lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Portable Modding Programs
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-01-2008, 01:24 PM   #1
Istorian

Helpful! 
Portable Modding Programs

Well, since I live in Greece, I have just discovered tha magic that lies behind those little things, the portable programs! It seems very covenient to use your program and files away from your PC with a single USB Device...I wondered, could you tool makers make the existing tools portable? So that you can mod away from your PC? I don't know if this is possible, I am just asking...Anyway, tahnks for your time!

|I|

Istorian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2008, 11:49 AM   #2
tk102
Well past expiration date

Current Game: Fallout 2
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
You mean like a standalone executable?

Most of the modding programs do some registry checks to try to locate the game files on the PC and complain if they can't find the game. My apps are written in Perl which attempts to unpack its resources to a temp directory for execution. That's not a true standalone exe, should be capable of being launched from a USB. K-GFF, I know, doesn't do any registry checks. DLGEditor requires dialog.tlk.

I think most of stoffe's programs are truly portable since Delphi uses a real compiler, as is nwnsscomp.exe (you just need nwscript.nss along with it).

tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center > Portable Modding Programs