lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Which Exile?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-30-2008, 06:56 PM   #1
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Which Exile?

Straight forward enough question I couldn't find asked elsewhere on the forum. If the Exile is canonically female, which face do you feel fits the most?

Was going to start a poll, but the forum only allows ten options, and there's sixteen heads. Never mind, just state the number written by the portrait instead.
Trex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2008, 07:09 PM   #2
Meowster

Current Game: New Vegas/KotOR
I myself choose the 7th? It looks differant from all of the other portraits... maybe its because its the only facing forward? Anyways, the 7th is just what I'd imagine the Exile to be like... if she were lightside. 14 if Darkside.
Meowster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2008, 07:29 PM   #3
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
None of them look exλctly right to me. I'm not sure why.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2008, 08:39 PM   #4
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
My Exile isn't female... Cannon can kiss me ***.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2008, 09:13 PM   #5
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Heh, saγing things like that at KFM can get you banned.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

Old 06-30-2008, 09:18 PM   #6
HIGH ON PIE 14
Forumite

I always use a modded blue twi'lek head that is supposed to look like an older mission vao. I have not used any of these heads in ages. But out of those choices #12 for lightside, #7 for darkside.

~HOP

Viva La Resistance!
HIGH ON PIE 14 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2008, 10:55 PM   #7
MacTavish

I'd say 14 fits best in my opinion, I think it's the seriousness and somewhat darkness of the facial expression.

MacTavish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2008, 11:30 PM   #8
Ravnas
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7 View Post
QFT

Oh and you spelled my wrong But if I'm ever female, I'm usually #9, But usually I'm male and pining after Mira

Regrets are for horseshoes and handbags.
Ravnas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2008, 11:33 PM   #9
General LiWar

7 looks the most real, the others kinda have weird features/shapes going on

General LiWar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2008, 05:40 AM   #10
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Every time I play as a female, I plays as 14. I don't know why, but that face seems to fit better than most.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2008, 06:36 AM   #11
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
Heh, saγing things like that at KFM can get you banned.
KFM?

I don't really think saying that is worthy of a ban, especially considering I don't consider the *** as actually a swear word, but some of the mods do; hence me staring it. I would consider it no loss to myself to banned from a forum where you couldn't say the above.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
Old 07-01-2008, 10:12 AM   #12
Bee Hoon
ngom ngom ngom

Forum Veteran Veteran Fan Fic Author LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
Head number 10

The sun goes down and the sky reddens, pain grows sharp.
light dwindles. Then is evening
when jasmine flowers open, the deluded say.
But evening is the great brightening dawn
when crested cocks crow all through the tall city
and evening is the whole day
for those without their lovers

-Kuruntokai 234, translated by A.K. Ramanujan

[Fic] Shreds of a Dying Belief
Bee Hoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2008, 11:31 AM   #13
luckyariot
Rookie

I always choose 14 for a couple of reasons. #1 is that it actually looks serious enough to be a former general and Jedi, #2 because I always get ticked off that every main character (usually the Jedi ones) ends up being a caucasion (sp?). Is it that hard to get some diversity with our main heroes/heroines? #3 is that some of the other heads seem more than a little...off. Am I the only one who noticed that 12 has a scary resemblance to Atris?! Scared the heck out of me the first time I looked at it.
luckyariot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2008, 11:50 AM   #14
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyariot View Post
because I always get ticked off that every main character (usually the Jedi ones) ends up being a caucasion (sp?)
This is why my Revan is a black woman - she breaks the mould in every way possible

Old 07-01-2008, 05:01 PM   #15
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
Word.

The one time that I did play as a female, I chose 14 just because. I usually play male though.

Last edited by Rev7; 07-01-2008 at 05:02 PM. Reason: fix'd teh smiley
Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2008, 05:08 PM   #16
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev7 View Post
Word.

The one time that I did play as a female, I chose 14 just because. I usually play male though.
Meet me;

http://theborggaming.planet-multipla...papers_622.jpg

As I actually look very much like PCMHC01...

http://www.lucasforums.com/album.php...3&pictureid=28

Old 07-01-2008, 05:14 PM   #17
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Helpful! 
You do. I don't really look like any of them.

