lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Who would you train to be a Jedi/Sith?
Carth 14 24.14%
Canderous 13 22.41%
Mission 36 62.07%
Zaalbar 14 24.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Which character would you train to be a Jedi?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-30-2008, 12:41 PM   #41
TheExile

A WOOKIE JEDI!!!

*Note: Chapter 8 is out!*
[Fic] The war of the ancients, seen through the eyes of one young men, as he walks the road of destiny... The Triumvirates War

TheExile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2008, 03:13 PM   #42
Sgt. Strike
Rookie

Carth and Canderous would make good guardians, as well as Zaalbar. Mission would make a good Sentinel or even Counselor.

*Edit* However, Canderous is Mandalorian, and I think their armor, and rigid thinking would not make for a good Jedi. Maybe a neutral force user might come out of a Mandalorian.

When everything else fails, CHEAT!
Sgt. Strike is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2008, 07:20 PM   #43
Allronix
Forumite

While I have RedHawke's Mission cross-classing mod, and think it's pretty nifty, especially in the light of the Vaos we see in the Legacy series, she's not the one I can make the clearest argument for in regards to cross-classing. If anyone on K1 crew is a closet-Sensitive, it's Carth.

For one, he is able to see and understand Ajunta Pall. All the sources I've been able to pull up state that while droids can read Force Ghosts as off EM fields, sentients have to have a modicum of Force-Sensitivity to perceive them and more than that to actually understand them.

Secondly, he has strange luck. This is a guy who's stumbled into two Jedi coverups (Revan's and Carrick's) and lived to tell the tale. Aside from Revan and Bastila, he's the last survivor of the Endar Spire. Also, the odds of surviving that massacre, getting the last escape pod, sharing it with the amnesiac Dark Lord, crashing in the Upper City, managing a getaway, and finding a dump of an apartment where the landlord's not asking questions...those are all pretty steep. A more disturbing scene that points to possible Force enhancement is on the Leviathan. IIRC, Bastila draws on the Force consciously to withstand the torture cage. With a F!Revan, Carth's subjected to a lot of pain, but Karath comments that it's somewhat strange for someone to withstand so much abuse and stay conscious.

Thirdly? Strange intuition. Some of it is his distrust and paranoia talking, but he turns out to be dead-on about something not being right about your character. He also admits to a female Revan that something's still not right and that the Council is setting her up for a fall. He is also dead-on when telling Revan that s/he'll have to make a choice soon, and that there won't be any going back. If Revan chooses LS, then he stammers out "That was IT, I can feel it!" In K2, if Exile tells Carth that Revan's likely dead, he will insist otherwise, saying he "would know if [Revan] were dead." Wishful thinking, or could there be something behind it?

Speaking of K2, Telos was a place crawling with Sensitives that weren't cut out for the Jedi in one form or another. Now, Dustil DEFINITELY got the Force Sensitivity switched on, but you could just as easily argue it came from Morgana. However, with Carth also being Telosian and the other points above? Maybe the kid didn't get it entirely from Mom's side...

Allronix - KOTOR Filefront Supporter
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/

Please bring your mods. They'll give them a good home!
Allronix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2008, 07:43 PM   #44
Corinthian
Banned

Zaalbar. Why? He doesn't whine. Canderous doesn't either, but Canderous is too awesome to be a Jedi.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2008, 07:48 PM   #45
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allronix View Post
*snip*.
Well stated Allronix. Which is why I voted for Carth. I also voted for Mission since she has a soft spot in my heart.

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2008, 08:10 PM   #46
Revan 411
Forumite

I would train Mission to be a Jedi, and train Mandalore to be a Sith.

Because Mission is suited to be a Jedi, and Mandalore fits the Sith.

Revan 411 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2008, 10:01 PM   #47
Corinthian
Banned

Not really. Mandalore is far too loyal to be a Sith. Sure, his ideals aren't normal, but he'd never betray the Mandalorian people.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:22 AM   #48
Non-false Jedi
Rookie

You can't train non force sensetive people in the ways of the Jedi. Nothing really indicates any of them are.
Non-false Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2008, 01:46 AM   #49
GwannaSauna
Rookie

If I had only one, it would be Canderous. He's just cool. Even if he would be betraying the Ordo clan, the lightsaber and Jedi robe would be a nice touch

You've been... THUNDERSTRUCK!
GwannaSauna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2008, 03:24 AM   #50
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
I already voted as I made mods for them in game to become Jedi/Sith!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2008, 05:17 AM   #51
Allronix
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non-false Jedi View Post
You can't train non force sensetive people in the ways of the Jedi. Nothing really indicates any of them are.
Exactly, which is why I presented a case for the non-Jedi party member that may actually have the capacity.

