Thread: Revan's Fate
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-21-2008, 06:00 PM   #1
Jason Skywalker
Fight da Powah
 
Jason Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,152
Current Game: SMT: Imagine
Revan's Fate

From official site:

Quote:
Star Wars: The Old Republic takes place approximately three hundred years after the events of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (KOTOR). At the conclusion of the Jedi Civil War in KOTOR, Revan disappeared into unknown space in search of a great threat to the Republic, an expanding Sith Empire led by a mysterious Emperor who planned vengeance for his ancient Jedi enemies. Revan never returned from unknown space, but the Sith Empire did, kicking off a war with the Republic that lasted for decades. Now, despite the uneasy truce created by the Treaty of Coruscant, the tension among the divided star systems is threatening to once again tear the galaxy apart.
So yeah, Revan = dead, probably at the hands of the Sith Empire.
Jason Skywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:00 PM   #2
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
 
Jae Onasi's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,912
Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Nooo!!! Jolee's gone too then!!! *Jae cries*


From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:01 PM   #3
Da_Man_2423
Forumite
 
Da_Man_2423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 745
Current Game: NCAA Football 10
Perhaps you could call the title Revan or something, instead of just "Lol". Thanks.


Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:02 PM   #4
Astor
It's Thornhill!
 
Astor's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Warwickshire, UK
Posts: 3,631
Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Skywalker View Post
From official site:



So yeah, Revan = dead, probably at the hands of the Sith Empire.
THAT'S how they choose to end the KOTOR series, with a few sentences?






Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:06 PM   #5
Yar-El
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 783
Current Game: The Witcher
SPOILER -- True Sith - Where Revan went and why.

SPOILER -- True Sith - Where Revan went and why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtor.com faq section
Star Wars: The Old Republic takes place approximately three hundred years after the events of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (KOTOR). At the conclusion of the Jedi Civil War in KOTOR, Revan disappeared into unknown space in search of a great threat to the Republic, an expanding Sith Empire led by a mysterious Emperor who planned vengeance for his ancient Jedi enemies. Revan never returned from unknown space, but the Sith Empire did, kicking off a war with the Republic that lasted for decades. Now, despite the uneasy truce created by the Treaty of Coruscant, the tension among the divided star systems is threatening to once again tear the galaxy apart.
Yar-El is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:07 PM   #6
ReplicatorJade
Rookie
 
ReplicatorJade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 29
That just seriously sucks! I was hoping to see a Kotor game to explain and tie up all the loose ends of Kotor 2!
No Revan!
No Exile!

For the Love of the Empire...why???


~I Once Thought I Was Impervious To The Dark Side...I Was Wrong!
ReplicatorJade is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:08 PM   #7
Da_Man_2423
Forumite
 
Da_Man_2423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 745
Current Game: NCAA Football 10
This wasn't an official announcement that came out and said "Revan is dead". It just says Revan hasn't returned yet. Hell, he could be Sith again.


Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:11 PM   #8
Yar-El
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 783
Current Game: The Witcher
Revan is dead, the new Emporer, or is planning something new.
Yar-El is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:11 PM   #9
ReplicatorJade
Rookie
 
ReplicatorJade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 29
Well, actually he might be dead. Since, the Boadcaster Live thing said that TOD takes place 300 years after Kotor 1 and 2. So, unless Revan found the fountain of youth or something...


~I Once Thought I Was Impervious To The Dark Side...I Was Wrong!
ReplicatorJade is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:12 PM   #10
Jason Skywalker
Fight da Powah
 
Jason Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,152
Current Game: SMT: Imagine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Man_2423 View Post
Perhaps you could call the title Revan or something, instead of just "Lol". Thanks.
I figured it was less spoilerish than "REVAN'S FATE", y'know what i'm saying? Sure, it's kind of misleading but at least it doesn't spoil you just by looking at the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Man_2423 View Post
This wasn't an official announcement that came out and said "Revan is dead". It just says Revan hasn't returned yet. Hell, he could be Sith again.
After 300 years? Unlikely.
Jason Skywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:13 PM   #11
Yar-El
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 783
Current Game: The Witcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicatorJade View Post
Well, actually he might be dead. Since, the Boadcaster Live thing said that TOD takes place 300 years after Kotor 1 and 2. So, unless Revan found the fountain of youth or something...
Wasn't Yoda 400ish years old?
Yar-El is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:14 PM   #12
Fredi
El Guapo
 
Fredi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Germán,PR
Posts: 1,305
Well ... sooner of later Revan was going to die, Old Age or killed.

R.I.P Revan.



"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:14 PM   #13
Jason Skywalker
Fight da Powah
 
Jason Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,152
Current Game: SMT: Imagine
Prolly due to his race. Which, BTW, is STILL unknown.
Jason Skywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:15 PM   #14
ReplicatorJade
Rookie
 
ReplicatorJade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-El View Post
Wasn't Yoda 400ish years old?
Yoda was of an alien race who lived to be up to 1,000 years old.

