lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Seriously.. No one is disappointed with this game??
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-22-2008, 02:37 PM   #41
fastfed
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 21
Honestly.. I could care less about Jedi Knight or academy.. I don't think they are the best games.. The only reason I like it, is because the force powers and saber are done extremely well.

I was not really expecting TFU to be Conan or God of War with a light saber..
I was not expecting little health bars above an enemies head.
Hey it is what it is.. I just cannot believe you all think this is a great game, besides even the major fail they did with the forces and light saber, the game play is pretty weak.. The camera control on is is horrible, its very clunky as it sits. And who ever said they don't release the "full" graphics for a demo, well I don't even need to comment on that. What you see now, is just how the real game will be played.
fastfed is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2008, 02:44 PM   #42
Astor
It's Thornhill!
 
Astor's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Warwickshire, UK
Posts: 3,632
Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfed
I just cannot believe you all think this is a great game, besides even the major fail they did with the forces and light saber, the game play is pretty weak..
You're displaying opinion as fact, which really isn't a very good way of getting a point across. I haven't played it yet, but I seriously doubt it is as bad as you are making it out to be - and your complaining is getting kind of old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfed
And who ever said they don't release the "full" graphics for a demo, well I don't even need to comment on that. What you see now, is just how the real game will be played.
Are you a dev for the Force Unleashed? No? Then don't make those assumptions - Demos are often unpolished, bare-bones examples of what the full version could be like.






Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2008, 02:54 PM   #43
Da_Man_2423
Forumite
 
Da_Man_2423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 745
Current Game: NCAA Football 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfed View Post

I was not really expecting TFU to be Conan or God of War with a light saber..
So, what was going through your head while watching gameplay videos?

Quote:
I was not expecting little health bars above an enemies head.
Why does this bother you so much? Without it, you won't know when they are dead.

Quote:
Hey it is what it is.. I just cannot believe you all think this is a great game, besides even the major fail they did with the forces and light saber, the game play is pretty weak..
The demo starts you off at the lowest level possible (or at least really damn low), so all the Force powers and lightsaber combos aren't available. Besides the fact that the lightsaber controls aren't 100% like Jedi Knight, what don't you like about the Force powers?


Quote:
The camera control on is is horrible, its very clunky as it sits.
The camera works fine for me. That's what the thumbstick is for. You can also lock onto targets with one of the buttons (forget which one).

Quote:
What you see now, is just how the real game will be played.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor_Kaine
Are you a dev for the Force Unleashed? No? Then don't make those assumptions - Demos are often unpolished, bare-bones examples of what the full version could be like.


Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2008, 02:58 PM   #44
Ryazan
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 60
In the Jedi Knight games, many enemies also had sabers, and therefore were harder to kill, and therefore died in one hit to prevent the game from being too difficult. Since it's not that easy to actually get a hit in, it only takes one to kill. In TFU, the vast majority of enemies don't even have melee weapons, let alone sabers, therefore they are much easier to damage, therefore they can take more damage so that the game is not too easy.
Ryazan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2008, 03:15 PM   #45
Da_Man_2423
Forumite
 
Da_Man_2423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 745
Current Game: NCAA Football 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryazan View Post
In the Jedi Knight games, many enemies also had sabers, and therefore were harder to kill, and therefore died in one hit to prevent the game from being too difficult. Since it's not that easy to actually get a hit in, it only takes one to kill. In TFU, the vast majority of enemies don't even have melee weapons, let alone sabers, therefore they are much easier to damage, therefore they can take more damage so that the game is not too easy.
The Stormtroopers still generally only need 1-2 hits to take them down. The Rebels can take a lot more damage, but it's not like everyone is a boss battle. I actually found the Sith Lord difficulty somewhat easy...is there any way to unlock that difficulty below it?


Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2008, 03:49 PM   #46
Aku
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryazan View Post
In the Jedi Knight games, many enemies also had sabers, and therefore were harder to kill, and therefore died in one hit to prevent the game from being too difficult. Since it's not that easy to actually get a hit in, it only takes one to kill. In TFU, the vast majority of enemies don't even have melee weapons, let alone sabers, therefore they are much easier to damage, therefore they can take more damage so that the game is not too easy.
It should be noted that the Saber-wielding enemies in Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy DIDN'T die in one hit though. They required quite a few hits actually.
The hit detection system in those games do some really weird things at times, which may make it seem like you don't actually hit them up to ten times before they die.


What people need to realize is that if this is a spiritual sequel to anything, then it's to Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith.
Heck, Hayden Blackman even took part in the making of that game.
Aku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2008, 07:53 PM   #47
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller
 
GeneralPloKoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 1,532
Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
I found no problems with the demo except it was short.
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2008, 07:57 PM   #48
Da_Man_2423
Forumite
 
Da_Man_2423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 745
Current Game: NCAA Football 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPloKoon View Post
I found no problems with the demo except it was short.
Well, yeah, it is a demo. I don't wanna play through the whole TIE factory before getting the actual game. (Don't think that was all of it, at least)


Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2008, 04:11 PM   #49
RyuuKage
Junior Member
 
RyuuKage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfed View Post
Its basically fable, God of War and conan with a light saber.
you clearly have never played any of those, if that's what you think...
RyuuKage is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2008, 09:05 PM   #50
fastfed
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuuKage View Post
you clearly have never played any of those, if that's what you think...

Played and beat them all..

look at Ninja Gaiden, that is what this game is, only its acceptable for someone to sustain more hits from a sword, or axe, as in GOW, but as we all know, a light saber is the weapon of all weapons..

I don't think you all understand here.. The decision to not allow a 1 kill hit saber attack comes from many reasons. The main reason for all of these things in the game come from money. This game is extremely appealing to the younger crowd as well as putting a T rating on the game. Fact is they should of used a nerf baseball bat instead of the saber, because the saber sure isn't acting like one..

How can anyone argue that? Sure its Starwars and we all love it, but this is nothing more than a super toned down, God of War, Ninja Gaiden and Conan, only PG
fastfed is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2008, 09:08 PM   #51
Da_Man_2423
Forumite
 
Da_Man_2423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 745
Current Game: NCAA Football 10
I don't think you understand. The enemies in this game are extremely easy to beat already, and allowing one hit kills would just make it all pointless.


Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2008, 01:34 AM   #52
goosefrappa
Lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfed View Post
Honestly.. I could care less about Jedi Knight or academy.. I don't think they are the best games.. The only reason I like it, is because the force powers and saber are done extremely well.
How so? If you play base, Duals are horribly over powered, and staff is op. Yeah talk about being well done, obviously you don't take balance into account when you say something is well done. Also with mods like JA+ and Clanmod, which alter the game play mechanics so slashes which go THROUGH an enemy don't do damage, yet when your opponent misses it does damage. Leaving duels to become a dodge and slash fest 'nuff said.

As for the force powers, how are they well done? You can't even have a force vs force battle properly without resorting to pull kick, flip kick or absorb spam to avoid getting effected by drain/lightning. That's well done huh?

To your comments about amazing MP. I've been banned from many servers for "laming" in the Free For All mode. There should be a mode called "DFA" (do effe all) and use the game like msn/aim/yim.
goosefrappa is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2008, 07:31 PM   #53
fastfed
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 21
Boy oh boy.. I do not think I was that far off with my review.. It looks as though this game is being considered one of the worst hype's of gaming in years..

Glad I was smart enough to see it though
fastfed is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2008, 08:57 PM   #54
theTuskenRaider
Lurker
 
theTuskenRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2
Just completed the game, it was amazing. Though way to short, I completed it under 5 hours.
theTuskenRaider is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2008, 09:29 PM   #55
Hawwi Joshe
Rookie
 
Hawwi Joshe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by theTuskenRaider View Post
Just completed the game, it was amazing. Though way to short, I completed it under 5 hours.
I've really liked it thus far as well. What console did you get it for?


