lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: K1 Enhancement Pack
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-30-2008, 04:29 AM   #81
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Oooh, I like the new look Sunry has. Have you thought of giving him the medal he mentions in-game to top it off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2008, 06:29 AM   #82
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon View Post
Oooh, I like the new look Sunry has. Have you thought of giving him the medal he mentions in-game to top it off?
The medal is probably evidence. I doubt they would give it back to him before the trial is over.

SpaceAlex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2008, 07:09 AM   #83
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
D'oh, you're right. Forgot the Selkath got their hands on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2008, 08:01 AM   #84
jimstrom
Rookie

Wow, Sunry sure looks alot better in uniform, i also like the changes you made to Bendak, and the clothes you gave Helena, however, i don't see much resemblence when i compare Helena and Bastila. If it could be done, how about using Bastilas head, but make it old and wrinkled, then anyone could see the likeness of the mother and the daughter instantly?
jimstrom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2008, 11:45 AM   #85
maugomale
Rookie

Got another nice little suggestion for you SpaceAlex, but I'm not sure you're gonna approve it. How about changing the appearence of another character close to Juhani?

Dak Vesser. He can be found in the Valley of the Dark Lords on Korriban. If you come with Juhani on your party and ask who is he. She will recognize him and later you can ask her about her past relation with him. Problem is Dak, like many other NPCs in the game, uses a generic human head. My idea would be to change it to something more unique, but as soon as you talk to him with Juhani, he leaves Korriban to never be found again, making said change kinda useless.

It's just a little idea, but it's your mod, do it as you see fit. I look forward to seeing the final release! =D
maugomale is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2008, 12:24 PM   #86
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Simply astounding work, SA! I'm officially your fan now.

As I saw the images on the first page, I noticed that you turned Xor into a human, that became clearer as I saw Maugomale's suggestion a few posts after. The radically altered appearances of the duelists on Taris are quite a sight to sore eyes. Your work there (especially with Ice, that seems to have been on Telos for some time, heh) and with the unique Twi'leks are the best so far.

Another NPC I'd like to see changed if you approve is Jagi, the mandalorian that challenges Canderous to a duel at the dunes. Since you're changing side-quests based characters, you might as well do the same with him.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2008, 01:28 PM   #87
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: Destiny, Dragon Age:Inquisit
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
The skin you've done for the new Belaya head is great. I especially like how you've touched up the eyes, and given them more dimension. The DS eyes look amazing

Anyway, I'm glad I could help out with the model. You've got a fantastic mod going here, and I can't wait to see who else you touch up.

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-31-2008, 12:36 AM   #88
Watcher07
Rookie

These look great SA, wish I had more constructive comments beyond a good pat on the back, but man, you're doing a great job. You and Redrob41 nailed the belaya head, looks amazing. Keep up the good work!
Watcher07 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-31-2008, 01:51 AM   #89
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Thanks for the feedback, all of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimstrom View Post
If it could be done, how about using Bastilas head, but make it old and wrinkled, then anyone could see the likeness of the mother and the daughter instantly?
They would look too much alike, I think. Although there are people out there that resemble one of their parents so closely, they are very rare. Most of the time, the child's face is a combination of mother's and father's. Bastila's face could very well resemble her father's more than her mother's. That would explain why she has her mother's personality. A child gets something from each parent.

Not to mention that some people would freak out if they saw old Bastila sitting there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maugomale View Post
Got another nice little suggestion for you SpaceAlex, but I'm not sure you're gonna approve it. How about changing the appearence of another character close to Juhani?

Dak Vesser. He can be found in the Valley of the Dark Lords on Korriban. If you come with Juhani on your party and ask who is he. She will recognize him and later you can ask her about her past relation with him. Problem is Dak, like many other NPCs in the game, uses a generic human head. My idea would be to change it to something more unique, but as soon as you talk to him with Juhani, he leaves Korriban to never be found again, making said change kinda useless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
Another NPC I'd like to see changed if you approve is Jagi, the mandalorian that challenges Canderous to a duel at the dunes. Since you're changing side-quests based characters, you might as well do the same with him.
I was planning to give them both one of the PC faces.

