lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: K1 Enhancement Pack
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-29-2008, 05:29 PM   #201
DarthYuugi
Rookie

Current Game: Jade Empire
i know a person you could do

You know the czerka office girl

her ive saw that head and its not a unique apperance lol

“They find themselves… or find themselves lacking.”

My Mods At Kotorfiles
DarthYuugi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2008, 06:15 PM   #202
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: just modding TSL
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceAlex View Post
That's an interesting proposition. I would do it if you could actually speak to more than two female DJ in the game (maybe there's more, I can't quite recall). I might do something with the males, though; I like the idea.
Will you be editing some of the uti files so that there is more variety in the game? From what I can remember, the Dark Jedi always attack in trios, but they all look the same. Will you be making it so that every time you get attacked by DJ, there is an apprentice, an adept, and a master? Will you be jumped by 2 males, and a female? Basically, are you planning on mixing them up a bit?

The only time I remember there being different appearances, is the three masters late in the game (wearing bright primary colours ). They certainly would benifit from having different skin tones .

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2008, 01:55 AM   #203
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of

Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
I have to say, this mod is looking great. Aside from generic lightsaber hilts (which I'm looking forward to ignoring a little via WOTOR) and Sith Officer Uniforms on the Korriban Academy Students, the only major thing that really bugged me in KotorI was the generic, low quality appearances of a lot of the characters. It was like everyone was born from a set of generic, low quality parents! Should this mod fix that (which I don't doubt in the slightest, you have show that you really, really know what you're doing), then I will be quite grateful to you.

Oh, by the way, I noticed you're reskinning Malak, Bandon, and the Dark Jedi. While the reskins you have are definitely top notch I already have some mods for that lot that I've grown attached to (though I'll probably try these new ones first anyway). I assume that with the same case of Bastila I just have to replace your new skins with the ones I was using after the install?
Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2008, 06:25 AM   #204
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYuugi View Post
i know a person you could do

You know the czerka office girl

her ive saw that head and its not a unique apperance lol
Hmm, do you mean the Protocol Officer on Tatooine? If so, she *is*, in fact, unique. Obsidian reused her head in TSL for Dillan, which I'll be replacing when I start working on the TSL version (which actually shouldn't take as long as this one because TSL is already quite full of unique appearances).

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrob41 View Post
Will you be editing some of the uti files so that there is more variety in the game? From what I can remember, the Dark Jedi always attack in trios, but they all look the same. Will you be making it so that every time you get attacked by DJ, there is an apprentice, an adept, and a master? Will you be jumped by 2 males, and a female? Basically, are you planning on mixing them up a bit?

The only time I remember there being different appearances, is the three masters late in the game (wearing bright primary colours ). They certainly would benifit from having different skin tones .
Yes, I'm definitely planning to do that. Obviously, I will also be making the Masters much tougher than normal DJ. You won't be able to defeat the band that attacks you on Tatooine and Kashyyyk with closed eyes anymore. I don't know how my modifications will affect those that use mods which affect the game's difficulty via scripts, but I believe it won't make things too difficult for them (definitely not tougher than Malak).

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrob41 View Post
They sure would. It takes more than just changing their skin tone, though. The current DJ male face proportions definitely don't match those of a black or asian person. I'm not sure how much can be changed by just editing the texture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger View Post
I have to say, this mod is looking great. Aside from generic lightsaber hilts (which I'm looking forward to ignoring a little via WOTOR)
There are many more excellent hilts available on Kotor Files. It's just that some you will have to manually put into the game. I think it's worth it, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger View Post
Oh, by the way, I noticed you're reskinning Malak, Bandon, and the Dark Jedi. While the reskins you have are definitely top notch I already have some mods for that lot that I've grown attached to (though I'll probably try these new ones first anyway). I assume that with the same case of Bastila I just have to replace your new skins with the ones I was using after the install?
This is a large mod that is consisted of sever smaller mods (aside from NPC Modification Pack, which is pretty huge), and is therefore completely modular. If you don't want to use certain mods, simply don't install them.

SpaceAlex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2008, 12:32 PM   #205
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of

1) [BORING RANT]Yeah well I'll probably have to download KOTOR Save Game editor. I already hate using cheats (because I can already win both game pretty handily) and the only time I used them was in TSL to give my PC a Darth Nihilus robe from a mod. So I'll probably go ahead and get that.[/BORING RANT]

2) Really? Sweet! I love it when modders think along the lines of "customer satisfaction guaranteed".

[BORING RANT]Wow, my ultimate KOTOR I play-through is going to look nice. I'll have WOTOR, a Sith Academy Students mod that gives them Dark Jedi robes, a lost sith on a nameless world, a Darth Malak and Darth Bandon reskin, a Dark Jedi reskin, K1 Enhancement Project, and BOS: Solomon's Revenge.[/BORING RANT]

Okay, I'm done now.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:52 PM   #206
Christos K
Forumite

Nice work with the DJ especially the with that design/logo on them.

