lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: K1 Enhancement Pack
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-10-2009, 05:43 PM   #281
DarthYuugi
Rookie

Current Game: Jade Empire
I Like the New Duncan Armour

Anyways sorry if im annoying but SA I Have a question

You said you're replacing the c armour with jedi robes but doesent that have a restriction

How are you going to remove it in baseitems 2da

again sorry if annoying but im curious as ive tryed to do it before and dident know what causes the restriction in Baseitems 2da

“They find themselves… or find themselves lacking.”

My Mods At Kotorfiles
DarthYuugi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2009, 07:57 PM   #282
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
First of all, I should mention that the base texture for Duncan's armor was already in the game, though I'm not sure if you can get that armor through normal play through. I thought it looked nice on Duncan, so I used it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerGod View Post
And SE, I think that logo is a representation of Deadeye; Its a face, with the eyes x-ed out, or "Deadeye"
That's it! Congratulations, your reward is a Cheese Cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgNihilus View Post
and what's that mask of the improved heavy armors spoiler?? I want it among my stuff for sure ...
I could be wrong, but I think it's from the Weapons of the Old Republic mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYuugi View Post
You said you're replacing the c armour with jedi robes but doesent that have a restriction

How are you going to remove it in baseitems 2da
In baseitems.2da, I just changed the fields under the itemtype and bodywar columns for the Jedi Knight/Master robes (there is already an entry there) to that of the Class C armor. This instructs the game that the new Jedi robes are where the Class C armors are in the appearance.2da.

Anyway, it's time for an update. I've updated quite a few skins, and also made some new ones. You can, as always, view my lovely creations on the first page (if the screens don't update for you, make sure to clear your browser history... alternatively, you could also keep refreshing this page until the new SS finally show). Additionally, you can view the previous screenshots here if you want to see what was improved.

A quick rundown of changes and additions can be found below. First, the changes:

- Sunry: Yup, I've improved this skin once again (can't seem to get enough of it ) - the eyes and the beard were both improved. If you're interested, you can view the very first version of Sunry here (quite a change, eh?).

- Belaya: It may be difficult to see the changes, but they're there. Basically the face has a bit more texture to it.

- Nemo: improved eyes and different clothes.

- Helena: not much, just improved eyes.

- Jon: Some major changes on this one. I think it looks far better than before. He's still a Zeltron, but now he actually looks decent. Make sure to check the old version of him here, and compare it to the new one.

- Male Twi'lek's: 3 more generic heads were added, which means there are a total of 13 new generic male Twi'leks (excluding the unique appearances) in the game now, compared to 2 (green and orange) in the unmodded game. Also, I apologize for the incredibly wide SS.

- Mandalorians: fancier screenshot (had to do it... I'm anal ).

- PFHC01 PC head: It seems that most are more interested in the new Belaya's head, which was based on this one; nevertheless, I continue to improve the skin for the original head model (it's still my favourite head for Revan [if I play as a female]). The skin has been improved similarly to Belaya's.

Now for the additions:

- Tanis: At first, I thought he already had an unique appearance (there's even an entry for him in the appearance.2da), but I later realized that he has one of the generic NPC heads, which was simply not used as often as the rest. Because of this, I've decided to give him an actual unique appearance. I hope you'll like it.

- More commoners: this adds 8 new generic heads (4 male and 4 female) into the game. The head textures for the NPC's in Czerka clothes were already in the game, but they were not use. The rest are new. I really like the males (the beards and all), but I'm not so proud of the females; I would've given them beards if I could.

I think that's about all. Until next time...

Last edited by SpaceAlex; 01-10-2009 at 08:23 PM.
SpaceAlex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2009, 08:13 PM   #283
DarthYuugi
Rookie

What i mean is not changing the UTI To read the apperance 2da but removing the no force power restriction on the class c armour

Sorry to be a bother

Cya
-DarthYugi

My Mods At Kotorfiles
Old 01-10-2009, 08:39 PM   #284
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
What i mean is not changing the UTI To read the apperance 2da but removing the no force power restriction on the class c armour

Sorry to be a bother

Cya
-DarthYugi
Oh, right. Sorry, things sometimes get a little cloudy when you're older. Anyway, you have to look into spells.2da. For each force power that is restricted by armor, you have to change the value under the "forbiditemmask" column from "0x003f" to "0x0000". That'll remove all restrictions.

Force Powers restricted by armor is a stupid feature, which makes no sense whatsoever, so I removed it. The only Force powers that should be restricted are Force Lightning and perhaps Force Speed, and even those should only be restricted for armors made entirely of metal. If the gauntlets are made of fabric (which they are in KOTOR, if I'm not mistaken), Force Lightning should not be restricted, even if the rest of the armor is covered in metal.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Last edited by SpaceAlex; 01-10-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:26 PM   #285
Daos300
Rookie

Very nice. Speaking of Weapons of the Old Republic I assume this will be compatable?
Daos300 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2009, 09:27 PM   #286
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of

Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
I just looked at all the updates. SpaceAlex you are amazing!

