lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Purpose of forum:
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-11-2001, 10:58 AM   #1
Aristotle

Exclamation Purpose of forum:

We wanted to add this forum for several reasons. First, the idea of community Senate is a good one and we support it. Second, this will allow the people running for the senate a specific forum to run their campaigns in and eventually partake in their debates, discussions and decisions.

Also, we want to give this senate some real teeth and purpose.. and as such, I believe that once it is formed, we can actually have the Senate have a say in how the site is run and what direction it takes as the site grows... it will have a true say in how things are done on the site... which gives it all the more meaning.

Hope everyone enjoys the new forum. Lets get the campaigns and debates and issues rolling.

Good luck to everyone who jumps in.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2001, 02:38 PM   #2
Tie Guy

Thanks Aristotle, It looks and sounds great.
Old 10-11-2001, 03:31 PM   #3
crazy_dog

Leon will be sooooo happy.
Old 10-11-2001, 04:18 PM   #4
Gamma732

Wow! Sounds like the Senate will have even more importance then I thought before.
I'll just say what I said before, before everyone starts bombarding the place with 'Campaign' stuff, think if you have the time/desire to take on actual responsibilities. Its not an RPG, its actually going to influence this site/community. Don't run just to be 'cool'. I know I'm getting kind of preachy, but I'd really like to see this work, and its only going to work if everyone involved takes it seriously.
Old 10-11-2001, 08:38 PM   #5
darthfergie
Q-38 Modulator

LFN Staff Member 
YEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAA!!!!!!!

(Ewok Celebration scene)

darthfergie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2001, 09:18 AM   #6
Paragon_Leon
LFN Staff Emeritus

yep, i'm happy..

over the weekend, you'll find a very comprehensive document in this forum outlining nominations, voting and monitoring of Senators. Next week, all nominations / campaigns and stuff can kick into high gear so we'll have our first official Senate-meeting as early as possible in November.. (before the game comes out)..

greets

Paragon_Leon = = =

"Well sometimes you hear an artist say: 'This is a song that God gave to me.' and when he starts playing it, you understand why God didn't want it anymore." - Martyn Joseph
Paragon_Leon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2001, 06:03 PM   #7
darthfergie
Q-38 Modulator

LFN Staff Member 
Alright...now I'm just biding my time and suffering through hours of ACT Testing...

darthfergie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > Community > GalacticBattles.com > Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds > Galactic Senate > Purpose of forum: