lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Scoundrel / Sentinel build in kotor 1
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-19-2008, 08:09 PM   #1
Darth krunchy
Rookie

Scoundrel / Sentinel build in kotor 1

Ever try this one? It's uncommon, and really fun! The Scoundrel gives you a good Defense and the Sentinel gives you good immunities. You become a very hard to kill Jedi!!

My diapers have gone over to the dark side.
Darth krunchy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2008, 10:45 PM   #2
Fredi
El Guapo

I use this combination all the time or Guardian with Scoundrel.

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2008, 10:53 AM   #3
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Uncommon? Not for me at least. Since I rely immensily on Persuade and Scoundrel's the only starting class that gives you a bonus on that Skill, all the games I've started after my fourth playthrough are with a Scoundrel character. The Sentinel often comes after, but not always. All the Force user classes are balanced with it.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2008, 09:16 PM   #4
GarfieldJL
Banned

My opinion the best setup is Scoundrel/Consular, because Scoundrel chars provide lots of skills and consular gives most force.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2008, 01:42 AM   #5
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
I normally go

Guardian --> Consular

Scout --> Guardian/Sentinel

I kinda go for the all around good jedi. I don't play starting out as a Scoundrel...normally anyways...

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2008, 11:53 PM   #6
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Current Game: Pheonix Wright
I usually just go Scoundrel and Guardian. Mostly because Scoundrel revolves around how I play Kotor (less combat oriented and more dialogue oriented). Plus I don't use to many force powers (except when I have to stop characters from healing themselves every five seconds)

"There's gotta be a better way to make a living"
-Kyle Katarn
DeadYorick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #7
A_Dead_Jedi
Rookie

Folder extraordinaire 
I always go Scout-Sentinel, so I guess I'm weird...

Hail to the best year in kotor modding!

My TSL Stuff:TSL Windows Vista Fix (Hey, you can click on it! )
A_Dead_Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2009, 03:05 PM   #8
Eidan Talon
Lurker

Strongest Char I've ever had.

The Scoundrel/Guardian was perhaps the strongest char I've ever played in the game. I stayed on Taris and delayed going to Dantooine until I'd hit level 17 with my Scoundrel. I just kept using the Transit function to go back and forth from the Apartment to the Sewers where I killed a set of Rakghouls that respawns infinitely. That only left me with 4 force powers, which I used to get Master Speed and Stun Droid (I was Light-side) which I used to kill the Jedi in the tanks during the fight with Malak. The rest of the game went like this. I used a dual-bladed lightsaber. I would approach a set of enemies. When I got into combat range, I'd activate Master Speed. Then I'd use a standard attack, which activated Force Jump. This would give me four attacks against my target. However, since my target would be "unaware" that I was coming, it would activate my Sneak Attack. So I would get four Sneak Attacks at an additional 9d6 damage per hit that landed. This would happen anytime I used the Force Jump ability. I one-hit pretty much everything in the game.
Eidan Talon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Republic Newsfeed > Scoundrel / Sentinel build in kotor 1