Don't think that's a problem, though. If your main character and one of the NPC's happen to have the same face, the game will automatically replace the head with a backup head who's name (number) you must enter in the appearance.2da. If you don't, the NPC will be without head. The game doesn't allow, under any circumstances, for anyone to have the same head model (with the same name) as your current PC. It's a neat little feature, I must say.

I could still change my mind and give them both an unique face, though. It depends on how lazy I'll be.

Old 08-31-2008, 01:10 PM   #90
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Is there any chance for some unique Selkath models as well?
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-31-2008, 02:48 PM   #91
Pikmin

I was wondering, for the K2 version. There were a few unique heads that were cut, like Hussef on Nar Shaddaa. Also for Fassa could you make a unique skin for his toydarian model, so he doesn't look exactly like Quello when TSLCR is installed?
Pikmin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-31-2008, 03:03 PM   #92
Ferc Kast
Modder

Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Veteran Modder 
All the heads/appearances look very awesome so far; Keep up the good work.

Last edited by Ferc Kast; 08-31-2008 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Misinterpreted above post...
Ferc Kast is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-31-2008, 03:24 PM   #93
Pikmin

Yeah, yeah I know. But I've had that included in TSLCR since January, it's nothing new. I was asking if he was gonna use it.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:30 PM   #94
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Holocron View Post
Is there any chance for some unique Selkath models as well?
Nothing is final yet, but I don't currently have any plans for them. It never really bothered me that they all look the same. Don't know why. Still, I could do a few recolors of the existing textures if you feel that will help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikmin View Post
I was wondering, for the K2 version. There were a few unique heads that were cut, like Hussef on Nar Shaddaa.
Yes, I'm planning to restore them (for completion's sake). So far I have only found Saedhe and Hussef... let me know if there are others
Quote:
Also for Fassa could you make a unique skin for his toydarian model, so he doesn't look exactly like Quello when TSLCR is installed?
Yeah, sure. Initially, I was going to make him a Toydorian and change his skin, but I guess I'll only change his skin now, since you've already done all the rest.

If you'll give me permission, I would like to include the work you've done on Fassa in my mod because I'm planning to make him do more than just stand there and do nothing (especially since he's always complaining how busy he is)... unless you've already done it (or planning to) yourself, of course.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:37 PM   #95
plokoon87
Rookie

Thumbs up Sweet!

SpaceAlex, this mod looks awesome! I was just wondering how is it coming, and when do you think that it will be released?
plokoon87 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2008, 05:49 PM   #96
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by plokoon87 View Post
and when do you think that it will be released?
Not to speak for Alex, but...
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2008, 10:32 PM   #97
Pikmin

@Alex. Sure, I'll send you the stuff in the morning. Saedhe is the guy looking for the sensors right? Doesn't he already have one, It's set in his utc file...
Old 09-03-2008, 02:12 PM   #98
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerGod View Post
Not to speak for Alex, but...
Quote:
SpaceAlex, this mod looks awesome! I was just wondering how is it coming, and when do you think that it will be released?
Trigger's right. I could release this tomorrow if I wanted to, but it wouldn't be as complete as it will be if I release it one month from now. That's how if is with these sort of things.

Quote:
@Alex. Sure, I'll send you the stuff in the morning. Saedhe is the guy looking for the sensors right? Doesn't he already have one, It's set in his utc file...
Yeah, you just have to change his head in the appearance.2da...

Last edited by SpaceAlex; 09-03-2008 at 02:31 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:26 PM   #99
Pikmin

I just want to say I really like ALL the modified appearances for K1, they look great. Esecially Belaya. Are going to alter Dustil's K2 head at all?
Old 09-03-2008, 02:39 PM   #100
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Are going to alter Dustil's K2 head at all?
I don't really have a reason to, do I? I guess I could give him a more "insane" look, but he's not my top priority. I don't even know if I want to see him restored. We'll see...

Old 09-03-2008, 03:07 PM   #101
zbyl2

Contest winner - Modding Veteran Modder 
Pikmin propadly asked because he requested Dustil's head and no one respond to him... Oh, I respond, but no idea why I just stopped making it.

