lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: E3 '08=confirmations or not?
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-17-2008, 07:49 PM   #201
darthclydefrog
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuuKage View Post
There's no party in an MMO, that's my point. You create your own party by teaming up with human friends or random other players. You can't make a solid (or even decent or interesting) story with that.
Why not have recruitable NPCs in the world, like republic or sith soldiers, jedi apprentices, or mandalorian mercs you can hire? You could have a party made out of NPCs in a MMO if the developer would do it. Who knows what Bioware has in mind...
darthclydefrog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2008, 07:56 PM   #202
RyuuKage
Junior Member
 
RyuuKage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthclydefrog View Post
Why not have recruitable NPCs in the world, like republic or sith soldiers, jedi apprentices, or mandalorian mercs you can hire? You could have a party made out of NPCs in a MMO if the developer would do it. Who knows what Bioware has in mind...
because that still has the same problem of impermanent variable NPCs, again, making an RPG story impossible.

If they gave you the usual party setup, then everyone in the game world would have the same NPCs following them around, which would kill any sense of immersion not killed by badly typed user messages and spam XD
RyuuKage is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2008, 07:56 PM   #203
darthclydefrog
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post
I'm saying it because I didn't want this to happen. I'm mainly afraid that this will take the place of, or intend to be, KOTOR III. And that'll be crap because it'll alienate so many fans of the series who have been wanting to know just what happens after the previous game's cliffhanger ending but are not MMO fans.

That, and that I feel obligated to eat up anything from the KOTOR era, but am not an MMO fan; which will mean that I'll either buy the game and be horrible at it or not buy the game and cry myself to sleep every night because I was missing out on the stories from that time period.
I feel this way also. While i do enjoy MMOs, i love SPRPGs. I want to experience an actual conclusion to the revan/exile plot lines, and this becomes difficult within the constrains of an MMO. It might be exciting to see what Bioware does to continue the story. If anything
darthclydefrog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2008, 07:59 PM   #204
darthclydefrog
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuuKage View Post
because that still has the same problem of impermanent variable NPCs, again, making an RPG story impossible.

If they gave you the usual party setup, then everyone in the game world would have the same NPCs following them around, which would kill any sense of immersion not killed by badly typed user messages and spam XD
Yeah it would be hard to have randomly generated generic party member NPCs drive a player centric story. but like i said in a previous post it will be exciting to see exactly what bioware is doing with this game.
darthclydefrog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2008, 08:42 PM   #205
DarthZayne
Rookie
 
DarthZayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 208
Darn capitalism devlopers.
The world is full of emos and nerdz that why we have mmo's

Last edited by Jae Onasi; 08-09-2008 at 12:10 AM. Reason: edited out offensive use of deity
DarthZayne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2008, 09:25 PM   #206
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan
 
Lantzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,156
I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of kotor fans suddenly cried out in terror and were ragged about a Kotor MMORPG

If they gonna do a Kotor MMORPG i still hope that we maybe will see K3 as a diffrent game. I mean the Old Republic era is pretty big, it don't have to be the Revan arc. I know it's probaly to much to hope for, but i can always wish can i ? And if it's Bioware that will do the MMORPG i really think they will make it work, i have to much faith in them to think they would want to screw up a story based game to something that is just grinding. Maybe this will even give birth to a new way of MMORPGs in gameplay.

And i have been anyi MMORPG for a long time, played some Galaxies when i was young and it was new but i picked up Age of Conan a month ago. And there you actualy have a singelplayer destiny questline that is really intressing, not near a true RPG way but it's still good.
Lantzen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2008, 09:34 PM   #207
Sithspecter
Mod Longer, Forum Less
 
Sithspecter's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ebon Hawk
Posts: 1,748
Current Game: Mechwarrior II: Mercenaries
Contest winner - Modding Forum Veteran Veteran Modder LFN Staff Member 
I am with most of you, I think that turning to an MMORPG is the worst thing that could happen to the KotOR series, but I think it means that there's still hope for a KotOR 3. When it is released, popularity for the KotOR series will increase, and if there's money to be made, I don't see why LA couldn't come out with a new KotOR SPRPG. If you've got people that are playing the MMORPG, I wouldn't be suprised if they wouldn't by KotOR 3.