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2008, 08:33 PM   #207
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Males are now done aswel, but more of them are coming. I need at least two more Jedi Masters.

Show spoiler

I had to do the males from scratch (nothing was copied from the female versions), so if you notice that they don't totally match their female counterparts, that's why (the females look brighter because I increased the gamma on the SS). Also, it might be difficult to see from the screenshot, but each of them has a bit different facial texture.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:39 PM   #208
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
Hmm, the red male looks a little unfinished to me.

It looks to me that the lines stand out a bit too much, might just be sun light though.

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2008, 08:53 PM   #209
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Payne View Post
Hmm, the red male looks a little unfinished to me.

It looks to me that the lines stand out a bit too much, might just be sun light though.
I'm not quite sure what you mean. They don't stand out any more than on the female.

Anyway, I'll probably darken the lines on both because they currently are a bit too accentuated.

Last edited by SpaceAlex; 12-30-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:02 PM   #210
DarthYuugi
Rookie

May I ask SpaceAlex how you got the Cm_Barremetel Texture( the shiny metal on the Dark jedi)

And i was talking about the tattoine officer

Oh and btw this would be compatable with Tslrp these are just reskins ( I Guess you're adding new lines to you're 2.da to make these new apperances along with editing the utcs am i correct

Oh and keep up the good work on these

My Mods At Kotorfiles
Old 12-31-2008, 01:20 PM   #211
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
Quote:
May I ask SpaceAlex how you got the Cm_Barremetel Texture( the shiny metal on the Dark jedi)
Its made by making a txi file with the line
envmaptexture CM_Baremetal
(made in a text software such as Notebook, and saved as a txi using the save as .* function, saved as the same name as the texture.)

Quote:
Oh and btw this would be compatable with Tslrp these are just reskins ( I Guess you're adding new lines to you're 2.da to make these new apperances along with editing the utcs am i correct
I'd say so, considering this is for K1 and TSLRP is for, well, TSL. :P
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2008, 01:38 PM   #212
Christos K
Forumite

IMO the males look a bit better but I am fine with the females keep up the good work.

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2008, 03:13 PM   #213
Daos300
Rookie

Looks good. Great job on those Dark Jedi!
Daos300 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2008, 06:08 PM   #214
vanir
Forumite

Very much looking forward to this mod. I won't be using all of its modules, but will definitely be loving the ones I do.
Well done!

vanir is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2008, 09:52 PM   #215
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Alright, the DJ and Sith Masters are finished (at least I hope so). As always, you can view the screenshots on the first page (third post).

The males have more DJ appearances than females because there are more of them in the game. As you can see from the screens, only the red Jedi Master (rank 2) appears in the female form. That doesn't mean the females are restricted to only one rank - it simply means that you only encounter the DJ of that rank in the game.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:14 PM   #216
Canderis
Mercenary

Current Game: Skyrim
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I got a little idea for you. You could make all the NPC's playable as pc's. It would be a lot of work though.

Canderis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2008, 10:47 PM   #217
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Wouldn't it be easier to just use the KSE?

My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:52 PM   #218
Canderis
Mercenary

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Payne View Post
Wouldn't it be easier to just use the KSE?
True, but some "not smart" people might not be able to figure it out.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:36 AM   #219
zakske
Rookie

Hmm, it depends on how you would define smart, are you saying that you're not smart if you can't use KSE? That would be pretty ignorant, IMO, but I think you didn't really mean it that way

Anyway, getting all npc's playable would take a lot of time and work indeed, but it would be fantastic in my opinion... I don't like using KSE for it because the portraits don't change... Well, maybe I'm just not smart and am using it the wrong way

I really like your idea Canderis, and I would do it myself if I had the time and experience
zakske is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2009, 08:59 AM   #220
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
spacealex i got another little idea for you make some new planets i'm thinking at least coruscant nar shaddaa tython and yavin 4. also add multiplayer and better graphics. and a jump button. cuz this is all totally within the realm and scope of what you're doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canderis
I got a little idea for you. You could make all the NPC's playable as pc's. It would be a lot of work though.
i second this. i am not able to figure kse out. i mean i have to like download it off a site and navigate a clearly-labeled interface. what bs is this. not smart people would really appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I

Last edited by Emperor Devon; 01-01-2009 at 09:10 AM. Reason: i am a not smart person so i make spelling error :(
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2009, 11:51 AM   #221
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
I'm afraid I just can't keep up with you guys' wishes anymore. I thought the KOTOR community would be happy with what little I have to offer them, but I guess I was wrong. I realize now that I will never be able to satisfy everyone, which was totally my intention.

Guys and gals, it is with greatest joy that I announce the cancellation of this mod to you. As of this moment, the development has stopped and you can expect to never see this mod released. Please, join me in the celebration of this grand moment.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:22 PM   #222
FoolInTheWave
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceAlex View Post
I'm afraid I just can't keep up with you guys' wishes anymore. I thought the KOTOR community would be happy with what little I have to offer them, but I guess I was wrong. I realize now that I will never be able to satisfy everyone, which was totally my intention.

