lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Why Force Unleashed is not for PC
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-28-2008, 07:41 AM   #41
SithStarSlayer
Rookie

DM, do you really think they'd do that? (put out the ps2 version for PC) I mean I wouldn't be shocked if they did, but I can't see them slapping the PC gamers in the face like that.

Prime posted:

"There is for Lucasarts, and developers in general: The market is just too small to justify the cost of making a PC version. If it was, they'd do it."

Or maybe they're scared of getting shown up by the MOD's that the community comes up with?
SithStarSlayer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2008, 11:33 AM   #42
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SithStarSlayer View Post
Prime posted:

"There is for Lucasarts, and developers in general: The market is just too small to justify the cost of making a PC version. If it was, they'd do it."

Or maybe they're scared of getting shown up by the MOD's that the community comes up with?
LOL, I don't think so.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2008, 02:55 PM   #43
RyuuKage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
LOL, I don't think so.
agreed, mods for games as detailed as TFU will only rarely live up to the original content in terms of quality.
RyuuKage is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2008, 04:21 PM   #44
Negative Sun
Death to all but metal!

Current Game: NWN
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
Quote:
lolz, that made me chuckle, thanks

I don't mind it not coming out for the PC, since my rig sucks atm anyways, and I've vowed not to buy any more games since I tried to play NWN2 and it looked smurfin' ugly and had a terrible framerate @ 1024x768

The controls will probably be more suitable for console use anyways...Unless you've got a crosshair control system like in JK, but I don't think so (haven't seen the game in action yet, dunno if there's any footage of it at all actually)

I've got a PS2 and will probably get a Wii soon, even though I wouldn't mind seeing DMM or Euphoria in action, it wouldn't really bother me that much...

"I killed a man cause he killed my goat."
Negative Sun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2008, 09:13 PM   #45
DAWUSS

Quote:
Because God forbid we have Jaina Solo vs. Naga Sadow or Mira vs. Mara in TFU
DAWUSS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2008, 12:07 AM   #46
SithStarSlayer
Rookie

After the new year, you might just get your wish...
to play as Jaina, at least.
SithStarSlayer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2008, 01:41 PM   #47
RyuuKage

Quote:
After the new year, you might just get your wish...
to play as Jaina, at least.
what a cryptic statement....'SPLAIN! lol
RyuuKage is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2008, 02:41 PM   #48
Da_man
CHEATER (Apparently)

Current Game: Team Fortress 2

Da_man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2008, 08:09 AM   #49
LordSerion
Rookie

I think they will make it for PC as well, after waiting a few years. They've no real excuses, and the PC is definitely not dead.
LordSerion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2008, 08:13 AM   #50
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Pity...

I mean yeah, doing it for consoles they really only have to test a handful of systems, whereas with the PC they have to test a lot more to account for the diversity of hardware. But then they have this thing called "patches" (I never thought I'd see the day when console games are even getting patched), meaning (sad to say) we PC gamers are used to games being "Half broken" out of the box... so long as they get patched up within a month or two and the game shows enough potential to make us willing to wait.

Still, it's a shame... I think it's probably, as others have speculated, backroom deals and maximizing profit for the least amount of work.

In a day and age when they can release Doom3 on the consoles and it looks worse than on the PC (and at the time, who had the hardware to run D3 smoothly at max settings on the PC when it first came out?)... and a niche franchise like Highlander can get a game on all the systems (including PC).... that's just bogus.

The whole "the physics are just too intense!" excuse didn't fly with me when Obi-Wan was canceled on the PC...

And making people buy a $20 gamepad isn't really a big deal either (considering they'll spend more than that on ram and video cards just to get the most out of their PC games).

I almost bought their excuses for TFU being console-only until I heard about the PS2 and DS versions...

I guess this is just one more LA game I won't be playing except for 5 mins in the store (probably not even that because there's always a line of kids on those things).

