lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Most appropriate planet order?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-10-2008, 06:01 AM   #1
HaveFallen
Rookie

Most appropriate planet order?

Hey all,

I just started my first game with this and i"m heading for Telos on the Ebon Hawk.

Before I to my first planet out of my own will, what planet should it be? And what should be after and etc. I would really love it to be canon but I doubt that since I can't find any info.

Thanks in advance.
HaveFallen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2008, 06:06 AM   #2
Kilppari
Rookie

I usually play in this order:

Nar Shaddaa
Dantooine
Onderon
Korriban
Onderon revisited
The end game

I don't know is this canon, but I like to play it in this order. Whatever planet you choose to be first, remember to visit Dantooine early on. There is nice cave for lightsaber crystals!
Kilppari is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2008, 06:28 AM   #3
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

Current Game: many
I did that order on my last go around, since I recently installed Dark Apprentice mod.

A nice song, fits them perfectly.
The Mandalorians - The Chosen Ones
Wedge Suron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2008, 07:10 AM   #4
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveFallen
Before I to my first planet out of my own will, what planet should it be? And what should be after and etc. I would really love it to be canon but I doubt that since I can't find any info.
I usually do:

Dantooine (get the crystal, and Disciple if not having Handmaiden)
Nar Shaddaa
Dantooine (the rest of it)
Dxun/Onderon
Korriban
Dxun/Onderon revisited
Dantooine - Railroad to the End

I don't think there is any "canon" way of doing it, since the sequence really doesn't make much difference for the story overall. It's mostly up to the player's choice and how early you want to get certain party members, a lightsaber, your special crystal etc.

stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2008, 07:49 AM   #5
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilppari
Nar Shaddaa
Dantooine
Onderon
Korriban
Onderon revisited
The end game
Just change Onderon for Dantooine and that'll be my order.

But as Stoffe said, there's no particular canon or right path. The game is balanced so that the enemies will always put a fair fight.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2008, 08:10 AM   #6
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

Unless you have items that make you nearly invincable.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:39 AM   #7
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
I did a poll based on this topic on KotorFiles from February 22, to February 29. Here you can see what people commonly like to do!

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef..._Results;37502

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2008, 01:08 PM   #8
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

I chose the 2nd most popular option from that poll: Nar Shadaa, Dxun/Onderron, Dantooine, Korriban

I think you can choose to go Dxun/Onderron revisited before the last planet choice, but I did it after. It just made more sense in my head to do it that way.

I chose my order based on a recommendation from the Prima Official Game Guide.
Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2008, 01:12 PM   #9
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
I always went Nar Shaddaa, Dxun, Korriban, Onderon, and Dantooine. I also didn't waste any time going back to Onderon, since it is, after all, urgent.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2008, 01:19 PM   #10
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Currently doing it like in post #9. This way you seem to have everyone (if male) for at least half the remaining planets. Stoffe's order if female Exile.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2008, 01:22 PM   #11
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Yeah I played male during my play-through, but I might change the order for the next one since I'm going female this time.

Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2008, 02:50 PM   #12
JCarter426

I prefer NS, Dan, Dx/Ond, Kor, Dx/Ond as well. Nar Shaddaa first because you get Mira/Hanharr, HK, and G0-T0 once you're finished, and an added bonus is that you can make Atton a Jedi halfway through, and Mira a Jedi once you get her. Then Dantooine in order to get the crystal and Disciple if Exile is female (you can make him a Jedi right away as well). Then Dxun/Onderon, with Korriban in between the two parts.

But it doesn't make much of a difference. It's really a matter of preference. The only thing I'd advise against is going to Korriban first, since you can't enter the cave until level 15.

JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2008, 02:56 PM   #13
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
^^^
That is almost exactly the way I play through, except that I always stop by Dantooine just long enough to pick up my personal crystal before going to Nar Shaddaa.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2008, 08:18 PM   #14
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
To the rest of you: Do you always do the planets in the same order, no matter what? I ask this because if I do the planets "out of order", I feel like I did something wrong and need to start over.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2008, 09:36 PM   #15
DarthAve
Yeezy

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
I most always do this: Dantooeen, Nar Shaddaa, Dxun/Onderon, Korriban.

