lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Why Force Unleashed is not for PC
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-12-2008, 05:40 PM   #1
Jeff
Rating: Awesome
 
Jeff's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 8,431
Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Why Force Unleashed is not for PC

Finally, an official response. In an interview with the game's producer Cameron Suey, he spoke about why the game would not be playable on enough PCs so only a select few could play it. Check out the overview at Forceunleashed.net: http://www.forceunleashed.net/news/w...-is-not-on-pc/


Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2008, 05:49 PM   #2
tk102
Well past expiration date
 
tk102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,766
Current Game: Dragon Age: Origins
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron Suey
The PC being the gaming platform that it is, someone with a $4,000 high-end system would definitely be able to play the Euphoria, the DMM and really technical elements of the game. But someone with a low-end PC would have a watered down experience, they would have to turn all the settings down and it wouldn’t be the same game.
So how would that be any different from any other PC game? Really a weak excuse. Of course high-end PCs are going to provide a different gaming experience than an outdated PC. Just make the game experience equivalent to the best console and let the PC gamers catch up. It's what we always do. We're used to it. And unlike consoles, we can upgrade our rigs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron Suey
That said we’re definitely not out of the PC market. It’s just with our choice for this game, with the known quantity for the consoles, and every console is the same with the same processing power, it made sense for us to develop for those consoles.
Translation: we were already spread thin covering each console and when we crunched the numbers, the payback from developing a PC platform wasn't worth the investment.

Just say it like it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron Suey
That said we’re definitely not out of the PC market.
Throw me a bone...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron Suey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Videogamer
Might there be a PC version in the future?
No. And if there was no-one has told me about it yet!
Or not. Pfft.


tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2008, 05:53 PM   #3
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User
 
Ctrl Alt Del's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 3,814
Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
I agree with Teekay. If it would to be watered down on low-end PCs, then why not add the special levels or the duel mode of the Wii, for example?


Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2008, 01:16 AM   #4
Char Ell
Force Enlightened
 
Char Ell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 2,368
Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk102
So how would that be any different from any other PC game? Really a weak excuse. Of course high-end PCs are going to provide a different gaming experience than an outdated PC. Just make the game experience equivalent to the best console and let the PC gamers catch up. It's what we always do. We're used to it. And unlike consoles, we can upgrade our rigs.
Word.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk102
Translation: we were already spread thin covering each console and when we crunched the numbers, the payback from developing a PC platform wasn't worth the investment.

Just say it like it is.
Well, if it makes you feel any better Haden Blackman pretty much said that back in January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk102
Throw me a bone...
What do you mean? LEC threw out LEGO Star Wars I and II for PC. That isn't enough of a bone for you?


Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!


Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2008, 02:10 AM   #5
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan
 
Lantzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,156
Bah, bull****. The PS2 version can't look so good either, and the Wii version isnt so good looking either but that still counts as the same game
Lantzen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2008, 09:40 AM   #6
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
Yeah, see? I knew this would happen. People bitched about there being no PC version, and when they [LA] actually give[s] a good reason for it, they refuse to believe and bitch anyway. It's what I like to call a "lose-lose" scenario.


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2008, 09:43 AM   #7
tk102
Well past expiration date
 
tk102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,766
Current Game: Dragon Age: Origins
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
What "good" reason would that be TKA-001?

@Char Ell: Ah thanks didn't see the Blackman interview.

As for *future* bones, let's see:
Lego Indy? No.
TFU? No.
Fracture? No.
Battlefront 3? ?? KotOR 3? ?? JK 4 ??

No, I won't count a MMORPG as a bone. I wonder when they're going to drop the "we're definitely not out of the PC market" rhetoric.


tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2008, 10:29 AM   #8
Ztalker
Saving the world casually
 
Ztalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Normandy SR-2
Posts: 2,780
Forum Veteran 
Bwahahaha!

Did the guy actually ice cold say 'WATERED DOWN' while he's bringing the damn game to the PS2, DS, PSP, N-gage, Texas instruments calculator and microwave?

When they'll give us a serious statement, I'll be back...

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2008, 10:39 AM   #9
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan
 
Lantzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001
Yeah, see? I knew this would happen. People bitched about there being no PC version, and when they [LA] actually give[s] a good reason for it, they refuse to believe and bitch anyway. It's what I like to call a "lose-lose" scenario.
I don't bitch about it aint comming to PC, but there still no good reason why it wont come to PC. Waterd down my ass, most gamers PC are better then a PS2, thats for sure...

