Thread: Player housing and player cities
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-18-2009, 06:28 AM   #41
knight 12167
Rookie

If your a Jedi you get a small apartment at the temple in Tython.

Smuggler means you get an apartment on Ord Mantell

Trooper means you get a military barracks on ????

Sith you get a grove on korriban

You will also be able to buy your own ship in which to home yourself as well.

lUV THE GUILDSHIP IDEA!!!

Never was anything great achieved without danger.
knight 12167 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 01:15 PM   #42
Hunted
Rookie

Why not have the best of both worlds?

Everyone gets a BASIC ship in the beginning of their story. This is instanced and can be accessed from any starport. As in Everquest 2, you can give others permission to go into your ship. When you go into space, anyone on your ship has the option of going with you and manning turrets and such.

You can get new ships via questing and crafting. Better ships have nicer interiors and more storage space in addition to better weaponry, speed, armor, etc.

Guilds can set up a home base on a planet complete with a starport. Obviously, these would be extremely expensive. Perhaps they could take a cue from Age of Conan and make it permanently in a particular instance of a zone. Maybe those could be the same zones in which you set up harvesters to collect materials, again, like Age of Conan.
Hunted is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 03:04 PM   #43
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Well if I play this game I will play as a Bounty Hunter, so a ship is a must-have thing. An apartment or any type of house would be just a waste of the game. You will have to go-kill-talk-fly all the time so there will be no time for sitting in a house.

Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 06:43 PM   #44
Saenjaina
Rookie

Current Game: GTA IV
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDac View Post
Well if I play this game I will play as a Bounty Hunter, so a ship is a must-have thing. An apartment or any type of house would be just a waste of the game. You will have to go-kill-talk-fly all the time so there will be no time for sitting in a house.

Thanks for clearing up for me, what I do and do not have time for.

Leader of
Lux Aeterna
- A European SWTOR Guild -
Saenjaina is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 07:28 PM   #45
WraithPrince
Rookie

Current Game: UT2004, Kotor:TSL
People in guilds or w/e they decide to call them in TOR or Rp'ers would love to have a guild hall/house they don't have to make this game focus on pvp and pve like WoW did.

WraithPrince is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2009, 12:34 AM   #46
Linda Lobsta Defenda
Lurker

While the idea of actually having a home is really appealing (specially for pack rats like me). I do NOT want just rows and rows of empty houses from people that no longer play, while yes cities are sprawling monsters so it makes sense it is also incredibly boring to have to ride/run/drive/ooze past just rows and rows of houses to get home. So some form of instanced housing would be nice I think, also it would suck to come in late to the game and not being able to find a place to live as all the houses are occupied by people that stopped playing the game months/years/eons ago.

But having some form of home gets two thumbs up from me (still have fond memories of the house i had in Morrowind (yes i know offline single player but it is the feeling that counts). Where i had rooms set aside for all the different armours/weapons i had found. And bookcases filled with books and such. Really ads a LOT to a game, compared to say WoW where you just have a bank. (and tiny one at that).

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Linda Lobsta Defenda is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2009, 01:27 PM   #47
Xu Kaiwen
Lurker

I love the idea of having a space ship. I know I'm going to start off with the smuggler, so I would love the option of getting/upgrading my ship to make it faster--no, the fastest! I can't think of a real application for a fast ship--besides pride. Smuggler pride, what!?!

As far as houses go, I don't particularly care. And guild houses are nice for storage, but really, if you are going to go somewhere to party, go to the cantina. That way you can have a real bar fight! Well, a digital one
Xu Kaiwen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-03-2009, 04:29 PM   #48
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Welcome Xu!!!

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2009, 10:40 AM   #49
TheRogueForums
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xu Kaiwen View Post
I love the idea of having a space ship. I know I'm going to start off with the smuggler, so I would love the option of getting/upgrading my ship to make it faster--no, the fastest! I can't think of a real application for a fast ship--besides pride. Smuggler pride, what!?!

As far as houses go, I don't particularly care. And guild houses are nice for storage, but really, if you are going to go somewhere to party, go to the cantina. That way you can have a real bar fight! Well, a digital one
I think you've said it best. A ship would be awesome!

TheRogueForums is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2009, 12:15 PM   #50
darthfergie
Q-38 Modulator

LFN Staff Member 
A guild ship would indeed be very cool. Guild capital ships slugging it out against each other with starfighters flying around doing damage as well...probably a different game though.

At the same time I remember what happened once SWG really started guild cities in full swing. The towns other than the capital cities ended up becoming ghost towns and you had to travel way out in the middle of nowhere to find a vendor who may or may not have any armor left. That's why I'm a little iffy about houses and such. While it's great for storage/display/and vendors, it's not so great for keeping the sense of big worldness. Too many hubs in an area mean players spread out too much which means less of a social sense.

Admittedly though some of the more advanced guild cities were very cool...

darthfergie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Game Discussion > Tython Temple > Player housing and player cities