"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." - Darth Vader

Hawwi Joshe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2008, 10:28 PM   #56
LordOfTheFish
Senior Member
 
LordOfTheFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 2,724
Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
Now that Ive played it (for Wii), I'm a little disappointed, but I still like it a lot!

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2008, 03:39 AM   #57
assassing3
Rookie
 
assassing3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 61
This game is about the Sith not jedi
thus if you look at the code of the sith

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

The force not lightsaber
could this game be better yes
will you enjoy i enjoy it no matter what
"a hell yes"
i like this new approach to star wars
assassing3 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2008, 03:57 AM   #58
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius
 
Rabish Bini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NSW, Aus
Posts: 2,128
Current Game: KotOR III
I loved the demo, and when I get the pre-ordered version tomorrow, I'm probably gonna love it more.

So what if it has an arcade-y feel, what's wrong with arcade games. Burnout 3 was an extremely arcade racer, yet it's rated by me, and heaps of critics, as one of the best games ever, metacritic gave it a total of 100 out of a possible 100!
I do not see your point behind, "the game is too arcade-y"


Yes
Rabish Bini is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2008, 11:35 AM   #59
Da_man
CHEATER (Apparently)
 
Da_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sunny Arizona
Posts: 1,173
Current Game: Team Fortress 2
I don't see anything wrong with "arcade-y" games. The whole Burnout series was very arcade-y besides maybe Paradise, but it is still a good series. So what if TFU is "arcade-y" IT is still AWESOME!

Da_man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2008, 02:34 PM   #60
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User
 
Ctrl Alt Del's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 3,814
Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabish Bini View Post
So what if it has an arcade-y feel, what's wrong with arcade games. Burnout 3 was an extremely arcade racer, yet it's rated by me, and heaps of critics, as one of the best games ever, metacritic gave it a total of 100 out of a possible 100!
I do not see your point behind, "the game is too arcade-y"
There's a big difference. Burnout is a racing game genre, while TFU is, or should be an action game. Can you imagine, for example, a decent arcade-ish RPG?

And for the record, I love Burnout.


Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2008, 03:05 PM   #61
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by assassing3 View Post
This game is about the Sith not jedi
thus if you look at the code of the sith

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

The force not lightsaber
could this game be better yes
will you enjoy i enjoy it no matter what
"a hell yes"
i like this new approach to star wars
That's the most inane argument in regards to this game that I've ever heard. I'm not ever sure who it's directed at.


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2008, 06:34 PM   #62
Darthmalius
Lurker
 
Darthmalius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Eureka California, USA
Posts: 8
I started playing the game last night. I was really looking forward to it and when I started as Vader (I don't think this is a spoiler is it?) I thought how awesome. I knew it was just a getting to know thw game and system moment but it was still pretty cool.

Unfortunatly I too found myself extreamly dissapointed. I guess I was just hoping this game would be a lot more than it is. I bought it for the Wii and I realize the graphics arn't as good and personaly I didn't really mind all the much besides I was expenting it especialy for the wii after all wii isn't HD and it's graphics capacity isn't all that good anyways.

I must say id I bought it for any other system I would consider not playing it at all but the wii adds an element that makes it worth playing. Although I agree with Lucasarts the Wiimotion and a little bit better 1:1 ratio saber system would have been a major inprovment. As it is I go for killing stokes and blocks and the guy just does whatever he wants most of the time which is frustraiting but unfortunalyu expected as well.

I'm afraid to even try duel mode whats the point whomever swings thier remote the fastest wins?

Where I am seriously dissapointed in is the lack of game to it. I haven't finished but I have gotten what seems like pretty far I was hoping I was mistaken but from what others are saying I am probly at least half way through.

the boss battles are major dissapointments it's all about weakness and moves. not about strategy. it's not about foce leaping behind the guy slashing behind you and hacking the dude up and then doing an upper cut swing to slice into him. it's about wait...swing block block block swing oh did I actualy get a hit in wow!