Sithspecter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2008, 09:34 PM   #208
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan
 
Lantzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by "RyuuKage
There's no party in an MMO, that's my point. You create your own party by teaming up with human friends or random other players. You can't make a solid (or even decent or interesting) story with that
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuuKage View Post
because that still has the same problem of impermanent variable NPCs, again, making an RPG story impossible.

If they gave you the usual party setup, then everyone in the game world would have the same NPCs following them around, which would kill any sense of immersion not killed by badly typed user messages and spam XD
They could inplant it like i think Guild Wars work. I haven't play Guild Wars but i of what i understandthe latest expansion you can have NPC partymembers. That world is like instances, the main citys and so on you can team up with real people, but outside in the "quest zones/areas" you are alone if you didn't team up in the city. And the latest expansion actuly gave you party member/s to that area. No idea how it worked, maybe someone that played Guild Wars could explain better ?
But i could also be completly wrong

So if the game would work anything like that you can still get a good story with NPCs following you around, maybe
Lantzen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2008, 09:37 PM   #209
RyuuKage
Junior Member
 
RyuuKage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantzen View Post
They could inplant it like i think Guild Wars work. I haven't play Guild Wars but i of what i understandthe latest expansion you can have NPC partymembers. That world is like instances, the main citys and so on you can team up with real people, but outside in the "quest zones/areas" you are alone if you didn't team up in the city. And the latest expansion actuly gave you party member/s to that area. No idea how it worked, maybe someone that played Guild Wars could explain better ?
But i could also be completly wrong

So if the game would work anything like that you can still get a good story with NPCs following you around, maybe
true, but that game is doing it's own MMO-level story. Here we're talking about the possibility of an MMO continuing the story of an RPG, which even an attempt to do so will fail spectacularly...

We need a real KotOR III, I just hope this MMO doesn't murder the franchise in it's sleep...
RyuuKage is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2008, 10:44 PM   #210
Revan.Ragnos.85
Rookie
 
Revan.Ragnos.85's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 72
I am so depressed about this right now I don't even know what to say.
Revan.Ragnos.85 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-18-2008, 03:32 AM   #211
linxx_
Rookie
 
linxx_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Uknown Regions
Posts: 42
Sadly, theres so much money to be made from MMO's these days, specially if you have paying fees, and every gaming company obviously wants and needs to make as much money as possible, so they can spend it in future projects. Its true and its gonna happen sooner or later and again I say I still have hope this is NOT KOTOR 3. Maybe they're just trying to get more fans to join in on the KOTOR ship, and in the future perhaps there will be a sequel, although I think this is not a good strategy, because if the game is good, then people will play it (heck, just look at KOTOR 2, the game is incomplete and SO many people play it, mod it, play it again, mod it some more, over and over again), and they could easily do that with a SPRPG since its what we all expected anyhow.
linxx_ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-18-2008, 09:41 AM   #212
Prime
Super Dimension Fortress
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,319
Current Game: Skyrim
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
And so SWG dies...

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-18-2008, 10:37 AM   #213
The Source
Rest In Peace
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,304
Contest winner - Modding 
Given the nature of this finding, I thought I would visit the forums. After I stumbled upon the article myself, I knew someone else would pick up on it quickly.

Our article in question: EA's to Play in Knights of the Old Republic Article

Oky, I'm going to point out some interesting stuff:
#1 - This is a blog.
#2 - The writer of the blog is reporting about another individual's interview.
#3 - The blogger is very wordy in quoting.
#4 - Who the hell are protfolio.com and N. Evan Van Zelfden? What are their credentials?

Quote:
N. Evan Van Zelfden in Los Angeles warns, watch out World of Warcraft. In an interview at E3 this week, Electronic Arts chief executive John Riccitiello said that EA is working on the next version of Star Wars game Knights of the Old Republic, and it will most certainly have a massively multiplayer online component to it.
Unless he talks about himself in the third perspective, the writer of the blog is telling you, “My friend told me he had an interview with a famous person…” Any type of article that uses the friend-of-a-friend line has to be taken with careful analysis. If I was the one to report this news, I would have taken this as a bad sign. Anything this guy says is not true.

Quote:
"We've got two of the most compelling MMOs in the industry in development," said Riccitiello. The first title, based on the Warhammer property, will launch soon. "And the one that people are dying for us to talk to them about -- in partnership with Lucas, coming out of BioWare, which is, I think, quite possibly the most anticipated game, full stop, for the industry at the point when we get closer to telling you about it."

