lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Knights of the Old Republic : The Jedi Masters
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-01-2008, 10:08 PM   #121
assassing3
Rookie

Dont we need to edit the modules so wouldnt we need to back up that as well
(the modules folder)
assassing3 is offline   you may:
Old 10-02-2008, 05:41 AM   #122
Darth Novotnus
Rookie

Current Game: TSL
Depends if those are new modules, or reskined modules from TSL. If it's just a reskin - you don't need to touch Modules folder.
Anyway, the mod looks great on presentet trailer. If it's the same in-game, you are a genius, Trex.
I have one question: is the last shot of the trailer showing Nihilus destroying a planet?

Last edited by Darth Novotnus; 10-02-2008 at 05:57 AM.
Darth Novotnus is offline   you may:
Old 10-02-2008, 06:00 AM   #123
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
I'm curious about the HK droid with lightsabers.

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may:
Old 10-02-2008, 06:11 AM   #124
zbyl2

Contest winner - Modding Veteran Modder 
Even if there are only reskins, he need to edit at least one module, where you start normal game, and put there his stuff. I don't think there's any way to start game in custom module.
New trailer is great. Love it, just love it

I just got a question. How long will it take to play entire mod? Is it long as TSL, or maybe longer (it would require A LOT work, I know, but you did a lot of work already so perphaps...)? Just curious.
zbyl2 is offline   you may:
Old 10-02-2008, 06:38 AM   #125
Darth Novotnus
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Payne View Post
They look like droids Vader trained with in Shadows of the Empire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbyl2 View Post
Even if there are only reskins, he need to edit at least one module, where you start normal game, and put there his stuff.
But it's easier to get it back to normal TSL this way : )

Quote:
I just got a question. How long will it take to play entire mod? Is it long as TSL, or maybe longer (it would require A LOT work, I know, but you did a lot of work already so perphaps...)? Just curious.
I guess it has been said the mod is about 16 hours. But im' also curious if it's only mail plot, or main plot with subquests...
Old 10-02-2008, 06:46 AM   #126
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by assassing3 View Post
Dont we need to edit the modules so wouldnt we need to back up that as well
(the modules folder)
Quote:
Even if there are only reskins, he need to edit at least one module, where you start normal game,.
Ah, good point. Forgot about that.

See I actually use myPocket plane mod. whether I'm playing TJM or as normal, then load it up from there. So yes, you would have to remove some of the modules instead.

If it helps, I will be releasing this as an installing/uninstalling exe file. If you want to switch them around, just uninstall. The save games won't be altered, so if you want to reinstall again, you can and just pick up where you left off.

This is partly what the Beta testing is for, so I'll make sure it works over the next week some time.

Another way might be to just have a back-up copy of your modules folder and switch them around same as the override.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Novotnus View Post
I have one question: is the last shot of the trailer showing Nihilus destroying a planet?
Well I'd hate to give spoilers as that particular shot happens towards the end, but I will say that it's not Nihilus, and that the person is using a similar technique and that Nihilus is watching.

Make of that what you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Payne View Post
Well, since you ask, I'll actually explain this one.

Originally, I was personally going to do the voice of Kannos, the guy talking in the trailer. I decided against this as my voice isn't actually that imposing (my R's and W's can can get mixed up).

Anyway, I ultimately decided to give myself a smaller but important cameo as none other than the supreme chancellor himself (the part is about the same size as Terence Stamp's in EP1). Not only is it my voice, but I made him look like me too, so you'll sort of get to see what I look like in this.

The HK with the lightsabers, is the HK-1000, my private bodyguard who follows me around everywhere like a shadow. He was bought on special order from HK-47's droid factory.

If I'm going to have a special bodyguard, it's gonna be a cool one.

Quote:
This is an awkward one to answer. I stated earlier that the mod has around 16 hours of gamplay, but that's only an educated guess.

Example :

The main quest of one planet is about finding out which three out of thirty suspects are spys. You're meant to solve this by tracing the signals from their hidden transmitters.

I however, don't need to bother with all that. I know which ones are the spies. I made them. So it takes me about five minutes to do this quest. Players might take closer to two hours.

I still stand by 16 hours for a thorough play through, but it depends on the player. Does anyone happen to know the official gameplay time of KOTOR2?

Quote:
I guess it has been said the mod is about 16 hours. But im' also curious if it's only mail plot, or main plot with subquests...
The 16 hour estimate is for everything,, subquests and all.

KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC : THE JEDI MASTERS
PLAY THE TOTAL CONVERSION MOD NOW! . | If you're interested, my almighty fanfic can be read here.
Trex is offline   you may:
Old 10-02-2008, 09:24 AM   #127
Master Shake

Current Game: kotor 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trex View Post
Well I'd hate to give spoilers as that particular shot happens towards the end, but I will say that it's not Nihilus, and that the person is using a similar technique and that Nihilus is watching.

Make of that what you will.
Gasp! An Apprentice.
Master Shake is offline   you may:
Old 10-02-2008, 09:31 AM   #128
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Or did he do a Sidious and jump into a clone body.