Now about what the guy was saying before about the liughtsaber physics being wrong. Well sorry to say thats just good game design if you could cut through anything even bosses in a single swing the game would be over before it began. Also a single laser bolt would kill you unless you activley blocked, repulsed and absorbed those shots and with the smounts pumped into you it's not possible in this game.

If there was a stelth element so you could act more like an assasin and sneak around corners and chock gaurdsw before they could see you and put up force shields and such it might be ok to have real physics. Unfortunaly thats not so.

I am a huge Knights of the old Republic fan. I love RPGs. They are my favorite genera of game I love to get in get involved customize my character and gear, weapons, armor. But there is little of that in here. There isn't any run here and there and complete quests and basicly dwell in an enviroment for a while interacting with interesting characters and worlds. So I have to say thats the #1 dissapointing thing for me.

Now I love what they did with the game. I like the fact that He doesn't just have two slices and that his force push doesn't have a null effect against bosses and such. This game is a great start for what would be a game of games. This shouldn't have been the end result. It should have been just another game for Lucasarts hyping an even bigger game they would apply the lessons the learned making this one too.

I am sort of looking forward to getting and playing Clone Wars Duels too but if the saber system is anything like this one it might not be worth it. Hurry up Wi Motion Plus the force needs you!
Darthmalius is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2008, 01:24 AM   #63
csneo23
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfed View Post
Honestly.. I could care less about Jedi Knight or academy.. I don't think they are the best games.. The only reason I like it, is because the force powers and saber are done extremely well.

I was not really expecting TFU to be Conan or God of War with a light saber..
I was not expecting little health bars above an enemies head.
Hey it is what it is.. I just cannot believe you all think this is a great game, besides even the major fail they did with the forces and light saber, the game play is pretty weak.. The camera control on is is horrible, its very clunky as it sits. And who ever said they don't release the "full" graphics for a demo, well I don't even need to comment on that. What you see now, is just how the real game will be played.
I think the problem here is people don't know the difference between good and bad because most of us are either not even star wars fans or have seen or read original classic books or movies. I believe the author of this thread and other people in this forum who do not like the game aren't being taken correctly. Take the movie that came out this summer the DARK KNIGHT with heath ledger playing joker. THat movie was good because of heath ledger in my opinion of course and without him I think the movie wouldn't have been half as good. Now people that are really die hard star wars fans and gamers expected something revolutionary. Something that hit them as hard as jedi outcast did or as hard as the first kotor game did. It isn't that they wanted to the same game, it's more like they wanted something brilliant and evolutionary, something that would change games and hopefully as a bonus the SW story line as well. The game in my opinion (since we are so fond of calling people out on fact), was extremely disappointing. THat is not to say that it wasn't deserving of a rating that is 7.2 (which is a fact and is what it got on IGN). But who cares about reviewers points of views. I was looking for a video game to be like N64 goldeneye, a revolution in SW and it wasn't that. Is it a "good" game? I guess, I mean if your the type to settle on things but then again halo 2 was a "good" game (the multiplayer was nothing short of great but I'm referring to the SP), so was splinter cell Pandora Tomorrow. But in a year or two will TFU really be remembered. No, it won't even thought of. It will sit on the shelf collecting dust, and that is not where I expected my $60+ dollars to go.
csneo23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2008, 04:00 AM   #64
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius
 
Rabish Bini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NSW, Aus
Posts: 2,128
Current Game: KotOR III
I think they should've gone the whole nine yards and added in a scoring system and leaderboard for every level, complete with insane scores the developers got, that would've been sweet as, and would've added replayability for me


Yes
Rabish Bini is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2008, 03:01 PM   #65
Darthmalius
Lurker
 
Darthmalius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Eureka California, USA
Posts: 8
I just finished the game. I stand by my review earlier.

I would just like to inject that I am a huge SW fan I have seen every movie in the dozens of times I collect the figures and vehicals as well as pens paper and plates and whatever. So I'm not just a gamer.