Revan was human! At least that's what the games allowed you to pick from.


~I Once Thought I Was Impervious To The Dark Side...I Was Wrong!
ReplicatorJade is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:15 PM   #15
Yar-El
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 783
Current Game: The Witcher
The new Emperor could be Jedi Exile's and Revan's offspring.
Yar-El is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:16 PM   #16
Litofsky
Galaxial
 
Litofsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,546
Yoda was a different species. As for Revan, he's probably dead, but the cause remains a mystery. I just hope they don't put an item called "Revan's Corpse" into the game, much like the three Jedi on Korriban and Kashyyyk.
Litofsky is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:17 PM   #17
ReplicatorJade
Rookie
 
ReplicatorJade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litofsky View Post
Yoda was a different species. As for Revan, he's probably dead, but the cause remains a mystery. I just hope they don't put an item called "Revan's Corpse" into the game, much like the three Jedi on Korriban and Kashyyyk.
I'm with, Litofsky on that note!


~I Once Thought I Was Impervious To The Dark Side...I Was Wrong!
ReplicatorJade is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:17 PM   #18
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.
 
Darth InSidious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The Eleven-Day Empire
Posts: 5,764
Current Game: KotOR II
Hopefully, the real KotOR III will explain that.

(Yes, I still want Revan as PC again, dammit! )



Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:19 PM   #19
True_Avery
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,002
Revan was a mary sue. She always won, no matter what.

So, either they follow that line and make her invincible like some Arthas type character in WoW, or she is finally dead.

I'm fine with her being dead, or hell not even mentioned. Awesome character, but a character that never loses becomes very dull very quickly.
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:21 PM   #20
Yar-El
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 783
Current Game: The Witcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery View Post
Revan was a mary sue. She always won, no matter what.

So, either they follow that line and make her invincible like some Arthas type character in WoW, or she is finally dead.

I'm fine with her being dead, or hell not even mentioned. Awesome character, but a character that never loses becomes very dull very quickly.
Everything I have read has Revan as a male and Exile as a female. It would be a nice twist if the new Emperor was their offspring.

Revan obviously failed at stopping the Sith threat.
Yar-El is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:22 PM   #21
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
I'm glad that they've finally canonically established that Revan (and presumably the Exile) die at some point, but aside from that I'm not looking forward to any part of this.


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:23 PM   #22
True_Avery
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-El View Post
Everything I have read has Revan as a male and Exile as a female. It would be a nice twist if the new Emperor was their offspring.
Male Revan and Female Exile were named because of commercial purposes for use in books, as the word "it" is not fitting a character.

The gender is based on player choice, and I chose Revan to be female. Simple as that.
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:23 PM   #23
Jason Skywalker
Fight da Powah
 
Jason Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,152
Current Game: SMT: Imagine
I don't really care much that Revan's dead, what i care about is that he went out nothing like the Revan we saw.
Jason Skywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:24 PM   #24
Darth_Yuthura
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vienna
Posts: 1,585
Current Game: KOTOR III
KOTOR was the greatest game I ever played, but this WILL NOT be of interest to me unless they push back the timeline from 300 years to <25. If this means that KOTOR meant nothing in the grand scheme of things, then I have no interest in ANY of it.

Revan and the Exile, along with all they have accomplished would be tainted.

DON'T MAKE IT TAKE PLACE 300 YEARS TOO LATE!!!!
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:24 PM   #25
True_Avery
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Skywalker View Post
I don't really care much that Revan's dead, what i care about is that he went out nothing like the Revan we saw.
Currently, we know nothing about the story besides the fact it is set many years later.

So nobody knows how Revan went out, or if Revan ever did go out.

Patience.
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:24 PM   #26
Da_Man_2423
Forumite
 
Da_Man_2423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 745
Current Game: NCAA Football 10
Too late, the game is in development, they got the storyline nailed down. No further changes may be added at this point!


Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:26 PM   #27
Darth_Yuthura
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vienna
Posts: 1,585
Current Game: KOTOR III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth InSidious View Post
Hopefully, the real KotOR III will explain that.

(Yes, I still want Revan as PC again, dammit! )
I'm sorry, but this kind of thing is going to kill any hope for KOTOR III.

That's why I hate this so greatly. It's worse than if KOTOR were left in limbo.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:29 PM   #28
ReplicatorJade
Rookie
 
ReplicatorJade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 29
[QUOTE:I don't really care much that Revan's dead, what i care about is that he went out nothing like the Revan we saw.[:Quote]

I agree with Jason here. Revan become an iconic figure in the Star Wars Universe and the game developers just threw it all away to create some brand new, advanced, young game.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura View Post
KOTOR was the greatest game I ever played, but this WILL NOT be of interest to me unless they push back the timeline from 300 years to <25. If this means that KOTOR meant nothing in the grand scheme of things, then I have no interest in ANY of it.

