixes
Your Super Mod, of course

The obvious possible conflict is the USM and saber hilts, but they actually work perfectly together. The saber hilt mods change the default hilts (a new hilt for each color) while USM adds all new stuff. So any default sabers I get are changed to Oldflash's, and I can still get the USM stuff normally.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:34 PM   #47
ElecManEXE
Rookie

I think I may have found a possible cause to my above issue.

When I'm in the equip screen and I so much as click on a Jedi Tunic while changing the equipment of a male character, the game crashes immedietly. Females seem to work fine, I can actually equip them and everything. But even clicking on the Tunic for a male, instant crash.

If the Dark Jedi in the Academy are wearing a Jedi Tunic (or a variation using the same model), then that might explain why they're screwed up. I've seen female Dark Jedi appear fine, but never a male, so...

Can a conflict actually screw up something like that, or is there possibly a bug?
Old 06-23-2008, 12:55 PM   #48
90SK
Universal Figment

It's frustrating because I'm no longer familiar with components of this mod, I'm having trouble placing which thing is which that you're talking about.

Some of the tunics in the game require appearance.2da edits and stuff to work. If you installed my super mod last out of all of those, I don't know what's going on. But if you installed it before, say, USM, try installing it again and then see if the issue still persists. Also, try clearing your override folder, testing to see if the issue is still there in game (it might still stick even if the mods are uninstalled), and then JUST install the super mod and see if the issue is still there. That'll rule out mod conflict.

It might be just a glitch with the mod, though I can't imagine that I'd've missed something that big.

Old 06-23-2008, 02:49 PM   #49
ElecManEXE
Rookie

Running the installer again didn't help. Still crashes.

As for trying for a "clean" install with just your mod... my savegames won't even load like that. Crashes halfway through loading.

I did, however, start up a new game and added a Jedi Tunic to my inventory using KSE, and my male character can equip it just fine.

I then went on to install USM. New character can still wear the tunic no problems. My old (bugged) save game will actually load now as well, but the problem with the tunic still persists, so I guess whatever bug/conflict is there is stuck on my old saves.

In any case, I'm going to use my new savegame and add mods one by one to see if I can figure out which one is causing the problem. I'll let you know what I find.

Edit: Ok. Well, I ran quite a few tests on both the issue of the tunic, and the issue of the buggy Dark Jedi.

For the Tunic issue... disregard it entirely. I jumped the gun on that one.

I thought I remembered having a crash when Atton equiped a tunic a few days ago, but I guess I wasn't remembering right. Tried it on Atton, equiped just fine, only crashes for my male Exile.

So it got me curious. The brand new savegame I was testing with had just some random head, but in my current playthrough I'm using Shem's Playable Dopak. Created another new game with Shem's Dopak as the exile, KSE'd myself a Tunic, instant crash when trying to equip.

shem changes the "underwear" and the default clothing appearence when you have a "Clothing" item equiped for his characters, and maybe some other stuff, so I guess there's probably a conflict there. Either that or the entry is considered "new" and thus doesn't get the correct edit to allow the tunic to work. But in any case, I doubt its related to my other problem any more. Good to know that the Tunic's don't play well with those kinds of changes, though.

The Dark Jedi issue is still present and as bothersome as ever, though. I've narrowed it down a lot, though. I got to Malachor on another save today, so I took care to make a save just before entering a problem module so I could test. I did the following...

~ Every single mod except your Super Mod installed. No problems, Dark Jedi appear as normal. They're wearing some kind of robes, I assume Dark Jedi Robes but I can't be sure just by looking. I believe they're the only enemies wearing Robes throughout the academy, at least off the top of my head.
~ Added your mod last on the top of the previous test. Invisible Dark Jedi, crash on attack.
~ Clean Override, minimal mods. Just USM (the save won't even load without it), and your Super Mod. Invisible Dark Jedi, crash on attack.

So the issue is either a conflict with USM, or its a bug in the mod itself. I'm leaning towards the later. A bit odd that no one's reported anything similar, but still.

I checked overlapping files, and the only files that are shared by both USM and the Super Content mod are tr_enter.ncs, k_mus_treasure.ncs, and k_503_enter.ncs. I'm certainly no modder, but none of those sound like they'd cause a conflict with enemies.