I did like the storyline but it wasn't the greatest I am curious how the the novel takes the events but I was hoping to get the story through the game but it seems there is a lot the novel probly has that is left out in the game.

The repeditiveness is a little dissapointing revisiting the same places again and again in a linier fashion. If it's going to be linier it shouldn't be repeditive. If it's going to be repeditive it should have been more like KOTOR where you can visit whatever planet you want in whatever order you want to.

The combat system was good I liked the improvments especialy for the wii but it still had some bugs and the big bosses all had cheats that made it mot all that fun to fight.

When i was fighting I tried doing actual blocks from what the guy was throwing at me and then they liked usualy to hold a very high stance with thier weapons so I would try uppercuts and lower slicies to come up from under thier defences but thats not what my characters did which was dissapointing. The saber reacted well to my movements but not very accuratly. Also the recovery time was a problem. They want a penalty for getting hit or getting blocked they go on the fact that if in real life your hit it takes a bit to recover sometimes but they ignore the fact that you can anticipate failure and you can even plan for a counterstrike even while being fuorted. so when I getr hit and I go to toss out a lightning ball as I am flying back or roll back from a hit and toss out a force push I take too long to recover and then just end up getting hit again and again.

The big bosses like the AT-ST have auto hits that are just stupid they are ways to keep you from just walking up and slicing them up with impunity. Well thats what I should be able to do. Should I get squished if I get stepped on? yes I should have to dodge that. But jumping up to the window the slice at them and getting auto knocked back just from touching the "wrong" place? thats stupid. And there are other bosses that are worse if youy land near they your hit even if your not being actually hit by then. We saw Legolus grab the elephante's tusk and find his way up the things weapons to get on top and kill it. We should be able to do similar things. Climb right up the thing and beat the crap out of hit not get auto hit cause they think it's more sporting and makes it more of a boss for us.

But I did enjoy the story it was very fun it was the only thing that met my expectations. It didn't exceed them. I was expecting a huge twist I was hearing all about but it never came. honestly I think they just said "How about if we make this happen?" and did it not thinking at all that it didn't really make sence in the scheme of things. I mean an event of that nature should have a resounding impact not just never mentioned again especialy when Luke joins up and it's like "Hey another jedi you know the last one .....".

Anyways I really liked the game I am playing it again to try to get all the holocrans which I am finding because of the gameplay and camera limitations is extreamly difficult and sometimes I have no time to search a boss area because I can't get away from him to search and the camer is trained on the boss so I can't look around very easly. Another major problem with the game is the camera angles and your lack of control over it. If you stand still you can look around but if your moving you should be able to change your views by changing your character position but it's usualy not that simple in smaller spaces. Is it tough to get a good angle in a small space with an over the shoulder camera angle? Yes but nothing worth doing will be easy to do.
Darthmalius is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2008, 06:32 PM   #66
theparallaxview
Lurker
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1
honestly i think they did a horrible job with this game, don't get me wrong.. i think all of the force effects are cool but like i dont get how on the 2nd difficulty, the 2nd darth vader fight (when you choose to kill him) is nearly impossible, and how I had a much easier time with taking down the star destroyer on the 2nd difficulty than on the first one, I still can't do it on the first difficulty, its ****ing ridiculous. and imo, the game is too short for the story.
theparallaxview is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2008, 07:07 PM   #67
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk
 
SW01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northern Ireland, UK
Posts: 1,075
Current Game: Real Life
I just got the game today. And as far as I'm concerned this game is...

...great! The graphics are just...wow...the story is at least original, and as for difficulty, I'm playing on Sith Warrior and I've had my rear handed to me several times - not least by the bosses.

Battles appear more tactical than some other SW offerings...such as the Ep. 3 tie-in...with attempting to bypass defenses and adapting tactics to multiple enemies.

spoiler:
Especially in the fights on Felucia - the warriors supported by Shaman seem impervious to melee, but keep closing on you. The fight with Shaak Ti is much the same, I think.