Does Riccitiello mean the oft rumored Knights of the Old Republic Online? "Yes," he said.
Originally, the writer starts off by quoting Riccitiello. When it comes to revealing the Lucas/BioWare game title, he stopped quoting the guy word for word. Instead of continuing with the actual quoted words, the blog writer just fills in the blanks without proof. That brings up suspicion. Not to mention that his quoted line is wordy. Whenever someone uses extensive words in a quote, they are usually making it up while writing.

Quote:
"...when we get closer to telling you about it."

Does Riccitiello mean the oft rumored Knights of the Old Republic Online? "Yes," he said.
What!? After Riccitiello tells you he cannot say anything, the interviewer just fills in the blanks for everyone. Sorry people, this is not an actual announcement of anything. Until we hear something official from Lucas Arts or BioWare, I would just take the article as a grain of sand.

Since we are at the height of E3, someone just wanted to stir up some buzz. If EA, BioWare, or LucasArts were to make an announcement, they would have chosen someone well known by gamers or Star Wars fans. Its a fake.



R.I.P. to 'The Source' and 'MacCorp'
2004-2008

Last edited by The Source; 07-18-2008 at 11:02 AM.
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-18-2008, 11:43 AM   #214
Rade Saar
Lurker
 
Rade Saar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The Perimeter
Posts: 6
Yeah, the "hear say" aspect of the announcement makes it suspicious. As an editor, I would never run that story. But it's a blog, so journalistic integrity is probably a foreign concept. So, I'm still waiting for something a bit more legit before I get too excited.
Rade Saar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-18-2008, 01:29 PM   #215
RyuuKage
Junior Member
 
RyuuKage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 373
Sorry Source, but this was confirmed at E3 after Riccitello let it "slip".
RyuuKage is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-18-2008, 01:39 PM   #216
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,534
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
And so SWG dies...
Don't you mean "finishes decomposing"?


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-18-2008, 01:59 PM   #217
RyuuKage
Junior Member
 
RyuuKage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
Don't you mean "finishes decomposing"?
wasn't it already feeding the next generation of plant life in the area of its death?
RyuuKage is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-18-2008, 03:15 PM   #218
Canthros
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuuKage View Post
Sorry Source, but this was confirmed at E3 after Riccitello let it "slip".
Do you have a link on that? I haven't seen anything except the same article at portfolio.com sourced all over the place.
Canthros is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-18-2008, 09:39 PM   #219
Giant Graffiti
Custom User Title
 
Giant Graffiti's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 828
^^^

Just thought I'd do this...

Notice something?
Giant Graffiti is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-18-2008, 11:47 PM   #220
Zerimar Nyliram
Senior Member
 
Zerimar Nyliram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Posts: 1,448
Forum Veteran 
...No. But I'm very tired and am about to go to bed, so do tell.


Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-18-2008, 11:58 PM   #221
RyuuKage
Junior Member
 
RyuuKage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canthros View Post
Do you have a link on that? I haven't seen anything except the same article at portfolio.com sourced all over the place.
the internet isn't so advanced that i can give you a link to an event i watched live in real time, lol.
RyuuKage is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2008, 05:22 AM   #222
Darca Lar
Forumite
 
Darca Lar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Coruscant
Posts: 532
Current Game: Dragon Age Origins
Wow, I come back to this and see so many posts. Yes I saw the sentence at the bottom too. Though they say it isn't "official", the fact that we got news brings some hope back. KOTOR may yet come out of this "coma".


Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Darca Lar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2008, 05:53 AM   #223
Canthros
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuuKage View Post
the internet isn't so advanced that i can give you a link to an event i watched live in real time, lol.
Okay. Can you say who provided this independent confirmation of the MMO and when?
Canthros is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2008, 06:54 AM   #224
Master Zionosis
Relax On Air
 
Master Zionosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: High In The Sky
Posts: 1,280
Current Game: TR 8: Underworld
Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canthros View Post
Okay. Can you say who provided this independent confirmation of the MMO and when?
I can tell you that as I was watching it too, it was Gamespot on E3 Live, it was something like 12am where I was so I can't remember exactly what they said, but the presenter basically just spoke about the leaked info, and did confirm it while in the conversation, they were only talking about it for about 30 seconds though, lol.