Old 07-01-2008, 05:15 PM   #18
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev7 View Post
You do. I don't really look like any of them.
What are you trying to say? What's wrong with PCMHC01; play as me.

Don't make me set Mace on you Jango... We know how that went last time!

Old 07-01-2008, 05:45 PM   #19
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Actually, despite the fact that I started this thread, I kinda agree.

I play TSL as Darth Revan. How's that for anti-cannonicity?!
Trex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2008, 07:34 PM   #20
Robb Stark
Rookie

I'm sure the pansy Star Wars canon Exile walked around giving people hugs, telling everyone how she was wrong to join Revan in the Mandalorian Wars, and how the Council was right and how the Republic is so great, chiding Kreia at every turn for her insensitivity toward her companions and the suffering of others. If I had to wager, I'd say Lucas' people would choose #9.

IMO, the story is far more interesting if the Exile still believes in her heart that joining Revan was right. I want an Exile who can stare down the Jedi masters, especially Atris, for what their blind adherence to doctrine and their fear of confronting the unknown did to the galaxy. Furthermore, she needs to have a look that makes her appear insensitive to those she commands, at least outwardly, but who beneath has a compassionate heart. I'd go with #11.
Robb Stark is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2008, 07:38 PM   #21
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb Stark View Post
IMO, the story is far more interesting if the Exile still believes in his heart that joining Revan was right. I want an Exile who can stare down the Jedi masters, especially Atris, for what their blind adherence to doctrine and their fear of confronting the unknown did to the galaxy.
Fixed and agreed.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:06 PM   #22
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
still believes in her heart that joining Revan was right.
...even though so many Jedi flocking to Revan's command was what allowed him to start another war in which he and his subordinates murdered quadrillions of people (Revan also killed thousands of his own soldiers even before he began the Jedi Civil War).

Quote:
for what their blind adherence to doctrine and their fear of confronting the unknown did to the galaxy.
So it's the Council's fault that Revan decided to start a second war in which his forces massacred planetary populations in the name of "protecting" the Republic against some supposed external threat? If the Jedi Order's doctrine had been properly followed in the first place, then Revan and his band of hooligans wouldn't have gone on their crusade to vandalize the galaxy in the first place.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:11 PM   #23
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Quote:
...even though so many Jedi flocking to Revan's command was what allowed him to start another war in which he and his subordinates murdered quadrillions of people (Revan also killed thousands of his own soldiers even before he began the Jedi Civil War).

So it's the Council's fault that Revan decided to start a second war in which his forces massacred planetary populations in the name of "protecting" the Republic against some supposed external threat? If the Jedi Order's doctrine had been properly followed in the first place, then Revan and his band of hooligans wouldn't have gone on their crusade to vandalize the galaxy in the first place.
Things get subjective here, but my Exile, went to war to protect innocents, the Jedi served no-one by inaction, indeed would Revan et al have fallen had the Jedi Council gone to war? I think continually the Jedi Council of the time are shown to be incompetent at best...

If you go DS in K1; you can lie to them all.

In K2, they either get eaten by Nihilus or killed by an old woman.

Hardly the CV of someone to listen to.

Besides regretting the past is a mistake as it has made you who you are now; my Exile made the decision he though was the correct one.

My 2 cents.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:17 PM   #24
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Trying to defend Revan's genocidal tendancies as anything other than what they are is someone I like to call "Player Character Bias".

Old 07-01-2008, 08:23 PM   #25
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Quote:
Trying to defend Revan's genocidal tendancies as anything other than what they are is someone I like to call "Player Character Bias".
I'm not trying to defend Revan... I'm defending the Exile, I'm not quite sure how you can possibly have construed this as anything but a discussion about the Exile.

I'm no Revan fanboy...

Old 07-01-2008, 08:51 PM   #26
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Helpful! 
Quote:
What are you trying to say? What's wrong with PCMHC01; play as me.

