lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: K1 Enhancement Pack
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-01-2009, 11:13 PM   #241
maugomale
Rookie

*takes out chainsaw*

Oh, you're so gonna get it...

Seriously now, you almost gave me a heart attack Alex! I've been looking forward to this mod for a while. Glad to know the thing was a "New Year Fools" prank.

And by the way, nice updates there! Can't wait to see more!
maugomale is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2009, 02:49 AM   #242
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: Destiny, Dragon Age:Inquisit
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Yikes . I take a couple of nights off to be with my fiance, and all these posts are what I come back to? I was certainly relieved when I saw all the comments being more and more sarcastic. Whew.

So, after wiping the sweat off my forehead , I started thinking: what if your Dark Jedi used CM_RedAlt instead of CM_Baremetal. Then I found out that it only exists in TSL, not K1. So, I looked harder and saw one called CM_unwsunset & CM_HawkBaym that looked kinda red. CM_SaberCrys looks kinda cool too. I don't know what they would do in-game , but it might be worth checking out.

I hope you enjoyed your fun SA , 'cause I'm still looking forward to your re-skins .

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2009, 02:55 AM   #243
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Ok folks enough with the off-topic posts... SA had some fun, but managed to derail his thread in the process.

Back on topic folks.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2009, 07:28 AM   #244
DarthYuugi
Rookie

Current Game: Jade Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerGod View Post
I'd say so, considering this is for K1 and TSLRP is for, well, TSL. :P
I Meant when he was going to do the k2 version ( he was worried about compatabilty)

{Snip} What part of back on topic do you people not get? -RH

“They find themselves… or find themselves lacking.”

My Mods At Kotorfiles

Last edited by RedHawke; 01-03-2009 at 02:31 AM.
DarthYuugi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2009, 01:09 PM   #245
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Really, I just saw Devon's sarcastic post and decided to post one as well. I didn't think people would actually take it seriously, since I had made some odd comments in my post (the whole "it's my intention to satisfy all people" and "it is with greatest joy that I announce the cancellation of this mod" thing) that should've made my real intention obvious. Apparently they did not.

But as RH said, we should forget this "incident" and get back on topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrob41 View Post
So, after wiping the sweat off my forehead , I started thinking: what if your Dark Jedi used CM_RedAlt instead of CM_Baremetal. Then I found out that it only exists in TSL, not K1. So, I looked harder and saw one called CM_unwsunset & CM_HawkBaym that looked kinda red. CM_SaberCrys looks kinda cool too. I don't know what they would do in-game , but it might be worth checking out.
I'll check it out, thanks.

EDIT: I checked it out, but it looks weird - like artifacts that you get if your push your graphic card beyond its limits.

Is there a problem with the way CM_Baremetal makes things look, though? I thought it looked fine anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYuugi View Post
I Meant when he was going to do the k2 version ( he was worried about compatabilty)
Unfortunately I'm also changing many of the "onenter" scripts that K2RP also modifies. Since they released the source scripts to the public, I can start working on the mod now without worrying too much about compatibility; I just can't release it before TG is done with their mod because I'll have to include some of their scripts in my mod for full compatibility.

But it's too soon to worry about this now. Let me finish the K1 EP first and worry about K2 later.

Last edited by SpaceAlex; 01-02-2009 at 09:57 PM. Reason: adding... things.
SpaceAlex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2009, 03:54 PM   #246
DarthYuugi
Rookie

I Beg you to send me the Belaya Textures and models

Please please please

i will give you a cookie

My Mods At Kotorfiles
Old 01-02-2009, 04:17 PM   #247
redrob41
Veteran

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceAlex View Post
EDIT: I checked it out, but it looks weird - like artifacts that you get if your push your graphic card beyond its limits.

Is there a problem with the way CM_Baremetal makes things look, though? I thought it looked fine anyway.
No, the CM_Baremetal looks great, I just wondered if there might be another shader that would make the Dark Jedi look really sinister. I thought of the CM_RedAlt (from TSL) because it is really just a very crimson version of the Baremetal. The only way to do it for K1 would be to overwrite one of the other existing CM shaders (I've never done it before, so I don't know which one is a good one to swap).