Guys and gals, it is with greatest joy that I announce the cancellation of this mod to you. As of this moment, the development has stopped and you can expect to never see this mod released. Please, join me in the celebration of this grand moment.
That's too bad SpaceAlex, I'm sorry to hear you stopping your mod. I was going to start playing KotOR again after your mod was finished.

One thing you should know as a modder, is you can't satisfy everyone with any mod, it will never happen for any mod that anyone makes. You make the mod, so ultimately you have the choice on what goes into the mod and what stays out.

It's okay to take idea's from the community, but you should only listen to the idea's you like and include them into your mod. It's your mod after all.

Good luck with your future projects.

Error in REALITY.SYS. Run BIG_BANG.EXE (Y/N)?

Are you ready?
FoolInTheWave is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2009, 12:32 PM   #223
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of

God rest you unfinished projects,
let nothing you dismay.
You'll join other big mods like
K2RP this day.

For you modder was expected to provide
the work of Heaven by at least Friday.
Oh, tidings of cancellation and abandonment.
Cancellation and abandonment!
Oh, tidings of cancellation and abandonment.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:43 PM   #224
Canderis
Mercenary

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Please don't cancel this.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:44 PM   #225
zakske
Rookie

Wow, this comes as a shock, are you seriously going to quit working on this? No disrespect, I respect you and your decisions but after all this work, it just seems weird... I hope my previous post isn't one of the reasons...

Well, after this decision of yours: I hope you'll accomplish great things in other things of life, far more important than modding
zakske is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2009, 02:11 PM   #226
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Oh no.

This is terrible news.

Old 01-01-2009, 03:37 PM   #227
Daos300
Rookie

Oh man it's cancelled?

I was just about to suggest you create a part where you back to Dantooine after it's destroyed and meet about 23 new characters there and spend about 2 hours there doing some new quests.
That's not hard right? I mean it would take a lot of scripting, some new modules and appearance.2da's?
Daos300 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2009, 04:02 PM   #228
Jammy-Jedi
Rookie

Ah.. thats a real shame, I was really looking forward to the mod.

This is a story you will tell your grandchildren; and mightily bored they'll be.
Jammy-Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2009, 04:36 PM   #229
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
I think that's about enough sarcasm for one thread.

Thank you all for celebrating with me. It's been fun.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:44 PM   #230
jimstrom
Rookie

Sooooooo many great skins and good ideas, all to a waste, this could have been one of the greatest mods ever, instead it will join the graveyard with all the other great unfinished modding projects.

SpaceAlex i salute you, it was fun as long as it last.
jimstrom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2009, 05:18 PM   #231
DarthYuugi
Rookie

Space Alex im really sorry for you

I Really was looking forward to this

could you do me a favour though

can you send me the belaya head and the dark jedi skins please

thank you

EDIT: Can you PM Me about this please
Thank you

My Mods At Kotorfiles
Old 01-01-2009, 05:21 PM   #232
Admiral Buttercrust
Rookie

Current Game: Saints Row 2
I'm uncertain if you mean it or are joking with us but PLEASE PLEASE don't drop this, you've gotten so far, people are all waiting for it knowing this will be one of the greatest of mods, and I've prepared the confetti already!

I should really try cheesecake someday...
Admiral Buttercrust is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #233
fenix3279
Rookie

Please don't give up on this SA. You've already done so much. It'd be a real shame to see this already amazing mod fall apart now.

I scored high on my drug test
fenix3279 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2009, 05:48 PM   #234
Canderis
Mercenary

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I really don't know why everyone is posting all this stuff about new quests and stuff, this was a NPC modification pack not a super-mod.

Old 01-01-2009, 06:03 PM   #235
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
The fun is over; you can stop now.

That is, unless you are being serious? If so, now would be about the right time to familiarize yourself with the meaning of the word *sarcasm*.

Old 01-01-2009, 06:06 PM   #236
Canderis
Mercenary

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Never scare us like that again But my last post was serious.

Old 01-01-2009, 06:08 PM   #237
jimstrom
Rookie

(Breathes out) You really had me there!
jimstrom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2009, 06:13 PM   #238
fenix3279
Rookie

Ohhhhh... *laughs nervously* Never fooled me for a second...

>_>

<_<

I scored high on my drug test
fenix3279 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2009, 06:17 PM   #239
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by canderis View Post
I really don't know why everyone is posting all this stuff about new quests and stuff, this was a NPC modification pack not a super-mod.
Its a little thing called sarcasm, helping to feed into the joke.

And if you really want the heads for selection... I know you can make skins and make them into heads, well, this time, the skins are already made. All SA is doing is making skins to make some of the horrid skins in K1 better. Nothing more, nothing less.
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2009, 06:34 PM   #240
plokoon87
Rookie

I am planning on reinstalling KOTOR on my computer and replaying it when its relased...that was scary, SA! (whew!)
plokoon87 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > K1 Enhancement Pack