lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Team Gizka's "Restoration Project"
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-25-2008, 08:27 PM   #1
Lord Foley

Team Gizka's "Restoration Project"

Team Gizka's "Restoration Project" is disgusting and evil. If content was cut from the game, for whatever reason, it is cut. Sure, some little things, like some small side quests or dialogs might be nice, but trying to restore a cut ending and everything is just stupid. I actually like the game's ending: It leaves you totally wondering what will happen. And besides, now members of your party can be key characters in the next game's plot, unlike Carth and Bastilla, who, despite being awesome, are gone forever other than cameos.

Obviously, I didn't start a thread just to rant, but I've heard nothing but positive stuff about this restoration project, and I was wondering if anyone actually agrees with me.

"Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me."
―Vergere to Jacen Solo
Lord Foley is offline   you may:
Old 05-25-2008, 08:44 PM   #2
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

I can certainly understand your point, and in some respects I agree with it. I really liked the story in TSL and I feel like it receives some undue criticism.

However, I see some value in TSLRP, in that the author (Avellone, I think) has made it clear that a lot of the content he wanted to include just couldn't be done because of the time constraints. That led to some cut content that would have helped fill some holes that exist in the storyline.

At the very least I am intrigued to see how TSLRP ends up. It might change too much and a lot of people might end up agreeing with you. I applaud the effort nonetheless, however.

Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may:
Old 05-25-2008, 08:46 PM   #3
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Foley
If content was cut from the game, for whatever reason, it is cut.
I fail to see what significance this has. Further, If you'd paid attention to commentary made by Obsidian since the game was out, you'd be aware they actually wanted none of those things cut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Foley View Post
but trying to restore a cut ending and everything is just stupid. I actually like the game's ending:
Big surprise, but they're honestly not changing the ending that much. There'll be some final moments of closure with various party members, but it'll still end the same as ever: Malachor V falling apart and the Hawk flying off into the unknown.

Have you read what TG plans on restoring? They're adding plenty of new content (a few hours worth), but the game's plot and characters are remaining the same as ever. All in all your complaints are fairly misplaced.

Quote:
I was wondering if anyone actually agrees with me.
No. You're alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may:
Old 05-25-2008, 08:50 PM   #4
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Team Gizka's "Restoration Project" is disgusting and evil.
Never thought I would ever hear that.

Quote:
If content was cut from the game, for whatever reason, it is cut. Sure, some little things, like some small side quests or dialogs might be nice, but trying to restore a cut ending and everything is just stupid. I actually like the game's ending: It leaves you totally wondering what will happen.
But that wasn't how the ending was supposed to happen on the first place. In fact, if we add all the other stuff that was cut - and due to time restraints, I might add, not because it was deemed "unfitting" - the end doesn't even makes sense.

Plus, the ending will be laconic as always, so don't worry about that aspect.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may:
Old 05-25-2008, 09:12 PM   #5
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Quote:
Team Gizka's "Restoration Project" is disgusting and evil.
Don't install it and you won't have a problem.

We've had these kinds of rant threads in the past and they go nowhere positive. This one's getting closed, too.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Team Gizka's "Restoration Project"