lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Dragon Age
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-07-2010, 10:25 AM   #361
Pavlos
Scruffy Englishman

Current Game: Viking Warrior Poets
Quote:
Originally Posted by igyman View Post
Actually, the letter "Đ" in Serbian is equal to "Dj" (not dee-jay, but more like d'jeh), so it could also read as Djragon Age.
That's interesting. It could be so for Icelandic, too; I'm not a speaker, I just understood it to be the same as the Old English/Norse ð/Ð, a hard "th" sound, such as is found in "that".

Edit: Then again, Serbian's not a Germanic language like (Old) English or Icelandic, is it? So it is possible for them to have different qualities...

StarWarsKnights.com -- News and features will be returning shortly...

I 'gin to be a-weary of the sun,
And wish the estate o' the world were now undone.
Pavlos is offline   you may:
Old 03-08-2010, 09:15 PM   #362
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
I think the Đ in Đragon Age is just supposed to be pretty, but that's just me.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may:
Old 03-09-2010, 12:24 AM   #363
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
^^Don't you mean it's supposed to be dark, gritty and mature? Like sex with clothes on.

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may:
Old 03-12-2010, 10:28 AM   #364
Pavlos
Scruffy Englishman

Source

BioWare have released another patch for Dragon Age, bringing the game version up to 1.03. The list of fixes is given below:

Quote:
  • Various changes have been made to code and resources to support the Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening expansion pack. Most of these changes do not affect Origins itself.
  • Some players were experiencing increasingly long load times. A major cause of this problem has been fixed.
  • At higher levels, non-player characters now receive a bonus to armor penetration. This mitigates an unintentional imbalance with well-armored high-level characters, since armor penetration previously did not scale as aggressively as armor itself did.
  • Elite-rank enemies (lieutenants) can no longer be shattered. This preserves the intended tactical design of many combat encounters.
  • Portraits for summoned creatures (like a ranger's wolf) were displaying improperly while in the party camp. This no longer occurs.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:09 PM   #365
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
People are claiming this patch breaks mods. Also, pickpocketing is apparently broken. Oh, and the game is more prone to crash, as well..

SpaceAlex is offline   you may:
Old 03-12-2010, 06:29 PM   #366
Pavlos
Scruffy Englishman

Source

Gamespot have uploaded a video interview with BioWare's David Silverman, discussing Dragon Age: Origins: Awakening and featuring about seven or eight minutes of gameplay footage

Old 04-18-2010, 11:01 PM   #367
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

Current Game: Dragon Age II
Forum Veteran Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
This Janey-come-lately has finally jumped aboard the DA:O train!

I LOVE this game. I created a Human Noble Female Warrior, Remy Cousland. She has the default looks for "Elissa", except with short hair instead of the default hair. I'm specializing her in Weapon and Shield combat, and I think it's absolutely kick-arse when she bashes enemies, knocks them down, and then delivers the coup de grace on the very next move! *I am woman, hear me ROAR!* I think Morrigan is awesome, but don't have very a high opinion of Alistair. He reminds me too much of Atton in TSL, so I call him Alistair Rand. Oddly enough, Morrigan reminds me of Kreia--a young, beautiful Kreia. :P

Question: I think I found my first "plot hole" in the game. If the seal on the chest that contained the Ancient Treaties could only be broken by a Grey Warden, then how come it wore off so that Morrigan's mother could remove them? I guess magical wards fade over a long period of time. Still...There's no way Morrigan could be a Grey Warden, or Flemeth. So, that begs the question--did the magical seal fade, or did another Warden break it?
Tysyacha is offline   you may:
Old 04-18-2010, 11:35 PM   #368
JediAthos

Current Game: Defiance
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I think if, IIRC, that in Morrigan's initial dialogue she states that the seal wore off long ago or something along those lines, but I'm not entirely certain.

"You'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

JediAthos is offline   you may:
Old 04-18-2010, 11:36 PM   #369
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysyacha View Post
Morrigan reminds me of Kreia--a young, beautiful Kreia. :P
A young, stupid Kreia that gives you very poor advice all the time that leads you into trouble, then. (She's the Jacob Taylor of ÐA in that sense.)

Oh and she disapproves. Of everything.

Quote:
Question: I think I found my first "plot hole" in the game. If the seal on the chest that contained the Ancient Treaties could only be broken by a Grey Warden, then how come it wore off so that Morrigan's mother could remove them?
Either the storage box was broken by whatever demolished the rest of the building (it looked pretty broken to me). Or Flemeth is supposedly a lot more powerful than any mage the Grey Wardens used to apply those seals to begin with. If the tales are at all accurate she's over a thousand years old and possessed by a demon, so she supposedly knows a trick or two the Wardens haven't even heard of.

