lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Fable 2
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-25-2008, 11:12 PM   #1
JediAthos

Current Game: Defiance
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Fable 2

Anyone else picked up and played it? I picked up the limited edition and I'm really enjoying it so far. I think there's a much better balance between melee, ranged, and magic in this game than in the first. Plus with the limited edition you get some nifty looking Halo armor, and a sword that looks like an energy sword

"You'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

JediAthos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2008, 01:48 AM   #2
Boba Rhett
I Slay Dragons

Current Game: Scrolling Eldery
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! 
I just got my copy in the mail and now am insanely jealous and rage filled that I don't get me an energy sword.

I'm about four hours into it. Seems like a step in the right direction from the first, and I enjoyed the first. The camera can be wonky sometimes though. Especially as a child.
Boba Rhett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2008, 02:11 AM   #3
Fredi
El Guapo

I loved the first one, I would like to try this one. Fable is a great game.

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2008, 09:13 AM   #4
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter Contest winner - Modding 
Been playing it since last Wednesday. It's a brilliant game, but unfortunately very very buggy (I haven't played a game as prone to glitch since Fallout 2 :P).

Silveredge9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2008, 09:35 AM   #5
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Okay, seems like eveyone who tried it loved the first one. How's the game from the point of view of someone who thought the first game to be just average?

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2008, 05:33 PM   #6
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
I hated Fable with a passion.

I disliked the way the PC appearance changed, I hated the conversation system. I did not even like the story enough to even complete the game.

I’m guessing I am ¾ though Fable 2, and while I still dislike the appearance changes and the conversation system, I cannot stop playing. Sure I found a few minor glitches (I did not download the addon yet, because I heard it caused problems), but overall the entire experience has been enjoyable.

The conversation system is really an expression system. While that annoys me, some of the expressions are really funny. Sometimes this can lead to trouble when a NPC following you around and you accidentally give one the “thumps up” at the wrong time. My female PC now has a daughter to show for her mistake. She also got a dead beat husband whose occupation is village drunk.

The combat system is alright. Lots of one button mashing, but by alternating between melee, range and magic this handicap can be overcome.

The story seems very good, the scenery is nice, but like Boba Rhett wrote the camera angles can look weird once in awhile.

Don’t like the way the NPC or the PC look. Right now, my PC is on a diet of celery only to get rid of the bulge and she has a strange glow. She runs everywhere, but still ends up getting fat. Unsure if the glow is from her use of magic (Will) or if she caught a STD from one of those misdirected “thumps up” expressions.

Had all kinds of money last night when I started playing. In a usual RPG, that is the point in the game when you start making more money than you can ever spend. However, do to some poor investments (because I lowered the rent too low) and a over generous allowance my PC was chopping wood the last hour to feed her kid.

Overall I’d say it is a very good game. Fable 2 is not perfect, but it is suppressing my craving to play a RPG type game cheaper than buying a new computer.

Last edited by mimartin; 10-28-2008 at 12:35 PM.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2008, 05:37 PM   #7
jrrtoken

Wait... you can get STDs in this game? What is this, real life? I heard of the "grading" of performance during sex in this game, but this is a bit too realistic. If I'd want to play a game like that, I'd play something else... >_>
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2008, 05:45 PM   #8
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX View Post
Wait... you can get STDs in this game? What is this, real life? I heard of the "grading" of performance during sex in this game, but this is a bit too realistic. If I'd want to play a game like that, I'd play something else... >_>
It says in the booklet you can, but I have no idea if it is true or not.

I will verify that you can kick a chicken though and it is an achievement.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:57 PM   #9
Burnseyy
Forumite

You can get STDs

And I love the second Fable. The first one was brilliant, and I think the second one is just as good... but this time it's got more stuff.
The first one was a little messy... the second one's more ... 'neat'.

I have terrible ways of describing things, I know.

But apart from that, I haven't found the game to be buggy at all. My person got stuck once, but that's because I jumped off the edge of something into somewhere where you're not supposed to be able to jump lol.

"If God is a DJ, then life is a dance floor, love is the rhythm and you are the music."

Burnseyy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2008, 07:19 PM   #10
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnseyy View Post
You can get STDs
Huh, that's... great, actually! Are there condoms or, I dunno, er-- magical-- uh, protectors (?) to avoid getting contaminated?

Thanks for the testimony, Mimartin. Your case is just what I asked for. After the shock that was when I first played fable, I never thought I would get the sequel; I was so hyped and the game pushed me to the hard reality. I'm considering getting this one now.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:50 PM   #11
jrrtoken

Just saw a video of the whole... ah... sexual relationship.

Best menu option ever in a video game:

"Do you wish to have sex here?"
A) Protected Sex
B) Unprotected Sex

*Screen fades to black*

Several erotic noises later...
"I hope you want to be a dad, because there's a little one on the way."

Old 10-27-2008, 08:02 PM   #12
Burnseyy
Forumite

The producers must've had a laugh with that.

"If God is a DJ, then life is a dance floor, love is the rhythm and you are the music."