Revan and the Exile, along with all they have accomplished would be tainted.

DON'T MAKE IT TAKE PLACE 300 YEARS TOO LATE!!!!
I also agree with Darth_Yuthura. Kotor was my favorite game and it had just a great storyline, awesome charcters and a different persective for Star Wars.

I doubt I'll get the game.


~I Once Thought I Was Impervious To The Dark Side...I Was Wrong!
ReplicatorJade is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:30 PM   #29
Da_Man_2423
Forumite
 
Da_Man_2423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 745
Current Game: NCAA Football 10
Your 50 bucks is of no great loss to LA.


Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:30 PM   #30
ReplicatorJade
Rookie
 
ReplicatorJade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura View Post
I'm sorry, but this kind of thing is going to kill any hope for KOTOR III.

That's why I hate this so greatly. It's worse than if KOTOR were left in limbo.
Totally. They majorly screwed this up and I'm sure alot of loyal fans to Kotor are extreme disapointed and frustrated.

I for one am!


~I Once Thought I Was Impervious To The Dark Side...I Was Wrong!
ReplicatorJade is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:31 PM   #31
jrrtoken
Senior Member
 
jrrtoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,995
Has no one heard of cryogenics? I think that might be one of the few possible theories if Revan is somehow still alive after three centuries.

Something else from the official site:
Quote:
Will I see any characters from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic?

Given that it is approximately 300 years since the events of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, many of the characters have passed away. However, their legacy does live on as many of their descendants will be part of Star Wars: The Old Republic. Some droids can last a long time as well.
Our only hope: HK-47 makes a comeback.
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:31 PM   #32
True_Avery
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicatorJade View Post
Totally. They majorly screwed this up and I'm sure alot of loyal fans to Kotor are extreme disapointed and frustrated.
Its impossible to make everyone happy.

From what the conference has said so far, it looks to be a GW style set up with Single Player storyline mixed into a multiple player world.

You get both while getting neither.
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:34 PM   #33
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk
 
SW01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northern Ireland, UK
Posts: 1,075
Current Game: Real Life
And there I was thinking that LA would do the sensible thing and finish the trilogy properly...

So, instead we're catapulted 3 centuries forward, when Revan, the Exile, and everyone that ever travelled with them is dead. Any attempt to explain their ends is going to seem, to me anyway, highly contrived.

As for this 'Emperor', I fail to see how he could be realistically related, with any proximity, to our beloved Revan and/or Exile. They would have to be very distant ancestors, anyway.


SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:36 PM   #34
Da_Man_2423
Forumite
 
Da_Man_2423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 745
Current Game: NCAA Football 10
HK-47 isn't dead yet.


Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:37 PM   #35
Char Ell
Force Enlightened
 
Char Ell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 2,368
Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
I've got to think BioWare will do something in TOR to provide us the opportunity to learn something of Revan's ultimate fate.

Seems like that puts the kabosh on the story of the Exile as well. Sorry Obsidian. At least BioWare and LucasArts used your "True Sith" idea.


Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!


Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:37 PM   #36
True_Avery
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Man_2423 View Post
HK-47 isn't dead yet.
Correct. For those that recall, he survives another 4,000 years and counting into SWG.
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:39 PM   #37
TriggerGod
Senior Member
 
TriggerGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: hiding
Posts: 2,415
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX View Post
Has no one heard of cryogenics? I think that might be one of the few possible theories if Revan is somehow still alive after three centuries.

Something else from the official site:
Our only hope: HK-47 makes a comeback.
Quote:
Correct. For those that recall, he survives another 4,000 years and counting into SWG.
EDIT: Wrong, Avery. It was EaW: FoC

Well, maybe not T3, considering HK would've recovered his memory or something, and remembered something unpleasant, and blasted the little astromech's memory core out.
/positive thinking
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:42 PM   #38
Yar-El
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 783
Current Game: The Witcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX View Post
Has no one heard of cryogenics? I think that might be one of the few possible theories if Revan is somehow still alive after three centuries.
Carbonite.
Yar-El is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:43 PM   #39
True_Avery
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerGod View Post
EDIT: Wrong, Avery. It was EaW: FoC

Well, maybe not T3, considering HK would've recovered his memory or something, and remembered something unpleasant, and blasted the little astromech's memory core out.
/positive thinking
http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/HK-47
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2008, 06:44 PM   #40
TriggerGod
Senior Member
 
TriggerGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: hiding
Posts: 2,415
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery View Post
Bah. Sometimes I get mixed up between the two. :/
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Game Discussion > Tython Temple > Revan's Fate

Tags
spoiler

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump