lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: How do you kill Boba Fett?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-06-2008, 11:30 PM   #1
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Current Game: KOTOR III
How do you kill Boba Fett?

How do you kill fett? No matter how much I throw at him, he refuses to die. I want to get my mission done, but I have to kill him first. How does one go about it? Thank.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2008, 12:16 AM   #2
General LiWar

Check this out: http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/dos...e/914574/31124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy: FAQ/Walkthrough by DMasters
Note that you can't actually kill Boba Fett during you run through the city, even
though SENSE will show his health at 0 if you hit him enough.
Once all the caches are destroyed, you get to take on Boba Fett - and he actually isn't
that hard. The only place where you can actually kill him (well, defeat) is the area where your
ship is... so you need to get back there.
I hope this helps, it's been a while since i played JK: JA but i remember this being a weird level

General LiWar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2008, 02:57 PM   #3
M@RS
The New Tax Collector

very, it took me after dying several times, that maybe I should just run until later, and I was right

Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2008, 09:54 AM   #4
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

He can't die?! What the ****?!

If I can take out the *******, then I deserve to kill him! Why does he get to be immortal?!

Stupid game programers!
Old 08-13-2008, 04:38 AM   #5
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura View Post
He can't die?! What the ****?!

If I can take out the *******, then I deserve to kill him! Why does he get to be immortal?!

Stupid game programers!
He's only immortal until you destroy the weapons caches - then you can kill him. It'd be a pretty boring level if you could kill him straight off the bat.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2008, 02:14 PM   #6
Mikouen
Rookie

Not kill, exactly. Merely defeat.

He can't be killed because he has canonical appearances within the Expanded Universe that take place after the events of Jedi Academy.
Mikouen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2008, 02:27 PM   #7
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Very true, Kouen.

In answer to the original question, of how to kill Boba Fett:

Become Karen Traviss, and then get bored with the character. That'll finish him off.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:48 PM   #8
katanamaru

ZING!
Seriously, what gives with making Fett all whiney about his dad!? Hated that part in the Legacy books. "Wah! I'm not as good as Jango." Give me a break, he is the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy.
katanamaru is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2008, 03:13 PM   #9
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katanamaru View Post
ZING!
I'm still bitter over Mara, I guess. If she had to die, which she really didn't, they should have got Zahn to do it, after all.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:57 PM   #10
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Current Game: Pheonix Wright
Boba Fett can die in a sense. You could do NPC kill all and he will instantly die. However once you do this the level becomes unplayable as after you do the weapons cache's that objective to defeat Boba Fett comes up. How can you kill something that is already dead?

"There's gotta be a better way to make a living"
-Kyle Katarn
DeadYorick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2008, 07:57 PM   #11
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor_Kaine View Post
He's only immortal until you destroy the weapons caches - then you can kill him. It'd be a pretty boring level if you could kill him straight off the bat.
Instead, the level is impossible to get through the first time... because the first thing to do is eliminate the threat before you can go on to your other objectives. I don't know how many times I played that level. He simply wouldn't... die.

PS Luke and Kyle are conical, yet they can die.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:53 PM   #12
Mikouen
Rookie

Yeah, but the game ends immediately if they do.

The level's very possible to get through, I did it just fine first time around. I simply kept my head down, avoided getting shot and fulfilled my objective. Easy peasy.

The trick is to not consider eliminating enemies as a priority, because really, eliminating them serves no purpose unless they're directly preventing objective completion. Remember, you'll have more enemies paying attention to you, if you draw their attention in the first place.

I tend to use typically more... "subtle" methods in most games, and tend to have greater success than those who shoot first, ask questions later.

Although that does wind my team members up in FPS games when I don't just target the nearest enemy. The complain that my kill count isn't high enough, but if I weren't going for tactical strikes, their death counts would likely be a lot higher. Heh. "Use a sniper to catch a sniper!", to alliterate the old proverb....

In the immortal words of Sun Tzu:

"To gain a hundred victories in a hundred battles, is not the highest of excellence. To subvert the enemy without doing battle, is the highest of excellence."
Mikouen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2009, 08:36 AM   #13
RaidenX15
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura View Post
How do you kill fett? No matter how much I throw at him, he refuses to die. I want to get my mission done, but I have to kill him first. How does one go about it? Thank.
LOL I had the same problem. You have to destroy the weapon caches and run from Boba Fett. Then when you destroy all of them you fight Boba Fett until you kill him. Took me a while to figure out also LOL.
RaidenX15 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Academy > How do you kill Boba Fett?