lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Criticisms of the demo/things you want to see fixed/changed in the final game
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-23-2008, 05:30 PM   #1
MeleeMaster
Rookie
 
MeleeMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 158
Criticisms of the demo/things you want to see fixed/changed in the final game

Just so you know this isn't really a topic for suggesting brand new features or ideas for the game or anything like that.

This is for pointing out any criticisms you had of the demo or any small things that were bugging you that you might like to see fixed or changed for the final game.

Personally there were two little things that bugged me a tad.

1.The controls were alright, and I understand it must be difficult to make a good control scheme for this game, but in the final game it'd be nice to have customizable controls, incase some poeple don't like the defaults.

2.Also, I don't really like how you can't move at all when you're blocking, you should at least be able to strafe while guarding. I noticed you can auto-block a little bit while your running, but most of the time you don't. In the final game could we either be able to move somewhat while blocking right off the bat? Or could we have improved auto-blocking while running and/or the ability to move while holding block gained later in the game as abilities through leveling up?


Your auto-blocking is in vain! Only SP source code modification can allow you to block my desann-style attacks without being staggered now!
MeleeMaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2008, 05:38 PM   #2
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User
 
Ctrl Alt Del's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 3,814
Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeleeMaster View Post
2.Also, I don't really like how you can't move at all when you're blocking, you should at least be able to strafe while guarding. I noticed you can auto-block a little bit while your running, but most of the time you don't. In the final game could we either be able to move somewhat while blocking right off the bat? Or could we have improved auto-blocking while running and/or the ability to move while holding block gained later in the game as abilities through leveling up?
Well, in most action games you can't block while walking either.


Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2008, 05:46 PM   #3
Astor
It's Thornhill!
 
Astor's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Warwickshire, UK
Posts: 3,625
Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Besides, there's only 24 or so days till the final game's release. There's no way they'd be able to 'fix' anything now, even if it was in need of fixing.






Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2008, 06:02 PM   #4
Boba Rhett
I Slay Dragons
 
Boba Rhett's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Man-Room in Missouri
Posts: 13,805
Current Game: Scrolling Eldery
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! 
On the contrary, the game has yet to go gold which means it's entirely possible that they could tweak things before the release. Will they fix many of these problems though? I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'm hoping that they at least fix the actual bugs like the sound glitches and hangs I've seen multiple times now. Wonky gameplay decisions I can live with but annoying buggy crap like this needs to be dealt with.
Boba Rhett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2008, 06:15 PM   #5
RyuuKage
Junior Member
 
RyuuKage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 373
not much aside from the quirky opening video. of course since data in a demo is pretty much obsolete by the time it hits the public, i've little doubt things like that are already fixed, lol.
RyuuKage is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2008, 06:20 PM   #6
Da_Man_2423
Forumite
 
Da_Man_2423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 745
Current Game: NCAA Football 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba Rhett View Post
On the contrary, the game has yet to go gold which means it's entirely possible that they could tweak things before the release. Will they fix many of these problems though? I'm not getting my hopes up.
According to EU Cantina, the game went gold August 15th. That would obviously be before the demo came out.


Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2008, 08:01 PM   #7
fastfed
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 21
aaa.. The game went gold already. and even if it didn't they aren't going to change a thing.. It is what it is.
fastfed is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2008, 12:25 AM   #8
goosefrappa
Lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3
I found something that should work, but it doesn't. Go near a door and do the X-X-X-O combo (The one where you throw everyone in the air) and keep doing it. After a few times, it gets to the point where there should be enough space for Star Killer to fit. But he gets impeded by an invisible wall. It'd be doss if this could be fixed.
goosefrappa is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2008, 12:48 AM   #9
Da_Man_2423
Forumite
 
Da_Man_2423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 745
Current Game: NCAA Football 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by goosefrappa View Post
I found something that should work, but it doesn't. Go near a door and do the X-X-X-O combo (The one where you throw everyone in the air) and keep doing it. After a few times, it gets to the point where there should be enough space for Star Killer to fit. But he gets impeded by an invisible wall. It'd be doss if this could be fixed.
Probably not gonna fix it since the game has gone gold. Maybe in a patch via download?


Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2008, 01:38 AM   #10
Tomak Ta-Zak
Rookie
 
Tomak Ta-Zak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 95
The game is done and done nothing can be change unless a major issue occurs which won't happen haha. One thing I hope they put in is additional content, something that will make me want to play the game again. Like a cool aditional side mode would maybe be like kinda like an enemy rush, keep fighting waves of enemies til you die, just something to keep you wanting to play other than the story. I hope to the story is long, hopefully over 20 hours +, or make some unlockables great enough to make you replay the game.


http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...4Ever/sith.jpg
Changed pic to link. Please find a sig pic that is in line with our sig rules, 500X120 and 80kb max for all combined images, Forum Rules. Reposting the same image or another large image again will net you an infraction. ~ SWK Staff
Tomak Ta-Zak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2008, 01:43 AM   #11
Da_Man_2423
Forumite
 
Da_Man_2423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 745
Current Game: NCAA Football 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomak Ta-Zak View Post
The game is done and done nothing can be change unless a major issue occurs which won't happen haha. One thing I hope they put in is additional content, something that will make me want to play the game again. Like a cool aditional side mode would maybe be like kinda like an enemy rush, keep fighting waves of enemies til you die, just something to keep you wanting to play other than the story. I hope to the story is long, hopefully over 20 hours +, or make some unlockables great enough to make you replay the game.
I doubt they're gonna go as far as to a whole new game mode, the enemy rush. Just doesn't seem like something they'd do (if it's even possible via download only).

How many levels are there in the game? Can you even do anything else besides the levels for a lengthy amount of time?


Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2008, 01:59 AM   #12
Boba Rhett
I Slay Dragons
 
Boba Rhett's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Man-Room in Missouri
Posts: 13,805
Current Game: Scrolling Eldery
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! 
I've read 15 hours with 5 of that being cutscenes. Not sure how accurate that is.
Boba Rhett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2008, 02:06 AM   #13
Da_Man_2423
Forumite
 
Da_Man_2423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 745
Current Game: NCAA Football 10
5 hours of pure cutscenes? Now that's not that fun.


Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2008, 02:09 AM   #14
Boba Rhett
I Slay Dragons
 
Boba Rhett's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Man-Room in Missouri
Posts: 13,805
Current Game: Scrolling Eldery
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! 
Yeah it seems impossibly high. Anyone have an official word on the subject?
Boba Rhett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2008, 02:46 AM   #15
Da_Man_2423
Forumite
 
Da_Man_2423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 745
Current Game: NCAA Football 10
There's one guy who said he won't buy it if it doesn't have at least 40 hours of gameplay. Wow.

I can't honestly see this game having any more than 20 hours of gameplay, just playing straight through. Luckily there are unlockables, multiple endings, and all that.


Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2008, 03:51 AM   #16
Astor
It's Thornhill!
 
Astor's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Warwickshire, UK
Posts: 3,625
Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Man_2423 View Post
There's one guy who said he won't buy it if it doesn't have at least 40 hours of gameplay. Wow.

I can't honestly see this game having any more than 20 hours of gameplay, just playing straight through. Luckily there are unlockables, multiple endings, and all that.
If he wants 40 hours of gameplay, he should play KOTOR. I think you're right, in that 20 hours will probably be the upper limit.






Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2008, 12:50 PM   #17
Jacob Nion
Rookie
 
Jacob Nion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 235
Responding to a question above on how many levels there are there is goingot be 10. Here they are.I can't think of anythng really they could change. The game is awsome.

Insurrection
Junkyard
Jedi Hunt
Empirical
Vapor Room
Skyhook
Infestation
Destroyer
Redemption
Revenge


Jacob Nion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2008, 01:22 PM   #18
Lord Darth Vader
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeleeMaster View Post
Just so you know this isn't really a topic for suggesting brand new features or ideas for the game or anything like that.

This is for pointing out any criticisms you had of the demo or any small things that were bugging you that you might like to see fixed or changed for the final game.

Personally there were two little things that bugged me a tad.

1.The controls were alright, and I understand it must be difficult to make a good control scheme for this game, but in the final game it'd be nice to have customizable controls, incase some poeple don't like the defaults.

2.Also, I don't really like how you can't move at all when you're blocking, you should at least be able to strafe while guarding. I noticed you can auto-block a little bit while your running, but most of the time you don't. In the final game could we either be able to move somewhat while blocking right off the bat? Or could we have improved auto-blocking while running and/or the ability to move while holding block gained later in the game as abilities through leveling up?
very good point the only thing in this game that i dislike is that when you lock to target for example to stormtrooper and kill him and after then you try to move to the next target the targeting mode aoutomatically wears of so if you like to play with targeting mode often you have to press every time targeting mode again to fight other enemy on room and thats just not good, i hope this will be fixed to complete version of the game.
Lord Darth Vader is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2008, 01:26 PM   #19
Tomak Ta-Zak
Rookie
 
Tomak Ta-Zak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Man_2423 View Post
I doubt they're gonna go as far as to a whole new game mode, the enemy rush. Just doesn't seem like something they'd do (if it's even possible via download only).

