Thread: Your actions, and more.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-21-2008, 08:00 PM   #1
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
Your actions, and more.

I wonder what we of LFNetwork would like to happen for actions. I personally would like a Fallout type of action system. Like if you do something bad, you get a short bonus, but, in the long run, harms you more. (Or, if your darkside, and you do that deed, it helps you, but harms you if you do an LS deed.)

Also...

Quote:
4:54 Scooter: Someone asked if your character speaks.
4:54 Scooter: Number one on his "Don't Talk" list.
Could it mean that the Main Character isn't a mute like in the previous installments, horrible irony, or a hint of another mute PC?
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 08:15 PM   #2
Da_Man_2423
Forumite

Current Game: NCAA Football 10
I don't know, but it sounds like the convo system won't be typical.

Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 08:19 PM   #3
Razgriz1928
Rookie

Star Wars Galaxies use to be the pretty much leading MMO, before NGE and WoW.

I think that Lucas Arts is trying to take that big step in technology and MMO gamestyle to regain they're title in the MMO world again.

So I wouldn't be suprised if your character talked. They said it wasn't going to be like the normal KOTOR/Bioware Dialouge actions.

Razgriz1928 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2008, 06:09 PM   #4
Darth_vilas
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razgriz1928 View Post
Star Wars Galaxies use to be the pretty much leading MMO, before NGE and WoW.

I think that Lucas Arts is trying to take that big step in technology and MMO gamestyle to regain they're title in the MMO world again.

So I wouldn't be suprised if your character talked. They said it wasn't going to be like the normal KOTOR/Bioware Dialouge actions.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the Main in Mass Effect wasn't mute right?
Darth_vilas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2008, 07:52 PM   #5
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_vilas View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but the Main in Mass Effect wasn't mute right?
Indeed. But although it may seem obvious to assume they go the same way as Mass Effect, Dragon Age's PC doesn't speak.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2008, 08:51 PM   #6
True_Avery
Banned

Even with the EA/LA/Bio trio of money here, I just don't think it would be cost effective to do voices. For the main at least.

In concept it sounds simple: Hire a cast and have them talk. But when you are doing something like this, you are basically paying by the line. Put that into a world the size of WoW and you end up with one hell of a bill.

Not saying it wont happen, as GW and Conan have both used voices... but I just wouldn't get your hopes up for a full voice cast, especially from the Main considering all the choices and scenarios you will be given.
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2008, 01:52 AM   #7
Da_man
CHEATER (Apparently)

Current Game: Team Fortress 2
Doing voices for all the possible PC choices would be one gigantic bill. Oblivion hired...some famous guy to do the Voice of Uriel Septim, then had 12-14 other people to do every other voice in the game. And the PC was still mute. The diologue didn't even have full sentences for most of the conversations, just topics. Even then, Bethesda got nailed with a hefty bill.

Da_man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Game Discussion > Tython Temple > Your actions, and more.