Is it a KotOR beater? No. But it was never going to be. Is it as good as JK? Well, I've only played JA, but this has a better story, a better battle system, and all that.

Does it live up to the hype? How could it - really? The same happened with GTA IV and Assassin's Creed - they were built up so much that there was no way it could match expectations.

My opinion - a good game, worth buying, and enjoying. If other SW console games build on this, we should finally have some decent ones that don't centre on LEGO.


SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2008, 08:52 PM   #68
Negative Sun
Death to all but metal!
 
Negative Sun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tropical Scotland
Posts: 2,683
Current Game: NWN
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW01 View Post
Is it a KotOR beater? No. But it was never going to be. Is it as good as JK? Well, I've only played JA, but this has a better story, a better battle system, and all that.
JO is like a million times better, story-wise...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Nion View Post
Roger Roger
Dude, can you fix your sig picture please it's like way too huge! 120px max in height I'm sure it is



"I killed a man cause he killed my goat."
Negative Sun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2008, 09:31 PM   #69
HerbieZ
Mythical Beast
 
HerbieZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 2,053
I just finished it. I loved it personally, it had the charm of the original trilogy all over it. It was parallel with how good Shadows of the Empire was in it's day. I especially loved the visuals such as the junk-jedi temple and pretty much all of Raxus Prime. Best of all was the script and acting in it. It was better than the films, and Sam Witwer's voice really fit into the role well. The graphics were good enough to pick up the little nuances of the characters. The slight head movements and looks that define someones expression. This is the only game i have seen do that to such a high level. These factors made the game rate high for me. Creating pretty cool scenes like the death of the Junk-Jedi, the story was also fantastic.

The only things i had problems with were the button press finishing moves that took my focus off what was actually going on on-screen and the Star Destroyer death scene. I followed the on-screen instructions yet it took me ages as the Star Destroyer had to be in a VERY specific position for you to start bringing it down.


Waking up.
HerbieZ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2008, 06:29 AM   #70
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius
 
Rabish Bini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NSW, Aus
Posts: 2,128
Current Game: KotOR III
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW01 View Post
Does it live up to the hype? How could it - really? The same happened with GTA IV and Assassin's Creed - they were built up so much that there was no way it could match expectations.
Whoa! Hold the phone! GTA IV didn't live up to expectations? Not only did it live up to them, it shattered them, easily.

Anyway, no, I am not disappointed by this game, and a lot of other aren't either, you're title has no merit, as there are plenty of people who are disappointed, thus, another thread title has failed.


Yes
Rabish Bini is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2008, 08:45 AM   #71
Henz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 362
GTA 4 was crap.

I'm getting this game for my birthday. Hopefully my xbox is back in time (Red Ring of Death )
Henz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2008, 09:08 AM   #72
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User
 
Ctrl Alt Del's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 3,814
Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabish Bini View Post
Anyway, no, I am not disappointed by this game, and a lot of other aren't either, you're title has no merit, as there are plenty of people who are disappointed, thus, another thread title has failed.
So that disqualifies any comments of people who didn't liked the game? And that isn't even his case.


Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2008, 09:16 AM   #73
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius
 
Rabish Bini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NSW, Aus
Posts: 2,128
Current Game: KotOR III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
So that disqualifies any comments of people who didn't liked the game? And that isn't even his case.
I never said that though, did I? I was saying that the title of the thread wasn't a very smart choice. That's all.

