lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: E3 '08=confirmations or not?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-17-2008, 06:43 PM   #161
zemegauser
Rookie

I really want to hear them talk about it a bit more. Give us some hints as to what it's going to be like, engine, Turn based or not etc..
zemegauser is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2008, 06:44 PM   #162
RyuuKage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm5k View Post
that'd be weird. i mean could there possibly be any more hype for this freaking supposed game.
he also broke contract agreements and NDAs by "slipping" with the info. That's a serious problem for any employee, but a CEO? he's in deep...
RyuuKage is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2008, 06:44 PM   #163
darthclydefrog
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuuKage View Post
well it's not confirmed, but it's part of the leak about Lucasarts copyrighting three Star Wars titles for games. Two are likely red herrings, and the third (and sorta obvious) Star Wars The Old Republic is likely the real deal. at least i read it in something affiliated with that, lol
Cool.
darthclydefrog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2008, 06:45 PM   #164
linxx_
Rookie

Well I'm curious as to how the game is gonna be, if there are gonna be different classes and jobs and whatnot. If there are, then again I say that theres gonna be 50 000 jedis all wanting to kill each other all over the map and that can get old very quick. Anyways, it will be an MMO, to my great sadness, so theres gonna be grinding and maybe paying fees, which would mean I wouldnt play it except if theres a trial period or something. *Sigh* its sad but now officially true so we have to wait now.
linxx_ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2008, 06:45 PM   #165
Da_Man_2423
Forumite

Current Game: NCAA Football 10
They're probably not ready to release actual details yet...they'll come in time.

Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2008, 06:45 PM   #166
gm5k
Rookie

don't know if this link has been posted, but here's the game listed on gamespot.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/starw...lic/index.html
gm5k is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2008, 06:46 PM   #167
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Current Game: AssassinsCreed,kotor
Hot Topic Starter 
e3s closing

HK-42 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2008, 06:46 PM   #168
darthclydefrog
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK-42 View Post
somebody confirmed the leak during e3 saying the CEO was right....
Where did you see this?
Old 07-17-2008, 06:48 PM   #169
linxx_
Rookie

"John Riccitiello tells Conde Nast Portfolio that BioWare's mystery massively multiplayer project is a third installment in the Star Wars series. "

Could it be?
Old 07-17-2008, 06:49 PM   #170
RyuuKage

Quote:
Originally Posted by linxx_ View Post
Well I'm curious as to how the game is gonna be, if there are gonna be different classes and jobs and whatnot. If there are, then again I say that theres gonna be 50 000 jedis all wanting to kill each other all over the map and that can get old very quick. Anyways, it will be an MMO, to my great sadness, so theres gonna be grinding and maybe paying fees, which would mean I wouldnt play it except if theres a trial period or something. *Sigh* its sad but now officially true so we have to wait now.
EA owns Bioware so fees are about as certain as death and taxes. If, by some act of God, there aren't fees, I will be AMAZED...
Old 07-17-2008, 06:50 PM   #171
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
HOLY **** E3 LIVE WATCH NOW!!~!

anyway, lol, confirmation. KotOR MMO. They did not say KotOR III MMO, so maybe there is hope. Still, based on Lucasarts' current activities, it seems like the MMO is being done instead of an actual sequel, for reasons no one will ever know or understand...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Zionosis View Post
They just confirmed the KotOR MMO, regarding the leaked info.
Quote:
you would have had to be watching the live feed for about 30 seconds to get the confirmation, hehe
darth, these Posts on page 3....on gamespot.com

Old 07-17-2008, 06:51 PM   #172
darthclydefrog
Rookie

Quote:
"John Riccitiello tells Conde Nast Portfolio that BioWare's mystery massively multiplayer project is a third installment in the Star Wars series. "

Could it be?
link?
Old 07-17-2008, 06:53 PM   #173
linxx_
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthclydefrog View Post
link?
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/starw...yadded;title;1
Old 07-17-2008, 06:56 PM   #174
zemegauser
Rookie

I wonder how they are reacting to the negative responses. 95% of the responses are negative, they must feel stupid now.

