lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: How do you change the opening battle movie again?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-20-2008, 01:24 PM   #1
mrsparkle

How do you change the opening battle movie again?

Been a long time since I had this installed; my old harddrive crashed.

I remember being able to change the opening battle sequence to a custom map I made, but I don't remember how. I don't remember which XML file controls the opening music and battle sequence. I don't even remember the names of the maps it used, maybe demo_attract or something.

I'd appreciate it if anyone can refresh my memory

EDIT: Let me clarify. One of the .ted maps is the battle played on the main screen. I don't remember if I changed the name of my custom map to that .ted, or if in one of the XML files I changed the .ted referenced to the new one I made. I also don't remember which .ted it is. There's a bunch of them...DEMO_ATTRACT_FOCDEMOD.TED, DEMO_ATTRACT_GEONOSIS.TED, SPACE_DEMO_MYRKYR.TED, etc. I even changed every single name of every single ATTRACT.TED to no avail.

I was able to do this, and I had some nice demo battles playing in the background. I even had a rebels vs empire battle including the death star. It looked SO much better than the the rebels vs consortium battle normally seen.

I just don't remember how. And it's impossible to find out how with a search engine; there's just not that much info on this game out there.

Last edited by mrsparkle; 04-24-2008 at 06:56 PM.
mrsparkle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2008, 08:52 PM   #2
mrsparkle

It's DEMO_ATTRACT_KAMINO.TED. Now I just have to remake that map.

On a side note for anyone who plays FOC online, does anyone have a copy of the FOC map I made where the Executor slowly arrives from the bottom left corner? I don't remember what I called it, and it's on my old harddrive that crashed.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:53 PM   #3
TheSpartanJedi
Lurker

Sucks that your hard drive failed. Just a sidenote for you, make sure you back-up your files on CDs/flash drives. It will save you a lot of pain sometime. Also, if you could possibly remember what sites you uploaded your map on you might be able to find it. Might take a while though, but you could try that while you wait. Sorry I couldn't be much more help
TheSpartanJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2008, 11:53 PM   #4
mrsparkle

I didn't upload my map to any sites. I just went online and people downloaded it as they joined. I used to see a few people host it after that, so it's still around.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Modding forum > How do you change the opening battle movie again?