As most people know the M478 mod I released needed work. Like a more complete storyline and an ending for the planet.
Hopefully with the improvements being made it will be a much better story and more complete.
What's being added, altered and removed in the M4-78EP *SPOILERS!*
As people seem to be a lil' bit confused about what exactly the M4-78EP will contain, I decided to create a (short) list of the new content being added in the mod, as well as the stuff that is being removed from the original M4-78 Restoration and/or modified. We will of course not reveal everything as we do not want to spoil too much
But there are enough of spoilers here already so watch out!
The following list covers the most significant areas of the mod. Due to a wide-ranging revision and expansion of the planet's storyline from the M4-78R, the amount of smaller changes, alterations and additions in the M4-78EP is too big to list everything.
:: Content present in the M4-78R, removed in the M4-78EP ::
- Vash's apperance in the Enclave on Dantooine - The Jedi Master will die on M4-78 regardless if you choose to spare her during your encounter.
- The Exile's "death" - includes the cut-scene with T3 rescuing the Exile and the Party Members discussing his "death" on the Ebon Hawk.
- Encounter with Darth Sion - Lord of Pain will make a cameo apperance in the M4-78EP only.
- Nihilus versus Sion cut-scene on Ravager - connected with the Exile's death. However, the scene of Sion announcing he will travel to the Droid Planet is being kept.
- Goto's Yacht puzzles - finding, downloading and/or uploading Reset, Shut Down, Overload programs necessary to access and operate on restrcted systems such as Minefield, Power Distribution etc.
- Female Twi'lek Jedi Tourath - replaced with a new character.
- Revan's connection to M4-78 - the sub-plot of Revan visiting the Droid Planet in search of the True Sith will be removed.
:: New content added in the M4-78EP ::
- New, leading character - M4-78's main villain.
- The planet's backstory - you will have a chance to learn more about M4-78's mysterious past.
- New main-quests - gaining an access to the 2nd Recharge Station and the Sealed Chambers in the Industial Zone will require more from you to do than just blasting the droids.
- BIK movies - there is a possibility that there will be more movies in the mod apart from the Landing and Leaving ones.
- New droids units to interact with - you will have to co-operate with many of them to reach Master Vash.
- Appointing the new Colonists - you will have a possibility to appoint the new Colonist(s) who may aid you later in your journey, after you leave M4-78.
- A greater connection to Korriban - Sion's commands ordered after you flee from the Academy will be have actual consequences.
- A cameo apperance of a familiar face from Kotor 1
- Custom models - new models for placeables and some of the characters.
- Side-quests - bonus missions to keep you occupied.
- Upgrades for your droid companions - you will be able to obtain special upgrades for T3-M4, HK-47 or G0-T0.
- New VOs - most of the new characters will be fully voiced. We will do our best to record the best VOs possible.
:: Modified/altered M4-78R content ::
- Expansion of the original storyline - wide-ranging expansion of the planet's storyline from the M4-78R.
- Encounter with Kaah - you cannot kill Vash's Apprentice on your first encounter with him. Kaah will appear during the planet's finale.
- Droid M4-78's involvement - the planet's supreme droid intelligence will play a much greater role.
- Radiation Leak quest - alteration of the very first mission on M4-78 (due to removal of the Goto's Yacht puzzles) in which you sent one of your droids (T3/HK/G0-T0) to erase the radiation that flooded the Central and Industrial Zone.
- Non-lethal droids - most of the droids in the colony will not attack you if unthreatened or without a specific order assigned by someone.
- Re-recording of the Voice-Overs - some of the VOs for the already existing characters will be replaced or re-recorded in order to adjust their quality and also due to the changes in the dialogues.
The above list is not a definitive one and will most likely be modified, with stuff added, removed or expanded while we continue to make progress on the mod.