Everyone was asking for KOTOR 3, maybe 5% were asking for an MMO. Yet Bioware against all odds goes with an MMO. It will fail, WoW and AoC are the top, and KOTOR MMO will not last for long unless they do something drastic like a complete new MMO experience.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:56 PM   #175
linxx_
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zemegauser View Post
I wonder how they are reacting to the negative responses. That is 95 percent of the responses right there.
And then some more on gamespot.com, and other sites...
Old 07-17-2008, 07:05 PM   #176
darthclydefrog
Rookie

Quote:
I wonder how they are reacting to the negative responses. 95% of the responses are negative, they must feel stupid now.

Everyone was asking for KOTOR 3, maybe 5% were asking for an MMO. Yet Bioware against all odds goes with an MMO. It will fail, WoW and AoC are the top, and KOTOR MMO will not last for long unless they do something drastic like a complete new MMO experience.
Yeah I agree, they would be stupid not to continue with the kotor franchise. I still hope that this mmo sets the stage for a future kotor3. i don't think it will fail though. a lot of people will try it, and if it is a fun experience then it will succeed.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:07 PM   #177
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Hot Topic Starter 
Is any one else watching gamespot e3 live?

Old 07-17-2008, 07:08 PM   #178
zemegauser
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah I agree, they would be stupid not to continue with the kotor franchise. I still hope that this mmo sets the stage for a future kotor3. i don't think it will fail though. a lot of people will try it, and if it is a fun experience then it will succeed.
I remember playing the SWG trial (pre-nge of course) , and it was really fun. Especially meeting new people, setting up raids, a city being attacked by rebels. It should strive to be 10x better than that, and then I might love it.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:12 PM   #179
RyuuKage

Quote:
Is any one else watching gamespot e3 live?
yup....boring as hell at this point, i might leave soon, lol
Old 07-17-2008, 07:13 PM   #180
Nedak
Beelzebozo

LucasCast Jingle Composer Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
I think most responses aren't as much negative as they are unsure.

Most of the negative responses on this thread are the same people spamming their hatred for a game that hasn't even released any development info on it yet.
Nedak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2008, 07:16 PM   #181
zemegauser
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by han sala View Post
I think most responses aren't as much negative as they are unsure.

Most of the negative responses on this thread are the same people spamming their hatred for a game that hasn't even released any development info on it yet.
And most of the positive responses (mainly your responses) are full of blind hope.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:18 PM   #182
gm5k
Rookie

so does this mean that the KOTOR MMO has been under development in Austin? if so im about an hour away from where it's being made...(San Antonio)

so i guess that's kinda cool

i really can't find any more positives here LOL
Old 07-17-2008, 07:18 PM   #183
RyuuKage

so we're at an impasse

hope vs history, lol
Old 07-17-2008, 07:19 PM   #184
gm5k
Rookie

Quote:
so we're at an impasse

hope vs history, lol
i think history usually wins out
Old 07-17-2008, 07:19 PM   #185
zemegauser
Rookie

Quote:
so does this mean that the KOTOR MMO has been under development in Austin? if so im about an hour away from where it's being made...(San Antonio)

so i guess that's kinda cool
Well then....Shotguns are in the back of my trunk, take as many as you want. Please be free to take any grenades as well if you wish.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:21 PM   #186
gm5k
Rookie

Quote:
Well then....Shotguns are in the back of my trunk, take as many as you want. Please be free to take any grenades as well if you wish.
not necessary, remember i live in Texas. i have enough friends with guns

thanks for the offer though
Old 07-17-2008, 07:22 PM   #187
RyuuKage

Quote:
don't target Bioware, attack EA and Lucasarts, lol
Old 07-17-2008, 07:23 PM   #188
Nedak
Beelzebozo

Quote:
And most of the positive responses (mainly your responses) are full of blind hope.
My responses are positive. Just unsure.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:24 PM   #189
zemegauser
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by han sala View Post
My responses are positive. Just unsure.
I did say that your answers are positive, but I said they are full of blind hope, which is true.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:27 PM   #190
gm5k
Rookie

Quote:
I did say that your answers are positive, but I said they are full of blind hope, which is true.
blind hope does seem to have a bad connotation to it, but yea it's the same thing as saying faith.

i will say this. if anyone has the ability to change or truly expand on what an MMO is, it's Bioware.

after all, they did create my favorite modern game.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:29 PM   #191
DarthZayne
Rookie

Quote:
yeah...well if it IS true, then i guess no more KOTOR heading my way either... if you ask me, making a KOTOR MMO is a bad idea, i think its a downgrade to the experience, story wise. There wont be that old KOTOR feel and charm, like in the other 2 games..Now its gonna be grind grind grind grind, like every MMO out there... and if its like WoW and such, a KOTOR game with no ending=lame, and the whole KOTOR name will have been destroyed for me.