Old 01-02-2009, 07:13 PM   #248
maugomale
Rookie

Ok then, back on track for in-topic discussion

Alex, I have a compatibility question.

You see, I like to use Prime and Xavier2's Jedi Robe Mod combined with Shem's Prequel Style Robes (so that Prime's model overwrites the one Shem uses, displaying Shem's textures in Prime's model). Will your mod have any conflict with that? If so, are there any methods for me to manually fix it (that is, when your mod gets released ;D)?

Other than that, keep up the good work {Snip} No more about this thanks, it takes the thread off-topic. -RH

Last edited by RedHawke; 01-03-2009 at 02:34 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:47 PM   #249
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
I Beg you to send me the Belaya Textures and models

Please please please

i will give you a cookie
Nah, you'll just have to wait. Why? Because I'm a horrible person and enjoy it when people are having a bad opinion of me.

Kidding. The truth is that I'm not completely satisfied with that skin yet. There are some small details left to add before I start calling it a "final version". Also, if I start sending things around to individuals now, I may as well make it available to everyone. It would've been less work.

Quote:
No, the CM_Baremetal looks great, I just wondered if there might be another shader that would make the Dark Jedi look really sinister. I thought of the CM_RedAlt (from TSL) because it is really just a very crimson version of the Baremetal. The only way to do it for K1 would be to overwrite one of the other existing CM shaders (I've never done it before, so I don't know which one is a good one to swap).
I've tried to do this, but I wasn't really satisfied with the results. I think silver and gold reflective surfaces look better on them to be honest. I did make some changes to the red DJ Master (male and female), but I'm not sure if you'll be able to notice the difference without access to the previous screenshot. Basically the reflective lines stand out less than before.

I also made the DJ novice younger and less evil-looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maugomale View Post
Alex, I have a compatibility question.

You see, I like to use Prime and Xavier2's Jedi Robe Mod combined with Shem's Prequel Style Robes (so that Prime's model overwrites the one Shem uses, displaying Shem's textures in Prime's model). Will your mod have any conflict with that? If so, are there any methods for me to manually fix it (that is, when your mod gets released ;D)?
Sure, I don't see why not. My mod doesn't mess with the default Jedi Robes at all.

I've also uploaded a little teaser screenshot of Dantooine. It's definitely not much, but I hope you can notice the difference between this and the vanilla. It's kind of hard to show all of the little changes with screenshots. I mean, I definitely could, but it would take many SS to show everything ; so I'm only showing my reskins. But there's more to this mod (some things have been done before, some haven't), don't worry.

Old 01-05-2009, 01:02 PM   #250
sBlaze
Lurker

I have to say, this stuff is just brilliant! Just what this game needs.
Good luck mate!

AN EXCUSE FOR HOSPITALITY

Last edited by sBlaze; 01-05-2009 at 02:45 PM.
sBlaze is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2009, 05:44 PM   #251
Christos K
Forumite

lol at first I was gonna be like damn...I requested extra nonsense too But than I read further read and was happy. Keep up the wonderful work SA. Hope to see this as #1 mod soon

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2009, 05:55 PM   #252
Canderis
Mercenary

Current Game: Skyrim
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
It would be really cool if this, BOS, and Kotor: TJM all came out in the same week.

Canderis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2009, 07:02 AM   #253
fenix3279
Rookie

Wow, that's really great work!

SA, I noticed one jedi wearing the KotOR default robes in the Dantooine screenshot. Since the default jedi robes are still there, how did you find the slot space for your new knight/master robes?

I scored high on my drug test
fenix3279 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2009, 01:24 PM   #254
michca
Rookie

Cool Guy

I justed wanted to let you know these new textures for NPCs look great. Looking forward to seeing this released.
michca is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2009, 02:12 PM   #255
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenix3279 View Post
SA, I noticed one jedi wearing the KotOR default robes in the Dantooine screenshot. Since the default jedi robes are still there, how did you find the slot space for your new knight/master robes?
Yeah, I left the default Jedi Robe model alone because there are many great mods out there that replace it. I instead used the class C armor (the weakest of armors) slot. But it only affects the Jedi (I've created new slots for them in appearance.2da) and possibly the player characters if people decide to install that particular part of the mod (I personally never use those armors - they look quite ugly ), so the armor hasn't been completely removed from the game. You will still encounter NPC's wearing it throughout the game (Deadeye for example ).

