lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Anakin vs. Revan
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-09-2008, 12:52 AM   #321
GwannaSauna
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrfang1 View Post
Who do you think would win in a fight, Anakin or Revan? Anakin is not at full potential. He is only at the potential that he is in in episode 3.

Scenario 1: Lightsabers only. No melee, blasters, or force powers.

Scenario 2: War. Anakin controls the Imperial Army (including the Death Star 2), and Revan controls the Star Forges sith army.

Scenario 3: Force battle. Force powers only.

Scenario 4: Padme is being held hostage by Revan, and Bastilla is being held hostage by Anakin.

Scenario 5: All out battle. Fight to the death. Each uses whatever needed to win (except their army).

Ok, thats about it. Guive reasons and let the battle begin!
Scenario 1: Revan. He was a great lightsaber duelist. Far superior to Anakin

Scenario 2: Revan again. Although the Imperial Army overwhelmed people by numbers, at least Sith troopers could aim and hit someone with a blaster. And they were exceptional duelists, something stormtroopers never learned (with the added plus of the stormtrooper effect)

Scenario 3: Revan. At the most, Anakin could oh, I dunno, Force Push a fly? Let's face it, even Anakin's/Vader's apprentice was more powerful than Anakin himself. So, yeah, Revan there

Scenario 4: A big lightsaber duel, a few Force Pushes here and there and *drumroll* a lightsaber lock ensues! After they can't fight anymore, Anakin jumps back in a defensive stance, and Revan knows he can't take much more, so he rushes at Anakin and uses strong style, eventually swiping Anakin in the chest, killing him. Padme is left to die of starvation as Revan leaves with his "prize"

Scenario 5: Revan (dang, he seems to be winning every scenario here). He could easily crush anyone with his superior mastery of the Force.

Scenario 6 (alternate ending to Scenario 4): Revan and Anakin finish their fight with a lightsaber lock and hug each other knowing they're both to tired to solve a fight at 3:00am

You've been... THUNDERSTRUCK!
GwannaSauna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2008, 01:21 AM   #322
Ultimate Vader
Rookie

I'll bring this hard truth to all of you. Here I go. This is from another forum.

Ladies and Gentleman, drum roll please! Prepare for Master Crimzon's Delusion Breaker!

Well, folks, it's a rough night out here tonight, with crazed, misguided, wayward folk. Tonight, we deal with a certain person by the name of Enyalus, who is clearly mistaken regarding his utterly mis-defined explanations of a certain Darth Revan, an unreasonably popular Sith Lord. Tonight, we show how, and why, Revan sucks cock!

The Delusion: Revan is full of win.

The Cold, Hard Truth: Revan, in fact, is a personality-less, pathetic loser of the species "Fanboyus Magneticus"! In fact, Revan is known to have no character flaws, only excelling at... err... every field concievable to man kind! That's right, folks, Revan is virtually a perfect being! So why, you may ask, is he known as an epically failed guy? Perhaps because he is known to have no personality at all, aside from the flexible personality adapted by the user of the videogame. Essentially, the truth is that the video game player in fact falls in love with himself, or, at least, a character that personifies his or her personality whatever way they wish. In essence, Revan is a 'Fanboyus Magneticus' because people are, in secret, self-serving, self-loving individuals. How can a human resist himself, only wielding a lightsaber and using mega force powers?! Yes, falling in love with yourself is kind of sick. And kind of gay (or lesbian).

So, in essence, Revan is YOU who happens to be an extremely powerful warrior, extremely proficient pilot, extremely intelligent, extremely tactically minded. In short, he's you and all the things you dream about being in your more geeky dreams. That kind of sucks.

Conclusion: Revan sucks ass. We hope we helped you out, Enyalus!

Yes. Revan is the answer for our disappointment with the showings of the Chosen One. I know why you people think less of Vader. It's because Vader is the most expendable character for the greatness of other characters, such as Windu, Yoda, Kenobi, even Luke Skywalker and Starkiller. Just don't mock Vader so much.

Rulk Badass 2
Most fun I've ever had with my clothes on!
Ultimate Vader is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2008, 01:59 AM   #323
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

^ oop, UV flipped out.
couldnt take much more huh?
yes, people are so inconsiderate...
i see a few problems with that post, but meh.

mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2008, 03:40 AM   #324
Ultimate Vader
Rookie

Hey, dont get it wrong Actually, I'm a Revan fanboy too, but not because I'm a gay, but because his robe is cool. Just want to tell people to not mock Vader so much

Rulk Badass 2
Most fun I've ever had with my clothes on!
Ultimate Vader is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2008, 04:06 PM   #325
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

no, no i understand why you posted that. its ok!
lol yeah he looks so great as a dark lord. imo, the the lgihtside star forge robes arent as good. they should have made them better.

it is not a cry of joy.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:19 PM   #326
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Vader View Post
Hey, dont get it wrong Actually, I'm a Revan fanboy too, but not because I'm a gay, but because his robe is cool. Just want to tell people to not mock Vader so much
Saying that Vader isn't invincible isn't the same as mocking him, UV.

And, BTW, the reason Revan has no personality is because by the time we meet him/her, he/she isn't Revan any more.

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2008, 05:11 PM   #327
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorenna View Post
the reason Revan has no personality is because by the time we meet him/her, he/she isn't Revan any more.
And the fact that Revan is never given a personality, right?

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2008, 05:18 PM   #328
Lance Monance
Rookie

Who needs personality when you're awesome at everything you do? Revan ftw.
Lance Monance is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2008, 07:00 PM   #329
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

well, what theyre meaning is that revan's personality isnt specified. because of k1's nature. (rpg) its YOU playing in there, and revan's personality would be determined by YOU. but i beg to differ on that: it is my opinion that that argument has been invalidated because LA has confirmed revan is lightside. now, if they hadnt done that, the argument would still stand. but since its been confirmed he was lightside, just look at all the lightside options in k1. it brings a personality quite clearly.
example: you know bastila's personality by the things she says and does. now take the confirmed lightside revan: and 'listen' to what he says, and see what he does.
and as for revan being a sue; i like star wars as a whole. revan is like this. its canon. its the way it is. its star wars 'reality'. revan succeeds a lot. i have no problem with revan being so skilled, the same way i have no problem with jacen knowing a million force abilities, anakin (skywalker) having so much raw power, and 'scout' esterhazy (yoda: dark rendezvous) having such little force power. perhaps ill be sad if we find that revan did in fact fail miserably against the true sith. the same way i found it sad how darsha assant was beaten by darth maul. i wouldve liked it to be otherwise, but then i would like it i had a lamborghini reventon as well. i dont.

it is not a cry of joy.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:59 PM   #330
Non-false Jedi
Rookie

Perhaps they'd manage to kill each other at the exact same moment and draw. I get the feeling that would happen a lot. Sorta like that StarWars Fan Film "Duality"
Non-false Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2008, 01:24 PM   #331
Darth Hord
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Vader View Post
I'll bring this hard truth to all of you. Here I go. This is from another forum.

Ladies and Gentleman, drum roll please! Prepare for Master Crimzon's Delusion Breaker!
I knew I recognized your name when you posted on kmc, do you remember what vs thread this was in?
Darth Hord is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Anakin vs. Revan