lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Who did you think was the easiest boss?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-14-2009, 09:07 PM   #1
thundrfang1
Rookie

Who did you think was the easiest boss?

I wanna know what people think the easiest boss in the game was. That means anything that has the health at the bottom of the screen(and please dont put the rogue jedi the first time you face him).
thundrfang1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2009, 09:23 PM   #2
LordOfTheFish

Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
I thought Sidious was rather easy. There was to many health ups in that level...

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2009, 09:50 PM   #3
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
Depends on the difficulty. On apprentice, Shaak Ti and Maris Brood are soooooo easy to beat. Sidious wasn't that hard, either. Vader, on the other hand, was murder!!!! (Literally! )

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2009, 10:42 PM   #4
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller

Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
Maul was the easiest it seemed...
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2009, 10:53 PM   #5
CommanderQ
I should go.

Current Game: Mass Effect
Forum Veteran Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Sidious, it was ridiculously easy...electrocution, throwing around, oh, it was easy...

you very much
If a tree would fall in the woods.....would the other trees laugh at it?
CommanderQ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2009, 11:06 PM   #6
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Current Game: Real Life
Yeah, Emperor Palpatine was easy enough to overcome, if you manage to survive Vader, but I thought the easiest boss by far was Ozzik Sturn - I was shocked at how quickly I managed to take his AT-KT (?) down.

SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2009, 10:08 PM   #7
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Current Game: KOTOR III
Sidious I fought normally in apprentice and Sith warrior. All attack and no defend... by far impossible to do > Sith Lord level. When I FINALLY realized that properly timed blocks not only protected you, but harmed Palpatine, then he was the easiest... aside from his cheating invincibility shield and a lot of other cheap tricks.

Kazden Paratus and Vader just cheat, so I reduce difficulty to get them right... then they are the easiest compared to the others in 'Sith Lord' mode.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-17-2009, 07:04 PM   #8
thundrfang1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura View Post
Sidious I fought normally in apprentice and Sith warrior. All attack and no defend... by far impossible to do > Sith Lord level. When I FINALLY realized that properly timed blocks not only protected you, but harmed Palpatine, then he was the easiest... aside from his cheating invincibility shield and a lot of other cheap tricks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW01 View Post
Yeah, Emperor Palpatine was easy enough to overcome, if you manage to survive Vader, but I thought the easiest boss by far was Ozzik Sturn - I was shocked at how quickly I managed to take his AT-KT (?) down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderQ View Post
Sidious, it was ridiculously easy...electrocution, throwing around, oh, it was easy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorenna View Post
Depends on the difficulty. On apprentice, Shaak Ti and Maris Brood are soooooo easy to beat. Sidious wasn't that hard, either.
Sidious wasn't that hard, but i wouldnt say he was the easiest because every time he force pushed me i flew right into a health pack so by the time he was at half health there were no more health packs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorenna View Post
Vader, on the other hand, was murder!!!! (Literally! )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura View Post
Kazden Paratus and Vader just cheat, so I reduce difficulty to get them right... then they are the easiest compared to the others in 'Sith Lord' mode
I found Vader the easiest(along with Shaak Tii) because every second i either got in a saber lock or a force lock with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPloKoon View Post
Maul was the easiest it seemed...
I dont have the 360 version so i have no idea what hes like.

Last edited by thundrfang1; 01-31-2009 at 06:36 AM.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:14 PM   #9
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
but I thought the easiest boss by far was Ozzik Sturn - I was shocked at how quickly I managed to take his AT-KT (?) down.
Same here. Considering the entire stage before facing him is rather difficult, it was quite surprising.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2009, 02:37 AM   #10
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

I just fought him again - I hadn't really noticed until now what he says just before the end of the boss fight. It's quite funny, actually (well, to me)

"No! Wait, we can be civil - aaah!"

Old 01-19-2009, 01:55 PM   #11
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller

Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
Quote:
I just fought him again - I hadn't really noticed until now what he says just before the end of the boss fight. It's quite funny, actually (well, to me)

"No! Wait, we can be civil - aaah!"

I thought that was funny too.
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2009, 07:28 AM   #12
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

In TFU for PS2 was Kazden Paradus. Although he was the toughest in the 360 version, all you had to do was stay in one place and just throw him with force push (PS2 version). Any boss that could be lifted was easy.

I hated Darth Vader in PS2 version because he cheats. When you are playing him, you can't use Force dash, yet when I try to hit him with Force repulse, what does he do? He dashes out of range to be hit.

I don't think any of the Bosses in TFU PS2 were that difficult because of health packs. My biggest peeves of the PS2 version bosses are their huge health and minimal damage caused through winning saber locks. I also hate when bosses are defeated and you face them again only to see their health is replenished just after being just an inch from death (Proxy, Darth Vader(DS ending), Marris (PS2))
Only the Bosses with minor characters entering the battle in 360 and PS3 versions allow health replenishment.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:34 AM   #13
thatsithguy
Rookie

the easiest boss was at-st on the tie fighter facility. but other than that darth Desolous was way to easy.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
thatsithguy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-25-2009, 11:26 AM   #14
thundrfang1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsithguy View Post
the easiest boss was at-st on the tie fighter facility. but other than that darth Desolous was way to easy.
All AT-STs were really easy and yes Darth Desolous was the easiest thing ever.