@Henz: I've just lost faith in humanity


Yes
Rabish Bini is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2008, 11:28 PM   #74
Master Desann
Lurker
 
Master Desann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1
I don't think "Disappointed" is the right word

I think criticisms would be a better word. Ultimately, I like the game as most do. However, there are some game elements that I could do without. IE: Cheap Deaths. Further, I would like to be able to block when I really need to. For example, I just spent the last hour trying to beat the Jedi Shaak Ti. I began to notice a pattern with her and I was ready for her "Force Push" counter-attack but I can't block it no matter how close or far away she is. I can jump over it but I can't block it. It is blockable I have done it before. I'm not talking about her charged-up attack, it's just a force push. The block control is very slow to respond. Some more work on the block control really should have been done. Additionally, the game should have some equality to it. Is it really necessary for some of the opponents to be nearly impossible to beat? The gameplay is really punishing. The more powerful I become in terms of force power, the more my opponents run over me in a fight. Unreal! A 14 second fight is fair? I was trounced out there. This apprentice isn't learning anything if he can get his face kicked in inside of 15 seconds. I could also do without the charged-up attacks from the opponents. When they are charging up, they can't be attacked. When I charge up, I can get smashed. Not fair and not equal.

More thoughts in terms of equality in the game, why is it necessary for additional opponents to be part of the boss stages? I'm just one guy, why fight a boss and 20 other guys too? The boss is hard enough.

In terms of other thoughts I have, I really don't like the targeting especially when there are multiple attackers. It really is pretty useless. My thought is, if you are going to target an enemy specifically, you should be able to do certain things with the targeted enemy. IE: Jump into the air over the opponent and swing the lightsaber downward toward the head of the opponent. Think, the Jedi Outcast series. Kyle Katarn's move. Targeting should have it's own set of moves. Moves you can only do to a targeted enemy. The cut scenes are great but I don't like the interactive ones much. When I need to push buttons in a specific series to beat an opponent, I don't feel powerful. Why is it that the really cool moves can only be done in the interactive cut scenes? Why can't I get to a level of power so massive that I can lift an ATST and slam it down all by myself? Now that's power! This game missed the mark there in terms of feeling really powerful. I'm sure Darth Vader himself could rip a ATST in half with just a fraction of his total power so why can't his apprentice do similar things? Just a thought.

Wow! This post is getting long. I could go on but as I said before, ultimately I like the game. I bought it and tried to keep Kyle Katarn out of my head when playing. I didn't think the game would be similar to those and I was right. Is it better, I would say no. The characters in this game don't make me mad enough to want them dead. I will fight them and try to beat them but they don't get my engine running. Master Desann from the Jedi Outcast series on the other hand, made me really mad. His comments, his demeanor, his ego and a meriad of other things. I desperately wanted to get to fight him and I couldn't wait to cut him in half which ultimately I finally did. So, just to recap, the game is cool but it's lacking in some areas. I haven't beaten the whole thing yet but I'm still interested in the conclusion.

Thanks for reading
Master Desann is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2008, 11:42 PM   #75
Rev7
I'm a Mage
 
Rev7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,208
Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
Ya, I finished the game yesterday, and I was pleased with it. The only thing that I was dissappointed with was not being able to choose your ending, and the end itself on the PS2 version of the game. I think that the ending was a little bit...lacking for some reason.

I really do think that it is a fun game, and I love the acting in it. Just how you use the force powers in the game is fun! Great game if you ask me. I am already on my second playthrough...

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2008, 01:27 AM   #76
TriggerGod
Senior Member
 
TriggerGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: hiding
Posts: 2,415
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev7 View Post
Ya, I finished the game yesterday, and I was pleased with it. The only thing that I was dissappointed with was not being able to choose your ending, and the end itself on the PS2 version of the game. I think that the ending was a little bit...lacking for some reason.
The Wii version has that. Did you kill vader or did you attack the Emperor? Doing one causes one ending, and doing the other causes the other ending.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev7 View Post
I really do think that it is a fun game, and I love the acting in it.
Yes. It is very nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev7 View Post
Just how you use the force powers in the game is fun!
Yeah, its giving me an exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev7 View Post
Great game if you ask me. I am already on my second playthrough...
As am I. In the Wii Version (not sure about other versions), but, after you finish the game, your asked if you want to go through the game again, with all the stuff you had at the Endgame (hilts, crystals, powers, outfits). So, with my powerful Apprentice, I just breezed through the TIE level and the first trip to the temple (Currently trying to find the hilt on Raxus Prime)
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2008, 06:11 PM   #77
Darthmalius
Lurker
 
Darthmalius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Eureka California, USA
Posts: 8
"The cut scenes are great but I don't like the interactive ones much. When I need to push buttons in a specific series to beat an opponent, I don't feel powerful. Why is it that the really cool moves can only be done in the interactive cut scenes? Why can't I get to a level of power so massive that I can lift an ATST and slam it down all by myself?"

