lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: A positive Insecticide review (IGN)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-05-2008, 03:42 AM   #1
diduz

A positive Insecticide review (IGN)

http://pc.ign.com/articles/886/886126p1.html

7.5 is almost spot-on, I guess. I would have go with a 7.
The things that bugged me the most were:

1) The looping animations in the adventure dialogue sections. They also keep looping when the corresponding voice line has been played. I don't ask for a high-tech lip-sync, but...

2) The low-quality compression of the FMVs.

3) The lack of subtitles in many situations. Peeking (naughty-naughty) into the game directories I noticed that there are actually subtitles for those sentences which are not subtitled during the game (WARNING: there are also subtitles from the second part of the game, I guess). How come they were not implemented? A complete closed-captioning system makes the diffusion of the game easier, especially in those countries who don't understand English perfectly and lack powerful distributions (and translations). See Psychonauts.

4) Confused and unclear distribution. Lack of an authoritative reference-website.
diduz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-08-2008, 08:24 AM   #2
The Tingler
The Lagomorph Prince

Current Game: Not TFU2
The International House of Mojo Staff 
Interesting read, although he sounds quite negative in his review he must have enjoyed it to give it as high as 7.5, which is about right in my opinion - certainly at least for Part 1.

The Tingler is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Mixnmojo.com > Mojo Discussion Forums > General Discussion > A positive Insecticide review (IGN)