Just because an NPC believes something is unbreakable doesn't necessarily make it true.

stoffe is offline   you may:
Old 04-19-2010, 02:25 AM   #370
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
She disapproves of this thread. -10.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Old 04-19-2010, 04:13 AM   #371
Quanon

Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
Unless you're sort of an evil prick, out for money and power
Just don't kill to much magic users and set free daemons, you're fine with her ^_^

Alistair didn't like that route much, but DA has the mighty all powerfull gifts!
Since your party members accept bribes just to easy, I'm amazed they don't plunge a dagger in your back at the end of the game

Aahh, t'is rather a fun game, it is.
Quanon is offline   you may:
Old 04-19-2010, 04:51 AM   #372
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

Quote:
See? Just like Kreia! :P

I guess it makes sense that not even Grey Warden magical seals last forever. Point taken on the "just because an NPC says something is unbreakable doesn't make it true." (+10 points to stoffe) Oh, well. Vive les unexplained phenomena!
Old 04-19-2010, 05:54 AM   #373
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Ive recently started playing.... Leliana is so dumb, but so hot - my PC has been lying that she is also into shoes and fashion just so she can get into her pants.

The things our PCs endure for lesbian love

Ive tried to be nice to Morrigan. She's pretty judgemental for someone meant to be wild 'n' free - she wanted me to let the assassin go just because he said sorry - but then didnt want to tag along because it was too dangerous... = boo+Die!

I hope someone can do a Puss In Boots Skin for Zevran

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat

Last edited by Astrotoy7; 04-19-2010 at 06:08 AM.
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may:
Old 04-19-2010, 05:58 AM   #374
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7 View Post
Leilana is so dumb, but so hot
Whaaaaa??

Taak Farst is offline   you may:
Old 04-19-2010, 06:05 AM   #375
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taak Farst View Post
Whaaaaa??
I have a thing for ginger girls with french accents and bob hairdos I loved it when she sang a song for my femcousland. She also is pretty compassionate, despite the shoe thing, which I admire in anyone, pixellated or not.

Leliana was modelled on US fashion model Alex "AlleyKatze" Stein

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat

Last edited by Astrotoy7; 04-19-2010 at 06:17 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:14 AM   #376
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

Does anyone have a nice, handy list of DA: O savefiles? I am going absolutely INSANE in the "Lost in Dreams" section and want to start where that quest is already completed.

Thanks!
Old 05-11-2010, 05:54 AM   #377
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Quote:
Does anyone have a nice, handy list of DA: O savefiles? I am going absolutely INSANE in the "Lost in Dreams" section and want to start where that quest is already completed.
What problems do you have with that quest? I thought it was a pretty fun part (but then I seem to enjoy the quests that everyone else hate for some reason ).

If you really must bypass it (which will leave your character weaker since you miss out on all the stat boost thingies sprinked all over the Fade, and miss some insights into the background or personality of your party members) and play the PC version you can probably use the debug console to skip ahead. Type in
Code:
runscript zz_cir_debug
in the console and it should start a dialog with various options such as setting plots and teleporting around.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:39 AM   #378
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7 View Post
I have a thing for ginger girls with french accents and bob hairdos I loved it when she sang a song for my femcousland. She also is pretty compassionate, despite the shoe thing, which I admire in anyone, pixellated or not.

Leliana was modelled on US fashion model Alex "AlleyKatze" Stein
*Nice pic*

mtfbwya
Awesome. 13/10. Too bad she doesn't look like that in-game.
Heared there was a mod out there that tweaked the party member faces a bit to reflect the CGI shots and actors looks more.

Ztalker is offline   you may:
Old 05-11-2010, 12:29 PM   #379
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztalker View Post
Awesome. 13/10. Too bad she doesn't look like that in-game.
Heared there was a mod out there that tweaked the party member faces a bit to reflect the CGI shots and actors looks more.
Yep, it's what made me break down and use mods in my first playthrough. Here it is.

Also, a mod that compliments it very nicely: White Teeth

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may:
Old 05-11-2010, 09:43 PM   #380
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
The Lost in the Fade quest can be extremely frustrating given the way travel in certain levels functions, plus the fact that you need to do things in a semi-rigid order to be able to proceed doesn't help (getting Burning Man first is almost mandatory).
DarthParametric is offline   you may:
Old 05-12-2010, 10:27 AM   #381
Jae Onasi

Quote:

Thanks!
I'd just go to a site or book with a DA walkthrough (e.g. gamefaqs, gamebanshee) and get some hints there. The stat boosts are definitely worth the time spent, and the fade has some very interesting features that you won't see anywhere else.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:53 AM   #382
Ztalker

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorenna View Post
Yep, it's what made me break down and use mods in my first playthrough. Here it is.