Burnseyy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2008, 08:05 PM   #13
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
Huh, that's... great, actually! Are there condoms or, I dunno, er-- magical-- uh, protectors (?) to avoid getting contaminated?
You can purchase condoms.

You just have to purchase them before you get the options PastramiX describes. Otherwise, your only choice is unprotected. That is how my PC got her little bundle of joy.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:10 PM   #14
jrrtoken

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
You can purchase condoms.
No comment.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:38 PM   #15
Boba Rhett
I Slay Dragons

Current Game: Scrolling Eldery
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! 
My dog finds all my condoms for me. They're buried everywhere.
Boba Rhett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2008, 09:41 PM   #16
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba Rhett View Post
My dog must not like the way condoms smell, it only seems to find money, jewels and books.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:39 AM   #17
Hayden Kered
Veteran

Helpful! 
I bought Fable The Lost Chapters for PC a couple of years ago and love it! When I found out that Fable 2 was coming out I got mad because I do not have an Xbox 360.

Hopefully I can get both some time soon!

I QUIT LF!
Hayden Kered is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2008, 12:55 AM   #18
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius

Current Game: KotOR III
I want it, thought The Lost Chapters was very good, but a bit overrated, hopefully I get it soon, I'm growing bored

Yes
Rabish Bini is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2008, 05:49 AM   #19
Stream
Damn...

Current Game: Fable 3
Helpful! LFN Staff Member 
I love it, I also loved the first one. The only problem I have with it, and many other games lately, there's no PC version at the moment.

Why have developers recently decided that people don't want PC games anymore.

--Stream

Stream is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2008, 12:23 PM   #20
Darth333
Administraterror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stream View Post
I love it, I also loved the first one. The only problem I have with it, and many other games lately, there's no PC version at the moment.
Not yet, but I am pretty sure we will see one (might be Vista exclusive though as it is published by Microsoft).

They`re just waiting for the console exclusivity period to end IMHO...they`ve got to boost those console sales first...after that, they'll move to the "Vista" sales, which is guaranteed if the game is successful.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/fa...news-9516.html

Quote:
When asked if it might be the case that a PC version will turn up later, Molyneux replied: "You see you said all the maybes and mights there, I'll leave that with you! But these are the sorts of things as you can imagine I get into an enormous amount of trouble for. I have to be very careful!"
He sounds pretty much like a guy who has signed an NDA
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2008, 05:36 PM   #21
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan

Does anyone know what the STD do ? Does it affect the characther in any way ? When i looked at me profile i noticed i had got STD once (Damm wife giving me that when i wanted to get a baby^^), but i didn't even notice it until i saw it on the characther profile.

And otherwise i think the game is great, played almost the whole day and i haven't even done anything usefull at all, just running around and doing random stuff like exploring and side missions.
Lantzen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2008, 05:56 PM   #22
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantzen View Post
Does anyone know what the STD do ?
I don't know, but my PC monogamous relationship with her drunken husband has given her 4. I believe it lowers the purity stat as that has taken a nose dive since she has gotten the STDs. However, that is just guess work at this time.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:48 PM   #23
Revan 411
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediAthos
Anyone else picked up and played it?
I'm currently awaiting the PC version of the game. If there ever is one...

Revan 411 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2008, 09:22 PM   #24
FiEND_138

I'm enjoying the hell out of it, though I think the wife is cheating on me now that my character is rampant w/STD's. Probably sacrifice her to the Shadows later.

FiEND_138 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2008, 04:18 AM   #25
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
My dog must not like the way condoms smell, it only seems to find money, jewels and books.
*Kidnapps mimartin's Dog*

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-30-2008, 01:40 PM   #26
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
Yeah, I've played it and enjoying so far. I love how they finally made it possible to walk on the field freely instead of being restricted to an outrageously small path. So far, the only amazing feat I've done was jumping from a waterfall.

And if I can't leave my children with the ex-wife, I'll get mad.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:50 PM   #27
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke View Post
*Kidnapps mimartin's Dog*
So that is where Nero went.

Well I've completed the main quest and while I believe there was something missing from the ending, I’d still say it is one of the better video games I’ve played (it just isn’t Mass Effect). Although some choices in Fable 2 remind me of Bring Down the Sky, which is a very good thing to me.

I really believe if I would have slowed down and done some other quest and jobs during the last third of the game it would have been more enjoyable. However, the story was so compelling to me I could not slow down. While you can continue with your PC once you finished the main quest, due to my utter discuss with her looks (the lines are Will lines from magic) I choice to start a new male PC and that PC will forgo the use of magic. This time I’m going to take my time and really explore the world. I'm going for a completely pure and good PC, which means I will be eating a lot of vegetables.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
And if I can't leave my children with the ex-wife, I'll get mad.
I wouldn’t worry too much about that.

Last edited by mimartin; 10-30-2008 at 03:12 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:55 PM   #28
Corinthian
Banned

This is certainly an interesting thread.

"My wife has given me so many STDs, she has to be cheating on me."

Isn't that a popular topic on Jerry Springer?
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2008, 09:14 AM   #29
JediAthos

Current Game: Defiance
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
My character actually isn't married yet thought I'm at the point in the game where I've done enough good that just about any male will marry her...and some of the women too.