Nar Shaddaa is second only because I find G0T0's warship a pain in the Djibouti if you're comerads(and yourself) have no expierence. (Or at least a lightsaber among them.)
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2008, 10:16 PM   #16
Melly

I prefer to go to Dantooine, Dxun/Onderon Part I, Nar Shaddaa, Dxun/Onderon Part II, Korriban, mostly for roleplay reasons.

Dantooine is first because my PC, Isan, always considered it home, and she hasn't seen it in almost ten years. Then we do Dxun next because it never made sense to me that Colonel Tobin would be firing on the Ebon Hawk, and identifying the ship as the Ebon Hawk, if you've already been to Nar Shaddaa and changed the transponder code/ID signature (not to mention all the bounty hunters you meet on Onderon). Then we go to Nar Shaddaa, and Korriban last because I play LS and I can't imagine Isan wanting to take her newly trained Padawan's to that dark side hell, without a little more preparation.

"They may not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me you are. It's not the sort of thing you just stop being. You're stuck with it. Just like you're stuck being the General."
~Bao-Dur, The Sith Lords
Melly is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2008, 12:48 AM   #17
Gothic90
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melly
I prefer to go to Dantooine, Dxun/Onderon Part I, Nar Shaddaa, Dxun/Onderon Part II, Korriban, mostly for roleplay reasons.

Dantooine is first because my PC, Isan, always considered it home, and she hasn't seen it in almost ten years. Then we do Dxun next because it never made sense to me that Colonel Tobin would be firing on the Ebon Hawk, and identifying the ship as the Ebon Hawk, if you've already been to Nar Shaddaa and changed the transponder code/ID signature (not to mention all the bounty hunters you meet on Onderon). Then we go to Nar Shaddaa, and Korriban last because I play LS and I can't imagine Isan wanting to take her newly trained Padawan's to that dark side hell, without a little more preparation.
Actually...Dxun/Onderon part II is the true dark side hell. Your companions would actually walk into a Sith Lord's tomb without your guidence.

My path is a bit strange...
Nar Shaddaa, Dxun/Onderon, Dantooine, Dxun/Onderon again, Korriban
Gothic90 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2008, 01:13 AM   #18
HaveFallen
Rookie

Ahh thanks everyone, I know it's your own preference and stuff but I would rather follow what others have. And Thanks Shem, that poll helped.
HaveFallen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2008, 06:36 AM   #19
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

Quote:
I don't know is this canon, but I like to play it in this order. Whatever planet you choose to be first, remember to visit Dantooine early on. There is nice cave for lightsaber crystals!
I might have a canon first planet, but it could also just be a bug.

I encountered a bug once and talked to the Zhug on Goto's yacht. - Mod Bug - That mentions the Zhugs on Dxun - Which probably is a bug since I hadn't done Dxun yet -. Which means that maybe you should go to Dxun first. It would be logical too, since you don't have to go back to planets for the Mandalorians.

Don't believe it happened? Look at my POTD here.

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...01691x#1551444

Old 05-19-2008, 07:08 AM   #20
JCarter426

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001
To the rest of you: Do you always do the planets in the same order, no matter what? I ask this because if I do the planets "out of order", I feel like I did something wrong and need to start over.
Yeah, I always do it in the same order. With K1 I switched the order of Kashyyyk and Tatooine after a couple of playthroughs, but I've done it the same way ever since. K2's order I haven't changed at all. I might try doing it in order of module number next time (Nar Shaddaa, Dxun/Onderorn, Dantooine, Korriban) just to try something different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Scorpius
I encountered a bug once and talked to the Zhug on Goto's yacht. - Mod Bug - That mentions the Zhugs on Dxun - Which probably is a bug since I hadn't done Dxun yet -. Which means that maybe you should go to Dxun first. It would be logical too, since you don't have to go back to planets for the Mandalorians.
Well, I believe those dialogue options were cut, and it was just one line (something like "Didn't I meet your DEAD brothers on Dxun?"). Whereas if you do Nar Shaddaa first, you get some nice dialogue on Dxun if you have Mira, and I believe Hanharr has a bit of dialogue during the whole beast escape sequence on Onderon. Though I've heard that Obsidian originally planned for Nar Shaddaa to be part of the endgame sequence. I guess they cut this early on, since there are a few global quests that wouldn't make sense if Nar Shaddaa were last. Plus, what's the point of getting two new party members on the final planet?