Also, a mod that compliments it very nicely: White Teeth
+1 Kudo for you.
First time Morrigan appeared...damn. Permanent install, just like you.

Old 05-13-2010, 01:17 PM   #383
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

Tech question: How do you download Dragon Age screenshots to your computer?

Thanks!
Old 05-13-2010, 02:24 PM   #384
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Download screenshots? You mean the ones the game takes and uploads to the social site? They are already on your computer in My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Screenshots\User\
Old 05-13-2010, 04:35 PM   #385
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

Awesome! Thanks a million!
Old 05-13-2010, 07:27 PM   #386
Darth333
Administraterror

Quote:

Thanks!
If you're talking about the Fade "chapter" (a well thought name for an oh so boring chapter)...then check this mod (untested by me as I still had the patience - or maybe I was just insane - to go through "the Fade" the last time I played )
Darth333 is offline   you may:
Old 05-13-2010, 07:52 PM   #387
Jae Onasi

ooh--nice find. I kind of like the challenge of getting through the maze, but it frustrated me the first time.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:52 PM   #388
Revan 411
Forumite

A new DLC was released recently. About two days ago actually -- May 18th to be more precise.

Source

I haven't played Dragon Age: Origins for a quite some time now. I pretty much stopped play when Mass Effect 2 came out, and I'm not sure if I want to go back to the land of Ferelden again.

Revan 411 is offline   you may:
Old 05-21-2010, 05:34 AM   #389
Ztalker

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
^^Don't you mean it's supposed to be dark, gritty and mature? Like sex with clothes on.
Wait...what?

OT: Bought Awakening yesterday. I'm currently playing through DA one more time with a human noble duel-wielder to finish it the best way possible. And then load it all into Awakening.
Any suggestions for the next play-through? Friend of mine suggested mage, since their story is much different....I like the dwarfs too though!

Old 05-21-2010, 08:25 AM   #390
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan 411 View Post
A new DLC was released recently. About two days ago actually -- May 18th to be more precise.
Hmm, seems to be mostly hack and slash with little in the way of dialog, lasting 1-2 hours from what I've been able to determine. Perhaps unsurprising since the Darkspawn aren't famous for their conversational skills and social graces, but still...

It's the Battle of Denerim played from the Darkspawns' perspective under the premise what would happen if your PC died during their Joining and Alistair was the sole remaining Grey Warden in Ferelden?.

Can't say I feel overly thrilled to play as some pre-generated Darkspawn character with a fixed appearance and skill set. Half the fun in these games is building and developing your character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztalker View Post
OT: Bought Awakening yesterday. I'm currently playing through DA one more time with a human noble duel-wielder to finish it the best way possible. And then load it all into Awakening.
Any suggestions for the next play-through? Friend of mine suggested mage, since their story is much different....I like the dwarfs too though!
Mage is fun to play as. A very versatile profession with lots of fun toys to play with. And you get the chance to handle the situation with Connor in Redcliffe personally. Only drawback is the really ugly mage robes in the game, but that can fortunately be fixed by picking the Arcane Warrior specialization and using armor instead.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:23 PM   #391
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Forum Veteran 
Yet another DLC that PS3 users are screwed over!!! GRRRRR!!!!

Taak Farst is offline   you may:
Old 05-23-2010, 11:40 AM   #392
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

apologies if this has already been mentioned:

For those that would like to get a DA fix whilst at work etc, the Dragon Age Journeys browser based flash game is not bad for a flash based effort. Apparently, you can unlock items which are transferable to DAO itself.

View page
YouTube Video

http://www.dragonagejourneys.com/

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 05-30-2010, 03:55 AM   #393
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

Wrote my first DA:O fanfic this (late) night. "Bargaining with Sten!" is in the CEC.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:57 AM   #394
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I just stumbled on this a little while ago. It's some DA machinima and it's of a pretty damn impressive quality. Shows what you can do with the DA toolset if you have enough skilled and talented people. It's called "Warden's Fall" and is a bridging story between the end of Origins and the beginning of Awakening, focusing on the Grey Warden Kristoff.

Spoiler warning for those who haven't finished both Origins and Awakening!