Btw, are you planning on doing reskins for Elena (Sunry's wife) and Firith Me (the pazaak player from the trial)? Granted I want to install this mod ASAP, but the generic appearance of those two annoys the hell out of me.
Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2009, 09:43 PM   #287
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daos300 View Post
Very nice. Speaking of Weapons of the Old Republic I assume this will be compatable?
Naturally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger View Post
Btw, are you planning on doing reskins for Elena (Sunry's wife) and Firith Me (the pazaak player from the trial)? Granted I want to install this mod ASAP, but the generic appearance of those two annoys the hell out of me.
They'll be getting a different appearance. They won't necessary have unique heads, but they also won't have one of those that can be seen on every corner. In fact, those heads that are very common now won't appear nearly as often with my mod installed, so even if I would've kept their faces, it probably wouldn't bother you.

Old 01-11-2009, 01:48 AM   #288
fenix3279
Rookie

I almost shed a tear after looking at the updates. No joke. Simply EXCELLENT work, SA!

I scored high on my drug test
fenix3279 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2009, 08:57 AM   #289
DarthYuugi
Rookie

Thanks space alex

Does that also remove the dexerty restriction ?

Thanks again

-DarthYugi

My Mods At Kotorfiles
Old 01-11-2009, 11:23 AM   #290
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of

Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
Thank you, though to be honest Elena's head is annoying even when not seen.

Btw, I like what you did with Tanis. He's one of my favorite unimportant characters in the game ("Oh, it's probably about me not adhering to some archaic rules of conduct", that makes me laugh every time), so I'm glad he'll get a more individual look.
Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2009, 02:31 PM   #291
GeorgNihilus
Forumite

Current Game: Skyrim
Wink OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceAlex View Post
I could be wrong, but I think it's from the Weapons of the Old Republic mod.
You weren't wrong. Thanks. Awesome mod that one now I recall. But this will be even better you know SA ... hope T7nowhere, Svösh & Mono_Giganto are not reading this ha ha!

good modding!

TSL Mods
Nar Shaddaa hidden complex http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef..._Complex;91257
Mandalorian camo Armors in-game http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=204159
Telos polar plateau sidequest 1.2 http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=202436

KotOR Mods
A lost sith in a nameless world http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...ss_World;96040
GeorgNihilus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2009, 02:57 PM   #292
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: just modding TSL
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Show spoiler

Would this do? I've tried to make it as pathetic as possible. At first, I had something complex going it, but it looked too good for Duncan, so I restarted from scratch and came up with this wonderful creation. As awful as this looks, there is some meaning behind this symbol if you look close enough. I doubt that anyone will be impressed by this, though.
That's awesome ! He looks like he drew it with a crayon pointed out the bottom of his fist . Plus, only Deadeye would think that wearing brown camouflage to an urban dueling ring (which is mostly blue), would work to his advantage . The only question I have is: does he also have another face with deadeyes on his back, or is there a target painted there?

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2009, 03:45 PM   #293
Salzella
areiK

Current Game: Portal, Half-Life 2.
Quote:
- Mandalorians: fancier screenshot (had to do it... I'm anal ).
lol
Quote:
- More commoners: this adds 8 new generic heads (4 male and 4 female) into the game. The head textures for the NPC's in Czerka clothes were already in the game, but they were not use. The rest are new. I really like the males (the beards and all), but I'm not so proud of the females; I would've given them beards if I could.
I also love the males - playable perhaps? i hate to restart the whole 'is this possible' tangent, but dayummm. the second especially is amazing - looks like Obi-wan

keep up the awesome work. i'm tempted to ask for a release date, but the answer is as predictable as it is understandable so i'll keep schtum
Salzella is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2009, 03:57 PM   #294
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
I can promise you this SA, i'm never going to play the game again without this mod installed.

Btw, isn't the first new female head on the left used on one of the infected outcasts you encounter when you open the gate to the infected? It looks familiar.

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2009, 04:58 PM   #295
jimstrom
Rookie

great work this far spacealex, i assure you that this mod will become one of my favourites.

However, i've got a request, since you gave Malak a new look, how about giving Saul a new look too, since you are very good with beards, how about giving saul a beard, this would make him look more sinister.
jimstrom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2009, 08:03 PM   #296
LeatherValkyrie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimstrom View Post
great work this far spacealex, i assure you that this mod will become one of my favourites.

However, i've got a request, since you gave Malak a new look, how about giving Saul a new look too, since you are very good with beards, how about giving saul a beard, this would make him look more sinister.
Dooku-esque beard?