Master Zionosis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2008, 06:59 AM   #225
Q
The one who knocks
 
Q's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: ABQ
Posts: 6,643
Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Well that seems pretty concrete to me.

In spite of it not being the news I wanted to hear (I wanted Obsidian and Avellone to get the job), this kind of confirmation is appreciated, MZ.


"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2008, 10:53 AM   #226
The Source
Rest In Peace
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,304
Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiygasUnlimited View Post
^^^

Just thought I'd do this...

Notice something?
They are all quoting the fake blog at portfolio.com. This just shows that people are desperate for KotOR III news.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuuKage View Post
the internet isn't so advanced that i can give you a link to an event i watched live in real time, lol.
We need concrete evidence of what you saw and heard. We only have your word. Portfoio.com is a form of evidence, which can be analyzed for authenticity. Until you can bring to light some concrete evidence, all we have is your rumored word. It is a fake.



R.I.P. to 'The Source' and 'MacCorp'
2004-2008
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2008, 11:23 AM   #227
Canthros
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Zionosis View Post
I can tell you that as I was watching it too, it was Gamespot on E3 Live, it was something like 12am where I was so I can't remember exactly what they said, but the presenter basically just spoke about the leaked info, and did confirm it while in the conversation, they were only talking about it for about 30 seconds though, lol.
If you can remember what else they were talking about I'd love to know. There's 26 hours of footage from Gamespot's E3 stuff that's available to watch, but the only thing currently tagged 'kotor' is ... Bioware showing off Dragon Age. The MMO project's no where to be found, nor in Riccitiello.

Gamespot itself only has another article sourced from the Portfolio.com write-up. I'm not convinced that Portfolio is making stuff up, but I'm not certain that it says as much as people are making out of it. There was, after all, a lot of hullabaloo about this exact sort of thing less than a year ago over a misinterpretation of an analyst sheet.
Canthros is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2008, 11:23 AM   #228
Master Zionosis
Relax On Air
 
Master Zionosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: High In The Sky
Posts: 1,280
Current Game: TR 8: Underworld
Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Source View Post
We need concrete evidence of what you saw and heard. We only have your word. Portfoio.com is a form of evidence, which can be analyzed for authenticity. Until you can bring to light some concrete evidence, all we have is your rumored word. It is a fake.
Actually you also have my word...

Plus, RyuuKage doesn't want the MMO so why would he make it up...

Until the E3 footage is released all I'm able to do is laugh at you for being all so certain the news is fake. Sorry Source, you're wrong once again.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canthros View Post
If you can remember what else they were talking about I'd love to know. There's 26 hours of footage from Gamespot's E3 stuff that's available to watch, but the only thing currently tagged 'kotor' is ... Bioware showing off Dragon Age. The MMO project's no where to be found, nor in Riccitiello.

Gamespot itself only has another article sourced from the Portfolio.com write-up. I'm not convinced that Portfolio is making stuff up, but I'm not certain that it says as much as people are making out of it. There was, after all, a lot of hullabaloo about this exact sort of thing less than a year ago over a misinterpretation of an analyst sheet.
There were no Bioware, EA or LA reps, it was the presenters that confirmed it, it was a brief conversation. I'm sorry I can't recite everything word to word, but they mainly spoke about how much they enjoyed the previous KotOR games, and of course, confirmed the MMO. I think they may have also said (for a joke) that the person who leaked the info would be in deep doo doo.

Master Zionosis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2008, 12:14 PM   #229
Darca Lar
Forumite
 
Darca Lar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Coruscant
Posts: 532
Current Game: Dragon Age Origins
The fact that there was any KOTOR news at E3(which I watched live) makes me happy. Now its all still speculation but the little bit of leaked info. says that they're working on something really big and possibly related to KOTOR.


Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Darca Lar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2008, 02:10 PM   #230
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita
 
EnderWiggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,395
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Source View Post
We need concrete evidence of what you saw and heard. We only have your word. Portfoio.com is a form of evidence, which can be analyzed for authenticity. Until you can bring to light some concrete evidence, all we have is your rumored word. It is a fake.
It's ok, RyuuKage. I don't think you're lying. And I also won't blatantly flame you by calling you such.

The article looks a bit suspicious, but the survey that we heard about the other week (when we heard about the copyright) coupled with the fact that multiple forum users have described a confirmation at E3 makes this look very true.