I also thought the Junk Titan in the wii version was way too easy. All you had to do to hurt him was dodge his attacks then while your in the air shock him with lightning or just go up to him and youll most likely get in a saber lock.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:26 PM   #15
Zwier Zak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfTheFish View Post
I thought Sidious was rather easy. There was to many health ups in that level...
Now I don't know if every version has that but I found it hard to push the right buttons to make the finishing move ;/ i was doing that for like an hour before I got the old guy :P I have the PS2 version btw.
Zwier Zak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-13-2009, 11:05 AM   #16
thundrfang1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwier Zak View Post
Now I don't know if every version has that but I found it hard to push the right buttons to make the finishing move ;/ i was doing that for like an hour before I got the old guy :P I have the PS2 version btw.
well i have the wii version and it makes it a lot easier because all you have to do is push forward with the nunchuck remote or wii remote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:30 PM   #17
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

I don't think any of the bosses in the 360 version were that easy for a specific reason... except Sturn in his ATST. The Emperor was difficult if you attacked him through conventional means. If you just used block to turn his lightning on himself, he's the easiest one in my mind.

Vader's stats were WAY too high as you (as Vader) couldn't EVER choke the rogue Jedi, yet you almost always lost to that very attack. He should have been the easiest boss, but since he had to cheat by being immune to most lightning attacks. For that reason, Vader is exempt from the title of 'Easiest Boss"
Old 02-18-2009, 01:39 PM   #18
Kj°len
Resident Polak

Current Game: Monkey Island
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Does Rahm Kota count? He was BALLS easy.

For "real" bosses, they all kind of ****ed me up many times before I could beat them, but Moff Sturn would probably have been the easiest if he wasn't flanked with hordes of Shadow Troopers.

"Kj°len is a pretty cool guy. 'e doesn't afraid of anything and 'e doesn't anything about anything."
―Kj°len

* Ye Olde Harbour * Aresen *
Kj°len is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2009, 10:24 PM   #19
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
^
Yeah, on the Wii version I'm not sure if I didn't die on any of the bosses. I definitely did not like the system of you respawn and the boss gains a bit of health back.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2009, 09:57 AM   #20
Darth Eclipse

Current Game: Crysis 2,Dead Space2
Darth Sidious, General Kota, and Shaak Ti...Or however you spell her name.

Darth Eclipse is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-28-2009, 04:35 AM   #21
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Another pet peive I have with the PS2 bosses is the finishing moves. Why is it that when they are suppose to die, you have to go through the sequence of finishing moves? Why if you miss one, they cheat and regain some of their health? Why doesn't the player get that option? I mean, if you MUST go through that, then that's part of the game, but when they force you to get the sequence right and give the boss another chance when they should be dead? The finishing move for PS2 should only be an option to end to battle early if you want to. When Darth Vader has has taken much more damage than he has health, he's dead and there should be no finishing move required.

At least in Xbox 360, the boss doesn't get another chance if you mess up the sequence... you just have to start the sequence over again.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:12 AM   #22
LordOfTheFish

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Moeller View Post
^
Yeah, on the Wii version I'm not sure if I didn't die on any of the bosses. I definitely did not like the system of you respawn and the boss gains a bit of health back.
I couldn't agree more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Eclipse View Post
Darth Sidious, General Kota, and Shaak Ti...Or however you spell her name.
They are correct.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:09 PM   #23
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Though I stand by my choice of Sturn being the easiest boss, going back through the game (which I did recently), none of them are particularly difficult at all.

The reason for this - their attacks are very formulaic. You know precisely when they are vulnerable to attack after a few minutes, along with when and how to evade them. It is at the point now that I can take them out fairly quickly without losing more than half of the health bar.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:22 PM   #24
LordOfTheFish

Forum Veteran 
Well I don't really know what the other versions are like, but the Wii version ruined the game by making it so easy. What's with infinite lives? No good game has that... IMO.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:43 PM   #25
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Quote:
Well I don't really know what the other versions are like, but the Wii version ruined the game by making it so easy. What's with infinite lives? No good game has that... IMO.
True that. As I recall (it having been so long since I last failed ), if you get beaten on the PS3 your only recourse is to load the autosave and get beaten up again!

Old 02-28-2009, 04:13 PM   #26
Rinku
kad'la tracinya be abiik

Current Game: SWBF, Pokemon SS
Sidious was the easiest...

Wii version was way to easy...IDK about the other versions.

Rinku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2009, 08:13 PM   #27
thundrfang1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Moeller View Post
^
The only boss i think i died on was the shadow guard at because you knew how to kill him the second time and he was so cheap both times.
Quote:
That's your opinion. IMO that wouldn't have made much of a difference because i only died about 2 or 3 times in the game so i doubt I'd run out of lives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padwon_link View Post
Sidious was the easiest...

Wii version was way to easy...IDK about the other versions.
I agree and hope that when i play the 360 version it is harder.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Secret Apprentice's Logs > Who did you think was the easiest boss?