There is no spork.
LeatherValkyrie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2009, 11:27 PM   #297
plokoon87
Rookie

I agree. Admiral Karath would look much better with a beard.

SpaceAlex, like Darth Payne, I am never going to start this game again and do a play thru the right way with out your mod. I'll have fun with it (KSE is a nice tool) and tinker with a few lame savegames I have, but once this comes out, KOTOR will be like the 1997 release of the Original Trilogy - SPECIAL EDITION! Can't wait. Well actually I can, it is just a game, but it's such a fun game and you have MAD MODDING SKILLS!
plokoon87 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2009, 11:39 PM   #298
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
I disagree on changing Saul Karath's unique appearance.

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2009, 08:11 AM   #299
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Thanks all. Though some of you are a little too generous, I think. This is hardly one of the best mods out there.

Regarding Saul, I'm satisfied with his current face; I'm unlikely to change it.

Quote:

Does that also remove the dexerty restriction ?
No, that's in baseitems.2da. Look under the "baseac" column and set it to 0. You may also set the "dexbonus" to the value of your liking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrob41 View Post
The only question I have is: does he also have another face with deadeyes on his back, or is there a target painted there?
Hmm, you mean someone painted it on his back when he wasn't looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Payne View Post
Btw, isn't the first new female head on the left used on one of the infected outcasts you encounter when you open the gate to the infected? It looks familiar.
It might be the same model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salzella View Post
I also love the males - playable perhaps? i hate to restart the whole 'is this possible' tangent, but dayummm. the second especially is amazing - looks like Obi-wan
Well, you could also make it playable yourself once I release this. It isn't hard.

Last edited by SpaceAlex; 01-12-2009 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:56 PM   #300
Salzella
areiK

Current Game: Portal, Half-Life 2.
not hard for you maybe my modding knowledge is pretty much non-existent. there's also the fact that the easiest method of making them playable would probably end up with a load of clones running around the place. undesirable
Salzella is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2009, 11:30 AM   #301
DarthYuugi
Rookie

HUH

How dare you say This isent gonna be one of the best mods

This Pretty much PWNS most mods

Im definatly voting this mod of year next Year

My Mods At Kotorfiles
Old 01-13-2009, 12:39 PM   #302
fenix3279
Rookie

Quote:
HUH

How dare you say This isent gonna be one of the best mods

This Pretty much PWNS most mods

Im definatly voting this mod of year next Year
Same here. I wholeheartedly agree.

I scored high on my drug test
fenix3279 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2009, 03:57 PM   #303
DarthYuugi
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenix3279 View Post
Same here. I wholeheartedly agree.
I Dont think SpaceAlex Knows how good a skinner he is

To the mod itself it fixes one of the games annoying bugs of talking to the same person 300 + times in the game

Keep it up SA

My Mods At Kotorfiles
Old 01-16-2009, 04:30 PM   #304
plokoon87
Rookie

Lightbulb Just am idea...

SpaceAlex, you by no means have to fulfill this little wish if you don't have the time. I know that you are swamped with this project, but I just had a smashing idea.
I was playin KOTOR, and when I went into the bar on Taris (upper city), I notice there is no bartender. Is it possible to throw a bartender behind the counter? Also, some more glasses on the counter possibly? Just an idea to make the cantina a little more aesthetically realistic.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:48 PM   #305
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
Hey SpaceAlex?

Are you by any chance going to give Gana Lavin a new face?

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2009, 10:33 PM   #306
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by plokoon87 View Post
SpaceAlex, you by no means have to fulfill this little wish if you don't have the time. I know that you are swamped with this project, but I just had a smashing idea.
I was playin KOTOR, and when I went into the bar on Taris (upper city), I notice there is no bartender. Is it possible to throw a bartender behind the counter? Also, some more glasses on the counter possibly? Just an idea to make the cantina a little more aesthetically realistic.
As you command :

Show spoiler

Yes, I know, a Twi'lek working as a bartender in the Upper City is probably not something the spoiled citizens of Taris would want to see, but if I wanted to give the bartender some dialog (I always wanted to try some Tarisian ale ), that's what I had to do, since my current budget doesn't allow me to hire professional voice actors But no need to worry; when I was writing her dialog, I kept the fact that Tarisians don't like aliens in mind, so if you question her long enough (or piss her off), it'll be revealed to you that she's not exactly the happiest person on Taris.

Also, I have noticed, there's no bartender in the Lower City cantina either. I'm thinking of placing Chadra-Fan in there, but I'm still waiting for KFiles to approve the CF sound files before I do anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Payne View Post
Hey SpaceAlex?

Are you by any chance going to give Gana Lavin a new face?
Not an unique one, but I am changing it.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:43 PM   #307
plokoon87
Rookie

NICE! Just out of curiosity, how long does it take to place npc's and objects in a module? How do you do it?

