lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: "Enter the Dark Lord" (Vader SP Level) beta
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-22-2008, 09:26 AM   #1
Lord Skywalker
Lurker

Question "Enter the Dark Lord" (Vader SP Level) beta

Hi!

Anyone has a copy of the "Enter the Dark Lord" mod's beta version? If yes, then please upload it somewhere, i spent weeks looking for it, but couldn't find it on the internet. I really hope that someone has it. I would be really happy if someone could upload it.

Here's the original topic of the mod if it helps:
http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=147163

Thanks.
Lord Skywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-22-2008, 09:31 AM   #2
Forceboat

Hey Lord Skywalker,

I e-mailed AK Piggott about this very thing, and here's what he said to me:

Quote:
I put a lot of work into Enter the Dark Lord and sadly, I'm not sure if I even have any of it anywhere. I mean, I must ... but who knows what I've done with it after all this time. I would love to upload the beta to give people a go, but honestly I don't think I even have a copy anymore.

All I can say is, if I happen to stumble across it at some point I'll be happy to share it with the folks at Massassi.
So at this point, that's where things stand. I'm sorry if that's not good news. I wish he had left up at least one of his previous betas he had uploaded to 4hoursleep.
Forceboat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-22-2008, 09:33 AM   #3
Lord Skywalker
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forceboat View Post
Hey Lord Skywalker,

I e-mailed AK Piggott about this very thing, and here's what he said to me:

So at this point, that's where things stand. I'm sorry if that's not good news. I wish he had left up at least one of his previous betas he had uploaded to 4hoursleep.
Well, thats sad. But thank you for your answer.
Lord Skywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-22-2008, 11:30 AM   #4
katanamaru

Dang, that was one mod I was really looking forward to. Oh well, at least we got Party Crashers.
katanamaru is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-22-2008, 11:21 PM   #5
Mercenary

You could maybe ask the old map-review crowd if they still have the file.

http://www.map-review.com/forums/vie...er=asc&start=0
Mercenary is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2008, 06:09 AM   #6
CrisG
Aging Jedi

The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Here is a copy of the beta as it was left in development almost done, scroll down for updates for Anthony is considering working on it some more to bring it to completion.

http://ifile.it/prbed21/enter_dark_lord.rar

There is no Chaos, There is Harmony.
----------------------------------------------------
Admin 3D Worlds and Game Developers Group - Linkedin - "We Build Worlds"
DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR

Last edited by CrisG; 03-30-2009 at 05:04 PM.
CrisG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2008, 05:43 AM   #7
CrisG
Aging Jedi

http://forums.filefront.com/sw-jk3-m...-sp-level.html

I did find this artcile about it.

DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR
Old 11-15-2008, 11:54 AM   #8
jedimike2234
Rookie

here it is for everyone who wanted to play it!

I have put the level enter the dark lord here:
http://dashboard.filefront.com/jedimike2234/

just put the files into a folder, the dl assets 1 and dl assets 0 , titled dark lord in the gamedata and run it through the batch file,hope everyone enjoys it,this was the last beta,that i think was made availabile over at map review.
this was requested by my good buddy chris g.

have to say ak piggot did a fantastic level its a shame it was never finished.
jedimike2234 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2009, 04:05 AM   #9
CrisG
Aging Jedi

maybe we can coax him to finish it thanks again Jedimike that was very cool of you.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:50 PM   #10
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Current Game: Pheonix Wright
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisG View Post
maybe we can coax him to finish it thanks again Jedimike that was very cool of you.
You could just have someone finish it for him

"There's gotta be a better way to make a living"
-Kyle Katarn
DeadYorick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2009, 04:14 PM   #11
CrisG
Aging Jedi

I am trying to get in touch with him now, he has not replied yet but he is still about on occasion the mod is really fun, i am playing it now, and he did a great job on it. if you dl the files from the link that Jedi Mike so kindly put up, you may need to rename the two pk3 file, in my case they dl as zip files and would not run, but once i just removed the .zip they renamed properly and run fine. Mr P is a master map maker and it is a blast to be able to play as Darth Vader

