View Poll Results: Is TOR as satisfying to people as KOTOR III?
It's an ending and I'm glad that they will continue from TSL. 26 19.26%
Being 300 years too late killed the story. 88 65.19%
Couldn't care less. The gameplay is what matters. 30 22.22%
There's absolutely no way to know until TOR actually comes out. 2 1.48%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Is TOR as good as KOTOR III?
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-17-2009, 11:30 AM   #321
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I deleted my previous response as I felt it was in haste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura View Post
Why don't you play the game before making criticisms.
I have, several times, thank you. I'll not bother to discuss this further, as it's clear that any contradictory opinions are going to dismissed out of hand.

Signing off.

Astor is offline   you may:
Old 02-17-2009, 01:55 PM   #322
Rathoris
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibelin View Post
May be they are following this MMO to get enough money to make KOTOR 3.
making an MMO costs alot more then making a nice SP-RPG. So sorry but this isn't very likely. Not to say that there won't be a KoTOR 3 though
Rathoris is offline   you may:
Old 02-17-2009, 02:12 PM   #323
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
the true threat the Council spoke of in the original game... does any of that register?
There is no true threat. It was just a lie that Vrook made up in order to blame others for his mistakes, remember?

Quote:
TSL was half-finished, but the game's ending was not meant to be self-contained like the original. The cliffhanger... the True Sith Trayus brought to the player's attention... the true threat the Council spoke of in the original game... does any of that register? Imagine if Episode III ended there and the sequel took place after all the characters have already died. That would be a VERY anti-climatic ending. The Sith Lord's ending is supposed to lead to the next installment.

Actually, Lucasarts could have made a proper conclusion; they took the easy way out and started from scratch.
In all seriousness, though: What does TOR have to do with the KOTOR Series, and what reason does anyone have to believe that it does?

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia

Last edited by TKA-001; 02-17-2009 at 06:07 PM.
TKA-001 is offline   you may:
Old 02-17-2009, 06:08 PM   #324
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller

Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post

In all seriousness, though: What does TOR have to do with the KOTOR Series, and what reason does anyone have to believe that it does?
Beats me! People keep assuming TOR doesn't take place 300 years after TSL. Well, it DOES.
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may:
Old 02-17-2009, 07:15 PM   #325
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Current Game: KOTOR III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor Kaine View Post
I have, several times, thank you. I'll not bother to discuss this further, as it's clear that any contradictory opinions are going to dismissed out of hand.
Since I've upset a number of individuals, it would be best for me to quit while I'm behind.

I wasn't under the impression that I just dismissed everything out of hand. I would dismiss absolute statements out of hand... some of mine were and they should be dismissed as well. There was no clear indication that Lucasarts was making a hype about a KOTOR III, but that was what a significant number of individuals expected. Few, even advocates for TOR, expected something else completely.

In response to the claim you've played TSL several times... can't state my opinion here.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may:
Old 02-17-2009, 07:37 PM   #326
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Current Game: KOTOR III
Since Jae Onasi has taken an interest in changing my biassed poll, I would have requested other changes to the question in itself.

"Are people who expected KOTOR III enthused by the announcement of TOR?"

answer one "I was happy to hear Lucasarts decided to abandon KOTOR III for something completely different."

answer two: "I was disappointed and have low expectations for TOR."

answer three "I expect TOR to end up better than an official KOTOR III."

answer four "Lucasarts left us with an extremely anti-climatic ending to KOTOR and don't expect anything about TOR could compensate for being 300 years after KOTOR."

Of course, now that poll is tainted, but if people who've casted their vote could do so again... this would be what I would have preferred over having another answer injected this long after it started.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may:
Old 02-17-2009, 07:43 PM   #327
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
In response to the claim you've played TSL several times... can't state my opinion here.
Of course, because I totally make mods for games I haven't played through to completion.

Quote:
answer one "I was happy to hear Lucasarts decided to abandon KOTOR III for something completely different."
Where exactly was the press release where LucasArts said 'We are abandoning KOTOR'?

Astor is offline   you may:
Old 02-17-2009, 08:14 PM   #328
True_Avery
Banned

Quote:
Why don't you play the game before making criticisms.
Quote:
Yeeaahhhh....

No.

You are blatantly lighting fires now that your argument has run out of gas. You are honestly going to call a modder out on playing TSL to fit your own opinion? Really?

This thread obvious has nowhere to go. The same arguments are being recycled, and its clear that tongues are getting sharp and impatient over this. This thread was a good place for the haters to express their opinions, but it has outlived its purpose. If you do not like the game, then go to Austin Texas and talk to Bioware or write them an angry letter. But, do not stir up trouble on this forum because of it. We have no affiliation with Lucas or Bioware as far as I know, and I doubt either watch this board.

Thread Closed.
True_Avery is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Game Discussion > Tython Temple > Is TOR as good as KOTOR III?