Oh well, theres always TFU and TSLRP
I feel you man , this is a sad news if its true.
this is the end of kotor for me if the sequel we all waited for is a mmo.

I played enough mmo's to know that they all lack of something ( good story , character devlopement.) plus i dont want to grind 5 hours to get a stupid level.Its the second bad moves that BioWare have done this years .

The first one was when they got buyed by EA.
DarthZayne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2008, 07:31 PM   #192
Nedak
Beelzebozo

Quote:
I wouldn't call it "blind" hope, since my hope is based off of an already very good record of Bioware.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:31 PM   #193
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Dammit! I hate MMOs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2008, 07:33 PM   #194
darthclydefrog
Rookie

Lets hope there a more developments in the next few weeks discussing this more. Hopefully we can see more about this after TFU releases in sep.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:35 PM   #195
darthclydefrog
Rookie

Off topic but red faction guerrilla looks pretty sweat. So does Darksiders...
Old 07-17-2008, 07:35 PM   #196
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post
Dammit! I hate MMOs!
Friendly Entrence... so are you joining the debate or just saying that?

Old 07-17-2008, 07:39 PM   #197
RyuuKage

Quote:
blind hope does seem to have a bad connotation to it, but yea it's the same thing as saying faith.

i will say this. if anyone has the ability to change or truly expand on what an MMO is, it's Bioware.

after all, they did create my favorite modern game.
I do agree with this. If anyone can improve MMOs it's Bioware. However, it is their first (simultaneous) foray into the MMO genre, so problems are more likely than usual. They're doing two MMOs at once, which further increases the likelihood of gameplay issues.

Then there's the whole grinding, quest, and story problem. How do you fix grinding? How do you vary quests so that they are less repetitive but also remain compatible with an MMO structure? How do you flesh out a compelling, dramatic story where even cutscenes are limited or nonexistent? Then there's the problem of character development, the total lack of an NPC party, among other things. The "social" aspects of an MMO are precisely what will keep it from being a KotOR experience.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:43 PM   #198
darthclydefrog
Rookie

Quote:
I do agree with this. If anyone can improve MMOs it's Bioware. However, it is their first (simultaneous) foray into the MMO genre, so problems are more likely than usual. They're doing two MMOs at once, which further increases the likelihood of gameplay issues.

Then there's the whole grinding, quest, and story problem. How do you fix grinding? How do you vary quests so that they are less repetitive but also remain compatible with an MMO structure? How do you flesh out a compelling, dramatic story where even cutscenes are limited or nonexistent? Then there's the problem of character development, the total lack of an NPC party, among other things. The "social" aspects of an MMO are precisely what will keep it from being a KotOR experience.
I'm optimistic that with the proper mix of instances and npcs the story/party system could be really sweet. And like you said it is bioware, they are innovators in the industry. Maybe with the Lucas Arts/EA money they will do something great. Maybe...
Old 07-17-2008, 07:46 PM   #199
RyuuKage

Quote:
I'm optimistic that with the proper mix of instances and npcs the story/party system could be really sweet. And like you said it is bioware, they are innovators in the industry. Maybe with the Lucas Arts/EA money they will do something great. Maybe...
There's no party in an MMO, that's my point. You create your own party by teaming up with human friends or random other players. You can't make a solid (or even decent or interesting) story with that.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:47 PM   #200
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Friendly Entrence... so are you joining the debate or just saying that?
I'm saying it because I didn't want this to happen. I'm mainly afraid that this will take the place of, or intend to be, KOTOR III. And that'll be crap because it'll alienate so many fans of the series who have been wanting to know just what happens after the previous game's cliffhanger ending but are not MMO fans.

That, and that I feel obligated to eat up anything from the KOTOR era, but am not an MMO fan; which will mean that I'll either buy the game and be horrible at it or not buy the game and cry myself to sleep every night because I was missing out on the stories from that time period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > E3 '08=confirmations or not?