Last edited by SpaceAlex; 01-06-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:25 PM   #256
plokoon87
Rookie

SA, this mod is looking better and better as time goes on. One quick question: will this mod interfere with BOS at all?
plokoon87 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2009, 07:05 PM   #257
redrob41
Veteran

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
You will still encounter NPC's wearing it throughout the game (Deadeye for example ).
say, you don't have a screenshot of Deadeye with the rest of the Taris Duelists on the first page of the thread. Did you give him a unique armour like the other duelists?

Old 01-06-2009, 07:16 PM   #258
plokoon87
Rookie

Quote:
say, you don't have a screenshot of Deadeye with the rest of the Taris Duelists on the first page of the thread. Did you give him a unique armour like the other duelists?
Well, he did mention the, in his opinion, crappy looking class C armor, and I beleive that is what he means when he said Deadeye would be wearing it. Though I am glad that he is leaving Deadeye with that old armor, he doesn't deserve to have special armor!
Old 01-06-2009, 07:59 PM   #259
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by plokoon87 View Post
One quick question: will this mod interfere with BOS at all?
Only one script is not compatible with it, but I'll be including a compatible version of it once I release this. What will happen once the sequel is released, I'm not sure.

Quote:
Nah, just one of the already existing ones. I figured he's too green to be able to get a hold of an unique armor.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:00 PM   #260
jimstrom
Rookie

Hi Spacalex, i really like your suggestion of turning the Matales into chiss, but now the sandrals look a little bland, any chance of updating Rahasia and Nuriks facial features, and clothes so they look a little more unique?

Also another suggestion, could you update Jagi, Canderous old friend, to wear mandalorian armor? he is a mandalorian after all.

Last edited by jimstrom; 01-06-2009 at 09:31 PM.
jimstrom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2009, 08:14 PM   #261
redrob41
Veteran

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Nah, just one of the already existing ones. I figured he's too green to be able to get a hold of an unique armor.
I wouldn't say he's green. After all, he's one of the oldest duelists there. He's just terrable at it

Old 01-07-2009, 03:28 AM   #262
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimstrom View Post
Hi Spacalex, i really like your suggestion of turning the Matales into chiss, but now the sandrals look a little bland, any chance of updating Rahasia and Nuriks facial features, and clothes so they look a little more unique?
I'm not sure. It's how I imagined them to look - close to how they looked before. Of course, nothing is final before release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimstrom View Post
Also another suggestion, could you update Jagi, Canderous old friend, to wear mandalorian armor? he is a mandalorian after all.
Yeah, he'll be wearing Mand. armor. That has always bothered me as well.

Quote:
I wouldn't say he's green. After all, he's one of the oldest duelists there. He's just terrable at it
He's the oldest, but I don't think it's been mentioned anywhere how long he has been at it. Regardless, since he's always loosing, I don't think he has enough credits to buy himself a shiny new armor.

I do like him, though. He's good for a laugh or two. My favourite is Marl, though; he seems to be the only intellect in there.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:21 AM   #263
redrob41
Veteran

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
since he's always loosing, I don't think he has enough credits to buy himself a shiny new armor.
True enough, but even though he can't afford new armour, you'd think he'd at least paint a logo or his name on his bargain basement combat suit. I was thinking of some kind of target reticule. Deadeye might think that it represents his nickname, but it would actually look like he painted a big target bullseye on himself .

Quote:
I do like him, though. He's good for a laugh or two. My favourite is Marl, though; he seems to be the only intellect in there.
Same here. I always respect Marl's advice in-game because he has a voice like Morgan Freeman. The excellent skin you've made for him is very imposing, yet etched with the wisdom of experience. Now his face looks like it should match his voice really well.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:21 PM   #264
DarthYuugi
Rookie

Hey Space Alex are you changing the people at the murder trial ( The suspects cuz i know you're changing boolok )

Hope all is well with the project

Edit: BTW Space Alex how do you get the shiny CM_Barremetal texture in photoshop ( I Know so its not see through you need to change the envmap )

Is there a tool in photoshop what can add metalic look ?

