lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Digital Distribution
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-04-2008, 08:37 PM   #1
ParrotPatrol
Lurker

Digital Distribution

Why has LucasArts not seen fit to release its old games digitally? On Steam, other developers have had a great deal of luck with releasing their products, and I can't imagine how many people would want to play the old Indy games or the Day of the Tentacle, or the Dark Forces Series, but can't because its next to impossible to find a copy anymore, and even if they find a copy, there is no guarantee they will get it to run. An entire generation is missing out on the good old Lucasarts adventure games. I imagine that with a little tweaking to make them stable and runnable in windows, they could be surprise sellers, and with a low risk opposed to re-releasing these games on store shelves.
ParrotPatrol is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2008, 02:25 PM   #2
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
That is a good question, I would definitely be interested in playing the older games that I missed out on, and its not like LucasArts to pass up a chance at making an extra buck

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2008, 04:58 PM   #3
hellhawk
Rookie

i must say im as big "old game collector and havent gotten any lately thanks to their high prices. im quite broke and would like to see re-releases for a resonable price!
hellhawk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Community Discussion > General LFNetwork Forums > Community Discussion > Digital Distribution