lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Homemade The Secret of Monkey Island Poster
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-19-2007, 06:53 AM   #1
Pierre_RGN
Lurker

Post Homemade The Secret of Monkey Island Poster

Hello !!

I have been looking for a decent MI poster for months, I've just made one myself.
I found a hi-resolution picture of the cover on the internet, corrected it with the gimp ( erased the disgusting "Computer Minimal Requirement" sticker )

Then I sent it to a online photo developping company. I received it today, and it rocks

When I was seeking it, I went on this board, for information, so I guess everyone like me will come here one day, so : I SHARE

There is the picture i used to be the poster.

This is a picture of the final result, I received it today by postmail. I put it in a wooden frame. ( sorry for the flash light reflexion on it, it's under glass )

The final result is 50 cm * 70 cm ( that does 19,7 x 27,55 inches )

For information, I added black up and down layers, because the proportion of the poster did'nt fit in the size asked by the photo developping website. If you plan to frame it, you should do the same, if not, just cut the white border of the final print.

Enjoy it ! I already enjoy mine The full story ( in french ) on my http://blog.regne.net
Pierre_RGN is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2007, 04:01 PM   #2
Huz
Coconut in the lime

10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member 
Good work. Even better that you've distributed your work liberally around the interweb - we wouldn't want the denizens of JA+ missing out!

Seriously though, good stuff.

"I once ate a teabag" - Thrik
The Huz Experience
Huz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2007, 07:24 PM   #3
Thimble_Guy
Rookie

Looks awesome.

I just got the same poster from ebay, i should be getting it in a few days.

Last edited by Thimble_Guy; 06-09-2009 at 06:12 PM.
Thimble_Guy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-01-2007, 07:16 AM   #4
Fealiks
NAMBLA member

Thimble are you sure it was the same?

It looks brilliant, good job of removing the IBM sticker
Fealiks is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-01-2007, 07:24 AM   #5
Thimble_Guy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fealiks
Thimble are you sure it was the same?

It looks brilliant, good job of removing the IBM sticker

Not exactly the same as Pierre_RGN, it doesn't have the logo at the bottom and "a graphic adventure by Ron Gilbert" isn't there.

Last edited by Thimble_Guy; 06-09-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:58 AM   #6
Thimble_Guy
Rookie

hey guys,

I just got my poster today from eBay...

Last edited by Thimble_Guy; 06-09-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:13 AM   #7
Thrik
Symbolically Compelling

Hot Topic Starter Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
That's pretty nice, actually. Was there a version of that art released without the logos, "By Ron Gilbert", etc removed, or was it painstakingly edited out?

Either way, that's something I wouldn't mind knocking around on a wall. It looks lovely without the logos and such cluttering it up.

A similar version of the MI2 art would be fantastic too. I know an image of that without the logos was released.

Thrik is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-05-2007, 10:32 AM   #8
Thimble_Guy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrik
That's pretty nice, actually. Was there a version of that art released without the logos, "By Ron Gilbert", etc removed, or was it painstakingly edited out?

Either way, that's something I wouldn't mind knocking around on a wall. It looks lovely without the logos and such cluttering it up.

A similar version of the MI2 art would be fantastic too. I know an image of that without the logos was released.

yeah there was just a plain version without any logos, acutally here a link i found on one of the monkey island fan sites...

The MI2 art is awesome as well, but i've never seen it anywhere.

Last edited by Thimble_Guy; 06-09-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:43 AM   #9
elTee
beatnik

The International House of Mojo Staff LFN Staff Member 
I have the clean Monkey Island 1 and 2 artworks at 4724x6301. They were done by the guys over in this thread, in the LucasCovers thing we started. There are poster sized cleaned images of at least two other games; Sam and Max Hit The Road and The Dig, and there's also what I think is a scan of the widely released Fate of Atlantis poster. They're all extremely printable.

LucasTones - LT - elTee
The International House of Mojo - writing long-winded gibberish increasingly infrequently
elTee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2008, 06:34 PM   #10
TalynBigfoot
Rookie

Hey there, this is really late, but what online photo place did you send that to by the way? I looked on ebay right now and there is only one seller selling a Monkey Island poster (they have a Sam & Max one as well), however it does have the "extra" logos on it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Secret-Monkey-Is...QQcmdZViewItem

I don't really mind the Created By Ron Gilbert one, however this ebay one only says "Created by R Gilbert" hmm, pretty lame!

Poster looks really nice though!
TalynBigfoot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Monkey Island Discussion > MI Chat > General MI Discussion > Homemade The Secret of Monkey Island Poster