Combining uneccisary posts. This is what is spam, posting a new post just because someone else posted is spam too, edit your previous post and add to that one. Especially in someones mod WIP thread. -RH

My Mods At Kotorfiles

Last edited by RedHawke; 01-08-2009 at 04:44 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:40 PM   #265
Christos K
Forumite

Yah I would really like a jerk of a face for Rickard and a snotty sort of face for Handon.

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2009, 06:46 PM   #266
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
Quote:
BTW Space Alex how do you get the shiny CM_Barremetal texture in photoshop ( I Know so its not see through you need to change the envmap )

I am in fact working on a tutorial on making an alpha channel, so if you have photoshop, you should be able to follow my tutorial with relative ease (note: Its almost done; look for it by the end of the day)
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2009, 03:07 AM   #267
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
True enough, but even though he can't afford new armour, you'd think he'd at least paint a logo or his name on his bargain basement combat suit. I was thinking of some kind of target reticule. Deadeye might think that it represents his nickname, but it would actually look like he painted a big target bullseye on himself .
Hmm, that's not an entirely bad idea. In fact, the only bad thing about it is trying to come up with an appropriate logo. Maybe something like this emoticon: .

Quote:
Same here. I always respect Marl's advice in-game because he has a voice like Morgan Freeman. The excellent skin you've made for him is very imposing, yet etched with the wisdom of experience. Now his face looks like it should match his voice really well.
He does sound incredibly similar to Freeman, now that you mention it. Quite interesting.

Quote:
Hey Space Alex are you changing the people at the murder trial ( The suspects cuz i know you're changing boolok )
I'm not sure if they'll be getting an unique appearance. I was thinking of giving them one of the selectable PC heads - the fifth Caucasian head for Handon and the fifth Black head for Rickard. Of course, if you select one of those heads for your PC, one of them will appear with a different head (so that you don't meet your twin).

Quote:
BTW Space Alex how do you get the shiny CM_Barremetal texture in photoshop ( I Know so its not see through you need to change the envmap )

Seems like Trigger has you covered.

Last edited by SpaceAlex; 01-08-2009 at 03:17 AM.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:59 PM   #268
GeorgNihilus
Forumite

Red face Wow!

Dammit SA! unbelievable work ...
I'm really interested in the NPC Modification Pack part of the mod specially, talking to same guy/woman so many times even in the same planet is one of the bothering points of this game ...
I suppose you'll add so many new head models ... awesome
Personally I'd prefer "less dark side" eyes for the Matales if you ask me. Some heads as Belaya's or Maton and Eli look really different, excellent. The more different NPCs you can make, the better this mod will be I think.

and by the way, who was Casandra??

TSL Mods
Nar Shaddaa hidden complex http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef..._Complex;91257
Mandalorian camo Armors in-game http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=204159
Telos polar plateau sidequest 1.2 http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=202436

KotOR Mods
A lost sith in a nameless world http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...ss_World;96040
GeorgNihilus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2009, 01:00 AM   #269
fenix3279
Rookie

GeorgNihilus - Personally I'd prefer "less dark side" eyes for the Matales if you ask me

The Chiss were a tall, blue-skinned, red-eyed, near-human civilization from the Unknown Regions. It doesn't make them "dark side." They're supposed to look like that.

see them here
http://www.anakinworld.com/images/en...pece-chiss.jpg

Old 01-09-2009, 12:07 PM   #270
GeorgNihilus
Forumite

Red face Did't know ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenix3279 View Post
The Chiss were a tall, blue-skinned, red-eyed, near-human civilization from the Unknown Regions. It doesn't make them "dark side." They're supposed to look like that.
So Matales were chiss?? no idea, thanks for info, they look anyway ...
I never heard mention of this in any of their dialogs right?

thanks, good modding!