If this wasnt one of the nice forums im a member off, there would be some flame in the above post ^^
Lantzen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2008, 12:13 PM   #10
tk102
Well past expiration date
 
tk102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,766
Current Game: Dragon Age: Origins
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Sad truth is if TFU is a big commercial success for Lucasarts, which appears likely, won't that further ingrain the strategy of *not* developing for the PC?

There seems to be a growing conflict of interest being an admin on these forums and a PC-only gamer.


tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2008, 01:30 PM   #11
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
What "good" reason would that be TKA-001?
Maybe the reason they gave?

Quote:
If this wasnt one of the nice forums im a member off, there would be some flame in the above post ^^
Oh, thank god. I am very appreciative of your mercy.


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2008, 02:00 PM   #12
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan
 
Lantzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,156
TKA, that still not a good reason. It's so much easier to get your opinion across with a bit of flame

And btw, wtf
Quote:
"The PC being the gaming platform that it is, someone with a $4,000 high-end system would definitely be able to play the Euphoria, the DMM and really technical elements of the game"
My computer costed around $2000 (A little less, and that was a year ago) and i can play Crysis on highest with that one. I really don't think you need double the amount to be able to play Force Unleashed
Lantzen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2008, 02:16 PM   #13
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
You people are saying those things based on assumptions. I'm content enough to assume that the people who actually make the games know what they're talking about.


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2008, 04:40 PM   #14
tk102
Well past expiration date
 
tk102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,766
Current Game: Dragon Age: Origins
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001
Maybe the reason they gave?
Suey's reason: "People with low-end PCs wouldn't have a good play experience" = bad reason
Blackman's reason: "It would require high-end PCs and there's not enough customer base to justify it" = okay reason, though it's flawed logic.

Perhaps LA was looking at Crysis sales for a yardstick in the high-end PC gamer market. Back in November the sales in the U.S. were less than anticipated. Not really fair though since that was sales snapshot was the first week of sales for a game hyped as being a DX10 game while people were badmouthing Vista. The buzz at that time was that yes, this is a high-end game and you will probably need to upgrade your components. That doesn't happen overnight.

Now look ahead 3 months later after the Christmas holiday and digital downloads, and EA tells us it has sold 1 million units worldwide. Sales for higher-end PC games may not be as dramatic as console games (eg. GTA IV), but they have longevity especially when the modding communities spring up.

(And all this is under the assumption that TFU will require a high-end machine, yet we have development for the PS2 and DS.)


tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2008, 05:33 PM   #15
Jeff
Rating: Awesome
 
Jeff's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 8,431
Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Well I don't mind as much just because I have access to a console and think gameplay would be better on there. But one thing I'd like to ask the PC-only gamers is would you be satisfied with the PS2 version being brought to the PC instead of the high-end version? Not trying to prove anything, I'm just curious.


Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2008, 05:44 PM   #16
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan
 
Lantzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,156
There aint no reason they would bring a PS2 version to the PC. From what i understand xbox and PC games is very similar to program, so if they can do a high-end version on xbox they can easily do it on PC. Not that i care so much either since i have a xbox, but the reason they have give is just crap
Lantzen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2008, 06:08 PM   #17
tk102
Well past expiration date
 
tk102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,766
Current Game: Dragon Age: Origins
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
I don't need high end graphics to have fun gaming. I'm used to turning down my graphics settings, so if they do it for me by porting the PS2 version, that's fine. It'd be nice for a change to be able to pwn the specs on a new game. Maybe I look at games a little differently coming from RPG/Adventure fandom of which TFU isn't.

And perhaps I take it a bit personally. This game was given the tacit nod by Lucas and elaborates on the OT timeframe that my generation grew up with watching in the theaters. There is a feeling of being deliberately left out because I don't own a console like my younger friends. Ah, well, whatever.


tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2008, 06:17 PM   #18
Pho3nix
#rekt
 
Pho3nix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 3,372
Forum Veteran 
I don't mind anymore since I'm getting a PS3

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-14-2008, 01:54 AM   #19
Char Ell
Force Enlightened
 
Char Ell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 2,368
Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk102
As for *future* bones, let's see:
Lego Indy? No.
TFU? No.
Fracture? No.
Battlefront 3? ?? KotOR 3? ?? JK 4 ??