One more thing: this mod is going to be compatible with Sithspectre's Sleheyron Restoration Mod right? Or have you thought that far ahead lol?
Old 01-19-2009, 10:44 PM   #308
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Current Game: AssassinsCreed,kotor
Hot Topic Starter 
Nice job SA. I'm looking forward to this mod . Just wondering how did you get the whereami for that bartender? The only way I could think on how to do it besides guesing, is delete the walkmesh. Is that what you did?

I hope KF approves the CF sounds(and the gran ones) I'm hoping to use both as well.

EDIT: Plokoon, he probably used a spawn script, if not he edited the git files.

EDIT2: I dont see why not....TSL Patcher.

Last edited by HK-42; 01-19-2009 at 11:14 PM.
HK-42 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2009, 10:54 PM   #309
plokoon87
Rookie

Hey SA, I'm not trying to be a wrench in your gears, but since you can do that with the bartender, I was wondering if you know how to script the game so the people in the cantina actually sit at the tables, you know in the main room of the cantina. I don't get why when you walk into the cantinas on any planet, everynody is standing up. One would think that being that a cantina is a place to relax, everyone would sit down and take a breather.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:58 PM   #310
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Hey SA, I'm not trying to be a wrench in your gears, but since you can do that with the bartender, I was wondering if you know how to script the game so the people in the cantina actually sit at the tables, you know in the main room of the cantina. I don't get why when you walk into the cantinas on any planet, everynody is standing up. One would think that being that a cantina is a place to relax, everyone would sit down and take a breather.
It seems the sitting animation dosen't exist. It is marked out in the nwscript. The sitting people in some places are just part of a placeable. So I don't think it is possible, but it might be.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:08 PM   #311
plokoon87
Rookie

Something else that I just randomly thought of: why not make Zelka's hospital full of stuff, like more computer moniters, random stuff on his table, have a person in the room holding their side waiting for treatment (the wounded stance); make it look like he is as busy as he says he is.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:17 PM   #312
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK-42 View Post
Nice job SA. I'm looking forward to this mod . Just wondering how did you get the whereami for that bartender? The only way I could think on how to do it besides guesing, is delete the walkmesh. Is that what you did?
I guessed. It wasn't hard at all; all I did was run the "whereami" command as close to the counter as possible. After that, it was simply a matter of guessing the right coordinates for the area inside the counter. I succeeded on my first try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK-42 View Post
EDIT: Plokoon, he probably used a spawn script, if not he edited the git files.
Yeah, I created a spawn script.

Quote:
Something else that I just randomly thought of: why not make Zelka's hospital full of stuff, like more computer moniters, random stuff on his table, have a person in the room holding their side waiting for treatment (the wounded stance); make it look like he is as busy as he says he is.
We'll see about that.

As for the sitting animation, it's not there for normal NPC's. The NPC's that you see sitting act as normal objects (boxes, glasses...) to which you can apply a sitting animation.

TSL, on the other hand, allows you to apply a sitting animation to an NPC (as is demonstrated in the Onderon cantina); so expect to see many sitting NPC's in my K2 EM.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:20 PM   #313
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
K2 EM
Ooo. That game really needs that.

Can't wait.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:43 AM   #314
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
I've made a few tweaks to Zelka's Medical facility (3 computer panels, 3 lockers by the beds, made both the droid and Zelka "busy"). The place looks much more homey now.

Show spoiler

There are no patients because of the hidden Republic soldiers in the Kolto tank, which you can discover if you have a high enough security or persuade skill. It would've been too much work to get the patients to react to it.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:28 AM   #315
Gargoyle King
Veteran

Quote:
There are no patients because of the hidden Republic soldiers in the Kolto tank, which you can discover if you have a high enough security or persuade skill.
Lol, or just bash it down with your trusty vibroblade - much easier!

This is getting much better with every update, very impressive work here SA.
Gargoyle King is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2009, 10:35 AM   #316
plokoon87
Rookie

Very nice work on the medbay. lookin good!
Old 01-20-2009, 12:59 PM   #317
darth-me
Rookie

Current Game: Dragon Age: Origins
Wow SA! This looks amazing. I'm holding off playing through both games until quite a few of the mods I've seen are out, and this is definately one of them!
darth-me is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2009, 01:37 PM   #318
Christos K
Forumite

Nice work keep it up. #1 mod SA

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2009, 06:56 PM   #319
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
I've made some changes to the Chadra-Fan. It's not much, but I think it looks a bit better.

Show spoiler

The updated version is on the left, in case you couldn't tell.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:03 PM   #320
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: just modding TSL
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
He (or she) certainly looks furrier now. I want to pat him on the head . The extra textures sure do add a lot of depth and believability.

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > K1 Enhancement Pack