Quote:
Then we do Dxun next because it never made sense to me that Colonel Tobin would be firing on the Ebon Hawk, and identifying the ship as the Ebon Hawk, if you've already been to Nar Shaddaa and changed the transponder code/ID signature (not to mention all the bounty hunters you meet on Onderon).
I always assumed that Tobin was able to spot it the good ol' low-tech way. The ship has a pretty unique look, so one wouldn't need to know its ID signature if they had a good enough description, and we already know that at least two of the Exile's enemies know what it looks like (Atris and Sion). And we know that Tobin was allied with Nihilus, who was allied with Sion. So the colonel could have gotten its description that way, or, the Hawk's description was one of the things that Atris broadcast all over the galaxy, along with the Exile's name and appearance (oh, and the fact that she'd lost the Force). Or both.

Or maybe I'm just overthinking things.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:36 AM   #21
Gothic90
Rookie

Quote:
I usually play in this order:
On one hand, cave on dantooine supplies lightsaber crystals, visiting it early can get your personal crystal and some other crystals to increase your power.

On the other hand, the quality of the trophys you get increases as you become higher in level. Visiting it late means you can get better crystals. So either way it is good.
Gothic90 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2008, 09:34 AM   #22
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
My order tends to be;

Dantooine; Most logical place to go if you are looking for Jedi...

Onderon/Dxun; Having fought there in the Mandalorian Wars my Exile wants to confront a few Ghosts from his past;

Korriban; Having met with Sith on Onderon, my Exile decides to take the fight to the Sith and heads for their home world.

Nah Shadaa; Last location of the known Jedi Master, here last as had no reason to head there earlier.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2008, 11:19 AM   #23
JCarter426

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7
Nah Shadaa; Last location of the known Jedi Master, here last as had no reason to head there earlier.
...except for Atton's constant urge to hit the Red Sector. Hey, he's flying the ship, so he probably gets some say in where the ship goes. Oh, wait, T3 has control over the navicomputer, and T3 hates Atton. So Nar Shaddaa would be last, wouldn't it?

But seriously...there actually was a good reason to go to Nar Shaddaa first...before it was cut; the False Batu quest was supposed to end with the player finding out that the base of the GenoHaradan was on Nar Shaddaa, and I'm sure the Exile would be interested in stopping a cult of Jedi-killers who had their sights on her.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:24 PM   #24
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
As an ex-Jedi that has just gotten his/her force power back, Nah Shaddaa offers a place to lay low and get your bearings. You also know by then that bounty hunters are on the exiles trail and Nah Shaddaa, with its criminal element, offers a logical place to starting finding out why.

To me, Nah Shadaa is the most logical first planet. While Dantoonie is the most logical place to find a Jedi, the Exile’s lack of abilities and force powers means it is the most logical place to be the Exiles demise. After all, wouldn’t bounty hunters and the Sith also assume that Dantoonie is the most logical place to find the Exile.

Not heading to Korriban, a Sith planet, till Exile is better prepared.
Quote:
Onderon/Dxun; Having fought there in the Mandalorian Wars my Exile wants to confront a few Ghosts from his past;
Totally agree, but again is the Exile prepared to face his/her past so soon. The Mandalorian Wars cost the Exile his/her force ability. Would he/she be willing to risk that ability so soon knowing what was at stake?

The population of the planet of Nah Shaddaa offers a better chance to hide among the masses. The planets criminal element means that people don’t ask a lot of question. If they do they end of dead. Many small ships coming and going provides cover for the Ebon Hawk to land unnoticed. Merchants offer the ability to upgrade equipment. Atton suggested Nah Shaddaa and the Exile’s first impression of Atton should be that he is a survivor.

My Preferred order is:
Nar Shaddaa
Datoonie
Dxun/Onderon
Korriban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe
Dantooine (get the crystal, and Disciple if not having Handmaiden)
If I had to take Disciple, Datoonie would be my last planet visited, but thanks to a unnamed kind and talented human being among us that created Handmaiden Choice Mod, I can do Datoonie 2nd.

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2008, 12:35 PM   #25
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

I do think this definatly comes down to *your* Exile's Charachter, mine's a fighter and not a runner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarter426
...except for Atton's constant urge to hit the Red Sector. Hey, he's flying the ship, so he probably gets some say in where the ship goes. Oh, wait, T3 has control over the navicomputer, and T3 hates Atton. So Nar Shaddaa would be last, wouldn't it?

