lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Which Exile?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-02-2008, 07:37 PM   #41
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Man_2423 View Post
What were you expecting from the romance scenes?
I wouldn't ask questions we don't want the answer too

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2008, 09:51 PM   #42
luckyariot
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Man_2423
What were you expecting from the romance scenes?
Nothing much, to tell you the truth. But it still seems like Bastila falls for a male Revan for absolutely no reason whatsoever, DS or LS. And she knew you were a former Sith Lord who (directly or indirectly) slaughtered millions. Carth also recovered a little faster from that reveal then I thought he would, yet at least his feelings for a female Revan develop over time. You can still act like a jerk around Bastila as a male the whole game and she'll like you... Am I the only one thinking that seems a little off?

Oh, and sorry for blaming LA, who approving it. Should I blame Bioware, the writers, or both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin`
Who?
Actually, Brianna in most cases, though Mical is a good Jedi in gameplay. Brianna's backstory was more fleshed out, as a romance interest she was slightly less stalker-ish... if only slightly (), and her voice didn't make me want to turn off the volume.

I only enjoyed Mical's topics of conversation concerning the Jedi Civil War, Revan, and the Force, and I was pretty accepting of him compared to some on these boards. Some who really want the DS Atton kills Mical scene back in the game... Dear Force! They're coming! HIDE ME!!!!!!!!! FAN-GIRLS!!!!! AAAAGGGHHHH!!!!! *dies a horrible slasher-fic death*
luckyariot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2008, 10:29 PM   #43
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyariot View Post
Actually, Brianna in most cases, though Mical is a good Jedi in gameplay. Brianna's backstory was more fleshed out, as a romance interest she was slightly less stalker-ish... if only slightly (), and her voice didn't make me want to turn off the volume.
Exactly! I blame Mical for getting me into the habit of playing with the volume off...

Quote:
I only enjoyed Mical's topics of conversation concerning the Jedi Civil War, Revan, and the Force, and I was pretty accepting of him compared to some on these boards.
I got pretty sick of all his history stuff after a while. Never could get any more dialog options up...

Quote:
Some really want the DS Atton kills Mical scene back in the game...
I want that scene! That would be insanely fun!

Quote:
Dear Force! They're coming! HIDE ME!!!!!!!!! FAN-GIRLS!!!!! AAAAGGGHHHH!!!!! *dies a horrible slasher-fic death*
LOL!!!!!

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2008, 08:23 AM   #44
Saber-Scorpion
Rookie

well what can i say i have not played female in any game where i can choose so that means i haven't even looked at the faces for females i am also not obsessed with revan but he is my favourite SW charater well anyways i don't think much of cannon so in my universe both Revan and The Exile are male

My name is to honor the real Saber-Scorpion a great man so here is a link http://www.saber-scorpion.com/

Weapons and tatics change over time,but war the battle of one man against another,for wathever reason always stay the same
Saber-Scorpion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2008, 05:03 PM   #45
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
See, this is interesting. For Revan, I have always used the guy with long hair because his face has become solidified as the Revan in my mind. For the Exile, I haven't really settled on any one face yet. I've played around with several, including some fan-made skins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2008, 11:25 PM   #46
Yar-El
Banned

Current Game: The Witcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post
See, this is interesting. For Revan, I have always used the guy with long hair because his face has become solidified as the Revan in my mind. For the Exile, I haven't really settled on any one face yet. I've played around with several, including some fan-made skins.
We may end up learning that they look entirely different from whats in game.
Yar-El is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2008, 03:47 PM   #47
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
If you're referring to the comic series, I certainly hope not. Providing canonical faces from Revan and the Exile will be the worst thing they could possibly do. Many avid Star Wars fans will feel obligated to view the characters in this light, thus ruining the feeling that their in-game counterparts are your characters. They've already restricted this feeling enough by canonizing their genders and alignments.

See, the point of these characters is that they are so obscure that they could have been anybody. That's where a lot of the appeal comes from. KOTOR 2, unlike the games in the Jedi Knight series, does not presuppose that the player chose the light side ending in order to continue the story. It works along either path, which is where the appeal comes in that anything could have happened. Canonizing the light side ending to the first game ruined this appeal for many people, myself included.

While I accept these decisions as official canon, I can't say I like them. LucasArts should have let it all remain a big mystery. Mystery is good sometimes. It keeps things interesting. Not everything needs to be answered. Good examples of this are Yoda's and Palpatine's pasts, as well as the mystery surrounding Anakin's conception.

Anyway, in a roundabout way of saying it: I vote "no" to giving Revan and the Exile canonical faces.

Quote:
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Old 09-24-2008, 03:50 PM   #48
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Current Game: Mass Effect 3
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I think they've already canonized Revan's face. Or they've at least mentioned which one they intended to be the real Revan.

Inyri is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2008, 05:08 PM   #49
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Really? Can you tell me where I may find this information?

If that's true, at least they're going with an already-existing face. I might forgive them if it's "Mullet Man."

Also, is the "they" you speak of Dark Horse Comics, in reference to future appearances in upcoming issues?