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2008, 10:51 AM   #51
TheExile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSerion View Post
I think they will make it for PC as well, after waiting a few years. They've no real excuses, and the PC is definitely not dead.
The PC dead????????????
It is living in high grounds man. In my country there are ONLY pc gamers. This PC gaming thing is kinda new too us, but it developed quickly in the last 3 years- I'm a gamer from like 5 years. But believe me, I know like 30 guys who would buy this.
You know, they would make like 400.000 sales only here, in a country-Romania.
It is just a stupid excuse, but I can't find why won't they do this for PC too?

Wow!!! I say this will be the worst sold game from LA EVER!!!!!
I hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Note: Chapter 8 is out!*
[Fic] The war of the ancients, seen through the eyes of one young men, as he walks the road of destiny... The Triumvirates War

TheExile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2008, 12:49 PM   #52
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
We should go on a crusade.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2008, 01:07 PM   #53
M@RS
The New Tax Collector

^ Yes we should

Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2008, 03:20 PM   #54
Davinq
I wear a fez now

Current Game: Portal
Add K3, BFIII, and JK4 to that Crusade then, otherwise it ain't worth it.
Davinq is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2008, 03:22 PM   #55
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Current Game: Mass Effect 3
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Eww, not JK4. Haven't they driven the stake in far enough to that game series?

Inyri is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2008, 05:53 PM   #56
M@RS
The New Tax Collector

Nope, that series is the best LA has

Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2008, 02:56 PM   #57
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by M@RS View Post
Nope, that series is the best LA has
When a series is exploited over and over again, no matter how good it is, it starts to get bad. Final Fantasy is the exception that confirms the rule.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2008, 04:09 PM   #58
XteNT
Lurker

What a total and completely arrogant assclown to give those kind of responses in an interview. When I played JK the original, I had the absolute garbage computer and had to lower my settings to pixelized bare-minimum, but I could still play the damn game.

Not everyone has 600 bucks to shell out on a 360 or PS3.
XteNT is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2008, 06:21 AM   #59
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Although *ssclown is new, mind your words please

Upgrading your PC to a duel core gaming PC (which I recently did) cost more then buying a PS3. Duel Core seems to be the MINIMUM requirement for more recent games.
Plus, JK is from way back. Times change

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2008, 09:57 PM   #60
Davinq
I wear a fez now

Current Game: Portal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inyri View Post
Eww, not JK4. Haven't they driven the stake in far enough to that game series?
I was gonna add LSW:NJO to that list after reading a thread in the RC forums as well with a similar idea, but realised no one here would probably get the reference. Twas meant to be a joke, since I completely agree that JK is dead.
Davinq is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2008, 12:40 PM   #61
Iron Rose
Rookie

To powerfull for the PC? Thats a joke right. So what if older PC games can't run it? They can't run half the games that come out. Oh well, better no game then a half baked 360 port. Actually looking at some recent PC ports we'd end up with a half baked PS2 port *shudders*.
Iron Rose is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-07-2008, 11:24 AM   #62
Da_man
CHEATER (Apparently)

I've seen so many Xbox 360 ports fall so short they'd fall off a cliff. And the game going to go onto the PS2 no less. If any PS2 games were ported to the PC at any moment. Anyone with XP and a graphics card made in the last 5 years would be able to play them.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:31 PM   #63
Starfyre
Rookie

I was getting all stocked to be able to to play this and then I read this thread that says no PC game. Will I guess Lucas is going to be loosing money as I don't own any consoles other than my Nintendo 64 and Atari 2600. And I don't plan on buying any in the foreseeable future. So I won't be getting this game as I am not going to buy a new console just to play it.
Starfyre is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2008, 03:08 PM   #64
Ryazan
Rookie

Oh God. Not again.