My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:41 AM   #129
Christos K
Forumite

Ok I will just make 2 Overide and 2 Module folders for when I want to switch between Star Wars KotOR 2 with TSLRP and other mods & Star Wars KotOR 3 what one person could accomplish that a company could only destroy in the process.

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may:
Old 10-04-2008, 04:13 PM   #130
Darth Novotnus
Rookie

Do we have a chance for open beta? I really want to play it : )
And one more question: a green Jawa? : )
Old 10-04-2008, 04:37 PM   #131
Pikmin

Sweet, looks great. Can't wait to play it!!!!
Pikmin is offline   you may:
Old 10-04-2008, 07:13 PM   #132
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Do we have a chance for open beta? I really want to play it : )
Well, to give a rough update I've played through the first level ( my 'Peragus') four times now, and I've only hit two major bugs. One's solved (typo of a warp script) and the other is an 'entry waypoint' on the wrong side of the door (rookie mistake ). All other unsolved bugs (about 30) are basically either typos in dialogs or poorly balanced characters (usually too weak). I also did all my levels chronologically.

My point is that the bug solving process so far looks like it will be thankfully short. I made it a priority along the way to test out any 'planets' as I did them and it seems to have paid off.

Basically I'm saying that I could release a Beta, but it hopefully won't be that long until a full working alpha is available, so I'll just wait until then.

Quote:
And one more question: a green Jawa? : )
Ootataa is complicated. Very, very, very complicated.

PLAY THE TOTAL CONVERSION MOD NOW! . | If you're interested, my almighty fanfic can be read here.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:35 PM   #133
assassing3
Rookie

im predicting a November release correct me if im wrong
assassing3 is offline   you may:
Old 10-14-2008, 05:54 PM   #134
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by assassing3 View Post
im predicting a November release correct me if im wrong
Hopefully. Although a lot of the making at this point is down to my own preference of what's included, so it's hard to tell.

For instance, this week I've decided to cut out all but two out of the original six romances (one for male PCs and one for females). The other four all felt like rushed, cut down versions of these. I think if 2 roms were good enough for KOTOR1 though, it's good enough for my mod.

It'll mean slightly less replayability, but less bugs to sort out, and therefore a sooner release date.

On a lighter note, there's also a WIP update. The first level (my 'Peragus') is 100% bug free. I think if the full release isn't done my the end of November I might release it as a Demo.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:20 AM   #135
Christos K
Forumite

Ok cool by the time it is released by winter I will find time to buy a new graphics and install KotOR 2 and I am sure TSL should also be about done. You know just incase you might want to wait until TSL is released because there might be something that conflicts that you can quickly change with script but that is IMO to make more fans not go crazy if somethine like thats happens.

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may:
Old 10-15-2008, 11:05 AM   #136
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
IT'S ALMOST HERE!!!!! SO CLOSE!!!!!! JUST ANOTHER MONTH OR TWO!!!!!!!

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may:
Old 10-15-2008, 11:08 AM   #137
zbyl2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorenna View Post
IT'S ALMOST HERE!!!!! SO CLOSE!!!!!! JUST ANOTHER MONTH OR TWO!!!!!!!
People saying things like that about TSLRP since months
Old 10-15-2008, 12:24 PM   #138
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Well, still, it makes me feel better to say it.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:35 PM   #139
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
So...a green jawa...I like the sound of that...
Chevron 7 locke is online now   you may:
Old 10-23-2008, 06:01 AM   #140
Darth Novotnus
Rookie

I hope the project will be continued, even with stiupid TOR comming?

Ok, folks, 'bumping' threads around here with posts like this are spam, I have pruned some of them, so no more of these ok, the mod maker will post updates when they have any, communications of this type need to be conducted via PM (Private Message) instead. Thanks. -RH

>Sorry for that - i just wanted to ask Trex and point that I still count on this one and can't wait to play it. Didn't mean to spam the Forum.

Last edited by Darth Novotnus; 10-24-2008 at 06:01 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:43 PM   #141
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Well, first of all, WIP update.

Second of all, a few new new screens :

Third of all, an answer to the above questions.

The project is still going ahead. I could try to alter the story in accordance with the MMORPG, but it would be far too much hassle. If nothing else, the MMO story premise states that Revan never returned to the known galaxy, however, in my storyline mod, Revan's return is one main plot points.

It will therefore continue as intended, regardless of forthcoming games. Canon can kiss my [insert expletive].

Old 10-23-2008, 08:06 PM   #142
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

I like Bastilla's new clothes. In fact, I think I like them better than the original.

Can't wait!

Short stories:

Old 10-23-2008, 08:12 PM   #143
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

I liked that as well.