I'd try to figure out the problem myself, but I wouldn't even know where to start. The KOTOR files are confusing as all hell to me >.>

Last edited by RedHawke; 06-24-2008 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Combined DP...
Old 06-23-2008, 08:30 PM   #50
90SK
Universal Figment

Hmm. It must be a problem with my mod, though I can't for the life of me figure out what'd be causing it.

You wanna move this to PM's? That might be easier, we can work it out that way. I really want to get to the bottom of what's causing the issue for you because if it's a universal problem with the mod I'll need to release a patch.

Old 07-01-2008, 04:27 AM   #51
MichiK
Lurker

Zow, I am having the same Invisible Dark Jedi crash problem on Malachor V ... frustrating!!!!
MichiK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2008, 01:25 PM   #52
90SK
Universal Figment

Delete a_robe_14.uti from your override. That seemed to clear the problem up for ElecManEXE, so it might work for you too.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:57 PM   #53
theklone
Lurker

Hello everyone, I am a first time poster, although I have downloaded many mods. I'm also not a modder, but a player of Mods..lol. I just wanted to say great mod here. I have had a few of the problems listed above but managed to work through them. (I ran out of sublevels, instead of fighting Gerevik...lol) I am using it with The Holowan plugin and USM...It really makes for a great combo...right up until I am picking the group to go to the Sith temple on Dxun....after picking it will not load. Not sure why....It could just be that my computer is sick of playing this game over and over..lol. Just thought I would give you a heads up. Cheers everyone, thanks for all the hard work, us players love you modders..heh heh heh.
theklone is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2008, 07:50 AM   #54
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theklone View Post

Hello everyone, I am a first time poster, although I have downloaded many mods. I'm also not a modder, but a player of Mods..lol. I just wanted to say great mod here. I have had a few of the problems listed above but managed to work through them. (I ran out of sublevels, instead of fighting Gerevik...lol) I am using it with The Holowan plugin and USM...It really makes for a great combo...right up until I am picking the group to go to the Sith temple on Dxun....after picking it will not load. Not sure why....It could just be that my computer is sick of playing this game over and over..lol. Just thought I would give you a heads up. Cheers everyone, thanks for all the hard work, us players love you modders..heh heh heh.
There can be a number of problems for that. One that I think may be the cause of this is the fact the TSL for PC can't handle staying in one module (or rather, one area) without going to a different one. Like if you stay on the Sublevel on Dantooine for 30 mins+ without going back up to the surface, or warping to another place.
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-03-2008, 02:24 PM   #55
5th_horseman
Rookie

Robe fixes?

Where can I the get Robe fixes you said are needed, the URL's in the read-me keep crashing. In fact large part of the site seems to be corrupted.
5th_horseman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-03-2008, 02:30 PM   #56
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
I have those.

PM me your email and i'l get them them to you.

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2008, 08:16 AM   #57
Leben
Rookie

I haven't seen a problem, and from other comments it seems okay, but this mod doesn't interfere with the USM or the Droid Planet, does it? I haven't seen a post saying anything about problems between them, except the problem Elecman had, but as a whole there aren't any conflicts with those two?
Leben is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2008, 04:53 AM   #58
totallyclueless
Rookie

I have had the game crash on me when I tried to equip some of the tunics and armors. Is that normal?
totallyclueless is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2008, 05:33 PM   #59
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by totallyclueless View Post
I have had the game crash on me when I tried to equip some of the tunics and armors. Is that normal?
1) Did you install svösh's robe fix like the readme said to do?

2) Do you have any other mods in your override? (other then the robe fix)
Old 11-09-2008, 05:47 PM   #60
totallyclueless
Rookie

yes and yes. it is likely that one of the other mods is conflicting yes?
totallyclueless is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2008, 05:51 PM   #61
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by totallyclueless View Post
yes and yes. it is likely that one of the other mods is conflicting yes?
Possibly. Can you give us a list of mods that you have in your Override?
Old 12-22-2008, 08:59 AM   #62
DarthFroggling
Lurker

Current Game: KotOR & KotOR TSL
This is soo totaly awesome
DarthFroggling is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2008, 04:54 PM   #63
Darth Kelvazu
Lurker

Issues installing a mod

I did not know exactly where to post this since I can't really find threads of people having mod installation issues.