I agree the truth is the cut scenes had all the best moves and even if thier going to be cut scenes I shouldn't have to press buttons or in the wii case which is what I have you shake controlers. The problem is I am so concerened with beating the little bastards that I miss all the cool moves because I am waiting to see what I need to do next to move on.

"The Wii version has that. Did you kill vader or did you attack the Emperor? Doing one causes one ending, and doing the other causes the other ending."

I am not sure where this choice is. There is also talk about taking down a star destroyer and how tough that is.

My star destroyer it taken down in a cut scene there is no interaction for me at all.

The ending first I beat vader, they don't ask my opinion they just throw me in to the fight. Then I have to fight the Emperor and again i don't get asked any options it just does it.

Where are thier options trees other people are getting or are they just for non Wii versions?
Darthmalius is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2008, 07:22 PM   #78
Juno Eclipse
Rookie
 
Juno Eclipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fremont
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthmalius View Post
"The cut scenes are great but I don't like the interactive ones much. When I need to push buttons in a specific series to beat an opponent, I don't feel powerful. Why is it that the really cool moves can only be done in the interactive cut scenes? Why can't I get to a level of power so massive that I can lift an ATST and slam it down all by myself?"

I agree the truth is the cut scenes had all the best moves and even if thier going to be cut scenes I shouldn't have to press buttons or in the wii case which is what I have you shake controlers. The problem is I am so concerened with beating the little bastards that I miss all the cool moves because I am waiting to see what I need to do next to move on.

"The Wii version has that. Did you kill vader or did you attack the Emperor? Doing one causes one ending, and doing the other causes the other ending."

I am not sure where this choice is. There is also talk about taking down a star destroyer and how tough that is.

My star destroyer it taken down in a cut scene there is no interaction for me at all.

The ending first I beat vader, they don't ask my opinion they just throw me in to the fight. Then I have to fight the Emperor and again i don't get asked any options it just does it.

Where are thier options trees other people are getting or are they just for non Wii versions?

The Wii, sadly does not have these as actual levels in the game. As you experienced, they are cut scenes
Juno Eclipse is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2008, 09:50 PM   #79
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk
 
SW01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northern Ireland, UK
Posts: 1,075
Current Game: Real Life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthmalius View Post
The ending first I beat vader, they don't ask my opinion they just throw me in to the fight. Then I have to fight the Emperor and again i don't get asked any options it just does it.

Where are thier options trees other people are getting or are they just for non Wii versions?
You don't get an actual option. This is how it works on PS3, don't know if Wii is the same:

spoiler:
After defeating Vader and watching the cutscene, you find yourself on a catwalk. Rush for the Emperor to fight him, or jump over the barrier to fight Vader again, and go dark.


SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2008, 10:29 PM   #80
Zerimar Nyliram
Senior Member
 
Zerimar Nyliram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Posts: 1,450
Forum Veteran 
My thoughts on this matter: if you were disappointed with this game, you expected too much. Sometimes it's very easy to build something up so much in our heads that what we expect to see is downright unrealistic, and the finished product will never be satisfactory. I, however, did not expect this game to be anything spectacular apart from the innovative Force grip functionality and really fun boss battles, which is exactly what we got and more, and I am quite pleased with it. (Except for the feeling that the 360 version is a little lacking as far as extra content goes. The two-player battle mode that the last-gen consoles have would have been a nice addition.)


Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Secret Apprentice's Logs > Seriously.. No one is disappointed with this game??

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:27 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.