lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Darth Revan story
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-22-2008, 03:26 AM   #1
BoneyKingNowhere
Lurker

Darth Revan story

I've been reading a lot about Revan on Wookieepedia and stuff, but I would like to read about him in his actual media. What books or comics concentrate on Revan that I can read? I don't want to read anything where Revan is an occasional side-character, but where his story is really explained. So much of what's written in the Wiki isn't cited and I know that a lot of it isn't in KOTOR. Any ideas of what I can read?
BoneyKingNowhere is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2008, 07:41 AM   #2
Darth Hord
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneyKingNowhere View Post
I've been reading a lot about Revan on Wookieepedia and stuff, but I would like to read about him in his actual media. What books or comics concentrate on Revan that I can read? I don't want to read anything where Revan is an occasional side-character, but where his story is really explained. So much of what's written in the Wiki isn't cited and I know that a lot of it isn't in KOTOR. Any ideas of what I can read?
Revan is never a main character in any book or comic.

His holocron and himself as its gatekeeper make an appearance in Darth Bane Path of Destruction. Revan makes some appearances in the kotor comics, being called the Revanchist. Malak (known as Alek) makes multiple appearances in it. Other then that he gets mentions in source books. From what I understand, there is to be a "TOR" novel coming out in the future based on the new mmo, so based on what we know right now, Revan (and probably the exile) will at least get honorable mentions though I wouldn't be surprised if he plays a big role in the story.
Darth Hord is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2008, 03:04 PM   #3
BoneyKingNowhere
Lurker

OK, thanks for the info Hord. But as I read through the Wookieepedia, I don't understand where most of Revan's backstory during the Mandolorian War and Jedi Civil War come from. There are a few citations from KOTOR, but I don't remember it EVER going into such detail. That info isn't all from the KOTOR comics or something, is it?
BoneyKingNowhere is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2008, 07:27 AM   #4
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneyKingNowhere View Post
That info isn't all from the KOTOR comics or something, is it?
I was under the impression a lot of it came from the comics TBH. Does the Wookipedia/Wikipedia, not list the sources?

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2008, 03:18 PM   #5
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7 View Post
I was under the impression a lot of it came from the comics TBH. Does the Wookipedia/Wikipedia, not list the sources?
Probably isn't cited, but I'm pretty sure it was from the comics as well.

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2008, 07:06 AM   #6
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Depends on what you find 'a lot'

For example, Malak's complete background is explained. How he got bald, tall and got the Malak name.
For Revan...more mystery is given. You see he is already (at a young age) involved with big Jedi Masters and probably knows of the Jedi Covenant. Some other quotes from K1 and K2 are explained as well.

So...it's subtle. Nothing more.

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2009, 03:18 PM   #7
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztalker View Post
For example, Malak's complete background is explained. How he got bald, tall and got the Malak name.
Indeed. I'm still waiting to see how he lost his jaw, though.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2009, 07:50 AM   #8
luckyariot
Rookie

All we know is that Revan cut it off in a duel... which can have a few different interpretations depending on exactly when it happened. But as for Malak's height, wasn't he always pretty tall?
luckyariot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2009, 02:16 PM   #9
Fredi
El Guapo

you should read Star Wars: Jedi vs Sith the essential guide to the force. You can learn about him and from many other things in the SW galaxy.

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2009, 06:02 AM   #10
The Betrayer
Forumite

Current Game: The Godfather II
Helpful! 
I think some info is from the SW:KotOR RP Guide (the name escapes me atm)

OMNIA MUTANTUR NIHIL INTERIT.
The Betrayer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Darth Revan story

Tags
darth, revan, story, storyline