lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: When in the timeline should the KOTOR MMO take place?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-24-2008, 11:48 PM   #41
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
That'd be a great place to have it! It'd be nice to be able to be Mandalorian if I wanted to be, though most likely I'd be Sith.

Another possibility is Exar Kun's War.

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2008, 12:32 AM   #42
Kain Darro
Rookie

The problem with putting it in the Mandalorian Wars period is that it is being written out in the comics right now. We have an on-going timeline defining the exact occurences of what happens. The story is being written right now, and Dark Horse is not going to talk to BioWare and tell them how their story is going to turn out.

The MMO would stomp all over parts of the comic story if you run around meeting these characters in the game, and discontinuities will spring up everywhere.

I would hate to see that happen, especialy since I am reading the series right now. I am also enjoying the Vector series and am looking forward to see how it turns out in the last four issues in Legacy.
Kain Darro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2008, 02:24 PM   #43
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain Darro View Post
The problem with putting it in the Mandalorian Wars period is that it is being written out in the comics right now. We have an on-going timeline defining the exact occurences of what happens. The story is being written right now, and Dark Horse is not going to talk to BioWare and tell them how their story is going to turn out.
It's not such a big problem, as they will most likely avoid the characters decipted on the comics on the MMO. Besides, it's a small issue when compared with the ones Bioware would have if the game was set during the Jedi Civil War or later, seeing as KotOR 3 is a possible, though undefined, occurrance.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 01:42 PM   #44
sakalava47
Lurker

Maybe it should be between kotor 1 and 2. Still a lot of Jedi and Sith and all they are doing is killing each other (mostly sith killing Jedi).
sakalava47 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 03:27 PM   #45
Corinthian
Banned

Jedi Civil War would make more sense, really.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2008, 10:28 AM   #46
mattig89ch

To me it makes more sense to have it during the mando wars. being able to take part in some of the crucial battles would be awsome.
mattig89ch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-03-2008, 04:29 PM   #47
Darca Lar
Forumite

Current Game: Dragon Age Origins
It does actually and because it is an MMO, it can't really pull the Butterfly effect on the timeline.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Darca Lar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-03-2008, 10:17 PM   #48
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
If they're going to do an Old Republic MMORPG then I say they should base it sometime after the KotOR games, somewhere between 3900 and 1100 BBY. There seems to be a lot of history that hasn't been written in that time span.

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > When in the timeline should the KOTOR MMO take place?