But seriously...there actually was a good reason to go to Nar Shaddaa first...before it was cut; the False Batu quest was supposed to end with the player finding out that the base of the GenoHaradan was on Nar Shaddaa, and I'm sure the Exile would be interested in stopping a cult of Jedi-killers who had their sights on her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimartin
As an ex-Jedi that has just gotten his/her force power back, Nah Shaddaa offers a place to lay low and get your bearings. You also know by then that bounty hunters are on the exiles trail and Nah Shaddaa, with its criminal element, offers a logical place to starting finding out why.

To me, Nah Shadaa is the most logical first planet. While Dantoonie is the most logical place to find a Jedi, the Exile’s lack of abilities and force powers means it is the most logical place to be the Exiles demise. After all, wouldn’t bounty hunters and the Sith also assume that Dantoonie is the most logical place to find the Exile.
Oh, I don't disagree, in many respects Nah Shadaa is the most logical planet to go to first, however I did say MY Exile As such he would hit Dantooine first; the academy he was trained at, and reminds him of his homeworld of Alderaan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimartin
Totally agree, but again is the Exile prepared to face his/her past so soon. The Mandalorian Wars cost the Exile his/her force ability. Would he/she be willing to risk that ability so soon knowing what was at stake?
My Exile, would, would yours; only you can answer.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
Old 05-19-2008, 12:47 PM   #26
JCarter426

Quote:
I do think this definatly comes down to *your* Exile's Charachter, mine's a fighter and not a runner.

[...]

Oh, I don't disagree, in many respects Nah Shadaa is the most logical planet to go to first, however I did say MY Exile As such he would hit Dantooine first; the academy he was trained at, and reminds him of his homeworld of Alderaan.
Point taken. Actually, my Exile IS a runner, but my Exile wouldn't pick that planet order; that's the order that I pick, mostly due to game mechanics.

My Exile would do Dantooine, Korriban, Nar Shaddaa, and then Dxun/Onderon. Dantooine and Korriban come early on because the Exile is searching for Jedi and Sith archives for any information as to how she lost the Force, how she got it back, and how to get rid of the bond with Kreia, while trying to hide from the Sith, Exchange, and GenoHaradan. After Korriban she decides to stop running and start fighting, at which point she heads to Nar Shaddaa to find Zez-Kai Ell and take down the Exchange and Genoharadan. Then it's off to Onderon to find Kavar; this planet comes last because my Exile isn't quite prepared to face Dxun again, though after the vision on Korriban she is.

Anyway, like you said, it depends on whose Exile we're talking about.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:52 PM   #27
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Quote:
Thats the joy of RPG's and is always interesting to hear the different routes different people take their charachters in

Quote:
Point taken. Actually, my Exile IS a runner, but my Exile wouldn't pick that planet order; that's the order that I pick, mostly due to game mechanics.
Aye, unfortunatly that does come into things, I'll be interested to see with TSLRP if you can play Onderon/Dxun last.

Quote:
Indeed

Old 05-19-2008, 01:01 PM   #28
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
I would think every ones Exile in TSL was a fighter and not a runner. Some use brawn to run straight into danger and others use brains to maximize their lethal potential. All must fight in order to complete the task at hand.

Since the goal is not only to get the full potential out of the PC, but the NPC allies too. I find Nar Shaddaa a more suitable starting point in order to get the fiery little redhead bounty hunter. Same could be said for going to Datoonie first and getting Disciple, but I don’t want Disciple in my party. My Exile considers him a party pooper.

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2008, 01:03 PM   #29
JCarter426

Quote:
Aye, unfortunatly that does come into things, I'll be interested to see with TSLRP if you can play Onderon/Dxun last.
I think they're restoring the bit about having Nar Shaddaa enforced last...but I could be entirely wrong, since I have absolutely no involvement with the restoration whatsoever. Maybe someone who's played the beta could shed some light...

Come to think of it, I should try playing it in the order that my Exile would. I haven't actually done that. I've heard that doing Dxun/Onderon last is kind of funny, because as soon as you land on another planet you get a message from Kelborn, and one dialogue option is along the lines of "What do they want now? I just came from that rotting hell-hole!". Or, as someone else put it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorchy
...the Exile's line is to the effect of, "But like, I totally just left. Now you want me to come right back? Bogus!"