Anyway, I downloaded my first mod a few minutes ago and extracted it to a folder(the mod is 90SK's Ultimate Robe Pack). It has a patcher so from what I heard, installing this mod should be a breeze...well I came to a roadblock after hitting the install button.

It began adding all these files into the override folder and was nearly complete until a notice popped up saying , "unable to locate file to patch, 'appearance.2da' file not found! (GEN-9)'"

So again, this is my first ever mod that I have downloaded and the first mod to install, anyone know why this is happening?

P.S I pmed 90SK yesterday about this and I havent received a reply so I decided to ask you guys in case anyone had the answer.

Moved to TUCE release thread. The reason you haven't found any threads in Holowan is problems with mods are posted in their release thread - Sounds like the problem is the TSLpatcher has been set up in patch format, so it needs the appearance.2da already in the Override, follow Star Admiral's instructions and you should be fine! -- j7

Last edited by jonathan7; 12-30-2008 at 08:34 PM.
Darth Kelvazu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2008, 07:06 PM   #64
Star Admiral
N7 Commando

Current Game: Mass Effect 2
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! 
Try extracting the appearance.2da file from the game and copying it into your Override folder before installing the mod.

To do so, open up KOTOR tools, expand the tree named Kotor II, then bifs, then 2da.bif, then 2D Array. Select appearance.2da and then hit Extract file. Save it into your Override folder and restart the installation of the Ultimate Robe Pack.

Hope it works.

- Star Admiral
Star Admiral is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2008, 09:33 PM   #65
Darth Kelvazu
Lurker

Thnx Star Admiral, the detailed response helped me(total nub) get the mod installed. Hope your here when another issue arises for me
Darth Kelvazu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2009, 02:07 AM   #66
Ganden
Rookie

Does this mod change anything in the battle cutscene on Dantooine, involving the mercs and militia?

For an unknown reason I'm crashing when that movie is supposed to load...

Ganden is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2009, 07:28 AM   #67
memarik

Current Game: Elder Scrolls IV
do you have other mods in your game maeby some of them dont go whit this one?

Mandalorian Mod Revival -
http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=196617

Team Mandalore -
http://mandaloretheshadow.webs.com/index.htm

"You listen to Cassus Fett, and your son's sons will have nothing to do—because you'll have conquered everything!"
―Cassus Fett to Gormer
memarik is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2009, 04:47 AM   #68
Ganden
Rookie

*shrugs*

I bypassed it by disabling movies but I really couldn't see anything that would affect it. But then I'm not too sure what to look for unless it's an actual movie file. If it's anything else in the override folder, I wouldn't have an idea.

Ganden is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2009, 06:12 PM   #69
grim667
Rookie

Where cam we download this md now that filefront is down?

Note to all posters please cease these kinds of posts... read the stuck threads before posting. Thanks. -RH

Last edited by RedHawke; 03-31-2009 at 01:54 AM.
grim667 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2009, 06:42 PM   #70
Giant Graffiti
Custom User Title

^^^

Filefront. The link still works.
Giant Graffiti is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-05-2009, 10:49 AM   #71
Virk
Lurker

Heya,

I'm reinstalling TSL and have a bunch of mods I want to use. I'm currently going through them to check for potential conflicts. Surprisingly, there are very few that are not addressed by their authors either by TSLpatcher installation, mod patches, or load order instructions.

I've found that, consistent with ElecmanEXE's previous post, USM and this mod share tr_enter.ncs, k_mus_treasure.ncs, and k_503_enter.ncs. I am wondering if versions for this mod that go into the /override/90SK folder conflict with the USM versions in /override. I don't really know how the game handles multiple versions of the same file under /override. Does it search down the directory tree and choose the last one it finds? Or are the files in /override/90SK called when needed for 90SK's changes, and the versions in /override called when needed by USM?

This is fantastic work 90SK. Your thirst for excellence is admirable, and I'm grateful that you are sharing your work with the rest of us. Thanks!

