lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Steve Purcell's "Suda"
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-22-2008, 03:59 PM   #1
Kroms
Moose fell on my head

Steve Purcell's "Suda"

I've been wondering what exactly "Suda" is (Steve Purcell draws her quite often) so I Googled a little and found a couple of comic strips about them (one, two). More details here.

Steve's also apparently written a comic that Mike Mignola (Hellboy) drew, for Dark Horse. Not related to Suda, I guess, but still.

In case you were wondering.

Last edited by Kroms; 05-22-2008 at 04:11 PM.
Kroms is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-23-2008, 03:38 PM   #2
Jake
INSANE

Current Game: Tales of MI
Old News! LFN Staff Member 
Suda and her rat (Ernie? I forget) are from a world he created called "Toybox," which appeared in two comics. One was christmas themed (as you linked to), which ran in the Hellboy Christmas Special comic at some point in, I think, the late 90s, and the other was a more general Toybox story which ran the Fast Forward "Storytellers" anthology comic book at some point.
Jake is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2008, 07:50 PM   #3
SyntheticGerbil
Pasta Master

The two existing Toybox comics are like Jake said, found in the Hellboy Christmas Special (which is hard to get a hold of now) and Fast Forward #3 (which is cheaply available.)

The Rusty the Razorclam story you linked to can be found in Dark Horse Presents #107.

Also of interest to you might be Defenders of Dynatron City 1-6 which Purcell wrote and drew some of for a Lucas Arts tie-in. And there's also Batman Secret Files which Purcell wrote a Clayface story which Mignola drew, as well as Gumby's Winter Fun special which may be one of the greatest comics ever.
SyntheticGerbil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Mixnmojo.com > Mojo Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Steve Purcell's "Suda"