How many levels are there in the game? Can you even do anything else besides the levels for a lengthy amount of time?

Well there is a training room and combat lessons right? Well I'm hoping for maybe a lesson or something in the training room that would just keep a wave of enemies running at you and just see how long you last. Who doesn't want to fling around 20+ guys?


http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...4Ever/sith.jpg
Changed pic to link. Please find a sig pic that is in line with our sig rules, 500X120 and 80kb max for all combined images, Forum Rules. Reposting the same image or another large image again will net you an infraction. ~ SWK Staff
Tomak Ta-Zak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2008, 01:34 PM   #20
Da_Man_2423
Forumite
 
Da_Man_2423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 745
Current Game: NCAA Football 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomak Ta-Zak View Post
Well there is a training room and combat lessons right? Well I'm hoping for maybe a lesson or something in the training room that would just keep a wave of enemies running at you and just see how long you last. Who doesn't want to fling around 20+ guys?
Whatever game features come on that disc is likely what you'll be stuck with for game modes.


Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2008, 03:49 PM   #21
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User
 
Ctrl Alt Del's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 3,814
Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Man_2423 View Post
I can't honestly see this game having any more than 20 hours of gameplay, just playing straight through. Luckily there are unlockables, multiple endings, and all that.
That's a rather optimistic expectancy. Judging on other action games, 15 hours would be a more likely assumption.


Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2008, 10:03 PM   #22
Da_Man_2423
Forumite
 
Da_Man_2423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 745
Current Game: NCAA Football 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
That's a rather optimistic expectancy. Judging on other action games, 15 hours would be a more likely assumption.
There better not be 5 hours of pure cutscenes, like Boba has read.


Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2008, 10:04 PM   #23
Jacob Nion
Rookie
 
Jacob Nion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 235
That would kind of suck.


Jacob Nion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2008, 06:46 AM   #24
The Tingler
The Lagomorph Prince
 
The Tingler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Emperor's Tomb
Posts: 1,620
Current Game: Not TFU2
The International House of Mojo Staff 
I don't like the relative neutering of the lightsaber. If you can blow open doors you should be able to cut them. Oh, and no simple lightsaber-throw.

I think that cutscene thing is exaggeration, even if we're just going by the demo the balance between the two was far in favour of gameplay.

The Tingler is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2008, 10:07 AM   #25
Juno Eclipse
Rookie
 
Juno Eclipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fremont
Posts: 70
I agree
Juno Eclipse is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2008, 10:34 AM   #26
Nicomon
Rookie
 
Nicomon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Posts: 54
I really hated how the glass disappeared right away after you broke it.
Nicomon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-26-2008, 08:11 PM   #27
Reprehence
 
Reprehence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 164
I'm not wild about how the camera works. In a lot of these games, when you aim with the camera and do an action, the "player" turns and does that action. Here, the player does the action in the direction that the player is facing (as opposed to the camera). I find this setup frustrating, since "aiming" the character is trickier than aiming the camera. I don't know if there are any camera options in the game....kind of doubt it - though there did seem to be options that were unavailable in the demo.
Reprehence is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-26-2008, 08:32 PM   #28
Da_Man_2423
Forumite
 
Da_Man_2423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 745
Current Game: NCAA Football 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reprehence View Post
I'm not wild about how the camera works. In a lot of these games, when you aim with the camera and do an action, the "player" turns and does that action. Here, the player does the action in the direction that the player is facing (as opposed to the camera). I find this setup frustrating, since "aiming" the character is trickier than aiming the camera. I don't know if there are any camera options in the game....kind of doubt it - though there did seem to be options that were unavailable in the demo.
You can move the camera with the thumbstick, as well as target/lock on enemies with one of the buttons. Should be plenty of camera control.


Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-27-2008, 02:36 PM   #29
Reprehence
 
Reprehence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 164
I know how to move the camera, but you can't move the camera when you are using the buttons to attack, and I'm really not wild about the target button. There's just something about it - like it is on the wrong side (should be on the left rather than right so you can hold it better?) or it should toggle or something. I just don't find the system to be as smooth as it could be. With this kind of game it should be easier to move from attack to attack, creating a smooth unending path of destruction. I think the camera is kind of getting in the way. But I like the game, so I'll just have to cope - b/c I know they aren't going to make any changes before release.
Reprehence is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-27-2008, 05:19 PM   #30
Da_Man_2423
Forumite
 
Da_Man_2423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 745
Current Game: NCAA Football 10
Maybe you'll get lucky, and they'll let you change the controller configuration, but I don't think there were any options in the demo for it.


Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Secret Apprentice's Logs > Criticisms of the demo/things you want to see fixed/changed in the final game

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:48 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.