My Exile is apparently a surfer dude.

Old 05-19-2008, 01:08 PM   #30
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin
Since the goal is not only to get the full potential out of the PC, but the NPC allies too. I find Nar Shaddaa a more suitable starting point in order to get the fiery little redhead bounty hunter.
I was always gutted she wasn't a romance option, as she was to be frank the only one I would have been interested in romancing, c'est la vie.

Old 05-19-2008, 01:16 PM   #31
JCarter426

Indeed. That's the main reason I do Nar Shaddaa early; Mira has some great dialogue throghout the whole game, especially on Dxun. Canderous and G0-T0 (and Hanharr, probably...never actually used him) don't say much, and Canderous is central to the plot, so all of his good dialogue shows up when your party is gathered or you have to take him with you. Mical has a few words, though, but he's as dull as Bao-dur.

Old 05-19-2008, 05:05 PM   #32
Melly

Quote:
I always assumed that Tobin was able to spot it the good ol' low-tech way. The ship has a pretty unique look, so one wouldn't need to know its ID signature if they had a good enough description, and we already know that at least two of the Exile's enemies know what it looks like (Atris and Sion). And we know that Tobin was allied with Nihilus, who was allied with Sion. So the colonel could have gotten its description that way, or, the Hawk's description was one of the things that Atris broadcast all over the galaxy, along with the Exile's name and appearance (oh, and the fact that she'd lost the Force). Or both.

Or maybe I'm just overthinking things.
Okay, maybe. But it's a little stupid to have Kreia and Atton having their private "discussion" in the cockpit, after they crash on Dxun with Mira standing right there listening in. It just looks stupid. And honestly Mira's dialog on Dxun isn't all that great, IMO.

Same goes for when I play female characters and Mandalore's standing there while Mical and Kreia are talking about the "web of worlds that have died". I just looks stupid.

Quote:
Mical has a few words, though, but he's as dull as Bao-dur.
You know it's funny I've never found Mical and Bao-Dur to be boring, especially Bao-Dur when you have max influence with him. And he's fun to take along on Dxun/Onderon Part I and on Dantooine.

Anyway, I still like playing the planets in the order I mentioned earlier.

Quote:
I was always gutted she wasn't a romance option, as she was to be frank the only one I would have been interested in romancing, c'est la vie.
Always felt that way about Bao, myself. *sigh*

"They may not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me you are. It's not the sort of thing you just stop being. You're stuck with it. Just like you're stuck being the General."
~Bao-Dur, The Sith Lords
Old 05-19-2008, 08:35 PM   #33
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Quote:
You know it's funny I've never found Mical and Bao-Dur to be boring, especially Bao-Dur when you have max influence with him. And he's fun to take along on Dxun/Onderon Part I and on Dantooine.
I like Bao-Dur, purely as he's the only member of the party I'd trust, the rest have clouded pasts, and a few axes to grind. Only time I've played female I was DS, so didn't get too much out of the Disciple.

Quote:
Always felt that way about Bao, myself. *sigh*
It was an unspoken romance, full of tension

Old 05-20-2008, 08:09 AM   #34
JCarter426

Quote:
Okay, maybe. But it's a little stupid to have Kreia and Atton having their private "discussion" in the cockpit, after they crash on Dxun with Mira standing right there listening in. It just looks stupid.
That's happened to me before. Doesn't happen every time, though.

Quote:
And honestly Mira's dialog on Dxun isn't all that great, IMO.
Hey at least she has dialogue, unlike some people.

Old 05-20-2008, 03:00 PM   #35
Melly

Quote:
That's happened to me before. Doesn't happen every time, though.
Don't know what game you're playing because it's happened to me every single time.

Quote:
least she has dialogue, unlike some people.
Meaning Bao-Dur right? If that's the case, he does have dialog on Dxun and, unlike Mira, on Onderon, too. I was really disappointed the Mira didn't say boo on Onderon expect: "She's my bounty back off!" or something like that to the twi'lek bounty hunter.

~Bao-Dur, The Sith Lords
Old 05-20-2008, 03:31 PM   #36
JCarter426

Quote:
Don't know what game you're playing because it's happened to me every single time.
It's only happened to me once or twice. Usually my problem is that Kreia doesn't leave when she's supposed to (happens on the way to Telos too), because the shoddy AI gets stuck trying to turn around the corner.