Quote:
Old 09-24-2008, 05:09 PM   #50
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Current Game: Mass Effect 3
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I think it is, but I don't care that much so I haven't bothered making up a reference list. I've simply come across various different threads here over the last few years that have made such claims.

Inyri is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2008, 06:49 PM   #51
LadyVader1986
Lurker

Quote:
I always choose 14 for a couple of reasons. #1 is that it actually looks serious enough to be a former general and Jedi, #2 because I always get ticked off that every main character (usually the Jedi ones) ends up being a caucasion (sp?). Is it that hard to get some diversity with our main heroes/heroines?
I agree. Thats why I always choose head number 2 or 5. They are my favorite heads, and I also think they are the prettiest heads. The rest of them look weird or look like men. But it would be nice if the Exile was actually ethnic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7 View Post
This is why my Revan is a black woman - she breaks the mould in every way possible
Mine too. It's the pretty one with the loose hair. I like her because she's the only female Revan model that doesn't look like a dude.

Last edited by RedHawke; 09-24-2008 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Combined DP...
LadyVader1986 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2008, 06:29 AM   #52
The Betrayer
Forumite

Current Game: The Godfather II
Helpful! 
10 for LS and DS.

OMNIA MUTANTUR NIHIL INTERIT.
The Betrayer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2008, 05:24 AM   #53
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

when i play k1 or k2, i just cant seem to play it any other way than the ones i did the first time i played. the heads i chose then have completely associated themselves in my mind with the characters. like when i read fanfics, i picture those heads. i always play as #12. i never thought she looked like atris... shock1
i just cant choose another head when i play. for me its like taking some random person and calling them <insert favorite franchise character her> yknow?
anyone else have that?

EDIT:

its also great when you find artwork of your fave head:
check out aimo's deviantart page:http://aimo.deviantart.com/
i love her kotor art

mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.

Last edited by ChAiNz.2da; 09-26-2008 at 06:08 AM. Reason: combined double-post
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2008, 06:01 AM   #54
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

JIGOS, double-posting like that is considered spamming. Use the edit button to put in your new thoughts.

Fixered but yes, your post is correct and saves me the typing.. hehehe - Cz

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.

Last edited by ChAiNz.2da; 09-26-2008 at 06:09 AM. Reason: mod note
Old 09-26-2008, 10:08 AM   #55
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Please leave KOTOR fan manga out of this.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2008, 04:07 AM   #56
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

Quote:
JIGOS, double-posting like that is considered spamming. Use the edit button to put in your new thoughts.
oop. didnt know that
kind of odd... is this standard forum procedure? i havnt had that problem before... *rereads forum rules*

but this is going way off topic.

mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 06:50 AM   #57
luckyariot
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001
Please leave KOTOR fan manga out of this.
Thank you! Someone agrees!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVader1986
The rest of them look weird or look like men. But it would be nice if the Exile was actually ethnic.
Matter of opinion I guess. I never thought any of them really looked male... And I'm still routing for an ethnic Exile. Too many of the typical heroines end up as overly beautiful, young, long-haired blondes, with blue eyes. Its rather annoying after a while, and the Exile is apparently a hardened, jadded war veteran. And a Jedi before that. She shouldn't nessesarily look like a model, IMO.

Oh, and to clarrify as to why I'm still alive: the fan-girls brought me back to life to try to convince me to become one of them... (eye-twitch). As such, I am typing this post from a safe-house.
luckyariot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2008, 07:54 PM   #58
Revan 411
Forumite

Well, as the others have said, I think 7 looks right for the female exile. I don't know why. Its just that its different from the other pictures.

Revan 411 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2008, 01:19 AM   #59
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

I have used TomBewley's Yuthura Ban, Alveron182/Chainz's Mission Vao 19, stoffe's Female Twi'lek Exile Appearance, Inyri's Playable Yuthura Ban and the 4 Bastila mods.

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2008, 08:58 PM   #60
RyuuKage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor_Kaine View Post
Every time I play as a female, I plays as 14. I don't know why, but that face seems to fit better than most.
same. occasionally 7.
RyuuKage is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2008, 09:24 PM   #61
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Current Game: Real Life
I started out once with 15, didn't like it so switched to 12, and STILL didn't like it, so switched to Bastila!

Though, when I played on the console, I used 12. Just a random choice, really.

SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2008, 09:33 PM   #62
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Current Game: KOTOR III
None of the male faces seemed to fit for the Exile. None of the Female fit Revan to me.

I thought that #9 stood above the rest and was exactly what I imagined of her. A few others were nice enough, but didn't fit in my mind. I do prefer Yuthura ban most for custom heads.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2008, 12:00 PM   #63
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

I just realized that I forgot to say which heads were my favorites!

LS: 9. Or a red Twi'lek.
DS zombie: Atris (12)
DS w/yellow eyes: 14. Or 9 again. (I just love 9, I don't know why...)

As far as the male heads go, I don't think ANY of them fit for Revan OR the Exile!!!!!!!

Short stories:

Old 10-26-2008, 01:09 AM   #64
Fredi
El Guapo

I would choose #7

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2008, 01:48 AM   #65
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
I always use a light sided female exile. dont know why...I just like doing that. my favorite head is the red-headed long haired one. and i always fight for what's right
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Which Exile?