lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Two blades or double-bladed?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-13-2008, 08:41 PM   #41
bally3000
Rookie

Current Game: Mass Effect trilogy (again :3)
i only resently figured out i can change the dufficulty so i have always been playing it on meduim, so i kinda found the game hard at first but i got the use of it know =] and have for a few years lol. but my first play through used a single blade and i kept dying, but i might try it again now i have more experiance. i think to blades isn't very jedi, but that might be because its not in the film lol! i use double =D

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

The rule of two -
One to embody the power,
And,
One to crave it
bally3000 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2008, 09:13 PM   #42
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Current Game: KOTOR III
Why are two blades getting such a bad rep?

I think they are the most formidable of the three there are. The saberstaff is most difficult to use because it doesn't provide the leverage of a real staff. The twin sabers don't provide the leverage of two hands on one saber, but allows for a defensive and offensive saber... increasing reliability and ability over one. If a saberstaff can be broken apart, then...
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2008, 09:54 PM   #43
Corinthian
Banned

You're using real-world physics to talk about Star Wars, Yuthura. Bit of an issue there.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2008, 09:57 PM   #44
Da_man
CHEATER (Apparently)

Current Game: Team Fortress 2
Threr's always an issue when you try and bring Star Wars into the real world. Thats why there are no real lightsabers.

Da_man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2008, 10:07 PM   #45
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Well the real world physics are what the lightsaber revolves around in the SW universe. If it doesn't look possible, then doesn't it look fake on the screen? Would you watch it if the special effects were terrible? If the lightsaber battles didn't follow physics?
Old 08-13-2008, 10:28 PM   #46
Corinthian
Banned

They DON'T follow physics. They're using precognition, telekinesis, telepathy, electrokinesis, and Lord knows what else, and the Lightsaber makes even less sense - the only explanation that makes any sense whatsoever is it being a plasma chainsaw contained within a magnetic barrier. I really don't care about the Laws of Physics when I'm being entertained, though.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:32 PM   #47
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Well I'm sure you would be more interested in a fight that follows real physics than one that doesn't conform to any skill of any real martial art. I don't see why people judge SW fights w/out knowing anything about them. (or the real thing)
Old 08-14-2008, 12:32 AM   #48
Burnseyy
Forumite

I don't think it depends on the actual sabers, it depends on your class and your feats/skills.
Obviously if you don't have the right ones, that particular saber isn't suited to you.
If it was a thread about 'coolness' it'd be the double saber. If it was a thread about 'which is more star warsy' people would pick single saber.

if its just saying which is the best, then it's biased, depending on what you prefered in the game, not what's true. Really, there is no 'best', it depends on the person. Isn't that how the saying goes? "An artist doesn't blame his tools."

"If God is a DJ, then life is a dance floor, love is the rhythm and you are the music."

Burnseyy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2008, 06:29 AM   #49
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian View Post
They DON'T follow physics. They're using precognition, telekinesis, telepathy, electrokinesis, and Lord knows what else, and the Lightsaber makes even less sense - the only explanation that makes any sense whatsoever is it being a plasma chainsaw contained within a magnetic barrier. I really don't care about the Laws of Physics when I'm being entertained, though.
Don't forget that the lightsaber blade itself is completely weightless, making even less sense in regard to real-world physics.

Really, it's just better to completely disregard physics, and all science when watching Sci-Fi films. You'll actually enjoy it that way.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2008, 07:23 AM   #50
bally3000
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnseyy View Post
if its just saying which is the best, then it's biased, depending on what you prefered in the game, not what's true. Really, there is no 'best', it depends on the person. Isn't that how the saying goes? "An artist doesn't blame his tools."
i was about to say that ^^ but i was gonna word it different.

i also agree with Darth_ yuthara that i would ejoy a agame more if it used real lif phisiscs but i also enjoy that unrealistic slant of it where theres alot of real time in it but then i caracter does freakishly huge jump and attacks them =D

oh and by the way i didn't mean to make it out like i disliked the 2 blades as such because they were my first proper play through blades an i would never change that

The Force shall free me.

The rule of two -
One to embody the power,
And,
One to crave it
Old 08-14-2008, 08:18 AM   #51
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I think that it's worth mentioning again that single-bladed sabers have double the base critical threat range of double-bladed ones (19-20 vs. 20-20), which is why I prefer to use two singles instead of a double. They double the chance of a critical hit.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2008, 10:50 AM   #52
Corinthian
Banned

Now, see, what we need to get in KotoR is Keen and Improved Critical so I can use a Lightscythe and take Jedi Weapon Master to get a 15-20 x5 critical hit.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:53 AM   #53
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Now, see, what we need to get in KotoR is Keen and Improved Critical so I can use a Lightscythe and take Jedi Weapon Master to get a 15-20 x5 critical hit.
If you get that, I want 'light-chucks'

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2008, 11:22 AM   #54
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
We already have most of that already. The nextor(K1&2), velmorite(?)(K2) and Ankarres sapphire(K2) crystals as well as a couple of the lenses available in K2 all have the Keen property, and the Critical Strike feat tree is the same as Improved Critical but with three levels instead of one or two. The only thing missing is the x5 damage bonus because it's stuck at x2. But I'm sure that you already knew all of that.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2008, 11:25 AM   #55
Corinthian
Banned

Nunchaku aren't that good. 1d6 damage, x2 criticals with no extended range, and +2 to Disarm Checks, and you have to be either a Monk or take Exotic Weapon Proficiency. Better off using a Lightwhip, really. Worse damage, but you get a free feat and it's got range.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:42 AM   #56
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor_Kaine View Post
If you get that, I want 'light-chucks'
hehehe.. every time I hear "light-chucks" this pic comes to mind

As far as topic.. I tend to play either single balde.. or dual wield.

Never been a huge fan of the double-bladed saber.. well, except one

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2008, 03:06 PM   #57
bally3000
Rookie

me like that blade =] i wish u could get it in the game =[ but i do enjoy dual wielding blades i just prefer double a bit more

The Force shall free me.

The rule of two -
One to embody the power,
And,
One to crave it
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Two blades or double-bladed?