lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Hoth coming to Galaxies
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-12-2008, 02:03 AM   #1
DarthMaulUK

Hoth coming to Galaxies

At this year's Galactic Gathering community event, the team behind Star Wars Galaxies announced big news for the coming year: the battle of Hoth will be added to the game as the next Heroic encounter! The ice planet Hoth was originally seen in the movie Empire Strikes Back. That film has always been in the future of SWG's continuity, and thus perpetually out of reach. The advancement of the game's timeline has been requested by players for years. Even though this isn't a traditional expansion with a full new planet, the implications of moving forward in the Star Wars universe's timeline are endless.

Whether that movement is actually happening is still a question, though, as precious few details were available at the event. The developers did say that the instance will focus around the fight at Echo Base. According to this week's Friday Feature, the Heroic Encounter should feature Snowspeeders, AT-ATs, and snowtroopers - as well as many of the main protagonists from the original Star Wars movies. Other future highlights touch on things we've heard about before: re-confirmation of the Meatlump theme park for Chapter 10, the Droid Commander expertise system, and promises to examine Beast Masters and traders in Game Update 5.

This is some amazing news, with the possibility of some big implications for the game. We'll be sure to keep you posted as we get further details
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-26-2008, 04:38 PM   #2
3dbones
Rookie

The video on SWG.net is pretty cool. I like that you'll be able to fly snow speeders and pilot at-st/at's. Hopefully it's different from battlefront though, cause right now it just looks like an MMO version of it.

SWG
Drexc - Human Imperial Assassin - Scylla
Drexc - Bothan Imperial Assassin - Bria
Drexc - Bothan Imperial Sith - Bloodfin
3dbones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2008, 12:13 PM   #3
datary
Lurker

Will Hoth be an instance with players from multiple servers? That would help a lot with the low population servers.
datary is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2008, 01:25 PM   #4
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
nope, it'll be an heroic like Exar, Tusken king etc, you'll do pre-quests and then you'll gain access to the instance, you'll need a group of 80-90's of varying/specific proffs and go at it
adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2008, 01:59 PM   #5
datary
Lurker

Cool. I can't wait to see it. I hope my pilot can get in for some action. Don't have a fighter up that high yet.
datary is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2008, 02:04 PM   #6
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
I'm guessing the Snow speeders will be a mod of existing speeder mechanics, not ship piloting I could be wrong though, the reason I said 80-90's is because you have to be level 75 or higher to enter the town where you get the Heroic quests, and they are damn hard
adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Community > SWGalaxies.net > Star Wars Galaxies discussion > Development Forum > Hoth coming to Galaxies