TSL Mods
Nar Shaddaa hidden complex http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef..._Complex;91257
Telos polar plateau sidequest 1.2 http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=202436

KotOR Mods
A lost sith in a nameless world http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...ss_World;96040
Old 01-09-2009, 12:33 PM   #271
darth-me
Rookie

Current Game: Dragon Age: Origins
As far as I know, making them chiss was SA's idea, not mentioned ingame. I might be wrong though.
darth-me is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2009, 07:38 PM   #272
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgNihilus View Post
The more different NPCs you can make, the better this mod will be I think.
I probably won't be making much more than what's already done because, hey, I've got to finish this thing one day. Anyway, there's an update coming in which I'll be showing some new heads, and also some improved existing heads (the eyes have been greatly improved on many).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgNihilus View Post
and by the way, who was Casandra??
Mannan Swoop racer. I wasn't sure if I wanted to give her an unique appearance since she's a pretty minor character, but I was on the roll that day, so I went ahead and bit the bullet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth-me View Post
As far as I know, making them chiss was SA's idea, not mentioned ingame. I might be wrong though.
Yeah, it was my idea. I thought it would bring some more variety to the game. Plus, I think Ahlan is very Chiss-like, personality wise.

Quote:
Show spoiler

Would this do? I've tried to make it as pathetic as possible. At first, I had something complex going it, but it looked too good for Duncan, so I restarted from scratch and came up with this wonderful creation. As awful as this looks, there is some meaning behind this symbol if you look close enough. I doubt that anyone will be impressed by this, though.

Last edited by SpaceAlex; 01-09-2009 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:54 PM   #273
plokoon87
Rookie

I actually like this armor reskin (minus the symbol). It looks like what Vaklu's forces are wearing in the Dxun jungle in TSL, remember?
Old 01-09-2009, 09:17 PM   #274
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of

Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
SpaceAlex, just did a review of all your previews and I have to say I might be looking forward to this mod more than BOS: Solomon's Revenge (*prays that Silveredge9 never reads this* ).

Your reskin of Xor caught my eye more than the others. Did you intentionally make him human instead of Twilek so it would go along with Juhani's experiences with human xenophobia and discrimination or was this a happy coincidence?

Also, am I correct in assuming that the symbol on Duncan's armor is grafiti?
Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2009, 09:45 PM   #275
fenix3279
Rookie

Haha, nice job SA. Duncan's armor is looking pretty good. Wait, not.. really good... bad-good, not good-good(?)... because his armor's of low quali--Ah, you know what I mean.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:03 PM   #276
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger View Post
Your reskin of Xor caught my eye more than the others. Did you intentionally make him human instead of Twilek so it would go along with Juhani's experiences with human xenophobia and discrimination or was this a happy coincidence?
Xor in K1 on the XBox was human, Xor in K1 on the PC was twi'lek, and he didn't like Twi'leks; didn't really make much sense story wise.

And SE, I think that logo is a representation of Deadeye; Its a face, with the eyes x-ed out, or "Deadeye"
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2009, 12:06 AM   #277
GeorgNihilus
Forumite

Cool Guy Got it ...

Quote:
Yeah, it was my idea. I thought it would bring some more variety to the game. Plus, I think Ahlan is very Chiss-like, personality wise.
I agree. Humans must not always be the galaxy's dominant race, or should we?

I can't wait for a download click on this ...

TSL Mods

KotOR Mods
Old 01-10-2009, 01:56 AM   #278
maugomale
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger View Post
I don't want to take credit on anything, but I suggested that Alex changed Xor to a human. A twi'lek that hates aliens doesn't make sense! He would hate himself as well! Also, the fact that Xor is a human in the Xbox version was another reason why I suggested this. :P

I also really liked the fact that Alex changed the Matales into Chisses (did I type that right?). It's got a nice message of how two people can fall in love, even when they are from different species (referring to Shem and Rahashia)

With that said, I shall slap myself to make the cheesyness go away...

*SLAP*
Old 01-10-2009, 03:51 AM   #279
Daos300
Rookie

Hahaha, I'm loving Duncan's new armor. This mod is shaping up very nicely.
Daos300 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2009, 06:17 PM   #280
GeorgNihilus
Forumite

Cool Guy So ...

Quote:
I'm thinking the one with the beard would fit Marl better, but I'm not really sure.
I prefer a bearded Marl too, looks like a member of the Jedi Order "might" be more careful with his personal appearance? poor Marl I'm killing him ...

and what's that mask of the improved heavy armors spoiler?? I want it among my stuff for sure ...

TSL Mods

KotOR Mods
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > K1 Enhancement Pack