By the way, fassa.dlg usign in TSLCR is my file (I made it looooong time ago and now it's in TSLCR), same with lip synch for fassa, isn't?

Last edited by zbyl2; 09-03-2008 at 03:34 PM.
zbyl2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2008, 03:14 PM   #102
plokoon87
Rookie

Lightbulb

Space Alex, I don't know if you've done these characters yet or not, I'm just making some suggestions. If you have done or are making plans to redo these, ignore my suggestions.

Kebla Yurt, Ignus the Hotel guy on Manaan, Firith Me the Pazaak player on manaan, Gelrood, Garouk, Niklos, Sarna, Zelka Forn. These are just a few NPC's i could think of that have those same old generic faces.

Also, is there any way that you could add some more "generic" heads, just so there is more variety in the common citizenry? Again, if you are already doing that or plan to do it, ignore me.

Thanks for doing this mod. I don't have a clue how to make the models look that good, but from your screenshots, this is going to be a big and successful mod, I rekon probably one of the most popular downloads on KOTORfiles.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:30 PM   #103
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
I have to say that i'm really liking what i'm seeing here.

This is looking like a definite DL for me.

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2008, 04:25 PM   #104
redrob41
Veteran

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
about the Taris duelists

Say, for Gerlon Two-Fingers, are you going to alter the model so that he actually has only two fingers on one hand? As it is in the game, it sounds like he just lost the ability to use them, but they're still attached. Still, it might look cool if his hand was actually mangled.

Also, will you be changing just Bendak's armour, or will the new tga be for every yellow Mandalorian in the game?

They all look great now that they don't wear the exact same combat armour. I like their individual looks. What kind of armour does Deadeye wear?

Old 09-03-2008, 04:32 PM   #105
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbyl2 View Post
By the way, fassa.dlg usign in TSLCR is my file (I made it looooong time ago and now it's in TSLCR), same with lip synch for fassa, isn't?
I see. I'll make sure that you get proper credit for your work, then.

Quote:
Kebla Yurt, Ignus the Hotel guy on Manaan, Firith Me the Pazaak player on manaan, Gelrood, Garouk, Niklos, Sarna, Zelka Forn. These are just a few NPC's i could think of that have those same old generic faces.
Yeah, they're all getting a different look. It may not necessary be an unique look, but you definitely won't meet two or more major NPC's with the same head on one planet.

Quote:
Also, is there any way that you could add some more "generic" heads, just so there is more variety in the common citizenry?
Well, some of heads that were previously restricted to PC only are now used for generic NPC's. This doesn't mean that you could meet your twin brother or sister if you happen to choose the same head that I put on an NPC, however. I explained why a few posts up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrob41 View Post
Say, for Gerlon Two-Fingers, are you going to alter the model so that he actually has only two fingers on one hand? As it is in the game, it sounds like he just lost the ability to use them, but they're still attached. Still, it might look cool if his hand was actually mangled.
I don't know... it never really bothered me that much. Perhaps something could be done with one of the armor's alpha channels...

Quote:
Also, will you be changing just Bendak's armour, or will the new tga be for every yellow Mandalorian in the game?
He's unique. Generic Mandalorians have their own unique look. The screenshot is also on the first page.

Quote:
They all look great now that they don't wear the exact same combat armour. I like their individual looks. What kind of armour does Deadeye wear?
One from the original game. A fairly cheap one.

Last edited by SpaceAlex; 09-03-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:49 PM   #106
JCarter426

Quote:
Say, for Gerlon Two-Fingers, are you going to alter the model so that he actually has only two fingers on one hand?
He actually has a full hand, but three of the fingers are paralyzed. I think it's Marl that explains it.

Oh, and everything is looking great as usual.

JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2008, 04:59 PM   #107
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I didnt get time to check this out till now, but i'm pleased that I did - you've created soem really impressive work here.

I can't wait to see these new faces in high-poly glory!

