lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: components and making items
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-02-2008, 11:11 PM   #1
x82nd
Rookie

components and making items

I am looking to play through the game again and as I did some research there was conflicting opinions on this question....

Can you use your companions skills (computer, repair, security) to not only get more components on break downs but make better items for cheaper in the skill categories?
x82nd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2008, 11:26 PM   #2
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

If I understand your question correctly then, yes, you can use your party members (NPC) for breaking down components and making items for cheaper, but only on workbenches and labstations present on the planets, not on the Ebon Hawk. I'm pretty sure only your PC can use the tables on the Ebon Hawk.
Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-03-2008, 03:16 PM   #3
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Yes and no. Number of components you get for breaking down items is dependent upon your PC's repair skill (and you don't get any additional components past 20 skill points).

However, item creation is dependent upon the person using the bench. So while it doesn't matter which party member is breaking items into components, it does matter which party member is using components to make items.

I hope that answers the question.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-04-2008, 01:42 AM   #4
Gothic90
Rookie

Actually, I think breaking down depends on PC's skills, except when the PC is currently not in the party. For example, Mira/Hanharr in Visquis's compound, HK factory mod, etc.
Gothic90 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-04-2008, 04:22 AM   #5
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Correct. Good catch!

Tee-three on Goto's yacht is another good one.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > components and making items