First of all, the Wii, PS2, DS and PSP versions do not have fantastic graphics of the new physics engines. And, I’m sorry, but last time I checked Bioshock and Crysis and all the other game that have PC versions don’t use these new engines that require insane amounts of processing power. In fact, the amount of processing power required is why the new engines are only on the 360 and PS3. And I agree that the $4000 thing is an exaggeration, but the point he is trying to make is that a 360-quality version would be unplayable on low-end PCs (which are definitely out there). If they made a watered-down version to compensate for the lower technology, you guys with higher-end PCs (which are also definitely out there) would complain about that because you cannot possibly be satisfied with anything. And you guys aren’t even considering every factor that goes into this decision because all you care about is yourselves. There are deadlines and budget restrictions. They simply did not have time to accomodate everyone’s demands, so they decided to appease the console owners, who in this day and age are beginning to outnumber PC gamers. Like it or not, businesses don’t care about all their customers. They only care about whichever customers will put the most food on their tables. Because that’s what business is for: to make money to support yourself so that you can survive. So just snip appreciate what you have.

Please tone it down a notch, Ryazan. You can get your messages across just fine without resorting to name calling and inflammatory statements - Rhett
Ryazan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2008, 06:41 PM   #65
Jacob Nion
Rookie

they probley will some time in the furture.

Jacob Nion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2008, 08:12 PM   #66
Da_Man_2423
Forumite

Current Game: NCAA Football 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Nion View Post
they probley will some time in the furture.
How do you know? What makes you think that?

Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2008, 10:22 PM   #67
fastfed
Rookie

After seeing and playing the Demo.. The reason for not having this game on the PC is extremely EXTREMELY OBVIOUS!! its a total arcade game.. so much, enemies even have health meter bars above their heads.. yep..

These type's of games NEVER EVER make it to a PC, let alone this game.. this game is marketed towards 13-18 year olds..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_man View Post
I've seen so many Xbox 360 ports fall so short they'd fall off a cliff. And the game going to go onto the PS2 no less. If any PS2 games were ported to the PC at any moment. Anyone with XP and a graphics card made in the last 5 years would be able to play them.
Have you experienced the graphics in TFU yet?? when you do, you will realize why it will be played so easy on the PS2..

My commodore 64 could probably run the game

Last edited by tk102; 08-22-2008 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Merged double post
fastfed is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2008, 12:09 AM   #68
Da_man
CHEATER (Apparently)

As a metter of fact, I've been following the game for a good year. And there are many arcade games on the PC. Hell, I have the whole '80s arcade collection on my computer now. The genre makes no difference.

As for the graphics thing, take a good look at Guiter Hero 3 for the PS2 and PS3. That right there should win me the arguement. Even then, the PS2 version is going to be bar bones. No extra levels, no multiplayer period.

Old 08-22-2008, 11:14 AM   #69
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
To those complaining about not having a PC version when the PS2, DS et al are getting a version, i'd like to point out that those versions are being developed by different companies so that they'll work for their respective systems.

I have a feeling that if they could, there would be a PC version. There will probably be a version out in a year or so.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2008, 03:55 PM   #70
LordSerion
Rookie

A year? That's a long time...they should put in all the extra levels and make a decent comversation.But I'd definitely buy it!
LordSerion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2008, 04:32 PM   #71
Da_Man_2423
Forumite

Current Game: NCAA Football 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor_Kaine View Post
To those complaining about not having a PC version when the PS2, DS et al are getting a version, i'd like to point out that those versions are being developed by different companies so that they'll work for their respective systems.

I have a feeling that if they could, there would be a PC version. There will probably be a version out in a year or so.
They gave their reasons already for not doing a PC version, and I doubt they're gonna switch their stance in a year given what the reason was.

Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-26-2008, 07:24 AM   #72
Jason Skywalker
Fight da Powah

Current Game: SMT: Imagine
I still believe LA will make a PC version, someday.
Jason Skywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-26-2008, 12:02 PM   #73
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Skywalker View Post
I still believe LA will make a PC version, someday.
Holding your breath?

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-26-2008, 12:38 PM   #74
tk102
Well past expiration date

Current Game: Watch_Dogs
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Bowels, actually.

spoiler:
If a PC version is released, I will **** my pants.

tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Secret Apprentice's Logs > Why Force Unleashed is not for PC