Old 01-28-2009, 04:47 PM   #12
jedimike2234
Rookie

what i find real interesting is that AK Piggot was really ahead of the curve so to speak,in the game the force unleashed you also play as vader fighting against wookies and rebels,here in enter the dark lord ak piggot has us play as vader as we kick much rebel butt and aslo many wookies,the cutscenes are fantastic and the gameplay is also great!
I loved the moment where you see a stormtrooper try to run minus his arm as he falls and dies and a wookie appears with said stormtroopers arm in his hand and roaring,that was a great moment!
Its a shame he never finished it and i think the only person to finish it should be ak piggot because he has the map file without that you cant really finish it.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:58 PM   #13
CrisG
Aging Jedi

I agree on all points Mike, and i am just now writing to the folks at the M Temple to see if they can reach him, i have tried thru someone that had heard from him recently but so far JK has not replied to my e mails. I will keep trying.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:22 PM   #14
katanamaru

Do we know where he left off? I get to the south hanger and kill some rebels and a imp officer calls and says something like 'we have the rebels in the North hanger, I'll meet you in a control room just east of you" and then I'm stuck. Just wondering if that is the end or if I haven't gone to the right part yet.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:04 PM   #15
CrisG
Aging Jedi

i will try myself, i havent played all the way thru yet myself, and see if that is where i end up too

Old 01-30-2009, 11:32 AM   #16
jedimike2234
Rookie

katanamaru, did you get past the exploding rooms ?after that you come to a large room with several stormtroopers waiting around,that was the last room ak piggot made for the beata,if you no clip you can go past but it just ends in a very large arena.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:29 PM   #17
katanamaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimike2234 View Post
katanamaru, did you get past the exploding rooms ?after that you come to a large room with several stormtroopers waiting around,that was the last room ak piggot made for the beata,if you no clip you can go past but it just ends in a very large arena.
Yep that is where I got to. I used no clip to find the large room that was unfinished, but I was wondering if I had to backtrack somewhere. Thanks jedimike for telling me that was the end. That fire room and how ak piggot made the stormtroopers obey commands was some of the coolest things I've seen in JA.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:53 PM   #18
jedimike2234
Rookie

yes,that where it ends ,sadly.Me and chrisg are trying very hard to get in contact with ak piggot,just to let him know we have posted the beta and just to thank him as well for a project that i know was difficult for him but it stands even now in its unfinished state as a great sp mod.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:00 PM   #19
CrisG
Aging Jedi

We have heard from Anthony and there is hope of seeing this great level set being finished...please contact me or Mike if you may be interested in helping with this, and know Radiant...this is a chance to see a remarkable work completed that really shows what JKA can do.

Old 02-26-2009, 02:22 PM   #20
AKPiggott

BOOOOYAH!

Can someone tell me? Did I have the good sense to include the MAP file in the PK3? I'm sure that was the good practice I used to keep up. If not, I don't know if I'll have a hope in hell of finding it.

Enter the Dark Lord, coming soon. Watch the Teaser Trailer.
AKPiggott is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-26-2009, 02:45 PM   #21
jedimike2234
Rookie

HI anthony and cris,
yes its inside the pk3 i checked its titled darklord1.map file so id say were good to go,it never occured to mme to check the pk3,most authors dont include it.
and anthony its good to see your back.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:01 PM   #22
katanamaru

I can't map but I can do animations if that will help you out. You can see some of the stuff if you head over to the OJP forums @ ojp.filepanther.com. I can't give out any of the animations that are posted there for the mods use until the newest version has been out 3-4 weeks. I can make some new animations in the mean time or you can wait for the others to become open.

For instance I can make some Vader stances or such.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:20 AM   #23
AKPiggott

Thanks for the offer. I think the animation might all be done, depends on how we decide to end it (I can't remember what the plan was). I'm pretty sure I wrote it all out though, so maybe I can find the script somewhere.