Granted, I think it would scare Carth immensely if the Jedi aboard the ship staged an intervention. Jolee and Revan would be the only ones crazy enough to suggest doing something about it.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:58 PM   #52
Burnseyy
Forumite

Mission, obviously!
She's probably the most 'jedi' out of the whole of the K1 crew.

"If God is a DJ, then life is a dance floor, love is the rhythm and you are the music."

Burnseyy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-31-2008, 08:41 PM   #53
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Current Game: KOTOR III
Carth's son is a sith, so maybe he is as well. At least he would be the most likely of the four.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-01-2008, 09:48 AM   #54
Darth krunchy
Rookie

Mission would be a cool Jedi.

My diapers have gone over to the dark side.
Darth krunchy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-01-2008, 11:33 AM   #55
Corinthian
Banned

Hm, yes, she might kill herself getting used to her lightsaber. You make a convincing point, krunchy.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:18 PM   #56
Burnseyy
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura View Post
Carth's son is a sith, so maybe he is as well. At least he would be the most likely of the four.
Well, that would be the most logical one.

But if they were all force sensitive, I think Mission would be best, since she's the youngest, and most loyal/eager to stay on the LS.

"If God is a DJ, then life is a dance floor, love is the rhythm and you are the music."

Burnseyy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-01-2008, 12:33 PM   #57
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura View Post
You're probably right, but I don't think he'd realise it.

He'd probably set out to use his powers for good, yet cause terrible suffering due to his unerring loyalty to the Republic, and his hatred of traitors would blur things even more.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-01-2008, 06:49 PM   #58
Allronix
Forumite

Again, I suspect that Mr. Onasi is the likliest prospect for FS (even his Wookieepedia entry brings up the possibility), and consider him lucky to have met my LSF Revan and not my DSM Exile!

But, I do suspect that if it awakens without some kind of training, he is very likely to be a danger to himself with it. There's a lot of rage, suspicion, hostility, and borderline fanaticism that someone like Uthar, Kreia, or my Exile would have a lot of fun with. He is, at his core, a loyal and good fellow, but...

About the only people I could see Carth trusting enough to let help might be Revan, Jolee, Mical, or even Zayne. Out of those four, Jolee would probably be the only one crazy enough to actually try it!

Old 09-01-2008, 06:54 PM   #59
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allronix View Post
Again, I suspect that Mr. Onasi is the likliest prospect for FS (even his Wookieepedia entry brings up the possibility)
The only thing that annoys me with that entry is that it mentions Dustil as a reason for Carth being Force Sensitive - it's been proven in Star Wars that you don't have to have Force Sensitive parents to be sensitive yourself.

It certainly helps, though.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:27 PM   #60
Allronix
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor_Kaine View Post
The only thing that annoys me with that entry is that it mentions Dustil as a reason for Carth being Force Sensitive - it's been proven in Star Wars that you don't have to have Force Sensitive parents to be sensitive yourself.

It certainly helps, though.
Exactly. Dustil could have been a random mutation, and only Gaider knows when it comes to Morgana.

On the intuition, it could be his paranoia and (well-earned) suspicion of the Jedi in play. The weird luck could be due to Revan's presence, and the "chaos magnet" aspect of Zayne. His statement on Lehon and insistence Revan's alive could be hope and wishful thinking.

Being able to see and understand Ajunta Pall? That's pretty much something you can't explain away in a GFFA context. Take that with all of the above, and there's a bit too much coincidence.

Oh, and RedHawke? I still like playing your Mission mod. I tend to give her a double-bladed saber with Mantle of the Force and droid-killer crystals. This makes her totally lethal in the Manaan Sith base! It also makes that Leviathan escape a little more fun.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:06 AM   #61
Saber-Scorpion
Rookie

If it were me i would train them all but then canderous as a jedi wouldn't work but then Canderous as a Sith now that would be AWESOME!! Just think of it a Mandalorian Sith he's already an expert fighter and then combined with the force and a lightsaber now that is deadly fun

My name is to honor the real Saber-Scorpion a great man so here is a link http://www.saber-scorpion.com/

Weapons and tatics change over time,but war the battle of one man against another,for wathever reason always stay the same
Saber-Scorpion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2008, 03:17 AM   #62
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
^^^^
IMHO Canderous can't be a Sith per-se but he makes a great dark jedi.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2008, 01:30 AM   #63
Pwnzor326
Rookie

Current Game: TES III: Morrowind
Zaalbar how awesome would a Jedi Wookie be seriously.
Pwnzor326 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2008, 03:36 AM   #64
Corinthian
Banned

Been done, actually.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:41 AM   #65
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian View Post
Been done, actually.
Although there weren't options to make your allies Jedi in K1, Hanharr (In TSL) wasn't allowed to become a Jedi due to a ruling by George Lucas that there be no more Wookiee Jedi in the EU.