No, I won't count a MMORPG as a bone. I wonder when they're going to drop the "we're definitely not out of the PC market" rhetoric.
I think the only future bone for PC right now is the unannounced LucasArts/BioWare project. Seems like there would be a decent chance for that game to be released for PC though we'll not likely see that until the end of 2009 or more likely 2010. Talk about a "future" bone...

The Free Radical project will most definitely come out before the LucasArts/BioWare project but since Free Radical isn't known for making PC games the odds on bet for that game is it will be another console exclusive like TFU.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk102
There seems to be a growing conflict of interest being an admin on these forums and a PC-only gamer.
So you've noticed, eh? Of course I'm not an admin but I've wondered how LF will do if LucasArts stops releasing PC games or only releases a PC game once every 2-3 years. If the PC peeps start dropping off then will the console peeps fill in? Hard to predict but seems likely a demographic shift in the LF user base would result.


Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!


Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-14-2008, 02:55 AM   #20
Hayden Kered
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 866
Helpful! 
I could really care less that it's not for PC. IMO, PC games are a waste. Most games that I have seen for PC in the last 2 years have been ones that can be easily beaten in 3 hours, and others you have to play online, which most of the time requires monthly fees just to play a game you already paid $60 for.

As for myself, I have a Wii which is good enough for me to play TFU.


I QUIT LF!
Hayden Kered is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-14-2008, 04:10 AM   #21
Jeff
Rating: Awesome
 
Jeff's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 8,431
Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
You must not see many PC games then...


Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-14-2008, 05:04 AM   #22
Hayden Kered
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 866
Helpful! 
Around where I live...not really!


I QUIT LF!
Hayden Kered is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-14-2008, 12:49 PM   #23
Ztalker
Saving the world casually
 
Ztalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Normandy SR-2
Posts: 2,780
Forum Veteran 
I'll get back on my previous statement.

I've bought a new computer at the beginning of this year. Some specs (X-Fire Sca):
Processor:
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory:
2048MB RAM
Hard Drive:
250 GB Total
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

I just took the Assassin's Creed Test...(to check if my comp's able to handle it) and I was flabbergasted. It ran very bad. I know the 8600 is a crappy video card (which was completely ignored by the videogame creator who embraced the 8800 and left us 'first gen Vista cards' owners to cry).

Too be honest about this...I don't feel I want to buy another 600 euro video card for Assassin's Creed. And although TFU is no Crysis, it's far more cmparible with Assassin's Creed. And remember, I bought my system THIS year....it sucks

There is (for me) some reason behind LA's statement now.

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-14-2008, 11:42 PM   #24
Serpentine Cougar
Veteran
 
Serpentine Cougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Not there yet.
Posts: 879
Current Game: Beneath A Steel Sky
Helpful! 
I guess it would be too hard to make the physics system scalable? So that, like other graphics settings, you can turn them down in "Options" if your rig can't handle it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Moeller
But one thing I'd like to ask the PC-only gamers is would you be satisfied with the PS2 version being brought to the PC instead of the high-end version? Not trying to prove anything, I'm just curious.
Even if that was all the PC got, it would still probably mean some modding possibilities...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char Ell
[...] only releases a PC game once every 2-3 years.
Isn't that how long it usually takes to make a game, though?



Last edited by Serpentine Cougar; 05-14-2008 at 11:45 PM. Reason: added Char Ell quote
Serpentine Cougar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2008, 10:06 AM   #25
Char Ell
Force Enlightened
 
Char Ell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 2,368
Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine
Isn't that how long it usually takes to make a game, though?
Sure, PC games usually take at least 2 years to make. However if LucasArts only releases one PC game once every 2-3 years then that would mean LucasArts would likely be developing or contracting development for one PC game at a time. In the past LucasArts has released one or more PC titles each year so they've had more than one PC game in the development pipeline.


Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!


Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2008, 02:16 PM   #26
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User
 
PoiuyWired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztalker
I'll get back on my previous statement.

