lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Kotor 2 Not Installing on Windows 7
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-17-2014, 11:16 PM   #1
googs64
Lurker

Kotor 2 Not Installing on Windows 7

I pulled out my Kotor 2 for the first time in a while, installed it, but could not play. As soon as I click on the shortcut or the autorun.exe, a message pops up saying "The game does not seem to be properly installed. Please restore the installation or reinstall the game." I uninstalled and tried again with no success.

There are very few threads with this error and none were resolved (each time the OP never responded). But I quickly learned that Kotor 2 has an issue with Windows 7. So I followed the steps here to the letter twice - each time getting the same error.

I don't know how to proceed now. When I had Vista, this game installed fine with no errors (very weird considering all the issues I've read of) but now that I'm on 7, it doesn't appear to work. One thing I've noticed is that the swkotor2.exe is not in the root directory, and I cannot drag it from the CD. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Specs:
Windows 7 64-bit
Core 2 Duo 2.53Ghz
6Gb RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3670
googs64 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2014, 01:56 PM   #2
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

Current Game: many
For the record, KOTOR 1 has problems with it too. I would suggest getting it on Steam, that's how I get them to work on Win 7

Both games are only 6.99 each at the moment. I can't speak for other countries, than England.

A nice song, fits them perfectly.
The Mandalorians - The Chosen Ones
Wedge Suron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Community Discussion > General LFNetwork Forums > General Tech Discussion > Kotor 2 Not Installing on Windows 7

Tags
kotor 2, kotor 2 help, kotor 2 install, kotor 2 need help, kotor 2 not installing, kotor 2 reinstall