Cheers, Virk

Last edited by Virk; 08-05-2009 at 02:16 PM.
Virk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-18-2009, 10:05 PM   #72
VeganHipster
Rookie

I was wondering if the robes in this mod are all of the robes you made previously (The Ultimate Robe Pack and the K1 Robes for TSL packs). If not, are those robe packs compatible with this mod (as in I could download those two robe packs, and then find robes from all 3 mods in game) ?I love all the robes you make 90sk, keep up the good work

Edit: Nvm, I guess I didn't look at the pictures thoroughly :/

Sorry for bumping the topic :/
VeganHipster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2009, 05:15 PM   #73
90SK
Universal Figment

I'm here for a while, if you have questions or REQUESTS FOR RESKINS, PM ME WITH QUESTIONS WHILE YOU CAN. I'd be more than happy to update my mods for you.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:21 AM   #74
Gatherum
Rookie

Small issue:

I get that this is a very extensive content mod, but what all of 90SK's mods does it include? I know that it includes the Metastasis mod, as well as his G0-T0 and HK-47 reskins, and quite a few robe and armour reskins among other things, but there are multiple mods by 90SK that I want to install, such as the Ultimate Robe Pack. However, I don't want to install the Ultimate Robe Pack if it is included in this mod already, much less if it's incompatible.

Would it be safer to assume that the SUPER Content Mod includes everything, or just about everything, that 90SK released prior?
Gatherum is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2010, 06:58 PM   #75
mrmandudeguy
Lurker

i can NOT wait to install this tomorrow!
interested query: would this mod work with these two mods
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...72772x#1075859 (<--lightsaber hilts)
and
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...CommentsResult (<-- combt suit revisited) i intend to download and install these ones(and m4-78 but i read that it works) but am a total novice when it comes to modding so if there are conflicts with those two then knowing in advance would help me alot. but if they do conflict then oh well i know which one of the three ima do. COUGH THIS COUGH. ya this looks sick. im excited
mrmandudeguy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2010, 11:42 PM   #76
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
mrmandudeguy: you have the best username evar.

I am pretty sure you should be able to use all three of the mods together, especially if you use the latest version of Canderis' mod. I might be wrong though, depends on whether 90SK's mod replaces the same flight suit that C's does.

The lightsaber hilts in OldFlash's mod are far superior to the ones you will find (if there are any?) in SK's... OldFlash is the man, is still the man, very few that can do that level of work

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2011, 03:02 PM   #77
90SK
Universal Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatherum View Post
Small issue:

I get that this is a very extensive content mod, but what all of 90SK's mods does it include? I know that it includes the Metastasis mod, as well as his G0-T0 and HK-47 reskins, and quite a few robe and armour reskins among other things, but there are multiple mods by 90SK that I want to install, such as the Ultimate Robe Pack. However, I don't want to install the Ultimate Robe Pack if it is included in this mod already, much less if it's incompatible.

Would it be safer to assume that the SUPER Content Mod includes everything, or just about everything, that 90SK released prior?
Correct. This mod was made to sort of be the end-all be-all of the 90SK mod projects. I'm a stickler for quality and seamless game integration, and I didn't want any of my previous work to be wasted so I made sure everything I'd done prior was worked in to this one.

Also, since I'm not really actively modding computer games these days, I love knowing that the work I did here is under safe hands with all you. I'm still contactable through filefront if there are questions about compatibility and updating and troubleshooting, but just to make it clear: I'm not a reliable source for information in terms of this but I'm still very interested in keeping the mod current.

@Qui-Gon Glenn: Agreed, and no, no hilts in this one so they should be compatible (correct me on that if they aren't).

Old 05-25-2011, 12:20 PM   #78
MandaloreCayn
Lurker

Current Game: KotOR2
May I ask if this is RCM compatible?
MandaloreCayn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2011, 03:17 PM   #79
bendarby24
Rookie

Current Game: fable
NOOOOOOOOOO it is really not !!!!!!!!! im worning you dont install it with RCM i was testing it for RCM and it doesent it destroys the game !
bendarby24 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2011, 12:09 AM   #80
90SK
Universal Figment

My mod's installation runs TSLPatcher for the 90SK subfolder within override (containing all the mods files and info) and for the appearance.2da edits (to that file, in the main override directory, in whatever form it was in prior). That means that if you're installing this mod after other appearance.2da oriented modification have already been installed, those modifications to that file may conflict with the procedure my mod requires in order to run. :/

The way I play it, the TSLRCM and my "super content mod" and dstoney's M4-78 mod are the only ones, and it seems to work perfectly find though I don't know if that's remain as such since i've only just gotten off of Peragus. But what I'm getting at is, mixing them shouldn't destroy the game.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > 90SK's SUPER Content Mod