"You'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

JediAthos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2008, 11:58 AM   #30
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

10 year veteran! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
I got the Limited Edition version, and enjoyed the game a lot until the end. There's three endings, and the only difference between them is about 4 lines of dialog and the result of your decision. Everything you do in the game doesn't mean squat. You get to the end and pick a card. That's it. I considered replaying as a good hero, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I traded for Fallout 3.
swphreak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2008, 07:40 PM   #31
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan

So what ? Then it's like 99% of all the rest RPGs out there, usaly the ending don't change depending on your decisions earlier in the game, but you can usaly choose some diffrent and it seems to be the same in Fable2 then.

I seem to have problem with my wifes keeps leaving me, even when the bars say they happy. Think it's a bug or something, i can go out on a mission and when i get back they leave me
Old 11-03-2008, 01:11 PM   #32
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarWarsPhreak View Post
Everything you do in the game doesn't mean squat. You get to the end and pick a card. That's it.
Oh yea, try finding buried treasure without your dog.

Quote:
I seem to have problem with my wifes keeps leaving me, even when the bars say they happy.
Are you saying you have more than one wife at a time? If so, it is not all that uncommon for one to leave you for polygamy.

If you have only one at a time and she still leaves you, then was she really happy? Did she complain about the house or ask for a gift? Was not only the romance high, but her opinion of your appearance and your humor? Remember that the NPC opinion matters, just because you have them all on the good side does not mean she wants them there. She may like fat men or humorless men.

Last edited by mimartin; 11-03-2008 at 02:05 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:35 PM   #33
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I've borrowed this from a friend to see if I like it enough to buy it... and I do.

I haven't enjoyed a game this much since Mass Effect... (but not as much as Mass Effect, before you jump on me mim )

I really like everything about it - the characters, the locations, and especially the clothing options (I like 18th Century fashion ).

Awesome!

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2008, 05:50 PM   #34
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan

@mimartin: I googled it and it seems there is a bug, think it's already been fixed but i don't have my xbox hooked up to live at the moment, so thats probaly the problem

And all the meters were high, and in the info it said she was happy with the house and upkeep, and it have been both when i only have had one wife or when i had have more, so like i said probaly the bug ^^

Are on my second runthourgh now, first time i played evil now im playing a good female, but she dosen't look so good ^^ Have colured the cloths black and have a eyelap
Old 11-07-2008, 02:48 PM   #35
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Quote:
@mimartin: I googled it and it seems there is a bug, think it's already been fixed but i don't have my xbox hooked up to live at the moment, so thats probaly the problem
I had it happen too with a male PC. Funny I wish it would have happened with my female PC as I wanted to get rid of her drunken deadbeat husband.

Finished my second playthrough, the first time I went with Love (stupid of me), but the second time through I went with Sacrifice. The ending had a way bigger impact on me than I suspected. I took my time with the ending and listen carefully to all the conversations (I rushed the first time). The story is excellent IMO.

Trying to decide now if I want to go through Fable 2 again or if I want to play Fallout 3, decisions, decisions…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor_Kaine View Post
I haven't enjoyed a game this much since Mass Effect... (but not as much as Mass Effect, before you jump on me mim )
Who? You need to stop listening to Achilles unfounded accusations about me and my overstated Mass Effect fanboyism. Those accusations simply are not true and are disparaging to my good non-bias name.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:01 PM   #36
mattig89ch

Is this out for the PC as well? or is it just for the 360. If its for the PC, I might get it.
mattig89ch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-07-2008, 03:21 PM   #37
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattig89ch View Post
Is this out for the PC as well? or is it just for the 360. If its for the PC, I might get it.
360 only for now, but if the past is any indication.

Old 11-09-2008, 03:58 PM   #38
kotor_freak
Rookie

Quote:
Sure they aren't used? :P

I pre-ordered Fable 2 pretty soon after the pr-ordering system was put up :P I had been waiting for it for about 3 years, ever since i played the first.

Thats the time i like to call the Dark Ages. *rocks back and forth*

To be honest, i love everything about this new Fable, except the story. In my opinion its a bit dull when compared to the first fable and TLC. I mean, i loved Jack of Blades, he was the perfect baddie. The way he was so terrifying and his voice gave me the shivers.

In Fable 2, there really isn't anything like that. But nonetheless, its still enjoyable.

Decided to check out Bloodstone when i got the chance first time round. Ended up in bed with a woman.

Turned out to be Sam the wh*re.

Thats not really good when your sisters called Sam is it?

"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here." -Tidus, Final Fantasy X
kotor_freak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-17-2008, 04:40 PM   #39
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Has anyone else complete Gargoyles quest?
spoiler:
I was really upset with the prize until I looked behind the chest.

The Archaeologist side quest ticks me off because
spoiler:
you can only complete it after defeating Lucien, so the only way you can only complete is by choosing Love so that you still have a dog.

Old 11-17-2008, 04:41 PM   #40
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
I love the dog
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Fable 2