That's not to say that mods shouldn't be made, however .

Old 09-05-2008, 07:01 AM   #66
Tommycat
º¿º>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Mission for sure...
Carth: He was too much like Han.
Canderous: Mandalorian, don't they like have some history of HATING Jedi?
Zalbar: Ever smell burning hair... Wookiees have a lot of hair... Maybe that's why Lucas doesn't like the idea of wookiee Jedi... Lots of hair, and a sword made of plasma.
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2008, 09:49 AM   #67
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Bwuh?

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2008, 12:48 PM   #68
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
What?

The only things those two have in common are pilot skills and Han's brief time in the Empire (soldier).

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2008, 01:08 AM   #69
Tommycat
º¿º>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Whoops... mixing him up with Atton...
I think one of my main reasons for wanting to train Mission is the anoy Bastila reason...
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2008, 11:38 AM   #70
Sidias.R
Rookie

I'd choose Carth, Canderous and Mission - want to let her look a bit like Aayla Secura.
That't it I guess.
Sidias.R is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2008, 07:31 PM   #71
Yar-El
Banned

Current Game: The Witcher
Darth Canderous or Master Canderous. You choose.
Yar-El is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2008, 07:42 PM   #72
DarthVandar205

Wookies cant wear jedi robes (or clothing of any kind for that matter) and with their size and strength they really dont need the force and their bowcasters usually do enough damage anyways so they wouldnt make good jedi. Also I think wookies have a strong connection to their planet/people so that would go against the whole attachment thing and they rarely leave their planet, usually only because of a life debt, theyre exiled or theyre taken as slaves. Besides I dont think that many wookies are actually force sensitive.
DarthVandar205 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2008, 08:30 PM   #73
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Wookies cant wear jedi robes (or clothing of any kind for that matter) and with their size and strength they really dont need the force and
Yeah, anyone who is big and strong can shoot lightning out of his hands and move **** around with their mind and stuff. Nothing special for a wookiee.

Quote:
Besides I dont think that many wookies are actually force sensitive.
What you're forgetting here is that individuals in general are not Force-sensitive most of the time anyway.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

Old 09-08-2008, 11:26 AM   #74
mattig89ch

I choose carth and mission. Carth would be an awsome gardian and mission would make a great counselar or sentinal.
mattig89ch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2008, 03:06 PM   #75
Corinthian
Banned

Atton was pretty much Han's younger, whinier brother. Carth, on the other hand, was nothing but whine.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:27 PM   #76
Sidias.R
Rookie

Quote:
Atton was pretty much Han's younger, whinier brother. Carth, on the other hand, was nothing but whine.
That's correct. But he isn't as stupid and arrogant as Atton, IMO.
Sidias.R is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2008, 11:53 PM   #77
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius

Current Game: KotOR III
Trask Ulgo.
That way, he might've survived Bandon on the Endar Spire

Yes
Rabish Bini is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2008, 08:02 AM   #78
Allronix
Forumite

Quote:
If you like playing DSM Revan, then Carth does gripe a lot. He's a Republic loyalist, and higher up the alignment ladder then the party's Jedi, for crying out loud. Playing LSF, you get a lot more out of the guy. Even if you play LSM, he admits he's been an ass and apologizes.

Atton just creeps me out. "I killed her because I loved her?" Um...yeah. I'll just be going now...

Then again, I'm one of those players who also adores Mission and Juhani, and played K1 Darkside ONCE because I felt a bit ill having to kill half my party.

(Checks out her mods) As a side note, I have SEVEN Jedi in my party by the time I hit Lehon, thanks to mods. Juhani, Jolee, the PC are standard. BoS gives me Matilda. A recruit mod gives me Yuthura or Dustil (I had a way to pick one or the other), I cross-class Mission with Redhawk's Arraj Vao mod, and I cross-class Carth with a mod of my own making.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:03 AM   #79
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Atton just creeps me out. "I killed her because I loved her?" Um...yeah. I'll just be going now...
I personally found Atton less disturbing than Carth.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:53 PM   #80
mattig89ch

We should make a new poll, "Who was the best Jedi recruit?"
mattig89ch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Republic Newsfeed > Which character would you train to be a Jedi?