I've bought a new computer at the beginning of this year. Some specs (X-Fire Sca):
Processor:
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory:
2048MB RAM
Hard Drive:
250 GB Total
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

I just took the Assassin's Creed Test...(to check if my comp's able to handle it) and I was flabbergasted. It ran very bad. I know the 8600 is a crappy video card (which was completely ignored by the videogame creator who embraced the 8800 and left us 'first gen Vista cards' owners to cry).

Too be honest about this...I don't feel I want to buy another 600 euro video card for Assassin's Creed. And although TFU is no Crysis, it's far more cmparible with Assassin's Creed. And remember, I bought my system THIS year....it sucks

There is (for me) some reason behind LA's statement now.

1) Once the game is out its requirement would not raise, this is not World of Grindcraft or other MMO.
2) TFU have low-end version like PS2. And you should seriously think of becoming an hero if your newer computer is less capable than such a "next-gen"(anyone call it that nowadays should have his balls removed and made into sausages) console.

So, its not a capacity problem. Plus, you should buy a better video card, really.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2008, 08:57 AM   #27
TheZor
Lurker
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Moeller
Well I don't mind as much just because I have access to a console and think gameplay would be better on there. But one thing I'd like to ask the PC-only gamers is would you be satisfied with the PS2 version being brought to the PC instead of the high-end version? Not trying to prove anything, I'm just curious.
Well, this already is what is happening most of the time.. For some odd reason, most of the developers/editors feel like we, PC gamers, deserve the PS2 version. I can't honestly figure it out.
It wouldn't have been surprising if we had the PS2/Wii version

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001
You people are saying those things based on assumptions. I'm content enough to assume that the people who actually make the games know what they're talking about.
Do you want something that is not an assumption ? A vast array of PCs ( a majority actually ) are way more powerful than the PS2 and the Wii. Yet, we don't get a PC version because it'd supposedly require a 4000$ PC, which would then be even more powerful than the PS3. But, the PS2 and Wii versions are somehow possible. I fail to see logic.
See, that's not an assumption, those are facts, and their excuse is a poor attempt at fooling us. There are obvious other reasons for it, lack of time, lack of investement, lack of interrest, whatever you want.

I tend not to believe developers all the time, and that's a good idea most of the time.
See, GTA IV had unbelievable issues as to how to make it run on the X360 or the PS3, yet they are still somehow able to port it onto the PC. How wierd is that ? The only excuse for this is they don't think the base market on PC would be good enough, and it just amazes me when I see such interviews filled with sheer hypocrisy.

Ztalker: About Assassin's Creed, something is wrong, it shouldn't be running THAT choppily. Try checking your drivers or look for some kind of conflict, it should run pretty ok with decent settings.
TheZor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2008, 10:34 AM   #28
Jeff
Rating: Awesome
 
Jeff's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 8,431
Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Well I think when talking about needing a high-end PC to run TFU, they would have been referring to porting the Xbox 360 version, which probably would require an above average but not $4000 PC.


Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2008, 11:54 AM   #29
Char Ell
Force Enlightened
 
Char Ell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 2,368
Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
I agree. My guess is that LucasArts believed they had two choices: Port the Xbox 360 version to PC or develop and optimize a PC version of TFU.

If they did a fairly straightforward port of the Xbox 360 version of TFU then it would require a high-end PC to run, probably a quad core running at least 2.4 GHz, at least 1 GB RAM, and a 512 MB graphics card. I think they felt a straightforward port would limit the number of PC players who could buy the game and they decided not to go that route.

Developing and optimizing a PC version of TFU would have required more development cost and expense. Though such an effort would allow the game to be played on more PC's I don't think LucasArts felt they would sell enough copies of the PC version to recoup their development costs.

Thus the rationale I believe was behind the decision to not make a PC version of TFU. Not that I agree with it or anything but I think that was the logic behind LucasArts' decision.


Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!


Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2008, 05:15 PM   #30
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller
 
GeneralPloKoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 1,532
Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
I wish I could feel sorry for the PC gamers, but I have always loved consoles more. Plus in my opnion, the PC market is starting to die down....
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2008, 09:26 PM   #31
Da_man
CHEATER (Apparently)
 
Da_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sunny Arizona
Posts: 1,173
Current Game: Team Fortress 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantzen
Bah, bull****. The PS2 version can't look so good either, and the Wii version isnt so good looking either but that still counts as the same game
I agree, but I have a Wii and an Xbox 360. Certain games on the PS2 can have Xbox 360 level graphics, and I've seen it. Rock Band looks almost the same on the 360 and PS2. Whereas GH3 can barely get the drummers animations right. The PS2 and Wii are getting bad reputations because the devs made the graphics. SSBB and Super Mario Galaxy look just as good as Halo 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantzen
And btw, wtf My computer costed around $2000 (A little less, and that was a year ago) and i can play Crysis on highest with that one. I really don't think you need double the amount to be able to play Force Unleashed
I heard NASA just played Crysis at the highest level with thier orbital supercomputers for five minutes before crashing.

Da_man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2008, 11:46 PM   #32
Serpentine Cougar
Veteran
 
Serpentine Cougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Not there yet.
Posts: 879
Current Game: Beneath A Steel Sky
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_man
I heard NASA just played Crysis at the highest level with thier orbital supercomputers for five minutes before crashing.
Got a link/source?


Serpentine Cougar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2008, 11:59 PM   #33
Da_man
CHEATER (Apparently)
 
Da_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sunny Arizona
Posts: 1,173
Current Game: Team Fortress 2
^ GameInformer (It's a joke, genius)

Da_man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-20-2008, 05:05 AM   #34
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan
 
Lantzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,156
Well, it's not really fair to take the old xbox360 game and make a comparison with the new PS2 games. The new 360 game is pushing the xbox to the limit, the old games don't. It would be like making a comparison between Crysis and Farcry in my opinion. But i get your point

And see how good a computer can get with 2000$ well spent money ^^ But i can admit, i don't have antialasing (sp?) on max, and thats nearly the only thing thats not maxed. Im not home so i can look at the settings
Lantzen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-20-2008, 09:30 AM   #35
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,349
Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantzen
I don't bitch about it aint comming to PC, but there still no good reason why it wont come to PC.
There is for Lucasarts, and developers in general: The market is just too small to justify the cost of making a PC version. If it was, they'd do it.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-20-2008, 09:35 AM   #36
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan
 
Lantzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,156
But Lucasarts aint saying thats the reason...
Lantzen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-20-2008, 10:02 AM   #37
Char Ell
Force Enlightened
 
Char Ell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 2,368
Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
^^^
If that is what you think then it seems apparent that you haven't taken the time to read all the posts in this thread. Recommend you read post #4.


Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!


Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2008, 02:05 PM   #38
BoBoZoBo
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 11
There IS no good excuse.

Im sure they think they have a good reason, but considering the TOTAL BS excuse they gave us I don't think it is a reasonable one. It probably has something to do with a backroom deals making them money and making the game a crappy experience for us.

The PC market is MORE than large enough to justify the porting of the game to PC, especially when it come to Star Wars fans. What gets me is that if it was a market/pirate issue.. why not say it? Why give this $4000 PC resoning which is just PLAIN WRONG. The technical excuse is just a load of crap.

It obvious they are developing the game as quickly as possible just to make a buck. And I am all for capitalism and making a buck... but HELL man, this is Start Wars, give us something.

Personally I am tired of it and I for sure will no longer be buying it. Between this and the fact that game will have different content on different consoles... the enchantment is completely lost for me. I have not bought a LA game in a while becuase of it and I guess I can still do without. I am not about to drive myself crazy with this Console Vs. Console Vs. PC war BS

Check out the rant here: Force Uleashed POLL

Vote if you care.
BoBoZoBo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2008, 03:44 PM   #39
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden
 
Gurges-Ahter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Parker, TX
Posts: 953
I'd prefer a PC version too, but it's not terribly disappointing to me. I mean, the game/story is still available on console... what's the big deal?

I am disappointed with the "different versions on different consoles" decision, but I guess the strategy will work on me since I'll just buy it for 2 different consoles (Wii and 360 or PS3).


Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2008, 05:39 PM   #40
RyuuKage
Junior Member
 
RyuuKage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 373
i just don't get why people are so anti-console...what's wrong with having a good gaming computer AND consoles? that's what i do, and because of that, i can have basically any game i want in whatever flavor, and it doesn't cost a lot of money either (except for the PC T_T).
RyuuKage is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Secret Apprentice's Logs > Why Force Unleashed is not for PC

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:07 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.