Well, to say the least, it's been a while since I posted here (well only a year or so, not that bad I suppose). Anyway, I thought I'd make a minor entrance with my return in the form of a mod.
Read me :
TREX'S POCKET PLANE - KOTOR II VERSION
Remember Baldur's Gate : Throne of Bhaal? Well if you don't, there was this very handy area named a pocket plane which you could warp to any time.
Inside was a little butler named cespenar who could help you out with items and the plot. There were a few plot points here as well, but it was
mainly a place to warp to, rest, and recouperate.
This mod is intended as someting similiar, but for the game Knights of the Old Republic II : The Sith Lords.
The origional purpose was to test out total conversion mods. Within the module, you can set various aspects of your character and team,
then enter the game as it intends you do, rather than having to play through the entire game up to a certain point to see if it works properly.
It can clearly also be used for fun though.
This mod will replace the opening scene of T3-M4 repairing the Ebon Hawk. It includes the following.
- EIGHT CUSTOMIZATION DROIDS.
Through basic dialogs, these can; - Set your Current level by giving you XP.
- Give you credits.
- Add any party members at any time. This includes overriding them i.e. If you recruit Mira 'naturally' in the game,
you can return to the plane and replace her with Hanharr.
- Change your appearance to any of the Male PCs mid game.
- Change your appearance to any of the Female PCs mid game.
- Change your appearence to a number unique characters mid game, including Sion, Revan, Malak, Bastila & Nihilus.
- Give yourself light side points.
- Give yourself dark side points.
- FIVE CRATES.
These contain various items for the game, including lightsabers, blasters, robes, armors, medpacks & weapon upgrades.
- TWO BENCHES
One workbench, one lab station.
- ONE ASTROMECH DROID
This droid will give you a pocket plane warp band, which you can equip and activate to return to the Pocket Plane at any point in game.
- CESPENAR JR.
This Toydarian can; - Explain more thoroughly how the Pocket Plane works.
- Warp you to various planets and locations throughout the game.
- Give you more Pocket Plane warp bands.
- Insult you.
IMPORTANT NOTES :
- ALTHOUGH THIS MOD OFFERS YOU THE CHANCE TO APPEAR AS BASTILA, THE GAME TSL DOES NOT INCLUDE HER UNDERWEAR MODEL. IF YOU PLAY AS BASTILA, THE
GAME WILL CRASH AS SOON AS YOU REMOVE HER CLOTHES. IT IS POSSIBLE FOR ME TO CORRECT THIS, BUT IT WOULD MEAN THAT THIS MOD WOULD BE INCOMPATIBLE
WITH ANY OTHER MOD WHICH ALTERS APPEARANCES.
- THE STORYLINE OF THE GAME TSL, IS SET THROUGH THINGS CALLED BOOLEANS. IF YOU WARP PAST THE POINT (STORYLINE WISE) WHERE THIS BOOLEAN IS 'SET',
IT WILL NOT REGISTER IN THE GAME THAT THE EARLIER EVENT HAS HAPPENED. IF YOU USE CESPENAR'S WARP ABILITY, I CAN ONLY RECOMMEND IT FOR A CASUAL
PLAY THROUGH WHERE YOU DON'T EVEN CARE IF YOU FINISH, OR TO WARP BACK TO WHERE YOU JUST WERE.
THE BEST PLACE TO WARP TO THE POCKET PLANE FROM WOULD PROBABLY BE THE EBON HAWK, OR THE START OF ANY PLANET (INCLUDING MALACHOR AND THE RAVAGER).
- PLAYING THROUGH BOTH PERAGUS AND TELOS WITH CHARACTERS YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE YET MAY CAUSE THE GAME TO FUNCTION INCORRECTLY.
- THIS MOD SHOULD BE FULLY COMPATIBLE WITH ANY 'SKIP LEVEL' MODS AND THE WHEREAMI ARMBAND. THERE SHOULD ALSO BE NO INCOMPATIBILITY ISSUES WITH ANY OTHERS, BAR THOSE WHICH USE CUSTOM FORCE POWERS.
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS :
- Extract the file 001EBO to your Modules folder. This is normally C:Programfiles/Lucasarts/SWKotOR2/Modules.
- Extract everything else in your override folder. This is normally C:Programfiles/Lucasarts/SWKotOR2/Override.
TO UNINSTALL :
- Delete the following files : 001EBO
I've submitted the mod to Lucasfiles, so I'm waiting for their thumbs up to host it. In the meantime, you can get it from my own website :
Kotor files link : http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...et_Plane;91588