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2008, 05:03 PM   #108
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarter426 View Post
He actually has a full hand, but three of the fingers are paralyzed. I think it's Marl that explains it.
You're right, I just checked. I had forgotten about that. It's been a while since I actually played the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor_Kaine View Post
I can't wait to see these new faces in high-poly glory!
Well, the new faces don't really have a higher poly count. What they do have is higher resolution textures. You won't meet any of the super low-poly NPC's (they can be seen on almost every planet in Kotor) in the game anymore, though; I've replaced those with "normal" kotor models.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:04 PM   #109
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Wow, I really like all of this stuff, Space Alex! I can't wait for the release!

One thing, though:

Belaya (whose new look I absolutely love, by the way). Is it possible you could give us a choice between two dark side skins, one with and one without "Sith eyes"? I'm kind of a minimalist with it, to be honest. In my game, the only people that have them are the PC should you go dark, Darth Malak, Uthar Wynn and Jorak Uln. I've always believed that they should be reserved for either the really powerful dark siders or really insane dark siders; and having too many "Sith eyes" running around seems redundant to me and sort of waters it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2008, 05:23 PM   #110
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post
Belaya (whose new look I absolutely love, by the way). Is it possible you could give us a choice between two dark side skins, one with and one without "Sith eyes"? I'm kind of a minimalist with it, to be honest. In my game, the only people that have them are the PC should you go dark, Darth Malak, Uthar Wynn and Jorak Uln. I've always believed that they should be reserved for either the really powerful dark siders or really insane dark siders; and having too many "Sith eyes" running around seems redundant to me and sort of waters it down.
I agree with you, except that I consider Belaya to be the really "crazy" darksider. I felt that giving her a full dark side look is appropriate, judging from the way she reacts when you kill her love. When you meet her on Korriban, she's totally insane with grief and anger... far more than any other studens in the Academy.

That's at least what I think. I can still include a version of DS Belaya without the Sith eyes, though. It's not a big deal.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:27 PM   #111
redrob41
Veteran

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Yeah, I just always thought that it would look cool if he was waving his blaster pistol around with only two fingers. Oh well, it's not a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceAlex View Post
One from the original game. A fairly cheap one.
Good ol' Deadeye, he goes for quality all the way

Old 09-03-2008, 06:24 PM   #112
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
I'm blanking. Who the heck is Belaya?!?!?!

That aside, I really like her head. I don't suppose her face could make it into the PC selection...? Probably not. Oh, well, always worth hoping!

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2008, 06:42 PM   #113
Pikmin

She is the Jedi who yells at you for not wearing padawan robes.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:44 PM   #114
JCarter426

AKA Juhani's girlfriend.

Quote:
Yeah, I just always thought that it would look cool if he was waving his blaster pistol around with only two fingers. Oh well, it's not a big deal.
Yeah, I think it would look cool too. Marl's dialogue is really just an excuse the devs made up to explain why they didn't bother to give Gerlon only two fingers.

JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2008, 06:55 PM   #115
Pikmin

I think it could be cut, because some of the other ingame dialog suggests the fingers are gone.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:57 PM   #116
plokoon87
Rookie

Lightbulb

Hey SpaceAlex, I just thought of something else. All the Republic troops have the same face. Any plans to change them? Also the Sith Governer of Taris looks the same as all the dark Sith apprentices with the gold armor. It'd be cool if those guys had different faces from each other too.

I'm just curious, how long does it take to reskin a character, give or take?
Old 09-03-2008, 07:00 PM   #117
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
Quote:
AKA Juhani's girlfriend.
Its getting hawt in here.
Anyways, top notch skinning here. If you ever need some help with some skinning, tell me what you want, send the files to me, and I can help.
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2008, 07:13 PM   #118
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
Quote:
She is the Jedi who yells at you for not wearing padawan robes.

Oh, her! Okay. Query: What's all this about meeting her on Korriban? (I've only played KotOR through three times, still don't have all the side quests.)

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2008, 07:18 PM   #119
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
You meet her on korriban if:

1:you kill juhani
2:Korriban is your first planet outside Dantooine

She's standing near Mekel.

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2008, 07:21 PM   #120
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Long time since I checked up on this. Amazing work, I love all the new skins. Very well done.
Miltiades is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > K1 Enhancement Pack