Enter the Dark Lord, coming soon. Watch the Teaser Trailer.
AKPiggott is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2009, 06:30 PM   #24
katanamaru

Alright. If you need any help with animations feel free to contact me here or at the ojp boards. Other than that good luck.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:49 PM   #25
CrisG
Aging Jedi

that is very nice of you katanamaru....and so good to have you back Anthony. This is a very happy thing indeed. so glad the map file is there.

Old 03-01-2009, 04:23 AM   #26
ajcrow
Rookie

Just played it, and it's great!

I can't believe how good it is...

Can't wait to see the finished version!

jk3wotj.wetpaint.com
An upcoming mod for JA
ajcrow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2009, 09:05 AM   #27
Ham Yoyo

Welcome back Anthony. I haven't seen you post since the old Admiral's Command Chamber forums shut down. Thank you for working on the rest of this map. Its going to be great.

My dream, to watch Imperial ships explode in my gunsights.
Ham Yoyo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2009, 05:06 PM   #28
CrisG
Aging Jedi

I moved my copy of the beta to a new hosting service as filefront closes today....see link at top of topic thanks again Anthony! Great to see you back indeed.

http://ifile.it/prbed21/enter_dark_lord.rar

Old 06-24-2009, 11:35 AM   #29
Forceboat

Chris and Mike,

Your copies of this are no longer available at Filefront .See my post below Lindsey's as I have bumped this to give a new link to it again.

Last edited by Forceboat; 07-03-2009 at 08:41 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:19 AM   #30
Lindsey

I played this the other night, a shining example of a well made and well thought out SP mod. This deserves to be finished for sure
Lindsey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2009, 08:25 PM   #31
Forceboat

New link:
Enter The Dark Lord

Last edited by Forceboat; 07-03-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:08 AM   #32
CrisG
Aging Jedi

thanks Force, i will renew my post, just got home from hospital after 17 days in the body shop...sorry about letting that link expire. I will check with Anthony too to see how htings are going.

cheers and thanks again

Old 07-20-2009, 09:04 AM   #33
Forceboat

Again, welcome back, Chris. Filefront did some re-vamping and the urls for member's pages no longer point to hosted.filefront.com, but to filefront.com/yourusername. Part of the new Filefront.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:30 PM   #34
Forceboat

Anything new from Anthony on the status of the finished version? I finally got to play it through at least twice and was sad that the last objective wasn't in there, the one where you meet up with Mohc in the north hangar. I hope we hear something from him sometime soon, as it was great playing as Vader; we need more stuff like this!!
Old 08-04-2009, 04:18 PM   #35
katanamaru

Watch out for the Tales of the Sith Lords mod/demo. In the demo the player will control Vader.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:06 AM   #36
CrisG
Aging Jedi

Well hopefully Anthony will be able to finsih this classic masterpiece. I know how time moves along and we just dont have as much time as we want sometimes...but hopefully it will happen.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:35 PM   #37
setlec
Rookie

sorry for asking is there any update on this mod? I would to see it finished, i've played it earlier today and it has so MUCH potential.

small comment: If any of you are interested there is opensource game called Xreal that uses idTech 3 (JKA game engine) as base but much more"evolved" version so to speak. You could try to make this mod to become a stand-alone game... My self i could help with compiling it for windows and linux if you are interested.

Cheers
setlec is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2010, 12:47 AM   #38
katanamaru

No word from Anthony in a while. This project is pretty much as far as it will go. Too bad, it was great.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:52 PM   #39
CrisG
Aging Jedi

From what I have seen over the years, some things just take time, and life has many demands. Over the past year or so fine work is continuing on maps and levels and mods for all the Jedi Knight games, and I remain hopeful that Anthony may be able to finsih up this magnificent piece of work. The Force is strong, and so is Faith.

Old 03-06-2010, 04:26 PM   #40
katanamaru

Hope is fine and all, but the last time Anthony posted was February of 09. Over a year ago, and then he was saying he might be able to dig up the script.

He may come back to it, but in all honesty it is better to just enjoy the mod for what it is and be grateful we got to play it at all.

Unless he shows up and says that he will continue to work on it it is better to just think of it as dropped.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Academy > "Enter the Dark Lord" (Vader SP Level) beta