Don't make me set Mace on you Jango... We know how that went last time!
You know what? I will.

Yes I do know. :/ I'm watching you though.

Quote:
I'm no Revan fanboy...
I'm obviously not one either.

He is cool, but I am not obsessed with him. It may seem like I am obsessed with Jango, but to tell you the truth, I am really not. Just a theme.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:30 PM   #27
General LiWar

Wait, i just noticed something, if the exile is cannonically female why is all the art show him as a male?

ie.http://theborggaming.planet-multipla...papers_622.jpg

and to reiterate what i said earlier, #7 although #14 is also a good choice

General LiWar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2008, 09:35 PM   #28
M@RS
The New Tax Collector

I think the 12th for the lightside and the 5th for the darkside

Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2008, 10:15 PM   #29
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
if the exile is cannonically female why is all the art show him as a male?
It's just something they did in the promotional material and advertisements. They can't really be used as evidence for a male Exile, since promotional material doesn't define canon (most of the time), and even if they were considering having the Exile be male at the time, whoever is in charge of canon decided to have it turn out differently between now and then.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:47 PM   #30
Robb Stark
Rookie

I don't see anyone trying to defend what Revan did here. We're talking about the Exile's choices. The Exile went to war to protect people who were being slaughtered by the millions by the Mandalorians. She believed that to be Revan's goal, and she agreed with it.

Fighting in a war does not mean supporting all of the reasons (or what turn out to be the reasons) others fight in the same war. In my opinion anyway. That can apply to real world situations if one wishes, but it fits here as well. Of course, many people blame soldiers for the choices their leaders and governments make, so it is somewhat subjective. Certainly many people would agree with the "all Germans/Japanese/Americans are evil" argument.

The relevant question is not what happened to Revan, but what a doctrine that purports to serve the Light Side is worth if adhering to it means standing aside while half the galaxy is slaughtered? Is that truly in the interests of some longterm universal sense of good or right? Or is it a decision influenced by the ambitions, fears, and prejudices of actual people based on self preservation for their philosophy/religion? The Council's judgement of the Exile at the end of KotOR2 provides the clincher for me personally, but obviously there are many ways to look at the argument as a whole.
Robb Stark is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2008, 01:59 AM   #31
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

I like the bald guy: he had the look of an outcast and a kickass maverick in general. There's also that Jesusface with the beard, but he looks to old for me, especially considering how the game is supposed to let you strike a romance with Visas or Brianna...

I've always wondered the Exile's age, judging by his history, he/she should have been at least 30 to be a General in the Mandalorian War (except if he/she were extremely, prodigally talented, which must be the case). And I don't have my dates right, but this game must be at least 5 years in the future? All the faces seem to be in the late 20s, except for the Jesusface.

Edit: Curse you, slow image loading! Curse you, impatience! Curse you, Sabretooth!

Among the girls, No. 12 looks like the Exile... and Atris' twin. Other than her, No. 15 and No. 1 seem to be good.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2008, 02:18 AM   #32
JediMaster76
Rookie

Current Game: Mass Effect 3, Majora's Mask
Hmm... prolly #6 for LS, #3 or #14 for DS. I don't remember the last time i played female exile, tho. 3 and 14 got that creepy "I've returned and I'm going to kill everybody" look. Especially 3. >_>

A tale of souls and swords, eternally retold.
JediMaster76 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2008, 03:02 AM   #33
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
I throw my lot in w/ Rev7, Jon7 and Ravnas. Always saw Exile as male, canon be d@mned. When I did play it as female, I tended to use #s 1,7,9, or 10 (or a modded head).

