lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Indiana Jones and the Antipiracy Efforts of Doom
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-02-2008, 06:40 PM   #1
jp-30

The International House of Mojo Staff 
Indiana Jones and the Antipiracy Efforts of Doom

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/05/28...silencing.html

Quote:
Adrian McCarthy says:
While at the cinema yesterday, I read a notice posted by the box office that Paramount has intentionally silenced bits of the soundtrack of _Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull_ in order to deter and track piracy. The notice acknowledged that the momentary silences were annoying but that it was out of their control. Basically it said, please don't bug the manager if the sound drops out, unless it lasts more than a minute.

I searched this morning, but I can't find any mention of this on the web. I was going to snap a picture of the notice to post on my blog, but my cell phone battery had died--and I probably would have been chased off by a security guard.

Blanking out chunks of audio seems a rather crude way of watermarking the film. Once again, it's the paying customers who suffer
A lot of people in the ensuing discussion say they experienced the audio dropouts (though I don't recall any in the screening I went to). Absolutely ridiculous if they're intentially inserted by the studio. I wonder if it was done with Speilberg's & Lucas' knowledge?
jp-30 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2008, 09:48 PM   #2
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Yeah, I've seen it 4 times in theaters now...and the only time it dropped out was at the midnight showing (3 times in fact)...but it hasn't happened since...

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2008, 12:29 PM   #3
Kroms
Moose fell on my head

I wonder if they'll ever figure out that this is why piracy exists in the first place...

(That and exploitation. You want that song? You gotta buy the "Best-Of"!)
Kroms is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Mixnmojo.com > Mojo Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Indiana Jones and the Antipiracy Efforts of Doom