Quote:
Meaning Bao-Dur right? If that's the case, he does have dialog on Dxun and, unlike Mira, on Onderon, too.
Well, everyone has some dialogue on Dxun (for instance, they all comment on what you decide to do with Whatshisface who got outsmarted by a cannok). Mira has more than most, though (the thing with the Zhug brothers, her advice about the mines that...well, wasn't really helpful, and a few other things...oh, and not to mention her "if they do a cargo search, we're in big trouble" comment ).

Quote:
I was really disappointed the Mira didn't say boo on Onderon expect: "She's my bounty back off!" or something like that to the twi'lek bounty hunter.
Yeah, I was disappointed too. Even G0-T0 speaks up a few times (to tell the hunters that the bounty is off...which doesn't really help in terms of XP and items--including a visa--and to screw around with the droid merchant's head).

Anyway, what were we talking about? Oh right...all this dialogue stuff proves that Nar Shaddaa definitely was not always intended as the final planet, since Obsidian had plenty of time to add all those Mira, G0-T0, and Hanharr reactions. (Well, Mira was originally intended to join on Peragus instead of Atton, but that was probably cut even earlier.)

Old 05-20-2008, 03:53 PM   #37
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
... I was really disappointed the Mira didn't say boo on Onderon expect: "She's my bounty back off!" or something like that to the twi'lek bounty hunter.
Well, she does have a few more lines than that. If you take the task of removing the three captains, she has a few lines (2 or 3); when you have to escape the cantina she cautions you about your weapons of choice; if you decide to encourage Ponlar, but hang back, she has a comment; she makes a comment or two when you're confronted by the twilek merc; she might even say something if you use the mind trick on the gaurds at the space port. On Dxun she makes the trail comment, the Zhuggs, about a mando body outside of a sealed cache, assorted comments in the tomb of Freedon Nadd and maybe some others I can't quote recall. Sometimes whether a party member makes a comment is dependent on who the other member is. That's unfortunate, but could probably be corrected if you want to edit dialogue files.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

Old 05-20-2008, 04:13 PM   #38
JCarter426

She about the three captains quest? Didn't know that. Also, I'd forgotten about the riot scene--everyone has comments there, I believe (and influence increase/decrease, too). Same with mind tricking the guards (happens every time you use mind trick...though for this one Canderous has some comment about how you should tell them to forget you were there, in addition to the usual stuff).

Oh, and you get a comment about which weapons to use in the cantina from everyone (from your non-Canderous party member). Though it doesn't make a difference if you actually use grenades, since you can't actually kill the non hostiles.

Oh, and there can't be any dialogue dependent on another party member on Onderon, because you have to take Canderous everywhere on that planet.

And Mira also has some gripes about running into Mandalorians (just one line), and I think she has some stuff to say before you enter the Mandalorian cache, but I might be wrong.

Old 05-20-2008, 05:08 PM   #39
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Quote:
She about the three captains quest? Didn't know that. Also, I'd forgotten about the riot scene--everyone has comments there, I believe (and influence increase/decrease, too). Same with mind tricking the guards (happens every time you use mind trick...though for this one Canderous has some comment about how you should tell them to forget you were there, in addition to the usual stuff).
Yeah, he does advise that before entering the city. As to everyone making a comment every time you use mind trick, I don't recall that being the case, but it does happen in a number of instances.

Quote:
Oh, and you get a comment about which weapons to use in the cantina from everyone (from your non-Canderous party member). Though it doesn't make a difference if you actually use grenades, since you can't actually kill the non hostiles.
True, but then all that paperwork....

Quote:
Oh, and there can't be any dialogue dependent on another party member on Onderon, because you have to take Canderous everywhere on that planet.
Here I was thinking more in a general sense (both KOTOR & TSL).

Quote:
And Mira also has some gripes about running into Mandalorians (just one line), and I think she has some stuff to say before you enter the Mandalorian cache, but I might be wrong.
Yeah, her or Kreia as I recall. Also, I think she fires off a comment about the dead scout near Kelborn. As to the Mando caches, she comments on the body at the smaller cache and after you use the explosives to enter the bigger one.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:29 AM   #40
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
For some reason I always got to Onderon last. My first play through was: Telos (of course), Korriban, Dantooine, Dxun, Nar Shadda, and Onderon.

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Most appropriate planet order?