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2008, 06:00 AM   #34
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by General LiWar View Post
Wait, i just noticed something, if the exile is cannonically female why is all the art show him as a male?
I think that is because Obsidian intended the Exile to be male. Personally in my universe, Revan was a woman, and the Exile a male... I like it that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
I like the bald guy: he had the look of an outcast and a kickass maverick in general.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totenkopf
I throw my lot in w/ Rev7, Jon7 and Ravnas. Always saw Exile as male, canon be d@mned. When I did play it as female, I tended to use #s 1,7,9, or 10 (or a modded head).
Join us, on the male side of the force!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb Stark
Fighting in a war does not mean supporting all of the reasons (or what turn out to be the reasons) others fight in the same war. In my opinion anyway. That can apply to real world situations if one wishes, but it fits here as well. Of course, many people blame soldiers for the choices their leaders and governments make, so it is somewhat subjective. Certainly many people would agree with the "all Germans/Japanese/Americans are evil" argument.
Unfortunately people love to simplify an dehumanise the enemy (it's easier to kill if they aren't human).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb Stark
The relevant question is not what happened to Revan, but what a doctrine that purports to serve the Light Side is worth if adhering to it means standing aside while half the galaxy is slaughtered? Is that truly in the interests of some longterm universal sense of good or right? Or is it a decision influenced by the ambitions, fears, and prejudices of actual people based on self preservation for their philosophy/religion? The Council's judgement of the Exile at the end of KotOR2 provides the clincher for me personally, but obviously there are many ways to look at the argument as a whole.
I think there is more than enough evidence to show the incompetence of the Jedi Council of the time. Though Vash was meant to defend the Exile at the trial before being cut. I also can't diss Vandar, as he's Yoda like.

But Vrook was so moody he basically was DS. Zez el Muppet spoke well, and then followed like a sheep. Some friend Kavar was. Atris - erm, aren't you a Sith Lord anyway - so what are you on about the Exile being DS?

Old 07-02-2008, 11:16 AM   #35
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Vrook and Atris always struck me as self-righteous to the point of obnoxiousness. Vash struck me as a "team player" who had maybe a reservation or two about banning the Exile, much like ZKE and Kavar. Seems apparent to me that the compromised Jedi were really looking to save their own skins, all the more so when they didn't try to confront the evil, but rather seemed more interested in finding a scapegoat.

In the case of Atris.....I believe it was a form of deflection. She'd already fallen, but used the Exile to mask it from the others. Still fearful and looking for someone to blame for their predicament, they "graciously" accepted.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2008, 12:20 PM   #36
Burnseyy
Forumite

i picked 9.
but i don't like any of them lol

"If God is a DJ, then life is a dance floor, love is the rhythm and you are the music."

Burnseyy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2008, 12:59 PM   #37
Meowster

Current Game: New Vegas/KotOR
I'd like to agree with you, Jonathan7. Revan will, and always will be, female in my book. Exile will be male. (Although occasionally I'll play female just for a change in things.)
Meowster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2008, 06:17 PM   #38
luckyariot
Rookie

*shrugs* I have absolutely no problems with a male Revan, other than the romance scenes. Seriously, I cringed when I saw them. Thanks a bunch LA! And I had just seen the prequels again with my friends a week before... some of the male Revan romance scenes made the ATC ones look good...

But my problem with the FM Exile was how Atris fit into the story, Sion's romanic interest (which is given no backstory...and scared the hell out of me), and that, in Mical vs. Brianna, we all know who is the cooler character and who doesn't make fans seriously want to kill their PMs. Eh, but I'm still happy that we finally get a (decently) well-developed and powerful FM main character.... Finally.
luckyariot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2008, 06:41 PM   #39
Da_Man_2423
Forumite

Current Game: NCAA Football 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyariot View Post
*shrugs* I have absolutely no problems with a male Revan, other than the romance scenes. Seriously, I cringed when I saw them. Thanks a bunch LA! And I had just seen the prequels again with my friends a week before... some of the male Revan romance scenes made the ATC ones look good...
LA didn't make the game or the romance scenes...I don't know why they would be blamed for that.

What were you expecting from the romance scenes?

Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2008, 07:33 PM   #40
MacTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyariot
in Mical vs. Brianna, we all know who is the cooler character and who doesn't make fans seriously want to kill their PMs
Who?

MacTavish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Which Exile?