The first 3 episodes are up and available in 1080p:

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRVTl2ii8BM

Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbC6NoBt1dg

Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rhLNp10AZM
Old 06-07-2010, 08:28 PM   #395
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
An announcement from Bioware. Seems that ME isn't their only IP getting the movie treatment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bioware Press Release
REDWOOD SHORES, Calif. - BioWare, an Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) studio and FUNimation Entertainment, the leading distributor of Japanese animation in North America, announced today an agreement to create an anime feature film adapted from BioWare's critically-acclaimed fantasy Action RPG franchise Dragon Age. Production of the Dragon Age anime movie is slated to begin in May 2010, with a home video release in 2011. Executive producing the film are Bioware's Executive Producer Mark Darrah and Creative Director Mike Laidlaw, as well as FUNimation's Fukunaga and Director of Original Entertainment Chris Moujaes.

"Anime is a great medium for us to continue the robust Dragon Age story," said Mark Darrah, Executive Producer for the Dragon Age franchise. "Partnering with FUNimation ensures that we are delivering the exceptional quality and entertainment value that our Dragon Age fans expect."

"We are thrilled to be working with EA and BioWare on the production of the Dragon Age anime feature," said Gen Fukunaga, President and CEO of FUNimation. "We are going to be bringing the classic visual and storytelling techniques found in anime to create a film that will extend the narrative of the world BioWare has created."

Dragon Age has been selected as the first title in FUNimation's slate of major anime movies to be developed through FUNimation's Original Entertainment team since the announcement of the company's co-production initiative in November 2009.

When originally released in 2009, Dragon Age: Origins won over 30 critics awards and was named "RPG of the Year" by the Academy of Arts and Interactive Sciences, Game Informer, G4, SpikeTV, and PC Gamer. Seth Schiesel of The New York Times described the game as "...perhaps the best electronic game made yet."

For more information on Dragon Age, please visit http://dragonage.bioware.com/.

About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts Inc. (EA), headquartered in Redwood City, California, is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. Founded in 1982, the Company develops, publishes, and distributes interactive software worldwide for video game systems, personal computers, wireless devices and the Internet. Electronic Arts markets its products under four brand names: EA SPORTS, EA, EA Mobile and POGO. In fiscal 2010, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $3.7 billion and had 27 titles that sold more than one million units. EA's homepage and online game site is www.ea.com. More information about EA's products and full text of press releases can be found on the Internet at http://info.ea.com.

About FUNimation Entertainment
FUNimation Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Navarre Corporation, is the leading company for Japanese animation in the United States. FUNimation is known for acquiring top-rated anime series from Japan and for being the market share leader for home video sales of anime in the United States. The company has a proven formula for launching and advancing brands, and manages a full spectrum of rights for most of its brands including broadcasting, licensing, production, internet, and home video sales and distribution.

About Navarre Corporation
Navarre Corporation (Nasdaq: NAVR)(News) is a publisher and distributer of computer software, home entertainment media and related products. The company produces anim? video through its FUNimation Entertainment subsidiary and publishes computer software in its Encore subsidiary. Navarre Distribution Services provides complete distribution and third-party logistics (3PL) services to North American retailers and their suppliers. Navarre was founded in 1983 and is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Additional information can be found at http://www.navarre.com.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:37 AM   #396
Pavlos
Scruffy Englishman

Why will people insist on making films of games? I think it's been proven to be a bad idea...

Old 06-08-2010, 06:55 AM   #397
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
An announcement from Bioware. Seems that ME isn't their only IP getting the movie treatment:
I wish they'd spend time patching their broken game instead of all that extra fluff. Since the 1.03/Awakening patch ÐA has been in a pretty sad state with constant crashes, broken pickpocketing, broken trap detection in Awakening, game-breaking bugs in the Awakening campaign etc. It's been months since release and no patch in sight. Seems like they can't even be bothered to release the latest toolset resources so players can fix the campaign/script bugs themselves.

Ðragon Age the game is starting to feel like abandonware at this point.

Old 06-08-2010, 09:42 AM   #398
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Yes, it seems they have abandoned DA support across the board in favour of working on DA2. There are a number of modders that are a bit hot under the collar about it, as Bioware hasn't followed through on the toolset support they originally promised.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:07 AM   #399
Drunkside
Satan´s little helper

I smell greed....

Saivo´s New demo, A Cruel Northern Land is out! Listen to it on our mikseri.net bandpage.

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=117610
Drunkside is offline   you may:
Old 06-08-2010, 11:18 AM   #400
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
Anime announcement

SpaceAlex is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Dragon Age

Tags
bioware, dragon age, game