Not that we didn't expect it - How many people actually thought Bioware Austin was making something other than a KotOR MMO?

_EW_



Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2008, 02:32 PM   #231
darthclydefrog
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Source View Post
They are all quoting the fake blog at portfolio.com. This just shows that people are desperate for KotOR III news.



We need concrete evidence of what you saw and heard. We only have your word. Portfoio.com is a form of evidence, which can be analyzed for authenticity. Until you can bring to light some concrete evidence, all we have is your rumored word. It is a fake.
I also watched the live Gamespot coverage, and they treated it like a real story. Seemed legit to me.
darthclydefrog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2008, 03:15 PM   #232
Pikmin
Junior Member
 
Pikmin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 421
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really wanted it to be Avellone! I know Bioware could do a great job, but Avellone already has the story planned out! sheesh. Well at least it isn't only an mmo, that makes up for it not being OE.
Pikmin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2008, 03:18 PM   #233
cire992
Junior Member
 
cire992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 309
If this just came out of the blue, I would be suspicious. But what else would this MMO be about? NWN? Mass Effect? No rumors about that sort of stuff.
I'm pretty convinced about TOR at this point, but I have a question I was wondering about:
Wasn't LucasArts shopping around K3 around at the end of '06, beginning of '07... after the MMO was underway and after LA's internal project ended?
cire992 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2008, 05:05 PM   #234
zaykodroid
Rookie
 
zaykodroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 37
the reporter did not filling the blanks himself.
"he said" means the words came our from the CEOs mouth.
then it is kotor mmo, and the company officially confirmed it.
zaykodroid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-20-2008, 02:38 AM   #235
Canthros
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Zionosis View Post
There were no Bioware, EA or LA reps, it was the presenters that confirmed it, it was a brief conversation. I'm sorry I can't recite everything word to word, but they mainly spoke about how much they enjoyed the previous KotOR games, and of course, confirmed the MMO. I think they may have also said (for a joke) that the person who leaked the info would be in deep doo doo.
That makes me think that we're still pretty much bound to the Portfolio.com article, if it was just the Gamespot people. I won't be suprised to find out that it is a KotOR MMO, but I don't find the one article entirely persuasive or unambiguous, so I'm operating mostly on the weight of past evidence and speculation.
Canthros is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2008, 12:53 AM   #236
RyuuKage
Junior Member
 
RyuuKage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Zionosis View Post
Plus, RyuuKage doesn't want the MMO so why would he make it up...
LOL, good point...

The problem is Source, you have to take legitimate internet reporting at it's word, too. Go check somewhere like Gamespot.com. I've never heard of portfolio.com or whatever the f it's called, but i do know places like IGN, Gamespot, and others are reliable.

In short, just deal with the reality that there IS an mmo, as far as we know there IS NOT kotor 3, and that Bioware IS developing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
Not that we didn't expect it - How many people actually thought Bioware Austin was making something other than a KotOR MMO?
K3? i had hoped, lol :3

thanks for the support btw. believe me, i don't think anyone here would lie about this...

Last edited by RyuuKage; 07-21-2008 at 12:56 AM.
RyuuKage is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2008, 02:48 AM   #237
Darca Lar
Forumite
 
Darca Lar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Coruscant
Posts: 532
Current Game: Dragon Age Origins
I can't wait for more news on this! I mean I'm not usually one to "pay to play" but I MAY be willing to change that for this.


Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Darca Lar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2008, 09:45 AM   #238
cire992
Junior Member
 
cire992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 309
@ Darca Lar - You know I don't mind a pay to play game as long as it's worth it. But sometimes I do get scared away from MMOs because of all the tedious grinding. Long story short, it's KotOR, I'm interested and I hope I'll stay into it when I get my hands on it!
cire992 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2008, 12:15 PM   #239
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita
 
EnderWiggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,395
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuuKage View Post


K3? i had hoped, lol :3
Nah, there are articles from ~2006 or so where Bioware confirms that their Austin project was indeed an MMO. So we knew it was something online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuuKage
thanks for the support btw. believe me, i don't think anyone here would lie about this...
Anytime.

_EW_



Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2008, 02:34 PM   #240
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,534
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
but Avellone already has the story planned out
Since when?


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > E3 '08=confirmations or not?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:09 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.