lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: If Revan & Exile were to appear in 3: Idea
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-19-2008, 12:02 PM   #41
Non-false Jedi
Rookie

Because obviously that wasn't the true conflict.
Non-false Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2008, 10:53 PM   #42
Iron Rose
Rookie

Killing both Revan and the Exile off before the game even starts would be disapointing. I'm not against killing them off, I'd just like to see it when it happens.
Iron Rose is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2008, 11:02 PM   #43
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
You may learn that Revan and Exile fought. Revan's canon refers to a Jedi male, and Exile's canon refers to a Sith female. Either they had a love interest, and one of them killed the other. One became a Sith Lord, and the other became the apprentice. Or, they both became Jedi, fought against the threat in the Unknown Regions, and then died in the process.

R.I.P. to 'The Source' and 'MacCorp'
2004-2008
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2008, 12:41 AM   #44
Lord Iommi
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Source View Post
You may learn that Revan and Exile fought. Revan's canon refers to a Jedi male, and Exile's canon refers to a Sith female. Either they had a love interest, and one of them killed the other. One became a Sith Lord, and the other became the apprentice. Or, they both became Jedi, fought against the threat in the Unknown Regions, and then died in the process.
I thought the canon ending in Kotor2 was Exile=Female/LS, not DS.

It says that on wookiepedia, at least.

But I think it would serve the story better if they just flat out tell you that Revan was male and returned to the light, and that the Exile was female and was Light side as well. It could be cool if played as either Revan or the Exile again maybe right at the beginning. You start off with an epic battle against the True Sith Lord as either one, or both in the party. This True Sith is so powerful that he/she drains both characters of their powers and nearly kills them(or kills one, captures one maybe?). You somehow escape and start off relearning force powers(not entirely, maybe you start off with very little powers, or at least already have the force unlocked).

You return to the known universe meet up Carth and the Republic and inform them that the True Sith lord could not be defeated etc. and he's planning on destroying/conquering the galaxy.

I dunno, just thinking out loud.
Lord Iommi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2008, 10:53 AM   #45
Non-false Jedi
Rookie

I think that cannon should be completly irrevevant to their appearances in a third game. Whatever they pick will be disspointing to the maority of and AND chooisng differences in them will add replay value.
Non-false Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2008, 01:22 PM   #46
JCarter426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Iommi View Post
I thought the canon ending in Kotor2 was Exile=Female/LS, not DS.

It says that on wookiepedia, at least.
Exactly--it says it on Wookieepedia.

According to Mr Chee, there is no canon ending of K2 just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non-false Jedi View Post
I think that cannon should be completly irrevevant to their appearances in a third game. Whatever they pick will be disspointing to the maority of and AND chooisng differences in them will add replay value.
In any case, yes, I think they should hold off on canonizing K2 until after K3. And it appears they think so as well.

JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2008, 01:36 PM   #47
Miles Edgeworth
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarter426 View Post
Exactly--it says it on Wookieepedia.
What do want them to say, "There is no canon ending to this game so we can't say anything about it"?

"Don't tell me what I can't do!" -John Locke
"No terminal can match my l33t hax0r skillz!" -Scorch
Miles Edgeworth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2008, 02:19 PM   #48
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
One should note that the post which Cart used as "evidence" is dated βefore the Exile's gender was determined.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2008, 02:38 PM   #49
JCarter426

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
One should note that the post which Cart used as "evidence" is dated βefore the Exile's gender was determined.
Bah, that must be the wrong link. Let me find the right one...

http://forums.starwars.com/thread.js...583&start=1005

There we go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Edgeworth View Post
What do want them to say, "There is no canon ending to this game so we can't say anything about it"?
Yes.

Really, the game ends the same no matter which side you pick. There was no need for them to splatter light side options all over the article.

JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2013, 10:29 PM   #50
The Lord of Chaos
Rookie

It's necro time! I just wanted to point out an obvious flaw in the thinking that the masked idea wouldn't have worked for light side players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
For me, neither makes much sense.

Why would Revan want to be remembered of his past self that much? Wearing that robe again would be the best way to have that.

As for the Exile, that was an idea related to the speculation regarding him/her and Nihilus being the same person. Again, that would only make sense if he/she was set as darksided.
Does anyone really think two people would have taken on a whole army? I don't think so. The best way to beat the true Sith would have been to infiltrate one of their factions and instigate a civil war from within. I think that's what Revan ended up trying to do, by teaming up with Scourge.

So light side Revan and Exile would also have been wearing the mask and robes. If you don't agree with that, then how do you propose how Revan was fighting the Sith all that time? I just hate how the canon Revan was portrayed in the MMO.

Instead of that, we could have had a masked Revan and Exile (wearing the mask of Nihilus, as Avellone said he intended him to be the Exile's other half) fighting the true Sith. The player could have selected Revan and the Exile's gender and alignment and the game could have taken place a few years after TSL, not 300 years later. Way to go Drew, way to go BioWare. Oh well, what's done is done.
The Lord of Chaos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > If Revan & Exile were to appear in 3: Idea