lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Battlefront III wishlist.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-25-2009, 08:50 PM   #41
Gamma097
Rookie

Please note that most of these ideas relate to Republic Commando.

1: I think that the way that people get health is go to a bacta station and wait for 5 seconds or so and get full health, like in Republic Commando.
2: You should be able to customize the armor of the soldier you play as.
3: The Republic side should have clone commandos in the unit selection and Grievous's bodyguards on the CIS.
4: You should be able to have a squad and give them orders, but in a different way then in Republic Commando.
5: You should be able to use the enemy's weapons.
6: You should be able to melee with your gun.
7: New eras that weren't in the movies.
8: It should be for the PC so people can mod it!
9: The rank system in BFII should be remade so the clone/stormtrooper's helmet has a colored stripe on it for rank. The droids have some color on their upper torso. IDK about the rebels.
10: The ability to dual-wield guns like Halo 2 and 3.
11: The ability to spawn on the surface of a planet and take a fighter and fly up to the space above the planet.
12: The ability to go underwater.
13: Campaign should be like how it was in SWBFI, each side has a different campaign.
14: Multiplayer campaign.
15: Some, I repeat, some content from the TV series, "Star Wars: The Clone Wars."
16: For the PC version, a built-in game recorder that is made for machinimas and gameplay videos.
17: When getting into a vehicle, an animation plays that shows you getting in the vehicle. I didn't like how people disappear when they get in a vehicle in SWBFII.
18: The HUD should look different depending on the soldier type and faction.
19: Maps should be how the movies made them look.
20: It should have the Euphoria engine like in TFU. If a soldier is hit in the arm or hand, he'd drop his gun and pick it up and hold it the opposite way.
21: It should have an easy-to-use map editor that comes with the game.

Join Carbonite Modders | Carbonite Modders Site | ARC Trooper Mod Updates
If you would like to voice a character in the ARC Trooper Mod, please send me a private message, and I'll see what I can do.
If you have any Mandalorian songs like Vode An, Rage of the Shadow Warriors, or Gra'tua Cuun on your MP3 or computer, paste this to your signature.
Gamma097 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-26-2009, 01:40 AM   #42
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere

Current Game: Age of Empires II
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamma097 View Post
1-9 The game should be Republic Commando
(summarized)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamma097 View Post
10: The ability to dual-wield guns like Halo 2 and 3.
I can maybe understand a hero like jango having 2 pistols, but otherwise this seems like a feature that works in games like linear shooters like halo, but not so much on a battlef game.
Quote:
15: Some, I repeat, some content from the TV series, "Star Wars: The Clone Wars."
Please for the love of god just let this series be forgotten and die, theres hundreds of planets in the star wars cannon, use some of those.
Quote:
18: The HUD should look different depending on the soldier type and faction.
Might be sort of cool but its possible that one faction would get the "better" hud and then everyone would bitch about it in tournaments
Quote:
19: Maps should be how the movies made them look.
Problem with this is that some of the battles in the movie are sort of... bland. Like geonosis was almost entirely just flat desert. That works in a movie when you control which side wins, but in a game its generally considered terrible level design if your level has no cover what so ever and both sides just walk at each other shooting.
Quote:
20: It should have the Euphoria engine like in TFU. If a soldier is hit in the arm or hand, he'd drop his gun and pick it up and hold it the opposite way.
Like duel wielding, that works for single player, imagine having to pause every time you were shot. Matches would take forever.

"Everyone that posts here is aware of the game, thanks though." ET
"It is Lucasarts"~ LordJhredmo
jawathehutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2009, 04:14 PM   #43
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller

Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
Jawa is a Battlefront master!
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2009, 09:14 AM   #44
Mandalore The Shadow
The Writing Writer

Current Game: KotOR II
One Word: Mandalorians

My Mods
“You needn't die happy when your time comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived
your life from the beginning to the end and ka is always served.”

― Stephen King, The Dark Tower
Mandalore The Shadow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2009, 11:07 AM   #45
LukasM
Lurker

There's too many

P.S. please check out the site in my sig (ngswbf3.webs.com) it's a great Battlefront 3 fan site and theres loads of speculation on there and loads more to be added. Please joing the forums

LukasM is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2009, 09:42 AM   #46
warofchaos
Lurker

maybe an idea for land -space battles.
the frigates u have can be send to a land battle go bring them additional reinforcements and vehicles
so u also have an amount of vehicles in the game.

also i would like to see something of controlling the frigates itself and being able to take out an crouser.

ps. im sorry for my english
warofchaos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2009, 07:54 AM   #47
kalle90
Rookie

It should be perfect simulation of Star Wars battle. The 6 movies atleast.

1. All the battles from the movies in realish scale. Some are bigger, some smaller
2. Better space fights with more detailed ship interiors and more vehicles. Possibly space-land fights on single map
3. You can join any team in multi-team battles (Sandpeople)
4. Troops have Republic Commando type gameplay with melees, ability to pick up weapons (you are weaker with ones you're not specialized in) and tactics and AI. Better 1st person view too.
5. Multiple heroes (up to 3? 5 is the maximum I can imagine)
6. Heroes have real health instead of timer
7. AI can control heroes
8. Jedi gameplay from Jedi Knight games, especially saber clashing is needed
9. Vehicles were ok in BF1 and 2
10. Great, varied soundtrack. Full Star Wars soundtrack unlike in BF1 and 2.
11. Able to play it simple like BF1. I dislike BF2 because of all the medal bonuses and options I have to tune.
12. A lot better campaign. Something like Jedi Knight, Republic Commando and Battlefront combined. You might have to infiltrate someplace alone or with a small team and open the door for your army and then have a huge fight etc. Coherency and variety instead of basic matches with "backstory"

Perfect last game.
kalle90 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2009, 08:03 AM   #48
kalle90
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawathehutt View Post
Problem with this is that some of the battles in the movie are sort of... bland. Like geonosis was almost entirely just flat desert. That works in a movie when you control which side wins, but in a game its generally considered terrible level design if your level has no cover what so ever and both sides just walk at each other shooting.
That could be interesting if there was some active cover like broken vehicles and corpses. Every match would be different when people suddenly see a new cover appearing somewhere. There are some rocks and small "hills" too. It would also make proning more useful.

Even without that 1 flat map could be great for variety. Epic battle where vehicle control and teamshooting is everything. I'm sure there are plenty of other maps that could have tons of cover.
kalle90 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars: Battlefront (DICE) > General Discussion > Battlefront III wishlist.