It does look a little incomplete though.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:51 AM   #144
zbyl2

Quote:
Canon can kiss my [insert expletive].
Why not re-write canon? I'm gonna like this mod much more than a MMO
Well, I see you have fixed a lot of bugs already, it's really good. Can't wait to see your mod release
Old 10-24-2008, 05:46 AM   #145
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

You could always consider this mod to be AU. (Alternate Universe)

Old 10-24-2008, 06:13 AM   #146
Darth Novotnus
Rookie

Quote:
It will therefore continue as intended, regardless of forthcoming games. Canon can kiss my [insert expletive].
Thanks the Maker for that : ) As I said, in my private canon this will be the end of the story, not idiotic MMO. Screw you, LucasArse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Payne
You could always consider this mod to be AU. (Alternate Universe)
And there is a chance it will be more popular than Star Wars Infinities.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:41 AM   #147
DarthVrook
Rookie

when you can download it and at wich section at the game this mod will be active
DarthVrook is offline   you may:
Old 10-24-2008, 04:16 PM   #148
Pikmin

It is a full conversion it starts when you create your character, not at a certain point in TSL.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:39 PM   #149
Darth Novotnus
Rookie

As far as I can guess it will start on redone Peragus and from there you can get to the new adventure.
It's great that Trex is still working on the project and doesn't want to alter the plot. I really can't wait to play this mod (for me this one nad Revange of Revan are KOTROs3 - I don't care for idiotic MMO)
Old 10-24-2008, 10:05 PM   #150
Pikmin

I think that this mod is great, but i'll still be buying and supporting the MMO as long as possible.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:52 PM   #151
CrisG
Aging Jedi

The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
this mod looks great, congrats on the hard effort. I too will be supporting the MMO along with all the other great work going on in restoration. All is about the same universe.

There is no Chaos, There is Harmony.
----------------------------------------------------
Admin 3D Worlds and Game Developers Group - Linkedin - "We Build Worlds"
DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR
CrisG is offline   you may:
Old 10-25-2008, 03:23 AM   #152
totallyclueless
Rookie

I am pretty sure this will be done before the MMO is done so it will give us all something to do while we wait. Trex I am in awe of you. I can't even figure out how to use the tools. What you have done is mind blowing. Way to go.
totallyclueless is offline   you may:
Old 10-25-2008, 06:01 AM   #153
DarthVrook
Rookie

who is your chrackter revan or someone else?
DarthVrook is offline   you may:
Old 10-25-2008, 08:19 AM   #154
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVrook View Post
who is your chrackter revan or someone else?
Both Revan and the Exile feature in the game, but you play as a new character. Due to my being a fan of a particular TV show, I've taken the opportunity to name the PC 'the doctor'. Obviously you get to choose your own name, but most characters will be calling you doctor/doc etc.

Quote:
As far as I can guess it will start on redone Peragus and from there you can get to the new adventure.
You don't even have to go to Peragus. The mod takes over the game from the main menu. Observe :

One more thing. I've decided to change it to ten years after KOTOR2, not twenty. In retrospect, it was unnecessary to have it that far away, and the closer it is to TSL the more a part of the series it feels to me.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:10 AM   #155
Pikmin

So how does the mod use the exile? Do you get to decide his/her appearance as well as gender? (Revan obviously wears a mask to his/her face doesn't matter)
Old 10-25-2008, 09:34 AM   #156
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikmin View Post
So how does the mod use the exile? Do you get to decide his/her appearance as well as gender? (Revan obviously wears a mask to his/her face doesn't matter)
Decided to just make this as canon a while ago, so the Exile is female & LS. As for which appearance, I actually started this poll a while ago without telling anyone what it was really about : http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=190041. The most popular was fourteen, so that's what I went with.

I may add a way for it to change, but I'm undecided. Are a lot of people bothered about what the Exile's appearance should be?

EDIT : Or at least fourteen was the most popular last time I looked. It seems more people have posted since then. Never mind.

Last edited by Trex; 10-25-2008 at 09:37 AM. Reason: EDIT : Or at least fourteen was the most popular last time I looked. It seems more people have posted since then. Never mind.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:52 PM   #157
Riot Razer
Rookie

it looks great since you had it mostly completed before you released it.
Although i might not download it considering it would override the option of Revenge of Reven and the colors look way too bright for my eyes, sorry, but keep it going. if there is a slight option to tone it down I would absolutley download it.
as for the exile thing you could set up a poll for male as well then make an alternate option in the conversation to say if the exile was light dark male or female and have the charecter differ acordingly.... unless it messes up the plot. Ill keep looking into the progress

PS go head 9

we got some credit cards and then we made some bad choices

like upgrading our flag.......
Private Leonard Church
Riot Razer is offline   you may:
Old 10-25-2008, 05:51 PM   #158
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Razer View Post
PS go head 9
Agreed. 9's the best for LS. 14 just seems--darker.

Short stories:

Old 10-25-2008, 06:17 PM   #159
XSASweet
Lurker

Man, I can't wait. It looks amazing
XSASweet is offline   you may:
Old 10-25-2008, 07:29 PM   #160
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Although i might not download it considering it would override the option of Revenge of Reven
You can very easily have both. See an earlier post in the thread about creating more than one override folder.

Quote:
and the colors look way too bright for my eyes,
Interesting. I've had several comments saying it's too dark, this is the first one saying it's too bright. Could you be more specific?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorenna View Post
Agreed. 9's the best for LS. 14 just seems--darker.
Yeah, alright. I give in. It shouldn't be that hard to allow you to choose. Different dialog options spawning different utc files etc. I'll see what I can do in regards of allowing the exile appearance to be chosen.

Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Knights of the Old Republic : The Jedi Masters